Underdog Log Vapes

Vaponly

What, Me Worry?
PSA:
Do not attempt to use the thick 1/8" walled silicone material as heat-shield/grip on your shorty gongs.
http://underdogvapes.com/vape-accessories/vape-stems/silicone-tubing

I cut a few short pieces of silicone and slipped them over the gongs with no problem. They looked really good and were easy to grip when clearing the bubbler. As a bonus they allowed the gong to be used with an 18mm female joint without using an adapter or sacrificing the use of the 14mm joint on the stem.

The next day I noticed what looked like hairs stuck under the silicone. Upon closer inspection I realized they were hairline cracks in the glass. When I tried to remove the silicone sleeves they would not budge and seemed to be fused to the glass. So I had to use an x-acto to cut them off so as not to put any more stress on the glass.

A bummer to be sure, but to be expected when doing SCIENCE! :science:

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
That sux @Vaponly. I have found that a small ring of silicone really helps with pulling out the GonG like below.

yAZBXKHl.jpg

last thing...When should I wax the dog? What exactly does waxing it do?

A light rub down when warm will do your dogs coat wonders. If you have any Ed's stems then clean your fingers off with those so they look just as pretty.

I also suggest getting at least 1 x 18/14mm adapter as all your glass appears to be 18mm & you then double your options for a couple of $$ & can fuck that coke bottle off. You should get much better use out of the shorter clear one that looks like a turbine perc with the UD?

Last edited:

riz0

That sux @Vaponly.
A light rub down when warm will do your dogs coat wonders. If you have any Ed's stems then clean your fingers off with those so they look just as pretty.

I also suggest getting at least 1 x 18/14mm adapter as all your glass appears to be 18mm & you then double your options for a couple of $$ & can fuck that coke bottle off. You should get much better use out of the shorter clear one that looks like a turbine perc with the UD?

I'll rub her down tonight then.
I have an 18 NonG and a 14 GonG. The turbine one does work well with my 18mm Nong but i wanted to make one with the bottle because i was testing which I liked more. I think the FC-187 will be my favorite once it comes in.

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
So my new weapon arrived & I can cloud it up with my NonG's but it is a monster & a 1/2 of a bubbler at a solid 16"! Classic 8 arm twin polished slit perc & stable as fuck means I don't have to lean down as much when ripping a hot one.

WYL8dPs.png

Size comparison to my daily driver that is 12" tall.

68IfAP0.jpg

I'll rub her down tonight then.
I have an 18 NonG and a 14 GonG. The turbine one does work well with my 18mm Nong but i wanted to make one with the bottle because i was testing which I liked more. I think the FC-187 will be my favorite once it comes in.

I think you will like the FC-187 best as well :nod:. Also good selection on stems as well as impeccable taste on owning a Air to round out your vaping experience :2c:. That wood is going to look mighty fine with a nice coating of wax.

CurryLeafTreehugger

It is very efficient, I'm not a gas chromospectro-CSI-Miami machine, so I can't tell you which is more efficient overall. However, for 1 hit extraction the UD is better. They are both very efficient and easy to use.

Looks like somebody's (remove sunglasses for dramatic effect) gone to the Dogs!

So upon learning the proper way to "pack" a stem - which is to say, NOT at all - I decided to give the steel tip in the nylon stem a try again.

WOW!

Using the stem like a straw to fill makes a YUGE difference (seriously, somebody send that man a Dog, he needs to calm down!)

No more burnt herb! No more tough draws! No more having to remove the screen every 3rd hit because it has become clogged!

I'm sure that in addition to the non-packing method of filling (no more "light" tamping!) this is probably due in large part to the fact that the steel tip in the nylon stem has a stop in it so the screen is always in the same place. If I could manage something similar in the glass stems (which I don't seem to be able to do nearly as consistently) that would be great, but I seem to need the extra help from the stop.

I'm now sold on the steel tip in the nylon stem, except for one thing.

I can't SEE what's going on, and without being able to see that, I sometimes end up choking myself. I HATE coughing. It makes me feel like I'm being electrocuted. I get these weird electrical-like shocks because I cough so hard and from so deeply.

So I would REALLY like to avoid that, yet keep the efficiency and the efficacy.

At least I am starting to see some real effects now, finally. I can see differences between the strains. No more Gorilla Glue for me! It makes me incredibly stupid. After just a couple hits (and my one-hitters are usually still two, or even three, in my efforts to avoid the Big Coughowsky) I was staring at my laptop screen thinking to myself, "How the heck do I use the mouse????"

Sez the retired software engineer ... LOL!

Someone was telling me there was a way to hook a steel stem to glass somehow, but I've forgotten what was said and can't find the post again. Does anybody have any ideas for making something similar to the steel tip in the nylon stem, only in a GLASS stem so I can see the vapor?

I swear, its been a long strange trip, but I can see the home station coming up ... LOL!

EDIT: AWWWW! I just read that you aren't putting the crimp in the SS tips anymore! Are there any crimped ones left? I NEEDZ THA CRIMP! Waaaah!

Last edited:

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer

So upon learning the proper way to "pack" a stem - which is to say, NOT at all - I decided to give the steel tip in the nylon stem a try again.

WOW!

Using the stem like a straw to fill makes a YUGE difference (seriously, somebody send that man a Dog, he needs to calm down!)

No more burnt herb! No more tough draws! No more having to remove the screen every 3rd hit because it has become clogged!

I'm sure that in addition to the non-packing method of filling (no more "light" tamping!) this is probably due in large part to the fact that the steel tip in the nylon stem has a stop in it so the screen is always in the same place. If I could manage something similar in the glass stems (which I don't seem to be able to do nearly as consistently) that would be great, but I seem to need the extra help from the stop.

I can't SEE what's going on, and without being able to see that, I sometimes end up choking myself. I HATE coughing. It makes me feel like I'm being electrocuted. I get these weird electrical-like shocks because I cough so hard and from so deeply.

At least I am starting to see some real effects now, finally. I can see differences between the strains. No more Gorilla Glue for me! It makes me incredibly stupid. After just a couple hits (and my one-hitters are usually still two, or even three, in my efforts to avoid the Big Coughowsky) I was staring at my laptop screen thinking to myself, "How the heck do I use the mouse????"

Someone was telling me there was a way to hook a steel stem to glass somehow, but I've forgotten what was said and can't find the post again. Does anybody have any ideas for making something similar to the steel tip in the nylon stem, only in a GLASS stem so I can see the vapor?

I swear, its been a long strange trip, but I can see the home station coming up ... LOL!

EDIT: AWWWW! I just read that you aren't putting the crimp in the SS tips anymore! Are there any crimped ones left? I NEEDZ THA CRIMP! Waaaah!

Sounds like you're starting to master the way of the Dog.. :cool:

We have a small stash of crimped tips left, you can contact Underdogette and she can set you up with some and can even put a glass stem with tip together for you if you don't want to DIY it.

shredder

Am I the only underdog user that does not stir? I'm finding its not really needed. Coming from my ssv and enano, I'm surprised.

I'm also getting really fond of the stainless steel tipped nylon stems. I actually surprised myself by liking them. I've read folks liked them, but I always thought glass rules. Until I used the steel tipped stem that is.

Last edited:

BrotherJoseph

Am I the only underdog user that does not stir? I'm finding its not really needed. Coming from my ssv and enano, I'm surprised.

I'm also getting really fond of the shell tipped nylon stems. I actually surprised myself by liking them. I've read folks liked them, but I always thought glass rules. Until I used the shell tipped stem that is.

I never stir. I only use stainless tips so maybe that's why, but I've always found my avb to be nearly black with a few golden brown flecks around the edges.

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
I never stir. I only use stainless tips so maybe that's why, but I've always found my avb to be nearly black with a few golden brown flecks around the edges.
My dogs run hot, just like I ordered them, and never have to stir - even light/dark brown ABV every time, great flavor, no char... DONE!!!

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
Finding the S/S tips to not need a stir just a single medium pace rip will give me even mid-dark brown ABV & if I am silly I can combust. I tried a dimer switch but don't really see the point as the dog runs about perfect as is & too often I would lower the dial too much having to wait another 5-10 minutes before it was ready.

Hypothetically if you ran a standard core UD for 12 hours a day what would be a reasonable lifespan to expect? Not looking for any firm numbers as there are so many variables more an estimate like 2-3 years or 3-5 years or 6 months if your lucky ;).

I have now spent a good 6 weeks using my dog daily & have worked out my favourite stems to use out of the ones I have. Pretty sure I posted something similar a few weeks ago but this is after further research has been conducted.

I love the standard NonG's & they are easily my favourite option :tup:. Simply the closest I have found to ripping an Aussie cone through out of anything I have tried. Can't seem to get the same joy out of the O/S 18mm NonG though & that leaves me wishing I had ordered a extra standard 18mm NonG.

The glass 14mm GonG shorties are good & you can get a nice big hit out of them but I seem to get most of the goodies on the first big rip & then a thin one after a stir. The thick glass D/D stem is one of my favourites though as it offers some nice flavours & is good for at least 3 good draws. The O/S S/S stem is big & heavy but like the NonG's it would take more than a Mack truck to break.

I have been mixing up my glass with a bunch of testing & need to do more research on the 16" monster. I fear it may be a bit too big & I should have gone with the 12" bub but that was too similar to my Blaze one. Having received some new J hooks yesterday I have some new ways to play with my UD & resurrected a old precooler that never suited any of my bongs. Of course I cracked the J hook along the joint but I was ripping away with this all day yesterday & love it.

vp4Tvgh.jpg

I am also loving my Black Leaf J hook with a small amount of water as a natural perc.

Thinking of putting my UD sticker on my back windscreen. In a city of 4 million people there are probably 20 that would get it & I reckon I am being very generous :rockon:

Sand

Flirting with Combustion

WOW!

With regards to choking yourself, try a small bubbler, like a D-020D or mobius, or an even smaller one, like a D020. When you feel the first tickle/irritation take it off the bubbler and clear. I had this issue with a 12 in grav labs beaker bong I was using before I got my D020 (and now mobius clone). I have a StinG (the name for the shorty gong - stock screen + stainless tip w/silicone), but its 14mm as 18mm gongs aren't available, so I'll have to wait until I get my 18->14 reducer to do comparisons. I tried the NonG vs the StinG in the grav labs 12 in beaker, and for reasons that escape even myself, I like the nylon shorty more than the sting. I think you should try one and let us know how it goes though!

EDIT: I want to add: try slow/medium/fast inhalations, this in conjunction with different size pieces makes a big difference for me. I go faster in the AM, because it's less harsh.

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Finding the S/S tips to not need a stir just a single medium pace rip will give me even mid-dark brown ABV & if I am silly I can combust. I tried a dimer switch but don't really see the point as the dog runs about perfect as is & too often I would lower the dial too much having to wait another 5-10 minutes before it was ready.

Hypothetically if you ran a standard core UD for 12 hours a day what would be a reasonable lifespan to expect? Not looking for any firm numbers as there are so many variables more an estimate like 2-3 years or 3-5 years or 6 months if your lucky ;).

I have now spent a good 6 weeks using my dog daily & have worked out my favourite stems to use out of the ones I have. Pretty sure I posted something similar a few weeks ago but this is after further research has been conducted.

I love the standard NonG's & they are easily my favourite option :tup:. Simply the closest I have found to ripping an Aussie cone through out of anything I have tried. Can't seem to get the same joy out of the O/S 18mm NonG though & that leaves me wishing I had ordered a extra standard 18mm NonG.

The glass 14mm GonG shorties are good & you can get a nice big hit out of them but I seem to get most of the goodies on the first big rip & then a thin one after a stir. The thick glass D/D stem is one of my favourites though as it offers some nice flavours & is good for at least 3 good draws. The O/S S/S stem is big & heavy but like the NonG's it would take more than a Mack truck to break.

I have been mixing up my glass with a bunch of testing & need to do more research on the 16" monster. I fear it may be a bit too big & I should have gone with the 12" bub but that was too similar to my Blaze one. Having received some new J hooks yesterday I have some new ways to play with my UD & resurrected a old precooler that never suited any of my bongs. Of course I cracked the J hook along the joint but I was ripping away with this all day yesterday & love it.

vp4Tvgh.jpg

I am also loving my Black Leaf J hook with a small amount of water as a natural perc.

Thinking of putting my UD sticker on my back windscreen. In a city of 4 million people there are probably 20 that would get it & I reckon I am being very generous :rockon:
That is the best NonG I have ever seen!
One day it would be cool to experience a set up like your!

I'm also getting really fond of the stainless steel tipped nylon stems. I actually surprised myself by liking them. I've read folks liked them, but I always thought glass rules. Until I used the steel tipped stem that is.
Will a NonG fit on a NANO?

Last edited:

Sand

Flirting with Combustion
That is the best NonG I have ever seen!
One day it would be cool to experience a set up like your!

Will a NonG fit on a NANO?
Unfortunately not man. The UD uses an outer sleeve atop its heater core, its like, the nano heater core is male, and the UD heater core is female. I think they also just have different dimensions. Wish I could share some UD stainless 1-hittery with you man!

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Got a Mighty and oh my lord it is sweet. But I haven't forgotten about my little pup! I bought the Tekpower VVPS for it and I like the digital read out. The dial is WAY too sensitive but that's no big deal. I like to run it at 12.9v or 13v and push the screen down a little further from the heater so the herb doesn't scorch. I like big clouds :). I love my UD through a bubbler, UD still the dollar for dollar best vape value out there!

What do you guys run your Tekpower VVPS at?

Top Bottom