Underdog Log Vapes

Twiddlebug

Thank you for explaining! I was starting to realize everyone just dog-piles on top of each other here. I am awaiting the sound of the doorbell ...

Modnote: Back to back posts merged

Hey Dawgs,

I just took the UD for a test drive and I was pleasantly surprised and shocked. Now I am very excited about the future. :)

I plugged in the Wild Maple and gave it about 30 min to heat up. I chose the NonG 18mm attachment , filled the little reservoir with my lowest THC / highest CBD strain and attached it to my D020. Simple.

I raised the Dog, and I got a very large and surprising amount of vapour in one hit! The flavour was fantastic, very comfortable, and within a few minutes I was feeling more medicated and relaxed than I have in a while! This is the experience I have been searching for... a small amount of medicine for the best effects. It's much more like the ol' days where a little goes a long way and the UD is unrealistically efficient. I'll let you all know in a few weeks how things have progressed with the effects. I've been managing my herb with so much tedious work but no more! Without using the other stems or even a VVPS, this is the vaporizer I've been looking for. (I'm still gonna get the VVPS)

Thank you Dave for making such a great product and for the top notch customer service (we don't have that in Canada). The quality and workmanship of my UD is so beautiful. The stems looks great but I think I did not receive the little o-ring for the core? I double checked and could not find it.

Okay, I am off to relax a bit. But I will be makin' some vids in the near future.

Later, Dawgs.

Last edited by a moderator:

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
I will never call 911 from Grove City again. I am legitimately afraid to, for multiple legitimate reasons. And that may be worth some money. Instead of helping me with my femur that was broken into at least three pieces, one paramedic decided it was his job to search my home. So much more.
Glad to hear you are finally home at least. You should not have to live with that fear and hopefully your efforts and the current legislation you are mentioning will stop that kind of thing.
Police tend to crack down more on MJ just before any Pro MJ legislation is passed. I'm trying not to sway anything. But I would find out if there is a history of this kind of thing with this
paramedic and the officer who did the warrant and the correlation between the two. Otherwise best of luck in making your case and can understand you wanting to keep a lid on some of this.
Feeling the love over here. Thanks everyone! But I'm so old, I can't figure out how to start a new post. I don want to interrupt someone else's again. I've been lurking for a while so a lot of names seem familiar to me already.

I can't believe it, but the UD is at my post office already! That's just three days ... and now the UD shall rise! I will be posting my experience once I get acquainted. (If someone can explain how start a post, please guide me ... I feel soooo old)
You can also ask one of the staff for any further questions about posts. Also it helps to see if anybody else has asked your question or covered the subject already in one of the threads. Look forward to your first impressions. :peace: Also try to avoid double posting.;)

Last edited:

fågel

᚛ᚓᚐᚅ᚜
hey everyone, it's been a long time since i wrote in. been busy enjoying my UD! i love my little econo-dog. she has probably saved me more money conserving my meds than i bought her for! i love her so much that i might be willing to risk taking her to europe with me this summer (i can't imagine going a month without my beloved vape!!). i was wondering about how to solve the power issue and if anyone has travelled abroad with their dog before & had advice.

i received my order of new nylon stems. they're so short and cute! i didn't realise that the old ones weren't adjustable? i've been adjusting mine this whole time (got my dog last fall). and oh geeze the ambrosia maple up on the site right now is so tempting!!

@Aimless Ryan i'm so sorry to hear about the shit you've experienced :(

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
hey everyone, it's been a long time since i wrote in. been busy enjoying my UD! i love my little econo-dog. she has probably saved me more money conserving my meds than i bought her for! i love her so much that i might be willing to risk taking her to europe with me this summer (i can't imagine going a month without my beloved vape!!). i was wondering about how to solve the power issue and if anyone has travelled abroad with their dog before & had advice.

i received my order of new nylon stems. they're so short and cute! i didn't realise that the old ones weren't adjustable? i've been adjusting mine this whole time (got my dog last fall). and oh geeze the ambrosia maple up on the site right now is so tempting!!

@Aimless Ryan i'm so sorry to hear about the shit you've experienced :(

Glad to hear you're liking it!

I've never traveled with my dog, but I plan on taking one when I go out of country on vacation (at some point....) I have 100% clean stems, fly to destination with clean stem, use during trip, throw stem away when you leave!

Busted out my very first dog today :) It pops so much when you move it around! I had to dig up this post

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/underdog-log-vapes.4214/page-345#post-711778

As that has some photos of my dog shortly after I got it........

C8ziXsJ.jpg

RJ5ZVAf.jpg

C2edIv6.jpg

HwaqiDN.jpg

XxSdOFd.jpg

Aroooo! It runs so much cooler than my other ones too, nice change of pace!

Have a great one!

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer

I have one of those and while it's a decent (thought expensive) 'little' VVPS it doesn't take batteries so wouldn't be of use for a portable solution. It just a standard AC wall powered VVPS unit.

A battery pack and batteries would work though, we discussed those a 'few' pages back so you can probably scroll back and find some links, etc pretty easy. :tup:

shredder

Here is the battery pack/charger that Underdog recommended, and that I bought. Along with six Panasonic 18650 batteries. It was difficult to open the battery door, and it took a long time to fully charge, 5 hours from 35%, but other than that it works great. It's adjustable in 1/2 volt increments. I run my dogs at 12 and 11 volts. The dogs seem to work just like they do with the buck boost as a power supply.

http://www.amazon.com/Monitor-Batte...&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00

Just an update to get the link out there. And to say the five battery pack underdog recommended lasts a long long time.

I just charged mine for the second time. I had four plus hours on it, and had 44% battery life left. Not sure how long it would take to drain it, but my guess would be five plus hours of use.

DrNick420

I have one of those and while it's a decent (thought expensive) 'little' VVPS it doesn't take batteries so wouldn't be of use for a portable solution. It just a standard AC wall powered VVPS unit.

A battery pack and batteries would work though, we discussed those a 'few' pages back so you can probably scroll back and find some links, etc pretty easy. :tup:

So I could get one of those portable AC generators, strap it to my back, hold that VVPS in one hand and the Underdog in the other right? :)

Hyphy

http://www.amazon.com/Philmore-Multi-Voltage-Regulated-Power-Supply/dp/B004M45MHQ/ref=pd_sbs_328_15?ie=UTF8&dpID=411aE6k2VBL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160,160_&refRID=13MEW7XEQQSZEXFNEQZ2
411aE6k2VBL._SX450_.jpg

This seems like a solid unit for the dogs. I like that it doesn't go up to 15V-20VDC like some of the others do so there's no risk for someone to set it too high and burn out a dog. It seems to have a good spread of voltage settings for aroma, standby, and full power modes. @underdog what do you think?

EDIT: here's another one. I'm on a roll!!
http://www.amazon.com/3-12Vdc-2Amp-..._UL160_SR160,160_&refRID=13MEW7XEQQSZEXFNEQZ2
41OLdrPUrfL.jpg

Last edited:

underdog

Manufacturer
So I could get one of those portable AC generators, strap it to my back, hold that VVPS in one hand and the Underdog in the other right? :)

Absolutely! :D

http://www.amazon.com/Philmore-Multi-Voltage-Regulated-Power-Supply/dp/B004M45MHQ/ref=pd_sbs_328_15?ie=UTF8&dpID=411aE6k2VBL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160,160_&refRID=13MEW7XEQQSZEXFNEQZ2
411aE6k2VBL._SX450_.jpg

This seems like a solid unit for the dogs. I like that it doesn't go up to 15V-20VDC like some of the others do so there's no risk for someone to set it too high and burn out a dog. It seems to have a good spread of voltage settings for aroma, standby, and full power modes. @underdog what do you think?

EDIT: here's another one. I'm on a roll!!
http://www.amazon.com/3-12Vdc-2Amp-BENCHTOP-POWER-SUPPLY/dp/B01BJ4Q1Z8/ref=pd_sbs_328_46?ie=UTF8&dpID=41OLdrPUrfL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160,160_&refRID=13MEW7XEQQSZEXFNEQZ2
41OLdrPUrfL.jpg

Either one of those MIGHT work but they both have fixed outputs and nothing in between.. so like the second one you'll have to jump from 9v to 12v.. no choosing anything in the middle. To me that would make both unusable for a vape.

You'd probably be better off spending an extra $10 and getting on like this with a true variable voltage output: http://www.amazon.com/Tekpower-TP15..._UL160_SR160,160_&refRID=0NMHVK0EYZ2XXT314RQW

:2c:

shredder

http://www.voltagekeeper.com/
Absolutely! :D

Either one of those MIGHT work but they both have fixed outputs and nothing in between.. so like the second one you'll have to jump from 9v to 12v.. no choosing anything in the middle. To me that would make both unusable for a vape.

You'd probably be better off spending an extra $10 and getting on like this with a true variable voltage output: http://www.amazon.com/Tekpower-TP152A-Variable-Supply-2-2-15/dp/B000RO8J98/ref=pd_sbs_328_2?ie=UTF8&dpID=41RFyBxIdkL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160,160_&refRID=0NMHVK0EYZ2XXT314RQW

:2c:

The buck boost unit sold on the underdog site, is a solid unit at a good price. Mine works flawless.

And there is always a voltage keeper, by rep another solid unit, and another small business in this industry.
http://www.voltagekeeper.com/

Hyphy

Either one of those MIGHT work but they both have fixed outputs and nothing in between.. so like the second one you'll have to jump from 9v to 12v.. no choosing anything in the middle.
Well, 12V works for me during sessions because I can fine tune temp by adjusting the stem screen. That would give me 6V, 7.5V, 9V for standby modes to keep it warm, depending on how long I want to go between sessions. That leaves 3V and 4.5V for aroma which are the min and max you have listed on the FAQ. What do you find to be the sweet spot voltage for aroma?

I'm not sure I need true variable voltage based on my usage, rather just a few positions on a dial for aroma/standby/vape. Less is more type of thing.

underdog

Manufacturer
Well, 12V works for me during sessions because I can fine tune temp by adjusting the stem screen. That would give me 6V, 7.5V, 9V for standby modes to keep it warm, depending on how long I want to go between sessions. That leaves 3V and 4.5V for aroma which are the min and max you have listed on the FAQ. What do you find to be the sweet spot voltage for aroma?

I'm not sure I need true variable voltage based on my usage, rather just a few positions on a dial for aroma/standby/vape. Less is more type of thing.

Ah, well then it might work just fine for you. :tup: I figured it was better to be safe than sorry and mention the potential limitation just in case you weren't aware.

shredder

I'm too much of a gaget guy, lol. I adjust my buck/boost for differences in room temps, herb dryness, stems, vapes and so on.

EVlL 55

...I also use the buck/boost from U.D. and it works excellent.
Granted I only go to 13 for water applications...I don't leave it on 24/7 so it works out well.
I do also have a tattoo supply that works well in the fact that it completely powers the dog....when it's on..the dogs on...when it's clicked off...it's off....and the up and down in between take the place of the dimmer....but it just doesn't seem to be as accurate as the buck/boost in that it doesn't seem to run as hot...the tattoo power needs to be at like 14 to match the buck/boost at 13....so it goes into the realm of 15 for water....I just don't trust it's $15 worth vs. the buck/boost....and like I said for my purposes,..the standard 12 is perfect.

Aimless Ryan

Came to read about grinders; fucked combustion
I want to thank @underdog and @underdogette for offering me a replacement for my beautiful, brand new Missy Pod Dog, which was taken from me during an illegal search of my home on 4/27/16, along with all my other vapes, gear, and medicine, while my right leg was in at least a few more pieces than usual.

That's such an unbelievable act of kindness. Which they didn't have to do. Which I didn't ask them to do.

Thank you so much, you guys. Not just the two people I've already mentioned, but everyone. This thread is a good place, thanks to the good people who keep it alive. Two other followers of this thread have offered me vapes over the last week or so, too. I don't want to mention them by name right now, though, partly because I don't know if they want me to.

I don't mean to go off topic here, and I'm sorry that I have taken this thread off topic at all during the last couple weeks. A moderator and myself have discussed taking most of my recent UD posts (and related responses) to retroactively start a new, more appropriate thread for that stuff. (We should probably go ahead and do that ASAP, to prevent me from taking this thread any farther off-topic.) Anyway, here's a video I made mostly during my hospital stay, beginning during my ambulance ride.

Disclaimer: This video might be kinda tough to watch. Especially the first half. It took a lot of tears to make this video, but there's also some smiling, some laughing, and some straight-out fun-having. Overall, I think it's an awesome video, and I hope you enjoy it.

I created the second and third clips while I was in the emergency room. Also, I don't remember being in an emergency room. (I think I do remember saying some of those things, though.) Regardless, I liked that footage enough to use all of it.

Thank you, everyone! As hard as this ordeal has been, it's also been very good in some ways. Hard to explain, but true. There are a lot of big hearts inside people who follow this thread. Much bigger than mine. You should all be proud of yourselves for how you've helped me through this. Just little things like Liking my posts. It may not seem like much to you, but it is. You guys are awesome!

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
Wow, @Aimless Ryan I'm amazed you documented your full experience to the hospital. :bowdown:
I want to thank @underdog and @underdogette for offering me a replacement for my beautiful, brand new Missy Pod Dog, which was taken from me during an illegal search of my home on 4/27/16, along with all my other vapes, gear, and medicine, while my right leg was in at least a few more pieces than usual.
Yes, thank you for helping Ryan. And for also taking some of the sting out. :clap:Sure we all will get to see it. :cool:

Here is a few places if you wanted to wander Aimlessly and share share a Random thought.:freak: Random Thoughts.
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/random-thoughts.19553/page-16#post-969445

Here is a thread I started. The Tiny-Short Story thread. You are cordially invited to join. :D
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-tiny-short-story-thread.20516/page-2

Back to my UD. I think the SS in my standard core has become more tempered or something. Been using the same brick of a transformer but getting black and dark ABV in less time with the 18mm Nong. I do have a much better managed cord setup which may contribute. :hmm: It is noticeable and notable enough of a change.

At some point, I still plan on dimming the power from a 13v transformer to a preferable sweet spot between 12v and 13v. Least amount of wear on the UD, but enough to boost consistency and performance. That happy middle ground. One suggestion mentioned is 12.3v. Any rules of thumb here would be appreciated.

Or should I be asking how some power up their dawgs with some sort of boost setup? I'm sure my power setup with a battery backup will have other considerations. Plus I've read that that cold and wind will be part of the mix. Pretty much trying to conserve power but have it heat/ramp up quick enough to not have as huge of an impact on the battery backup. Preferably.:peace:

Last edited:

Madcap79

Jack of all trades, master of none.
What exactly is the benefit for getting a dimmer, Will its stay hot at a lower temp for a longer time than when at full power? Usually I use the nongs as one hitters. Would a lower voltage get me 2 hits? Or am i just over thinking this lol
You can achieve a different high at different temps. I think that's why most people have them. Also, I suppose to go a little higher to push the edge of combustion or for concentrates. Another use would be to lower voltage when not in use to ease the wear and tear on the heater (if you like to have it available for 24/7 use, that is) and for aromatherapy.

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
What exactly is the benefit for getting a dimmer, Will its stay hot at a lower temp for a longer time than when at full power? Usually I use the nongs as one hitters. Would a lower voltage get me 2 hits? Or am i just over thinking this lol

A dimmer is good for lowering the temperature but pretty much useless for any fine regulation. A good way to look at it is a dimmer has three positions off, idle & running. When the unit is off it needs the 20 or so minutes to get to temp but say you have it sitting at 9v it is only partially warm like when a car is idling & running is running at temp. If you break out a multi meter you can mark lower voltages but moving that dial 1mm can make big changes in temps. It can be pretty handy to have a session & turn your UD to idle for a hour or two but you need to remember to give it 5 minutes to heat up.

If you want to run your UD at higher temps or have fine temperature control then you will need a VVPS. I have no need for a VVPS on mine but appreciate having an idle mode.

Top Bottom