Underdog Log Vapes

Commander Cody

HX7P2ZB.jpg

This gets my vote

Vaponly

What, Me Worry?
On the sticker designs - I think they will need a simple design limited to just 2 or 3 colors.

If it was a t-shirt you would be 100% correct. With today's offset printing, the pre-press guy will just convert your painstakingly prepared color separation into 4-color (cmyk) anyway. It ends up being cheaper too, because setting up a separation with trapping and mixing spot colors is no fun at all.

Full color custom printing can get pricey! Also needed are clear high-res pictures.

It can be very pricey! But the high price is usually the result of using exotic stock or die-cutting. Going with the shops "house stock" in one their "house sizes" will save a pile of $$$, because it is cheaper and easier for them to use.

Just make the image at least 300 dpi at final size and you should be golden. One of the many reasons pulling images off the web yields sub-par results and sometimes even a lawsuit. Cant tell you how much of my life has been spent cleaning up images a client pulled from a site, because it looks "so blurry" when you show them a comp.

Ug... Sorry for the high-jack, I tend to think about work, even when I try not to (by coming here lol).

Last edited:

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
I have had the most unfortunate luck with my Underdogs as of late, er the power supplies that is. :lol: What a trip, I never ever have problems either

Plugged dog in the other day, turned on the VVPS to 12.3

Waited about an hour, I always like waiting for them to get hot......

Tried to hit it, find out its cold! Look at my VVPS and find that the Red plug's wire got ripped off somehow, so it wasn't even giving it any juice!!

Ah, no biggie, I'll just throw on the wallwart, meh haven't had any combustion problems as of late at 12.3 so might as well use the WW with the Afzelia....

Combusted in the NonG! ARGH! I put the dogs awaay for the night.

Next day, Ahhhh, shit well let me try a different dog and a different outlet.........the Amboyna combusts! Argh!!!

Let me find my extension cords......where the fuck are all my extension cords??!?! I manage to find two though, hook it up to the wallwart, and hook it back up to the dog!!

Wait another hour for it to get nice and hot, boy am I ready!!

The dog is cool!! The extension cord is broken somewhere, no power getting to it!

So finally today, I got the other extension cord hooked up, and the dog is running a-ok!!

Ahh, now that my dogs nice and hot, it could use a nice lather of Underbutter.....

I'm all outta Underbutter!!! :lol:

Expect an order fairly soon for some more extension cords, a lab cord, underbutter, and maybe some more goodies :)

Got to agree that I like the logo as is and wouldn't recommend changing it, but I love seeing all your guy's pups and if you had like limited dog stickers from dog users, idk that could be kinda cool?

Here is my mutt:
9Fw8Wnx.jpg

Rare form with the hat, he's not usually calm enough for that :lol:

KnotKnox

Nah I don't typically, maybe inadvertently? I usually just plug them straight in or at a right angle with the extension.
My right angle cord does something similar and I think it's because I twisted it too much. Sometimes it turns on and sometimes it doesn't, while the straight barrels turn it on every time. The right angle cord has a clear indented ring.

Verax

Got a Mighty and oh my lord it is sweet. But I haven't forgotten about my little pup! I bought the Tekpower VVPS for it and I like the digital read out. The dial is WAY too sensitive but that's no big deal. I like to run it at 12.9v or 13v and push the screen down a little further from the heater so the herb doesn't scorch. I like big clouds :). I love my UD through a bubbler, UD still the dollar for dollar best vape value out there!

What do you guys run your Tekpower VVPS at?

Totally agree about the sensitivity. I usually run between 11 and 13v, depending on beginning or ending a session, and the distance from the top of the stem to the top of the herb.

indicandescent

Dismembered Member
Been lurking FC for a couple of years, and have been researching log vapes for months. After much deliberation I intend to pick up an underdog. I'm quite price conscious and have been biding my time the last few months trying to hold out for a sale.

Hopefully this is not horribly rude but does anybody expect there will be a sale corresponding to the 20th of this month? I noticed some other logs going on sale recently and as much as I have my heart set on a dog, I'm not quite sure I can hold out much longer.

Oh and thanks to all the posters in this thread being so enthusiastic and for sharing their experiences with these devices, it is definitely what has pushed me over the edge to go with UD.

NickDlow

Log Hog
Been lurking FC for a couple of years, and have been researching log vapes for months. After much deliberation I intend to pick up an underdog. I'm quite price conscious and have been biding my time the last few months trying to hold out for a sale.

Hopefully this is not horribly rude but does anybody expect there will be a sale corresponding to the 20th of this month? I noticed some other logs going on sale recently and as much as I have my heart set on a dog, I'm not quite sure I can hold out much longer.

Oh and thanks to all the posters in this thread being so enthusiastic and for sharing their experiences with these devices, it is definitely what has pushed me over the edge to go with UD.

I wouldnt be surprised if there was a huge sale around 4/20. These guys are always putting up great deals!!

Here my pup:
9IgMN2D.jpg

Here she is after we vape...
N8knREM.jpg

Yup she really vapes with me. Medicinal of course, she has bad hip problems and just had surgery to correct them. But I don't like shoving pain pills down her throat either so we vape. My dog loves my Dogs!

hoptimum

The UD is a good choice and worth every penny. Theres a good chance there might be a special on for 4/20. They also do promotions from time to time. Keep an eye on the FC classifieds, too.

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
Hey everyone, regarding the stickers they're just that - stickers. We're not changing our logo or anything just considering printing a different design sticker this time instead of one that is the same as our logo (if that makes sense). Will probably end up going with something very simple in terms of line art and color but we always enjoy seeing everyones dog photos. :cool:

Welcome aboard! We are going to run a little 24hr special on 420, hopefully you can take advantage of it. We'll message you some details since we're not ready to officially announce anything. :peace:

indicandescent

Dismembered Member
Welcome aboard! We are going to run a little 24hr special on 420, hopefully you can take advantage of it. We'll message you some details since we're not ready to officially announce anything. :peace:

That's good news! I totally wasn't refreshing this page constantly in the hopes of such a reply! Just need to remain calm for another twelve days - but who's counting?

GTAVaper

Made a ghetto VVPS found a 15v PS lying around picked up a dimmer from ud. Got my multi meter out put some marks between 12v & 13v I'm set no extra gear sutting on table.
Wfm

Huh? I had suggested something like that previously but someone had replied that the UD dimmer was a PWM dimmer and as such the voltage would be constant even though the power would be variable due to the pulsed current. It sounded like that would be right .....but I guess that the DMM readings do read a variable voltage after all.

shredder

So what's the preferred concentrate method using our dogs?
Should i use cotton? How hot to set the vvps?

Now that I put my other vapes up, I'm getting curious.
Along those lines, I'm using a steel tip in the glass wand the last couple days. I put a small ball of cotton in the glass stem for a filter. And it's getting kind of tastey looking, lol.

Vaponly

What, Me Worry?
So what's the preferred concentrate method using our dogs?
Should i use cotton? How hot to set the vvps?

Now that I put my other vapes up, I'm getting curious.
Along those lines, I'm using a steel tip in the glass wand the last couple days. I put a small ball of cotton in the glass stem for a filter. And it's getting kind of tastey looking, lol.

For wax I like wiping it on the bottom of a basket screen and loading on top of a basket loaded with herb.

For Keif or crumble I just add a scoop on top of some herb.

If you prefer to use straight concentrate then a cut down concentrate pad or a little hemp fiber works well.

Last edited:

CBDFarm

QUIT.
I wouldnt be surprised if there was a huge sale around 4/20. These guys are always putting up great deals!!

Here my pup:
9IgMN2D.jpg

Here she is after we vape...
N8knREM.jpg

Yup she really vapes with me. Medicinal of course, she has bad hip problems and just had surgery to correct them. But I don't like shoving pain pills down her throat either so we vape. My dog loves my Dogs!

Lucky son of a gun...Ive been trying to get my Husky Sky off joints for awhile... She can't stop smiling... Before and after pics...

1098027_552126678187480_1436832667_n-Copy_zps0bfd484c.jpg

monafloofa_zpsfc6ccad7.jpg

LOL But on a serious note I have been looking into these for awhile(or the cloud evo) but this looks a lot nicer, If anyone would like to give me a few cliff notes on how you like your,function,etc, Id appreciate it. I really don't smoke/vape herb(im a wax man :) ) it would be a gift for my GF, she likes the cocobolo one. I think it looks a lot better then the cloud evo too, but I don't smoke herb so please enlighten me :)

EDIT: I read this is also compatible with wax in the post above me, that would make it even better so i could use it too! lol. Is it true? Thanks in advance guys.

Madcap79

Jack of all trades, master of none.
@CBDFarm

People have successfully used wax with the UD. You can sandwich a small little bit between two layers of herb. I believe you can also use organic cotton or degummed hemp to make a pod around the wax. I must confess I use flower only so this is only from what I've read on this thread. I can, however, vouch for its awesomeness as a flower vape. As you can see, I have a few. It's very good for herb conservation, provides cloudy hits and is easy to maintain and clean. You can keep it on 24/7 so it's ready to go anytime, if you so choose. It feels great in the hand and it's always fun to study the grain pattern while you use it. Handmade for the win!

CBDFarm

QUIT.
@CBDFarm

People have successfully used wax with the UD. You can sandwich a small little bit between two layers of herb. I believe you can also use organic cotton or degummed hemp to make a pod around the wax. I must confess I use flower only so this is only from what I've read on this thread. I can, however, vouch for its awesomeness as a flower vape. As you can see, I have a few. It's very good for herb conservation, provides cloudy hits and is easy to maintain and clean. You can keep it on 24/7 so it's ready to go anytime, if you so choose. It feels great in the hand and it's always fun to study the grain pattern while you use it. Handmade for the win!

Thanks for the mini review :) Glad to hear though reasurement with the wax idea. I was just worried it wouldn't get hot enough, and I don't know how far the dial on the temperature goes. But its not for me so that overall doesn't matter. haha. And yes I see you do own quite a few, very nice collection. :) Opps new alert, gotta go read it now LOL. Thanks again

Top Bottom