Underdog Log Vapes

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
The fire, then the move and then 2020 all kind of knocked us off of any regular schedule but I think we're finally finding our new rhythm with refreshes and are hoping to drop new pieces every other Friday evening.. should have a dozen new ones up this week. :cheers:
👀👀 Thanks for the info I’ll be on the lookout.
once again I’m glad you guys we’re able to pick back up and didn’t let all those bad occurrences stop you!

ProfessionalHandJob

"A handjob is still a job, okay?"
I like the Lift Innovations Grinder out of Canada.. they aren't cheap but they're amazing. The 4 piece with accessories has (iirc) 3 grinding plate and you use those to choose the grind size. I like these things so much we are talking about carrying them on the website at some point. :cheers:

As I just recieved my Lift Innovations grinder and am in love with it, and it took almost two full months to get to me from Canada (two attempts, first one was returned to sender after making it to my local post office).... If you carried them in the US that'd be awesome!

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
As I just recieved my Lift Innovations grinder and am in love with it, and it took almost two full months to get to me from Canada (two attempts, first one was returned to sender after making it to my local post office).... If you carried them in the US that'd be awesome!

Cool thanks for the input.. we love them too and are still looking at the possibility of carrying them. Could you tell us which model you bought? That's part of our holdup, trying to decide which model(s) would be most popular. :cheers:

NimChimpsky

Cool thanks for the input.. we love them too and are still looking at the possibility of carrying them. Could you tell us which model you bought? That's part of our holdup, trying to decide which model(s) would be most popular. :cheers:
I'd def puchase a 3 pc if you guys carried them. I'm not big on keif catchers :2c:

NimChimpsky,
Reactions: arb

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
Half the store yolo.

Jobillo, Cocobolo, Bubinga, Black and White Ebony, Vintage Multiwood, Paradise Ca, Citrus Alpha, Jatoba, Red Heart Lost Dog Sc3+. I used to turn wood in high school this is top notch work and smell brings me back to high school.
Nice haul my friend.. nice haul. :cheers: :rockon:
boom.jpg

I'd def puchase a 3 pc if you guys carried them. I'm not big on keif catchers :2c:
Thanks Nim!

I bought the 4 piece one with accessories
Cool thanks for the info we appreciate it!

CurryLeafTreehugger

I was also attracted to the Lift, but ultimately chose to go with the large size of the Brilliant Cut Grinder. Because I anticipate problems with all the parts of the Lift, I'm not that handy any more. The BCG is a simpler design, plus it comes in gorgeous jewel tones. Now I wouldn't choose it JUST for the gorgeous jewel tones, but it sure doesn't hurt any.

Not that it matters, given they're both native to Canada, come in postal mail, and I can't get postal mail LOL!

I don't care for kief catchers either. I just want my kief to stay in the weed and I'll get to it. I just cut the kief screen out of my Golden Gate grinder after like 6 years of not doing anything with the kief except dumping it back on top of my weed, LOL!

CurryLeafTreehugger

Ive been working to dial in my new AlphaDog whenever I get a spare moment, and attached is the best AVB i am able to get, there is still a good bit of unvaped green- is this just normal? was not expecting this from a heavy with such a high price tag.

So I've had a lot of problems with uneven ABV until I finally figured out, I had the power supply turned up too high. So it was overcooking the center really fast and not giving the stuff around the edges much of a toasting at all.

Try REDUCING the heat. Currently mine is on 10.8V and I am now getting almost perfectly evenly toasted ABV. I do go ahead and stir it once more anyway because even toasted right and proper, there is still stuff in there. Its mostly the stuff that puts you to sleep, actually. But I am really close to managing a perfect one-hit with my SC2.

I will also say, that looks like a lotta herb, but the Alpha has a significantly larger bowl so until my Alpha arrives (due tomorrow night) and I can see for myself how much material should go in there, I will just say I wonder if you might also be overloading it.

The actual setting on your VVPS will vary with the strain, its level of humidity, and the actual voltage supplied by your power company (it varies mostly in the range of 110V to 120V, sometimes lower because Our Infrastructure Sucks). I have found my herb vapes way better when it is properly hydrated (I use 62% Boveda paks). I live in a desert so ... YMMV. I don't know why, but I have to turn the heat way up to vape overly dry herb - and that's usually my best indication that I haven't swapped Boveda paks in awhile, LOL!

Anyone use nugs in the Alpha's instead of grinding? Probably a question for stickstones lol.

I don't have the Alpha yet, but I used to vape unground shake - actual shake, not preground into flour, so small bits including a fair amount of microbud - directly in my standard size SC2 and it vaped great. I'm leaning toward the coarse grind from the BCG. They also made a "chunky" prototype for the smaller size BCG but not the larger size, which is the one I want. IF they had a "chunky" for the larger grinder, I'd go for the 3 ring set including medium, coarse, and chunky, but since the chunky doesn't exist, I'll probably just get a coarse plate and not bother with the medium. The coarse seems to throw way fewer tiny bits that would tend to clog when you draw.

Atomic11

So I've had a lot of problems with uneven ABV until I finally figured out, I had the power supply turned up too high. So it was overcooking the center really fast and not giving the stuff around the edges much of a toasting at all.

Try REDUCING the heat. Currently mine is on 10.8V and I am now getting almost perfectly evenly toasted ABV. I do go ahead and stir it once more anyway because even toasted right and proper, there is still stuff in there. Its mostly the stuff that puts you to sleep, actually. But I am really close to managing a perfect one-hit with my SC2.

I will also say, that looks like a lotta herb, but the Alpha has a significantly larger bowl so until my Alpha arrives (due tomorrow night) and I can see for myself how much material should go in there, I will just say I wonder if you might also be overloading it.

The actual setting on your VVPS will vary with the strain, its level of humidity, and the actual voltage supplied by your power company (it varies mostly in the range of 110V to 120V, sometimes lower because Our Infrastructure Sucks). I have found my herb vapes way better when it is properly hydrated (I use 62% Boveda paks). I live in a desert so ... YMMV. I don't know why, but I have to turn the heat way up to vape overly dry herb - and that's usually my best indication that I haven't swapped Boveda paks in awhile, LOL!
I understand what you’re saying, and thought it was that too- so dropped temperatures, winded back up at 12.4 after a bunch of unsatisfying sessions with slow inhales, feel like the alpha is definitely less efficient/different then the Sc2, 10.8 would yeild very minimal vapor on my alphadog , even with a snail paced inhale. Right now in 12.4 im getting fairly good results, just wish i could get that last little bit of green without scorching.

CurryLeafTreehugger

I understand what you’re saying, and thought it was that too- so dropped temperatures, winded back up at 12.4 after a bunch of unsatisfying sessions with slow inhales, feel like the alpha is definitely less efficient/different then the Sc2, 10.8 would yeild very minimal vapor on my alphadog , even with a snail paced inhale. Right now in 12.4 im getting fairly good results, just wish i could get that last little bit of green without scorching.

So, what part of the country do you live in? Because it sure sounds like your herb is acting like my herb when its too dry. Also, inside houses is pretty much desert-ish these days so ... especially with the heat on it may be too dry anyway regardless of what relative humidity is outside.

Do you still have your SC2, and if so, how is the same herb vaping in that? (If you've tried it) Although the bowl size may make it act a bit differently so ... it wouldn't surprise me if the settings for the alpha don't match an SC2.

I'll let Underdog weigh in on details of what might be going on with the vape itself, but your alpha should not be acting like that, all things considered, not if your herb is hydrated OK anyway.

CurryLeafTreehugger,

Atomic11

So, what part of the country do you live in? Because it sure sounds like your herb is acting like my herb when its too dry. Also, inside houses is pretty much desert-ish these days so ... especially with the heat on it may be too dry anyway regardless of what relative humidity is outside.

Do you still have your SC2, and if so, how is the same herb vaping in that? (If you've tried it) Although the bowl size may make it act a bit differently so ... it wouldn't surprise me if the settings for the alpha don't match an SC2.

I'll let Underdog weigh in on details of what might be going on with the vape itself, but your alpha should not be acting like that, all things considered, not if your herb is hydrated OK anyway.
to claify this is my first dog, people were saying it made them put their flowerpots away, and i don't like the flowerpots exposed design so i opted for this. the results aren’t what I expected but they are still good.

it could be the bud but not sure how weather is affecting my bud considering i never pregrind and my bud is always in airtight, with integra packs.

CurryLeafTreehugger

to claify this is my first dog, people were saying it made them put their flowerpots away, and i don't like the flowerpots exposed design so i opted for this. the results aren’t what I expected but they are still good.

it could be the bud but not sure how weather is affecting my bud considering i never pregrind and my bud is always in airtight, with integra packs.

OK I have limited experience with integra paks but the two that I DO have - they came with some dispensary weed - do seem to recharge ok like the Bovedas. But it can take several days for them to recharge. With the Boveda's, I recharge once every couple of weeks - I put a recently charged pak in, take the used one out, and recharge it for a few days, then store it with my spare Boveda's. I usually try to recharge replacement paks at least overnight before making the swap but not always.

I've been doing much the same with the Integras and they do seem to recharge. I would suggest trying it with a fresh pak or freshly recharged pak. I am, however, less certain of the efficacy of recharging an Integra Boost pak compared to a Boveda. Also, is it 62%?

If it IS a problem with hydration, it'll take several days to rehydrate. It'll go faster with a fresh pack and a small amount in the smallest container you can fit the pak in. Pregrinding it will make it even faster, which should be ok if you only grind a small amount, unless its powder dry - and I'm sure you would notice that already if that were the case.

I have no idea what a Flowerpot vape looks like, guess I'll go google that LOL!

I keep my bud in airtight containers, but unless they are vaccuum sealed, they're not REALLY air tight, just pretty air tight. There are really really air tight bud jars but they are also really really expensive LOL!

CurryLeafTreehugger,

arb

Semi shaved ape

Looking at the second pic in your link the temp is too high or your sucking to slow.
How much are you loading if you load too much especially with a fine grind it works against you......kind of looks like that second pics also.
🙃

Atomic11

So today is the Ides of March, and you know what they say about that! Today I got solicited for sex on my cycling forum and solicited on here for an illegal weed sale.

'Ware the Ides of March!
Did I accidentally solicit you for mmj? didnt mean too! sorry if my words were misunderstood- not my forte

Atomic11,
  • Haha

CurryLeafTreehugger

Did I accidentally solicit you for mmj? didnt mean too! sorry if my words were misunderstood- not my forte

NOPE! This was in a PM sent from a new account by someone mysteriously claiming to know me (because I am one of a "select few") who clearly does NOT know me AT ALL because whenever I have posted about illegal sales it is ALWAYS from the point of view that I Do Not Do That Ever.

Also I am IN a legal state, so why would I do that?

Nope. Not you, unless you have another fake account here, LOL!

Atomic11

NOPE! This was in a PM sent from a new account by someone mysteriously claiming to know me (because I am one of a "select few") who clearly does NOT know me AT ALL because whenever I have posted about illegal sales it is ALWAYS from the point of view that I Do Not Do That Ever.

Also I am IN a legal state, so why would I do that?

Nope. Not you, unless you have another fake account here, LOL!
Oh okay, thanks for clearing up my confusion lol- that is definitely pretty weird- but its happened to me a few times too, especially on reddit. Have a good night!

Atomic11,
Reactions: BeeSawd

GoldenBud

Ive been working to dial in my new AlphaDog whenever I get a spare moment, and attached is the best AVB i am able to get, there is still a good bit of unvaped green- is this just normal? was not expecting this from a heavy with such a high price tag.

it's 100% spent. these green parts lost all trichomes/terpenes (i think)

CurryLeafTreehugger

Lol that happened to me a few months ago on Reddit
I swear, I've been on the internet since it was still the Arpanet and you needed security clearance to be on it at all, LOL!

And this is the first time I've been solicited for sex AND the first time I've ever been offered anonymous illegal weed. Spam doesn't count, that's not even remotely targeted.

Not even on Reddit.

CurryLeafTreehugger,
Reactions: Sour Dream

Atomic11

@Atomic11
Are you stirring? that second pic looks like maybe you aren't stirring?
Are you using a glass or metal bowl?
I am stiring after every hit. Ive found the nong has to be emptied out and stirred for consistent avb, green likes to hide near the screen- but it gets totally cooked on top, It’s definitely not spent- Probably just a poor photo. Ill post some more photos after work.

Atomic11,
Top Bottom