Underdog Log Vapes

Ripstar

@underdog do you happen to have a view that shows the whole multiple views of the multi wood? Only asking to see how beautiful it is. I want them all... 🙏

Ripstar,
  • Love
Reactions: arb

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
@underdog do you happen to have a view that shows the whole multiple views of the multi wood? Only asking to see how beautiful it is. I want them all... 🙏

Hows this?

Fun fact - these blanks are from 10+ years ago when we first started making vapes. We somehow lost a box of them in a move way back then and just found them a while back. We have a handful left and are going to be working them into upcoming refreshes. :cool:

MultiWood360.jpg

Ripstar

Hows this?

Fun fact - these blanks are from 10+ years ago when we first started making vapes. We somehow lost a box of them in a move way back then and just found them a while back. We have a handful left and are going to be working them into upcoming refreshes. :cool:

MultiWood360.jpg
That is simply amazing! The story adds that much more. The shape makes every piece have it's own identity. 🤤

arb

Semi shaved ape
That is simply amazing! The story adds that much more. The shape makes every piece have it's own identity. 🤤
The issue with these damn things is the individual uniqueness.
I actually made Mrs.arb say I should get JUST one more........lolz
I don't know if that grapefruit twig is the one more in her mind but I do know in mines.........it means one in afzelia after that one.
😆
Can't count something that's already done as one more me thinks.

GraniteState420

Just posted up a little vape refresh on the website.. only a dozen or so new pieces but half are Alphas. Enjoy!

Alpha Headies, Alpha Direct Draw Nylon and standard Alpha 18mm NonGs (not the giant oversize ones) should be available
sometime this coming week. :cheers:

I think these are my favorites this week: Dyer Oak Alpha, Myrtle Alpha, Paradise Fire Citrus Alpha and an Ailanthus SC3+
Feb7VapeTeaser.jpg
😲

GraniteState420,
Reactions: arb

SquirrelMaster

Underdog sez he's putting more up this weekend. I'm checking every day.

There's a beautiful Big Leaf Maple Burl still available, but its not an alpha. I want that! But an alpha. Or some kind of whirly-burly wood at least.

As for grinders, NO NEW GRINDER FOR ME! Both grinders I want are Canadian and come via post. I can't get US mail, haven't been able to get mail for 4 or 5 years now. Dang it!
@underdog has been hunting for a burl block for an Alpha for my custom order that started in October so you'll need to be patient if you want a big burly block. Good things come to those who wait though right?

underdog

Manufacturer
Heya Dogs - a quick shop update...

This weeks Alpha drop is going to be pushed back to next week at best.. I messed up and miscounted the Alpha glass inventory so don't have any stems until more come in. Sorry to those of you who were excitedly waiting.

On the bright side that'll give me a little time to take my haphazard Alpha production process offline and rework it so we can start putting larger numbers of them out. This will also give me time to build out some Alpha DD Nylon and Alpha ID NonGs so those should be available again by the time we get some glass in.

In the meantime we'll be catching up on some SC3 and SC3+ inventory for you peeps who don't want or need an Alpha.

:cheers:

Is it possible to use the normal stems in an alpha?

No, with very few exceptions no normal stuff works with the Alpha.. if it doesn't say Alpha in the item title or description on the website then it won't work with them. That includes stems, aroma cups and screen packs which people keep order with Alphas and we keep having to refund. Just a friendly public service announcement.. :2c::peace:

oooweee, like a dog balancing some dogs...;)

Ohhhh yasss. I don't think those are even on the site yet either.. so many things to do, so little time. :ko:

@underdog has been hunting for a burl block for an Alpha for my custom order that started in October so you'll need to be patient if you want a big burly block. Good things come to those who wait though right?

Yeah the exotic wood market is off the rails right now unless a person is super lucky or had pre-covid agreements with suppliers already in place. I've never seen things like this.. hopefully not the new normal going forward.

SquirrelMaster

Yeah the exotic wood market is off the rails right now unless a person is super lucky or had pre-covid agreements with suppliers already in place. I've never seen things like this.. hopefully not the new normal going forward.

That seems to be the case across so many industries and I agree, I hope things go back to normal sooner rather than later.

underdog

Manufacturer

Cleanfiend

Anxiously awaiting a an SC3 dog - My first! Question for those that have been around a few longs: will my beloved purple days stems be compatible with the SC3 US core?

underdog

Manufacturer
Anxiously awaiting a an SC3 dog - My first! Question for those that have been around a few longs: will my beloved purple days stems be compatible with the SC3 US core?

Are you waiting for a custom already in the que or for a refresh with new pieces on the website?

Asking because I'm going to try and get a small (non-Alpha) refresh pushed thru tomorrow with a handful of SC3/SC3+ pieces but I'm really pushing things here and if anything goes wrong it's gonna wreck the schedule.. if that is the case the refresh will be pushed back a few more days or until Underdogette has the time to get the site updated.

RE: the PD stems - they'll be too small to rest properly in the core (by a tiny amount) and instead of sitting on the stem-stop they'll probably rest on the top of the core screen so you'd want to be careful not to damage or push that screen down. The airflow might also be a little messed up but not sure.. there are fixes to all of this like putting a bit of silicone tube on the PD stem tip to act as a stop so they don't hit the screen and to stop/reduce air leakage around the too-small stem. :2c: :cheers:

octeris

My Underdog of 8 years has finally stopped working. :(

I got this unit way back in December 2012/January 2013 (Mahogany 13915) and it has been a daily driver ever since. About a month or two ago the heating cartridge would stop working without any obvious cause. Eventually it would start working again for a week or so before dying again.

Looks like that pattern is finally over and the vape is truly done for. The heating core seems to be quite loose in the wood, and so I think the electrical connection has been severed somehow.

Would someone be kind enough to catch me up on some of the changes to the newer models vs. the old models? I think mine is a classic core, and I see there have been many core iterations since then. Is SC3/SC3+ the newest and best? What is the difference between the SC3 and the SC3+?

I am also curious about how often new vapes are stocked? It seems that right now there is only one custom vape available, and a 'batch-made' walnut vape?

Any additional information anyone can offer would be really helpful. Missing my dog already and thinking a new model might be the right choice.

underdog

Manufacturer
Any ETA on the Nylon Alpha Direct Draw?

We just put them up on the website a few minutes ago.. the Alpha Heady Stems are up too. :cheers:

Alpha Nylon Direct Draw
Alpha 18/19 NonG
Alpha Hybrid Nylon Direct Draw
Alpha Hybrid 18/19 NonG

Alpha Heady Stems

The Hybrid versions works with the Alpha (fits inside the port) and SC series vapes (fits around the port).

The non-Hybrid versions only work with the Alpha and fit inside the port.

We have also updated the Formed Screens Page with all our current offerings including screens for Alpha Glass. The above stems (all Alpha Nylon/NonG stems, hybrid and non) use the 'Large' screens which also go with the normal SC series Glass Direct Draw and GonG stems.

My Underdog of 8 years has finally stopped working. :(

I got this unit way back in December 2012/January 2013 (Mahogany 13915) and it has been a daily driver ever since. About a month or two ago the heating cartridge would stop working without any obvious cause. Eventually it would start working again for a week or so before dying again.

Looks like that pattern is finally over and the vape is truly done for. The heating core seems to be quite loose in the wood, and so I think the electrical connection has been severed somehow.

Would someone be kind enough to catch me up on some of the changes to the newer models vs. the old models? I think mine is a classic core, and I see there have been many core iterations since then. Is SC3/SC3+ the newest and best? What is the difference between the SC3 and the SC3+?

I am also curious about how often new vapes are stocked? It seems that right now there is only one custom vape available, and a 'batch-made' walnut vape?

Any additional information anyone can offer would be really helpful. Missing my dog already and thinking a new model might be the right choice.

Ah bummer but it sounds like it had a good run at least!

I was working on a refresh that we'd hoped to get posted today but I got way behind schedule so it'll be pushed back to the end of the week. There should be a bunch of regular SC3 and SC3+ models in that refresh in a variety of shapes, sizes and species. I'll probably post some spoilers here and instagram as I get them finished too.

The SC3/SC3+ are the current generation and are only a few months old. Improvements over previous generation cores are reduced mass overall with localized increases in mass at key spots, faster heat up times, less heat conduction to the wooden body, custom made stainless heating cartridges and a fully welded core for even longer lifespan and durability.

The SC3+ (as compared to the regular SC3) has a double length air path which increases performance by doubling the length/time the air has to soak up heat and by increasing mass in key spots to reduce the temp drop caused by a big hit. This makes it a better choice for users who like to take big hits back to back as it'll maintain heat better for that use.

The SC3 is our recommendation for 1-2 users who don't mind waiting 30 seconds between big hits for the heat to recover.

The SC3+ is our recommendation for users who want a bit more performance and/or to lessen that wait time.

CurryLeafTreehugger

No worries, dude, UD and UDette wouldn't let me cut in line even if I tried. I have to wait 6 months just to get on the WAITING list for a custom Alpha, LOL!

:bigleaf:+Underdog.jpg ;pd; + 🫁 = 😸

Sick Cartoon GIF by FRENEMY
+ 🌍 = 🚫🌳

🚫🌳= 🚫Underdog.jpg;pd;

🚫Underdog.jpg;pd; = 🚫😸 = 🙀

:bang:

Last edited:
Top Bottom