Underdog Log Vapes

Ripstar

Wait til you see the one I've got in the works where all the holes are filled/inlaid with opal. :evil:

On that note I desperately need an intern, clone of myself or partner to help me as I'm still struggling to tread the waters
of my labor/time supply here.
Oh my god, what a idea! I was thinking when I first saw it how it would be cool to have the holes filled in by something.

Also, I might be willing to move that way......... 😂 For real. ha!

tom battleboar

Wait til you see the one I've got in the works where all the holes are filled/inlaid with opal. :evil:

On that note I desperately need an intern, clone of myself or partner to help me as I'm still struggling to tread the waters
of my labor/time supply here.
Sounds a little like @underdog is on the short leash currently. We need more dogs to assist our big dog.

BotanyBowers

Hey guys! First post
After a bunch of research I’ve found there’s no other choice for my first vape. Can’t wait to order me an alpha! Unfortunately my wife is making me wait until my bday, because I “won’t be as stoked for anything else.”
Does anyone know if there will still be alphas available in 4 or 5 weeks?
Thank y’all!

Trackrat

Our annual Birthday Sale kicks off today as well with discounts from 10-20% and will run thru the end of the month to give everyone a chance at picking up a new Dog and/or some accessories. Thanks for all the patience! :cheers: you might want to show this to your wife.

HighlyEducatedScholar

Student of Vapor
Hey dog pack,

Been a while since I’ve last stopped in here. I’ve had my Underdog for about 10 years now and it seems like it’s on its last leg of life. Had a really great run with it considering I’ve run it 24/7 for the majority of the time I’ve had it.

Now I’m in consideration for a new desktop vape and of course I’m coming back to Underdog. The quality of work and customer service here is still the best ive come across over the past decade.

I haven’t been keeping up with the vape scene or the happenings of the Underdog world in quite some time but I see that there’s this new model, Alpha dog, that has caught my eye.

Are these dogs essentially for larger bowl sizes? I’m assuming less cool down between hits and probably run a bit hotter? I’m envisioning that they’re better suited for water than the standards. Also, I see that there is a handful of them on the website. Are these stocked regularly or should I email to talk about a custom Alpha dog?

Last edited:

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
Hey dog pack,

Been a while since I’ve last stopped in here. I’ve had my Underdog for about 10 years now and it seems like it’s on its last leg of life. Had a really great run with it considering I’ve run it 24/7 for the majority of the time I’ve had it.

Now I’m in consideration for a new desktop vape and of course I’m coming back to Underdog. The quality of work and customer service here is still the best over come across over the past decade.

I haven’t been keeping up with the vape scene or the happenings of the Underdog world in quite some time but I see that there’s this new model, Alpha dog, that has caught my eye.

Are these dogs essentially for larger bowl sizes? I’m assuming less cool down between hits and probably run a bit hotter? I’m envisioning that they’re better suited for water than the standards. Also, I see that there is a handful of them on the website. Are these stocked regularly or should I email to talk about a custom Alpha dog?

I seriously doubt you'll be disappointed with the Alpha. I had been using mine for a while dry, and FINALLY got around to getting myself a proper 18mm water piece, and I'm seeing a whole new side to the Alpha. I was really impressed with the Alpha dry, but I really love it with water. It's a beast. Going dry I always kept the stem straight up for the first hit, and as a result had to tilt my head all the way back to get the UD on it. It felt like a pelican trying to suck down a fish

Larger bowl sizes and more heat retention over the standard (SC3 I believe it is now). I dont think they run "hotter" but they retain it better. Then there is the Alpha + floating around too, I could be wrong but I believe the selling point on that is more cooling and even less recovery time?

You're probably better off ordering one you see in the store now, Dave has been pretty busy lately and hasn't been re-stocking so often. I'm not sure he would even have time for a custom right now, based on his recent postings, but no way to know that unless you ask him directly!

HighlyEducatedScholar

Student of Vapor
I seriously doubt you'll be disappointed with the Alpha. I had been using mine for a while dry, and FINALLY got around to getting myself a proper 18mm water piece, and I'm seeing a whole new side to the Alpha. I was really impressed with the Alpha dry, but I really love it with water. It's a beast. Going dry I always kept the stem straight up for the first hit, and as a result had to tilt my head all the way back to get the UD on it. It felt like a pelican trying to suck down a fish

Larger bowl sizes and more heat retention over the standard (SC3 I believe it is now). I dont think they run "hotter" but they retain it better. Then there is the Alpha + floating around too, I could be wrong but I believe the selling point on that is more cooling and even less recovery time?

You're probably better off ordering one you see in the store now, Dave has been pretty busy lately and hasn't been re-stocking so often. I'm not sure he would even have time for a custom right now, based on his recent postings, but no way to know that unless you ask him directly!

thank you for the insight and fast reply!

Just pulled the trigger on the Zap myrtle Alpha dog! Can’t believe that badass dog was still waiting to be adopted. Wood from Aromazap and a core by UD sounds absolutely perfect. What a awesome combo of 2 OGs in the log vape world🤘

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
thank you for the insight and fast reply!

Just pulled the trigger on the Zap myrtle Alpha dog! Can’t believe that badass dog was still waiting to be adopted. Wood from Aromazap and a core by UD sounds absolutely perfect. What a awesome combo of 2 OGs in the log vape world🤘

excellent choice! This is my new favorite way to use the alpha, gotta try it with the NonG still but this is going to be hard to beat.

thoroughly impressed with this set up.

B9-CC6-F47-46-EE-4744-9144-3502754-C7464.jpg

Vapenvy

Indie vaper
Bummer. But you can save it if you want. I have sanded down 2 different Nano stems that broke like that..

I score the glass all way around at the break with the corner of a file.

Then I carefully use pliers to break off the jagged bits . Definitely wear glasses.

Then 80 grit sandpaper flat on the floor and grind it down until flat. About 5-10 minutes of sanding usually. Glasses and mask recommended.

Then you can grind on different angles to smooth it.
Also fold the sandpaper into little triangles to smooth the inside.

You can go to finer grades to make it smoother but I don't bother.

The glass is a little white instead of clear but works just the same.

Or try flame polishing if you have a big enough torch.

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
Bummer. But you can save it if you want. I have sanded down 2 different Nano stems that broke like that..

I score the glass all way around at the break with the corner of a file.

Then I carefully use pliers to break off the jagged bits . Definitely wear glasses.

Then 80 grit sandpaper flat on the floor and grind it down until flat. About 5-10 minutes of sanding usually. Glasses and mask recommended.

Then you can grind on different angles to smooth it.
Also fold the sandpaper into little triangles to smooth the inside.

You can go to finer grades to make it smoother but I don't bother.

The glass is a little white instead of clear but works just the same.

Or try flame polishing if you have a big enough torch.

I appreciate the tips! Good to know for somebody more talented than myself, thats for sure.

I took the easy way out and just ordered (2) more gongs

Vapenvy

Indie vaper
Ha ha. Thanks. Although you don't need too much talent, just some simple tools...

I too would likely just order more but when international postage is often more than the item-sometimes 2 or 3 times the amount- you become adept at repairing, tinkering and finding workarounds.

Bye the way this is for all postage and shipping at the moment, not about any manufacturer just in case that wasn't clear.

BrianTL

Westchester, NY

To top it off, I thought I ordered two replacements... one showed up. I was like hmm... Dave will make this right I'm sure, but I better check my order confirmation to be sure, before I jump the gun...

Sure enough I only ordered one :lol: I'll have to be more careful I guess

Oh well. The NonG did me no wrong while I waited for the GonG.

Top Bottom