Underdog Log Vapes

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Well its been a while since I have had enough time on this forum to post anything. I have had a bunch of movies and pictures sitting on my camera waiting to be uploaded. For now I want to show off the updated dog. Absolutely LOVING the 1/4 inch core over than 3/8. Much larger bowl and I can get thicker hits. Dave really out did himself and hooked it up with a full kit. The unit has been running 24/7 since I got it, around 2 months now I believe. I really like the small size of the unit too, fits nicely in the hand for direct draw and perfectly on top of any glass. The glass mouthpiece works wonders. I like the slight bend from the bowl of silicone but the sturdiness of the glass mouthpiece. Although I would prefer a flat mouth piece over the straight round tube, I cant complain as the piece performs perfect functionality.

Anyways, feel free to ask me any questions about the underdog, Id be happy to answer any and all.

Awesome piece man !
I think 3/8 is larger than 1/4 ? ;)
So do you have the new 1/4 or the 3/8 ?

Abysmal Vapor,

Peloton

Vapes Hard
My VB Mini Hydrator showed up today, and I am very impressed with the quality of it for the price (Still on sale until the end of the month guys!).

Right now I'm using it with the standard glass stem, that I have covered in thin silicone tubing from the bowl all the way to the end. The thin tubing drops right in to make an airtight seal to the 14mm Dewar joint, and is also fairly sturdy because the whole inside of the stem is glass. I just put the dog onto my silicone sheathed stem, and highness ensues :). To clear the piece, all I do is remove my pup. Really liking connecting it this way so far, but I will continue experimenting in the name of science :science:

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
Thanks Gvape glad to hear you're enjoying your Dog again.. for some reason I can't help but hear the 6-Million Dollar Man sound/theme in my head when retrofitting some of these Pups to the newer core. :cool:

@ Peloton - isn't science fun? ;)

It's been a busy and exciting last few days but we're happy to be home and back in the saddle making these Pups that we love to make and that you all love using. With the exciting news out of Zapville we'll be even busier and having even more fun that usual.. and don't be entirely surprised if you see a ZapDog wandering around occasionally.

underdog,

underdog

Manufacturer
Thanks SM, I did enjoy it, thoroughly. I had hoped to maybe be able to get in touch and get together with you for dinner but didn't end up having time.. maybe next time I head that way, or next time you're in California. How are the Pups treating you?

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Dave,
I have found that I need to occasionally replace the thick silicone tubing that holds your wood stem in place with the glass lining (best invention ever, btw). The constant heat seems to loosen it up over time. Can I suggest including some extra thick tubing to chop off and make quick replacements for the stems? You had already sent me a good chunk of said tubing, so I'm good to go. But eventually I'll be needing more and that stuff is only available online in ridiculously large amounts (minimum order I found was over $400).

I cannot recommend the wood stems highly enough. I just think that it would be a good idea to include some extra silicone with them for optimal usage.

Oh, and by the way, I already patented the term "ZapDog" in Rick's thread, so you owe me 12 and a half cents for every time you use it. I'll keep a tally, but you can pay me in ZapDogs, of course. :lol:

:peace:

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I thought about trying to make it down there to visit. I did make it to porland on Saturday. It was quick trip though. I was there for about 30 minutes.

My dogs are treating me well. They have location on my new news desk:

7608151304_284dca5607_z.jpg

The Space Modulator is directly behind the DG tube. It is kind of masked by the tube. I moved the twig over to the table next to my massage chair.... now that was a good move. I have fallen asleep once while vaporizing with the twig and having a massage from the chair.

underdog

Manufacturer
@ Stu thanks for the feedback on the stem dude, that's a good suggestion about including a couple spare pieces of the thick stuff for them.. I'll see about doing that. How much do you think would be a good amount? Given the pretty thin margin on the stems (lots of labor) I might have to raise the price a couple bucks (literally just a couple bucks) though, so given that do you think it'd be worth paying that $2-$3 extra for most people? Also if you want to buy some of the stuff directly let me know and I can give you some links to places with no minimum orders if you want. Thanks for keeping a tally on the ZapDog trademark royalties, I think 12.5 cents is a bit excessive though.. I'm thinking more like 10.2 cents tops, paid of course in ZDs. ;)

@ SM - Ah, well maybe next time we'll manage to meet up.. I was pretty busy the whole time this time so probably for the best. Nice setup, I like the nice clean uncluttered look, not at all like my desk that frequently looks like an hoarders house that got hit with an earthquake lol. Glad to hear the Dogs are treating you well as well.. :tup:

Alright time for this tired Dog to call it quits for the day but first I'll share a couple pics from my recent trips. Both are from the drive home actually and are from the high desert / Sierra Nevada of NorCal at sunset and during fleeting thunderstorm. One sunset and one double rainbow.. purdy stuff.

%2813323%29.jpg

%2813386%29.jpg

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Ah, the great Sierra Nevada. I've run in to it many times through ride reports on avidrider, with a little luck I'll be riding through it myself next summer.

Yup all ladies Dave, no seed in my weed pls :)

We're having a lousy summer though (not counting this week), and I was a little late putting them up so I don't expect to much of a harvest. Still fun watching them grow though :haw:

SliM (the new nick has caught on I see), I already noticed it in one of your Cloud video's yesterday, but since you're putting it up here too I just have to say I really like your vaporizer display in the background :tup:

OhTheAgony,

djonkoman

that pic looks surreal, must be weird to ride trough a landscape like that... or not, if you're used to it. I've only ever saw landscapes like that with brown dominating on pictures, I'm only used to green landscapes, with water(and ugly manmadethings like roads, buildings and streetlights, must be ovey to love somewhere without streetlights)

I amagine it's also ice there at night, I don't see any streetlights or a city, so I imagine the stars must be amazing there

and I'll chme in with a pic of my biggest girl(hopefully, could be a boy too), not much either for this time of year, but the last few days (s)he has really taken off, and (s)he is a small miracle(was a seedling where the stem broke off just above the cotyledons, saved it as a clone, my first clone ever and successfull rooting right away)
dMX85.jpg

underdog

Manufacturer
@ SM - No worries dude I don't mind you bamming the pic up a notch, I didn't have time to do anything to it other than some slight levels adjustments, yours definitely looks nicer. The camera is my trusty and battered old Canon 40D (with a Canon 10-22 lens). What are you using these days?

@ OTA - If you make it over here for some Sierra riding let me know and maybe we can join up. I know lots of nice places for riding and ride-camping. :)

@ djonk - Yeah it's awesome up there in the desert though having grown up in this area I don't really appreciate it as much as people who haven't spent their whole lives around it if that makes sense. I much prefer lush green landscapes to the desert but it does make for nice photos. The night skies up there are incredible though with the nearest light pollution in most places being 50+ miles away. :tup: Way to save your plant dude that's awesome.

Alright off to the shop talk to you all later... :peace:

AdmiralAlpacha

Thought I would post this :p

I have never left my dog on 24/7, I am never in a hurry so figured it was best to let him rest when I am done. However last night I went to bed late and knew I would be up early so I left him going. Boy was it nice to wake up and have it ready to go!

24/7 readiness is just awesome!

AdmiralAlpacha

Don't forget beautiful I don't think that is stressed enough :p

I know of a plethora of products that will get the job done of getting me vaked, however I can't think of another that does it while looking so damn good!

AdmiralAlpacha

Exactly I was so surprised when I got it. I picked a more basic looking dog and the grain is just so deep. I love buttering my dog to bring out the grain all the more.

Ps. the Tasmanian Blackwood dogs looked incredible, if I would have had more money I would have gotten that, I can't imagine what It looks like in person.

AdmiralAlpacha,
It is a beauty! I love blackwood. Unfortunately I scratched it the other day when quickly sitting it under my desk ... it's only a tiny scratch, hardly noticeable to others, but I certainly notice it!!

Haven't buttered my dog yet, might do that tonight.

Rename Rev Ye Us,

AdmiralAlpacha

I have multiple dings in my dog, I am super clumsy I would say I knock it off my desk at least once per sessions, so several times a day XD

I keep telling myself is makes our bond closer, and gives it character. But I can't stop myself from noticing them :p

AdmiralAlpacha,

AdmiralAlpacha

I need one that has something like 4 inch wall thickness so I can sand off a little after once and a while to hide the battle wounds lol

AdmiralAlpacha,
Top Bottom