Underdog Log Vapes

underdogette

one in a billion
Company Rep
Was I missing the new GonG stems in a 18mm size, or is that coming in the future?

Hey SD, You didn't miss anything -- we haven't been able to make 18s to our satisfaction, so we've kind of given up for now... but we figure that the 14/18 adapters are pretty easy to come by for anyone who needs an 18mm connection.

underdogette,
Reactions: Peloton

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
Hey SD, You didn't miss anything -- we haven't been able to make 18s to our satisfaction, so we've kind of given up for now... but we figure that the 14/18 adapters are pretty easy to come by for anyone who needs an 18mm connection.

I woke up today with this exact question... I guess I will be getting a 14mm one then. :)

Slightly Medicated,

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
Yeah no luck on the 18mm, so far they've been a major PITA so for now you guys are stuck with 14mm.. :bang:

@ AA - the new GonGs use the Silicone sized (1/2") screens. We need to update the site with that info but haven't had a chance yet, always seems to be more work to do than hours in the day lol. :peace:

Meghan

I went home at lunch to find my new Pup (Rustic California Pistachio Twig) waiting obediently on my front porch. And holy cow, is it beautiful. While I will always have a place in my heart for my first dog (Rustic Maple Log), this new twig is beyond gorgeous. I am so impressed by the wood and the craftmanship.

The main reason I purchased a twig was because I've been carrying my log everywhere I go, and wanted something slightly more portable (mostly in terms of heat-up time). I'm pleased to report that I plugged in my new twig straight out of the box, set the VVPS to 12.4, and took my first very successful hit within 10 minutes. Hooray! This means that my log gets to chill on my night stand, always ready.

Now, the new nylon stems--I got two of them. I've tried both the silicon and the glass in the past and prefer the glass. So far (two sessions later), I'm really liking the new nylon stem design. It's absolutely perfect for conserving your material because it can only hold a tiny load. Obviously this means the sessions are shorter than when I pack a glass stem with my version of a "generous" amount of material (I should really weigh it, but I'm guessing about 0.1 grams). I'm pleased to now have go-to stem options for shorter, more conserving sessions and longer, more decadent ones. :) As far as actually using the nylon stems, I really like it. One reason I don't care much for the silicon is the way it attracts crumbs and fuzz and hairs, and how it feels on my lips--blech. The nylon stem feels very nice and clean and doesn't attract a bunch of crap when I set it down. It also seems like it will be much better as far as cleaning goes. Only time will tell.

I regretted not buying one of the new 14mm GonG stems with the twig, so I placed another order which just shipped out today. I'm really looking forward to testing that out, as well. If all goes well, it's actually hard for me to imagine buying another plug-in vape. Two Underdogs are more than enough to keep me vaping in style (well...until I buy a third...lol)! :tup:

Last edited by a moderator:

mnd99

To those of you have the nylon stems, any chance of seeing some videos with the nylon stem in use? In fact, would love to see some direct draw videos of UD. Almost all the videos have glass setups which is fine but some direct draw videos would be really awesome!

Meghan

To those of you have the nylon stems, any chance of seeing some videos with the nylon stem in use? In fact, would love to see some direct draw videos of UD. Almost all the videos have glass setups which is fine but some direct draw videos would be really awesome!

This isn't a very good video, and my beasts of dogs act up near the end (eliciting a "NO!" from off-screen and a chuckle from me), but your wish is my command.

that herb guy

Received my pack of GonGs today, I love the little tubes you send them in! I'm really happy with it so far, I think this is my favorite stem I've tried with the UD. I may be shooting some video footage soon, we'll see.

Which other stems have you got to compare? Specifically looking to any real differences in them and the WonG/Tapered stems. They've got me curious, that's for sure. I guess the GonG still uses the metal screens, or does it have glass holes?

that herb guy,

AdmiralAlpacha

Which other stems have you got to compare? Specifically looking to any real differences in them and the WonG/Tapered stems. They've got me curious, that's for sure. I guess the GonG still uses the metal screens, or does it have glass holes?

The new GonG's use metal screens.

I just ordered mine yesterday. Can't wait for it to arrive when it does I will also share my impressions and compare it to all of the various UD stems I've had the pleasure of using.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to wish I had ordered the three pack.

Peloton

Vapes Hard

I've tried the glass stems in all sorts of configurations, but before I had the gong I really liked using the glass shorty stem sheathed in silicone to make a 14mm SonG seal. They do indeed take metal screens, mine already had some installed in them even.

AdmiralAlpacha

I'd like to see how the heat core rests on the GonG stem lip.... if it's not too much trouble.

I'd also like to money shots, too. :cool: I'm a perv that way.

:peace:
I'm really curious about this also, and just how well it balances on it. I waited a little to order, so I might be behind but when I get mine I will be sharing lots of information.

I might make a vid also, iv been wanting to show off my dog. But I take really small hits so I'm afraid viewers might get the wrong idea on how much fog these pups can produce :p.

AdmiralAlpacha,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I'm really curious about this also, and just how well it balances on it. I waited a little to order, so I might be behind but when I get mine I will be sharing lots of information.

I might make a vid also, iv been wanting to show off my dog. But I take really small hits so I'm afraid viewers might get the wrong idea on how much fog these pups can produce :p.
I'm the king of small hits, AA. Having chronic bronchitis sucks, but it's a limit that I've learned to deal with. So my hits are never very impressive. I prefer to bring in stunt doubles like SliM or Buildozer for my good videos. :brow:

AdmiralAlpacha

I too have chronic bronchitis! :rockon:

Good idea on the stunt doubles that is the perfect solution.

Now you guys have me all impatient for my GonG :lol:

AdmiralAlpacha,

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
I'm the king of small hits, AA. Having chronic bronchitis sucks, but it's a limit that I've learned to deal with. So my hits are never very impressive. I prefer to bring in stunt doubles like SliM or Buildozer for my good videos. :brow:

lol.. that double cloud rip had me struggling. wasn't there a vid of the UD+something else, too? on the devastator w/ the cloud buddy. i don't know if that got taped.. but it was fun.

mnd99

This isn't a very good video, and my beasts of dogs act up near the end (eliciting a "NO!" from off-screen and a chuckle from me), but your wish is my command.

Thanks for the video! Fogged that room up nicely! How would you rate the flavour from UD compared to other vaporizers?

mnd99,

that herb guy

Anything specific you want to see? GonG related or not..

Honestly mostly what Stu's asked, I must have passed out after that post. How it fits into the GonG, maybe held or sat next to a standard stem for reference. And of course, dat milk shot.:brow:

that herb guy,
Top Bottom