Underdog Log Vapes

happyTrails

phishpanicjam
a plain jane dog doesn't exist I think :p
some may look plain jane on pics, but judging by how mine looked even better in reality as it did on the pics and changes with the lioghtreflection, I think all dogs are like that and will look different under any angle

I agree. I was very impressed by all the cool woods, but being budget minded presently, I opted for one that was less exotic. I have always liked maple, so it seemed like a good choice...and it was! It is a work of art and much more detailed in person then on the website. Love it!

happyTrails,

tranceporter

The Cloud Conductor
I also was surprised at the detail of my Basswood twig. It looked VERY plain from the site (which isn't really a bad thing) but I always find myself staring at it in my hand. It really is a beautiful piece of wood.

tranceporter,

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
Glad you guys all like the woods, even the 'plain' ones are pretty neat once you look at them closely.

It's actually kinda funny, having spent several years in the past working as a photographer I actually have to make a conscious effort to keep the pic quality on the low side. My logic being that I'd rather have people be pleasantly surprised when they see the pieces vs disappointed if the pics are too flattering. :D

Alright back to work.. trying to get some pieces ready to refresh the website with some more Pups tonight. :peace:

underdog,

AdmiralAlpacha

I think mine gets a bit warmer than it should/or I like what is the best way to knock it down a notch, a new power supply?

AdmiralAlpacha,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I'm beginning to wish I'd ordered that VVPS ahead of time :lol:

I tried to push you that way when we talked about it earlier, I guess I didn't push hard enough, sorry man.

Dave, I was always wondering why your photo's seemed so consistently over-exposed, I finally get it now :lol:

I didn't know those came in black too btw, nice find!

Also, I think you guys should post more pictures instead of just talk about how beautiful your wood is
poke.gif

OhTheAgony,

ll11

Please tell me that third pic wasn't published in some newspaper with that caption attached.

ll11,

underdog

Manufacturer
Hahaha you guys soooo crazy.. :lmao:

Working hard here but don't think I'll be able to make the 're-fresh' tonight.. probably tomorrow instead. :peace:

underdog,

djonkoman

I have no problem with anything from super fine MFLB powder like grinds, to broken by hand fresh nuggets. It all vapes well but if it is too big it will get stuck in the heater core which is a pain in the ass so I try to prevent that these days.
I often get some stuck too, at first I always tapped a the bottom or side of my UD with the stem in to get it loose, but that only works part of the time.
what I do now is take the stem out, then lightly tap the UD upside down on my flat hand, then the stuck bits fall into my hand with just 1 light tap, and I can add them to the stem again.

also I often get kief at the edge/rim of the heatport, best way to prevent that is just longer hitting before removing the stem, but otherwise it works to 'scoop' it off with the stem

djonkoman,

AdmiralAlpacha

I prefer the Silika bubblers for use with my UDs personally these days. They're small, affordable and easy to use and much easier to clean than the AV.

20kfajs.jpg

How do you go about using the UD with one of these?

Also is this still what you would recommend for water filtration?

AdmiralAlpacha,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
I would think that the silicone stems would make an airtight seal in that built in bowl of you jammed them in...

I quite like how my UD is pairing up with my möbius matrix disc :brow:

I got a bit crafty last night and constructed myself a GonG stem.
Nothing special, just some thick silicone from one of my stems jammed into a 14-18mm low profile reducer.
It holds itself in there really well, and it's nice and compact (I cut the stem so that there was only about 1cm of stem showing between the top of the UD and the joint when it's inserted)

I prefer the thick silicone, but that's mostly because it can support the UD better.
I haven't really noticed any difference in performance between the thick and thin stems.

I've got myself a VVPS on the way, so my blanket puppy will be fully operational as soon as it gets here :brow:

underdogette

one in a billion
Company Rep
Yes, what Frederick said- the silicon stem mates nicely with the glass bowl. This is a good piece for water filtration on a budget. It's small and easy to clean to boot.

underdogette,

underdog

Manufacturer
@ AA - Yeah I still think that Silika BC49 is the best water option on a budget and like UDEt said also very small and easy to clean.

underdog,

underdog

Manufacturer
Here's a custom piece fresh from the shop that I thought you UDs might like to see.. it's purty.

Custom Figured Myrtle
Figured%20Myrtle.JPG

Have a couple more custom jobs to finish and will post pictures of those too when they're done except a 'Private Collection' piece who's owner wants to keep it private. Quite a few of those off and on.. maybe they're for celebrities or something lol.

Also, refresh is late I know, I've got 15+ refresh pieces that I'm just finishing up the photos and whatnot for and they'll be added to the site shortly. A nice variety of pieces in this refresh too. :peace:

Oh and the last couple PD repairs I've had taking up space here are now gone and headed back to their families.. some of those guys have a surprising amount of char inside.. wild.

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Isn't that a health concern Dave, the charring? Perhaps you should just stop fixing those old things and convert their owners to dogism instead, haha.

Is it me or are the later twigs a little bigger then the earlier ones btw?

Almost didn't recognize you there Fred. Thanks for the tip though, that might be useful for when I get my first 18mm piece :)

Everything is still quiet here otherwise. Abluesymal is still in Frisco they say, probably having a ball riding those lorries right now, the lucky bastard :freak:

OhTheAgony,

underdog

Manufacturer
You know I don't really know if there are health concerns re: the charring but it's something that I don't personally care for which is why I wanted a closed core design instead of one that's open on the bottom. With the PD repairs I take pictures of the char and any other issues and send them to the customer and let them decide for themselves if they are ok with it or not. Some are and some aren't, it's about 50/50.

Which Twigs are you comparing for size? The first gen Twigs with the bottom mount power plug were the smallest, then with the 24/7 revision they got a bit bigger and now with the latest revision they're a bit smaller again.

Not sure how the tracking for international packages gets updated or how often, so it'll probably go straight from SF to your place all of a sudden like magic. Vapory magic. ;-)

Alright I have to get back to working on these photos so I can post some new pieces... :brow:

darkrom

Great Scott!
I wouldn't want any charring I know that for sure. That was one of the main concerns I straightened out with Dave right when I heard about these. I don't know enough about why its probably bad, but I definitely didn't even like the idea of it happening. It simply shouldn't need to IMO.

darkrom,

underdog

Manufacturer
@ darkrom - yeah I understand not wanting charring. I think the people who have the PDs repaired figure they've used the PD as is for the whole time they've had it with no ill effects so why not. Makes sense in a way but I'll still stick with my closed core UD. :p

Alright peeps updating the website right now, hopefully pieces will all be added within an hour or two. As usual here is a teaser in the form of some lineups.. no dibs.. if you see a piece you just have to have I suggest watching the site with your finger on the refresh button lol. :evil:

Lineup 1
Lineup%20%28052112%29a.jpg

Lineup 2
Lineup%20%28052112%29b.jpg

Lineup 3
Lineup%20%28052112%29c.jpg

ll11

Lot of nice wood in there! I'm assuming that first pic are the custom pieces? If I didn't know that figured myrtle was custom I'd be tempted to stay up half the night waiting for the refresh :clap:

ll11,

underdog

Manufacturer
The Figured Myrtle is the only piece that's not available (first pic, left most piece).. all the rest are up for grabs. I need to find some more FM like that, it's incredible and I didn't get enough before it was all gone. Doh!

underdog,
Reactions: placetime
Top Bottom