• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Underdog Log Vapes

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Hey everyone, just a heads up we're going to be out of town for the weekend and won't be answering any emails or messages until we get back on Monday.
Yeah, I've heard that BS before.

From last Saturday:
Alright it's Saturday night so I'm going to cut out early and call it a short (9hr) work day.

Same as the last couple weeks we'll be taking our semi-weekend Sunday and Monday but will still ship packages Monday. We'll be away from messages and email for the most part during those two days but will try to answer truly urgent ones should we get any.

::edited to add:

Heya @Snappo - I finally got that custom AromaDog done for you, looks like your Olive Dogs but has a solid copper core for max heat transfer efficiency. Works really, really well! :-)

2ufcdqe.jpg
Later Saturday night...

Not till the end of the month so a couple weeks still to go.. :cool:
And then on Sunday...

You can also try different strains as there can frequently be big differences between them in terms of 'cloud' generation. Also if you're using the extension cord with your power supply you can try it without for a slight boost in temp. :peace:

Sounds like a good plan. Not sure if you're running it 24/7 or not but if not you can also try giving it a longer heat up time to see if that has any effect.

Our pleasure!

Heat up shouldn't actually take anywhere near this long but just to rule it completely out of the equation I'd say give it 1-2 hours heat up before use. :cool:

::edited to add:: We'll ship your order out tomorrow, thanks.
:disgust:

22.jpg

:peace:

hellomyfrients

Just wanted to chime in with a customer service anecdote....

Ordered some UD accessories a bit ago after my last power supply died. My dog was out of commission (I try to order new power supplies when down to my last one, but seems I somehow forgot this time) and I was stuck on backups... so I put together an order and of course shipped to the wrong address (I put the wrong shipping address into the UD site and the right one into PayPal). I didn't even notice until the package didn't show up. This was a Friday night and I notified Dave, initially asking which address he shipped to. Once we confirmed it was the wrong one I put through another order. The new package was in my hands that Monday to the Midwest, with some awesome bonus goodies included.

Much love to the UD crew, this stem is for you!

Fifthofjim

So I cleaned a few of my stems with ISO, then let the ISO evaporate. Whats the best way to vape whats left?

Fifthofjim,
Hello Dave,

I have received your Underdog and love it, but I think it might be an underpowered log. I've talked to people on FC forums and I've deduced that might be the issue I'm having. I have not tried a VVPS, but from what I can gather it seems that it's not hitting as it should. I grind material, have adjusted the screens closer, further, medium, used 3 different water pipes, used direct draws, and it seems that I can't get anything other than really light vapor. Tried packing tight and loose, no dice. Seems better when I chug slowly and it's packed, but again, very light and hardly visible vapor. I can show you a test video if you'd like. Also, I wanted to know if possibly plugging in the powersupply into a power surge protector might be the issue?
cleardot.gif

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
Hello Dave,

I have received your Underdog and love it, but I think it might be an underpowered log. I've talked to people on FC forums and I've deduced that might be the issue I'm having. I have not tried a VVPS, but from what I can gather it seems that it's not hitting as it should. I grind material, have adjusted the screens closer, further, medium, used 3 different water pipes, used direct draws, and it seems that I can't get anything other than really light vapor. Tried packing tight and loose, no dice. Seems better when I chug slowly and it's packed, but again, very light and hardly visible vapor. I can show you a test video if you'd like. Also, I wanted to know if possibly plugging in the powersupply into a power surge protector might be the issue?
cleardot.gif
Have you tried plugging it in to another outlet and/or without the surge protector?

Snappo,
Reactions: Madcap79
Yeah, I did, still was the same. Let it charge for about 40 minutes. I took it from the strip and put it directly in the wall, took about 5 seconds. If anything, it should have gotten hotter pretty fast. much faster than 40m.

forzajuve111,

Magic9

Plant Enthusiast
@forzajuve111 Do you have a nylon stem? If so, do you get more vapor out of it?

How is your material? Some strains do not produce much vapor. Are you getting medicated even though your vapor is light?

Try directly into the wall for a few hours. Sunday afternoon may pull a lot of power from your electrical grid. Would you happen to have an extra power supply laying around to try?

Does the body feel warm to the touch? NOT suggesting it, but if you touch the heat port, it should be pretty HOT as will the end of the glass stem after hitting once or twice.

I know Dave and Amanda will get you sorted, so no worries there (out of town until Monday).

I do have a nylon stem, it actually seems a tad bit worse, although I have not given it a go today. I do feel it, but there's hardly any "umph" if you will to the hit. I understand some materials will not produce as much vapor, and this may be the case here, however, by looks and smell it's really good. It is warm to the touch, and it definitely hurts to touch the heating element. 100% in three seconds I can't touch it anymore. What else... The glass definitely gets hot after I hit it. Like I said though the main thing is it doesn't hit hard enough. I will try to plug it into the wall for a few hours and come back

forzajuve111,
Reactions: Magic9
Id also like to say that it does eventually turn to abv so it gets enough heat I suppose eventually, but I'm looking for the rips I see in the videos. I'm not getting that. Looking for the satisfaction that you guys achieved and I'm not getting it either. However stuff like this, where I receive faulty hardware happens often to me with products that are amazing. it's just my luck ya know. I'm sure by what you guys say about the underdogs that I just got one that isn't heating as well as you guys :)

forzajuve111,

Magic9

Plant Enthusiast
I do have a nylon stem, it actually seems a tad bit worse, although I have not given it a go today.

Being closer to the heat source should help with the "umph". I use the glass stem with a SS tip, and I'll go for a slow and steady draw to whitewall the glass.

Just for background (sorry if I missed it), is this your first vape?

Let us know how it goes after a longer warmup. You can always go old school if you have a "coozy/koozy" laying around to get you through the night.

Magic9,
Being closer to the heat source should help with the "umph". I use the glass stem with a SS tip, and I'll go for a slow and steady draw to whitewall the glass.

Just for background (sorry if I missed it), is this your first vape?

Let us know how it goes after a longer warmup. You can always go old school if you have a "coozy/koozy" laying around to get you through the night.
This is my first vape, but my roommate has a volcano that I use all the time. I don't like bags though and really liked the idea of the log vapes. As far as white walling, nylon or glass or water it simply doesn't happen. I rarely see the pipes fill with anything.

Also. When I'm off work in about two hours I'll let you guys know how it works out of the wall. Thank you very much for helpin me out

Last edited by a moderator:
Update: Got home, loaded the GonG water attachment, ripped about 4-5 hits. Blew out light vapor. Girlfriend was watching, got a test recorded as well, she says it fogs up the pipe slightly but she feels it can do better. Keep in mind this water pipe is like 10 inches tall. I feel it should show a little bit more in the pipe. Who knows. Maybe it's the material. When I loaded it up in the volcano I got 2 bags instead of 3, which is usual. What I'm going to do is try and see if my buddy who wants to hit this thing anyway has a little bit of test material we can use, which he will. Tomorrow I will come back to this thread with an update on that.

forzajuve111,

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
Practice, practice, practice along with a little patience is all you probably need to get the bigger hits your looking for. I'm not a total newb at this vaping thing but I have a much easier time using my Underdog dry then I do using any water tools. I don't even get the same results using one of the gong stems dry as i do with the simple silicone + glass stem.

Don't give up and you'll love it.

I'm beginning to think you could possibly be right. That all I need to do is practice. Today I was able to achieve my best hit out of my waterpipe, although still not positive this is the case, I definitely medicated myself. I'm going to make sure instead of posting a new post with new results after using different material, that I will just edit this post. Sorry mods! Lol

Peccary

I'm beginning to think you could possibly be right. That all I need to do is practice. Today I was able to achieve my best hit out of my waterpipe, although still not positive this is the case, I definitely medicated myself. I'm going to make sure instead of posting a new post with new results after using different material, that I will just edit this post. Sorry mods! Lol

My first few runs with my UD were similar (pretty recently). After three or four uses I got used to it and now get nice healthy white clouds.

I think my outlets are a bit underpowered. The first time I tried it was with the glass direct draw and the extension cord was being used. I've found that not using the extension and using the nylon stem works best for me.

I've seen people post photos of the AVB after using the nylon stem and it almost looks black. Mine looks brown and dry, so I seem to be getting the perfect temp this way.

YMMV, but try using the nylon stem w/o the extension cord if you haven't. A slow draw helps quite a bit as well. I suspect that after some practice you'll figure out a method that works for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Peccary,
Reactions: Snappo
Top Bottom