Underdog Log Vapes

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
My plot was to attach my UD to a 13v and dim it down to a desired temp. That way if I goofed, then I wouldn't burn out the dog by accident. But I guess I need to invest in a multi-meter, If I ever plan to fine tune it in any way. Seen some multi-meters with battery packs out there too and plan on seeing what is available for portability.

The dimmer pictured on the right might have enough range to mark off perhaps, If I go with this power project.

Heard somewhere that (house) dimmers do not conserve power. But IDK. that was pre LED information. The dimmer on the left works well as an extension cord and doesn't tangle. I do use it to power down and only unplug the transformer from the wall when I leave home.
s-l64.jpg
s-l64.jpg
s-l140.jpg

Last edited:

CuckFumbustion

Have my Curly attached to a simple pyrex claisen and a carb plug on the other 'input' socket. All that hooked into a long 6 slit downstem which is in two hole rubber plug and placed in a selected sized beverage bottle. Normally this cheap ass water pipe of odd parts would be unstable. But the UD being so lightweight and balanced, It's no prob with the dog. Go get em' Curly D!

When I have the UD directly over my cheap ass water pipe, It tends to clog or harder to draw towards the end. But with the claisen and carb setup, it hits and clears easily and snaps your head back when you release the carb. Generally I prefer to have enough room for the vapor to expand and become a heavy gas. Direct draw from a Nong, not so much. Still getting to know the thick glass wand a little better.

The full glass setup with the claisen and carb seemed to fix the draw strength problem for me and bring the other things together. With less fumbling.

I straw draw the 18mm Nong and set it on the offset branch of the clasien (the carb being above the opening of the downstem.:nod:) and place the UD on to heat the SS of the Nong. Take it off when the materials are exhausted. Feel that much more like I'm getting better extractions with the flavor closer to what I got from my EQ. SUCCESS!:rockon:

Last edited:

NickDlow

Log Hog
Just wanted to say thank you again to Dave and Amanda (dog & dogette). Once again providing the best CS around, period!

I sent a couple dogs for a check up and picked up a new pup. I had just bought a new house and during the move they boarded my pups till I was settled.

Now I'm settled and the pups are back home. Now it's really a home with my pups back warming it up.

Here's the new addition to the kennel
iq2XbEE.jpg

Enjoy your day everyone!

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
Just wanted to say thank you again to Dave and Amanda (dog & dogette). Once again providing the best CS around, period!

I sent a couple dogs for a check up and picked up a new pup. I had just bought a new house and during the move they boarded my pups till I was settled.

Now I'm settled and the pups are back home. Now it's really a home with my pups back warming it up.

Here's the new addition to the kennel
iq2XbEE.jpg

Enjoy your day everyone!

That was an awesome piece of wood! Good choice @NickDlow and good find @Snappo :cool:

Aimless Ryan

Came to read about grinders; fucked combustion
My replacement pod dog will be here within 2-3 hours! I have not vaped since April 26. I have smoked a little the last week, but I haven't smoked much because smoking disgusts me (and hurts). I just hope the mail carrier brings this special dog to the door, unlike the first time, because it's really hard for me to get around in this wheelchair; particularly anywhere beyond the inside of my front door (like between here and the mailbox).

Thank you so much @underdog and @underdogette! You guys are so awesome! Your kind gesture means so much to me, and I hope you never forget it. Of the four vapes I had before the illegal, traumatic search of my home, I'm glad the one I "get back" first is an Underdog. For many reasons, but mostly because Underdogs blow away the other three vapes I owned, which are also the only other vapes I've ever used.

If anyone doesn't know what I'm talking about, flip back to the page that contains posts from April 27, 2016. (I'll do my best not to post any off-topic stuff this time.)

I'll probably make a shorter unboxing video than before, and first use video, but you'll see I'm not the same person I was a few weeks ago. Hopefully this will be the trigger that helps me start getting better.

Thanks everyone, for being so cool and supportive during my time of need, which is a long way from being over. I didn't receive any support from "family" or "friends," so I guess that's what you guys are to me now. Thanks.

EDIT (11:12 am EDT): There's my new dog. (Please please please bring it to the door.) Can't wait! Think I'll use it ASAP to make myself very useless today. (That won't be difficult, as I am already damn near completely useless.)

NoGu8Ws.jpg

(She brought it up here before I was able to finish the update.)

EDIT (12:08 pm EDT):

EDIT (1:21 pm EDT): And here's another first-time-using video. Thankfully I was able to stay pretty unemotional in both of these videos. That's definitely not normal right now. Must be the power of the dog.

Last edited:

Aimless Ryan

After using my new dog three or four times, perhaps because I hadn't combusted or tasted the weird taste I'd get with my original dog, it occurred to me that I hadn't checked how the dimmer was set. So I checked. It was turned down a little, but I wasn't sure if it was responsible for the difference in performance.

I turned it all the way up. No noticeable difference.

At this point, my interpretation is that my original dog ran a little hotter than this one; pretty much as hot as anyone would want. I accidentally combusted fairly regularly with my original, but I haven't combusted with the new one. That odd taste (from heat?) doesn't seem to be there, either. So it doesn't seem like using a water tool will be as important with this one. Which is cool, because I don't have any water tools.

If this is true, that will be very good for me, because my mobility is pretty close to gone. It's even harder for me to transport things to and from the kitchen for cleaning. Especially glass things.

I have an unusual perspective lately regarding my cannabis use. Because my leg is still nowhere near healed, I'm still taking Percocet. Because Percocet wipes out my two biggest MS issues (pain and spasticity), I've been able to approach my cannabis use from a more recreational angle. It's been way too long.

Eventually I'll have to stop taking Percocet, and those two symptoms will be back every day. It'll suck, but Percocet is something I don't want to need. Besides, it has some nasty side effects.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
My replacement pod dog will be here within 2-3 hours! I have not vaped since April 26. I have smoked a little the last week, but I haven't smoked much because smoking disgusts me (and hurts). I just hope the mail carrier brings this special dog to the door, unlike the first time, because it's really hard for me to get around in this wheelchair; particularly anywhere beyond the inside of my front door (like between here and the mailbox).

Thank you so much @underdog and @underdogette! You guys are so awesome! Your kind gesture means so much to me, and I hope you never forget it. Of the four vapes I had before the illegal, traumatic search of my home, I'm glad the one I "get back" first is an Underdog. For many reasons, but mostly because Underdogs blow away the other three vapes I owned, which are also the only other vapes I've ever used.

If anyone doesn't know what I'm talking about, flip back to the page that contains posts from April 27, 2016. (I'll do my best not to post any off-topic stuff this time.)

I'll probably make a shorter unboxing video than before, and first use video, but you'll see I'm not the same person I was a few weeks ago. Hopefully this will be the trigger that helps me start getting better.

Thanks everyone, for being so cool and supportive during my time of need, which is a long way from being over. I didn't receive any support from "family" or "friends," so I guess that's what you guys are to me now. Thanks.

EDIT (11:12 am EDT): There's my new dog. (Please please please bring it to the door.) Can't wait! Think I'll use it ASAP to make myself very useless today. (That won't be difficult, as I am already damn near completely useless.)

NoGu8Ws.jpg

EDIT (1:21 pm EDT): And here's another first-time-using video. Thankfully I was able to stay pretty unemotional in both of these videos. That's definitely not normal right now. Must be the power of the dog.

I'am so tried of Glass GonG's & STEMS.

The UNDERDOG has unbreakable accessories.
I have spent more on Accessories than the vaporizer's themselves?

One day I hope to experience something "CIVILIZED"!

You have what you need!

underdogette

one in a billion
Company Rep

NoGu8Ws.jpg

We're glad that you're back home, and hope your recovery is as speedy as it can be. <3

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
Today was the first day in a week I have tried using my UD & it was wonderful to take a couple of hot water rips :). Spending 90% of the last 7 days in bed with the worst case of flu I have had in 10 years my UD was out of action & the Air/VC were used sparingly. It was a good thing as it reconfirmed how powerful the UD is compared to most portables. Four NonG's with a fat chip of shatter in two of them have left me seriously wrecked :whoa:.

I have an unusual perspective lately regarding my cannabis use. Because my leg is still nowhere near healed, I'm still taking Percocet. Because Percocet wipes out my two biggest MS issues (pain and spasticity), I've been able to approach my cannabis use from a more recreational angle. It's been way too long.

Eventually I'll have to stop taking Percocet, and those two symptoms will be back every day. It'll suck, but Percocet is something I don't want to need. Besides, it has some nasty side effects.

Glad to see you are able to enjoy cannabis on a purely recreational basis even if it will be for a short while only. Cannabis does have a incredible synergy with opiates though :tup:.

Chicken Charlie

MicroDose Cognoscente
Celebrating the four year anniversary of this unique piece of art; replete with stellar efficient and effective extraction. Thank-you Dave (Underdog). Nothing but top shelf for her today. Menu includes: GDP (breakfast) - OG Kush (lunch) and Bruce Banner (dinner). Thanks again...I wish you many years of continued success.

Aimless Ryan

I finally accidentally combusted with the new pod dog. As it's now about Day 5 with this little guy, that's good. I don't mind a little accidental combustion every once in a while. It reminds me that I'm vaping right around the highest non-combustion temperature possible but doesn't make me fear regular accidental combustion. Which is all I want. I don't need temperature options. First of all because I'm pretty convinced vape temperature metrics mean essentially nothing, regardless of vape model. Second because even if vape temperature metrics truly meant as much as so many people seem to think, I'd still pick the temperature that comes closest to combusting (without combusting), with a fairly small bowl capacity.

Like most new converts to vaping, I too bought into vaping temperature common knowledge when I first started vaping. Because converting to vaping is a whole new world, and there's not much information out there. And I have a lot less access to this information than most other cannabis users (because I live in isolation).

As far as I'm concerned, vaping at any lower temperature is the same thing as driving 25 mph max even though you're already hours late. I see these charts regarding vape temperatures, and I read people talking about what effects one should feel when vaping at certain temperatures, and I wonder where that information came from. Because last I checked, it was still very difficult for scientists to conduct any cannabis research. Also, how were scientists paid when they conducted these vape temperature studies? Science doesn't happen unless scientists get paid. Who paid for these studies?

Until I see some really good answers for those kinds of questions, with legitimate citations, I will continue to vape exclusively at the highest temperature possible without combusting.

CuckFumbustion

@Aimless Ryan if you can heal without the pills, then more power to you.:rockon: It's good to know you can rely on them if you have an episode. But your active choice to use MJ over the pills and avoid any complications or worse addiction is a strong move that shows how much will power you possess despite the rough patch you went through. Thanks for making that point.
Until I see some really good answers for those kinds of questions, with legitimate citations, I will continue to vape exclusively at the highest temperature possible without combusting.
I accidentally combusted once with the UD. Matter of time, I figured. That was probably because I kept drying out and trying get something out of an overpacked hit. Re drying the same materials until it reached the danger zone. One fleck ignites then I'm scrambling to stop it before I get smoke damage to all my vape gear.
As far as I'm concerned, vaping at any lower temperature is the same thing as driving 25 mph max even though you're already hours late.
I tend to avoid car analogys.:lol: But get what you are saying. I do think that used to be true, until more vapes came on the market that can drive 55+. Now we can choose vapes that can steer better and stay on the road and not go over 65 and cause combustion. Now some of us want to go from 0 - 65 in under a minute. And that is where my car analogy breaks down. Because things like draw strength and resistance play a part of a vape session and why I drive at about 67 in a 65 zone with tight handling. Fastest way to get somewhere without getting pulled over for driving over the speed limit. The speed limit being the max temp without combusting. Did I mention already that I tend to avoid car analogys?

Not an extreme temp guy. But been vaping at higher temps recently, I find it helps to know the range of how your materials can be vaped. If one method isn't working, I switch to another method. To me vaping at the extreme end is like turning up your guitar amp to eleven. It burns the corners before the mass has been heated. If you allow the materials to absorb the heat, then moderate temps will get another range of vapor. Sometimes a whole lot more visible gassy vapor. How well the body absorbs said vapor is a whole other topic that ties into what is a desired method.

The UD is a manual heat core with no digital readout like my EQ, So it is a matter of how well the SS or glass gets warms up before taking a draw. When fully successful, My ABV looks like ground coffee and turns to dust when I poke it out of my Nong. If it is blackend around the corners, Then I need to dial it back. With the UD that means I draw it a little earlier than the last time.
Although I used it mostly upside down, It does perform better and tends to not clog at the end when used right side up. Which has been another problem cause by my overpacking.:doh:
Since I made myself a double walled adapter hose for my EQ, I just use that and a F/F with my wand of choice and pull a huge cloud out of a tiny bowl. If I were to go with a higher temp, then I get less impressive clouds and the popcorn taste becomes an early part of the hit. Even and efficient heat absorption gets the best results for me. A slightly slower extraction can produce a very tastey terpy syrupy taste that can't be achieved with a fast extraction at an extreme temps. Like that perfect bowl of porridge. Although I never had porridge.:peace:

Last edited:

Madcap79

Jack of all trades, master of none.
I finally accidentally combusted with the new pod dog. As it's now about Day 5 with this little guy, that's good. I don't mind a little accidental combustion every once in a while. It reminds me that I'm vaping right around the highest non-combustion temperature possible but doesn't make me fear regular accidental combustion. Which is all I want. I don't need temperature options. First of all because I'm pretty convinced vape temperature metrics mean essentially nothing, regardless of vape model. Second because even if vape temperature metrics truly meant as much as so many people seem to think, I'd still pick the temperature that comes closest to combusting (without combusting), with a fairly small bowl capacity.

Like most new converts to vaping, I too bought into vaping temperature common knowledge when I first started vaping. Because converting to vaping is a whole new world, and there's not much information out there. And I have a lot less access to this information than most other cannabis users (because I live in isolation).

As far as I'm concerned, vaping at any lower temperature is the same thing as driving 25 mph max even though you're already hours late. I see these charts regarding vape temperatures, and I read people talking about what effects one should feel when vaping at certain temperatures, and I wonder where that information came from. Because last I checked, it was still very difficult for scientists to conduct any cannabis research. Also, how were scientists paid when they conducted these vape temperature studies? Science doesn't happen unless scientists get paid. Who paid for these studies?

I believe most of the feeling aspect of it is anecdotal and I personally can tell a difference between vaping at different temps. Some of the charts come from studies outside the US, I believe. It's all what works for the individual.

CuckFumbustion

I believe most of the feeling aspect of it is anecdotal and I personally can tell a difference between vaping at different temps. Some of the charts come from studies outside the US, I believe. It's all what works for the individual.
Off topic. Was into TMBG since their first video. Saw TMBG for free at CU years later. Been fighting Triangle man's logic for years. ;)

Also why I agree with your points on the 'feeling aspect'. The chart is more of a reference - rule of thumb for me, even with a digitally accurate setup. :2c: But I can control the temps in many setups and dial in the effects. If I remember things like pre-heating and heat absorption of the materials.

I can compare ABV from my digital and the UD and have a narrower guess as to what the UD is kicking out. Really helps when getting to know how well the different wands work.

Current wand rotation, I use the Nongs when the UD is first warmed up. Later the glass wands that have been preheated in the UD. Then whatever project wand I'm trying out.:science:

Say, speaking of projects, I'm having trouble keeping my SS screens in the single SS tip that I bought from UD a while back. They tend to slide around or pop out. The tip is already stuck inside a glass 19mm using silicone strips and I'm wondering if I put it in upside down or if it is completely smooth and I need a screen solution that is less fumble-some.:hmm:

It is the chew-toy wand for my curly. The SS sit inside the ring(?). The glass on the outside with a narrow air gap. Two pieces are being heated up as opposed to just the SS.:nod:
I can fill the entire SS stem and get good convection, but packing and often putting the screen back in is a bother. Plus I'm using it upside down in my water piece which would clog other Nongs and GonGs.

Do people use the reclaim from the Nongs? Anything anybody cares to mention about the Nylon material would be useful to me. :peace: &:sherlock:

Top Bottom