Underdog Log Vapes

NickDlow

Log Hog
Speaking of loving our UDs, I have a question for you guys. :hmm:

I have a thermovape Cera that has a 2.1mm plug for the AC and for a car charger, which has a car plug on one side and a 2.1mm barrel plug on the other.

Is it safe to use this car charger plugged directly (or with a dimmer) into my UD or mini D?

I hope so it would be awesome but I don't want to try it and fry it...:cuss:

Has or does anybody use a car charger to barrel plug with their dogs?

WS06CGw.jpg

@Vape Dr. this is a proper road Dog set up. (Vvps pops in the glove box, I'm just showing it) Or at least IMO. Honestly it's my favorite place to use my pup. My Dog loves keeping me company on my long aimless drives.

Vape Dr.

@NickDlow That is awesome!
I have Jordan making me a single, dual, and battery pack voltage keeper!

I was curious if the straight 12V plug would work, I guess it could because you could use a jumper box or a car battery if I'm correct. I read that somewhere.

That glass is beautiful dude! Is that a Joda piece?

Thanks for the pic!:tup:

NickDlow

Log Hog
@NickDlow That is awesome!
I have Jordan making me a single, dual, and battery pack voltage keeper!

I was curious if the straight 12V plug would work, I guess it could because you could use a jumper box or a car battery if I'm correct. I read that somewhere.

That glass is beautiful dude! Is that a Joda piece?

Thanks for the pic!:tup:

No, that Sherlock is from a dude on Instagram. WoodChuckGlass, he has great pieces at great prices.

That's one hell of a VK order my man. Basically that's my line up.

But as someone else said the car (mine) voltage at idle goes from 11 to 13+ while driving. I switched my vvps to the pass through mode and that's what it read.

Last edited:

dac13

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
Hey I was looking for a battery pack for my underdog and I wanted to make sure I got the right thing, It seems they don't have any for sale right now on Underdog's website.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Would these two both work?

http://www.amazon.com/XTPower-MP-10...1457720314&sr=1-17&keywords=12+v+battery+pack

http://www.amazon.com/Talentcell-Re...1457720314&sr=1-12&keywords=12+v+battery+pack

Both of those would work BUT only have 12v output (+ 9v on the first one) instead of a variable output. So they'd work but only at a fixed temperature. That'd be a deal breaker for me for a battery pack but your needs may vary.

I think we're going to get more of the ones we carry in but it'll be a few weeks.

YungLeaner

My underdog has actually become my car vape! I don't like to get too vaked before I drive, but I do once I arrive at my destination, and if it's over 10 minutes then the underdog is ready to milk my bubbler! The 10-20 degree bump I get from car usage is perfect for me, and I can just blow spent stems out the window. It's really ideal, and very low-key.

underdog

Manufacturer
Hey Dogs - on the subject of battery packs it looks like the Qidian model we've been recommending this past year or so has been discontinued. Unfortunately we haven't been able to find out whether it's being updated, replaced or what so we probably won't be getting more in after all.

There are still some in stock at FastTech though so if you've wanted one I suggest ordering one before they're all gone. https://www.fasttech.com/products/1424/10004461/1457402-qidian-3a-4-18650-diy-power-bank-battery

They don't come with batteries, we usually buy the genuine Panasonic ones on Amazon.

dac13

Hey Dogs - on the subject of battery packs it looks like the Qidian model we've been recommending this past year or so has been discontinued. Unfortunately we haven't been able to find out whether it's being updated, replaced or what so we probably won't be getting more in after all.

There are still some in stock at FastTech though so if you've wanted one I suggest ordering one before they're all gone. https://www.fasttech.com/products/1424/10004461/1457402-qidian-3a-4-18650-diy-power-bank-battery

They don't come with batteries, we usually buy the genuine Panasonic ones on Amazon.

Thanks for the link, I would much rather have the variable voltage.

Are these the batteries you recommend for that battery pack? 18650 - 3400mAh

http://www.amazon.com/NCR18650B-Rec...id=1457737668&sr=8-2&keywords=18650+panasonic

Commander Cody

Amazon has what may be a new battery pack by Qidian. http://www.amazon.com/185-TY-Portab...=1457737477&sr=8-3&keywords=Qidian+power+pack Good news is it will hold 5 18650 batteries Bad news is it is limited in output choices. 5, 9, 12, or 13 volts. If your sweet spot is between 12 and 13 you may be able to fine tune with shorter or longer extension cords to dial in your preferred temp
Looked again and one of the pictures that shows functions has a note that it goes up/down in .5 increments

Last edited:

Commander Cody

Even the flat top ones?
Somebody jump in here if I am wrong. it is my understanding that unprotected cells have flat tops. The battery pack that has been recommended here in the past and the newer model I linked to both use unprotected cells. The 18650 batteries that have bumps on the top and are slightly longer are that way because protection is built into that added space.

peaceonearth

high since 1968
So despite being more of a cat person, and after numerous failed attempts at replacing my MFLB's one-hit rips - including buying/selling Haze, Ascent & Firefly, waiting 8 months then canceling GH pre-order, now on my 5th month of awaiting Zion...

I decided it was time to get a dog. And now so very glad I did, because my tulip-poplar aircore arrived yesterday and it was puppy-love at first sight :love: and first hit :spliff:. But that second hit, wolf!!!! :oBillowing cumulus clouds. And after 3 ss-tipped stems :ko: I was more elevated than I've been in a very long time (well other than the cannabutter I overdid a couple weeks ago yikes). Those 3 stems totaling .15g easily got me more medicated than 2 MFLB trenches totaling .5g - making the dog thrice as efficient. Plus it's so much more fun! Oh and so beautiful, what lovely workmanship. Even like how the body gets just the right amount of warmth to make it a perfect hand-warmer.

But the power - was hoping for a hot pup, and I certainly got it - full blast charred my herb, to my delight. I hadn't expected to have to use the dimmer to tame it but this doggy is ferocious. Still dialing it back little by little to find my sweet spot. Someday will get a VVPS but for now dimmer is working fine for my purposes, including keeping it at ~ 50% between sessions, and aromatherapy (mixed some clove oil with vanilla with the beeswax that @underdoggette was so kind to include. Which reminds me to mention the awesome CS, thank you so much Amanda you rock! :tup:

I will get a hold of Ed's Tnt regarding a wood stem with ss tip, don't see them on his site.

Might order a Qidian so I can take my pup for a walk.

Thanks y'all for the great info in this thread that led me to the decision that led me to discover the joys of doggyness :rockon:

:peace:

Last edited:

Commander Cody

Earlier I posted a link to a Qidian battery pack offered on Amazon. Looks like the upgrade to the model that so many folks have used. If you go to Amazon, you will have the choice of either black or white. Please note the black model is $17.99. The white model is $12 more. I ordered a black one. And...It HAS A FLASHLIGHT!

GTAVaper

Somebody jump in here if I am wrong. it is my understanding that unprotected cells have flat tops. The battery pack that has been recommended here in the past and the newer model I linked to both use unprotected cells. The 18650 batteries that have bumps on the top and are slightly longer are that way because protection is built into that added space.

There are also unprotected button tops as well but I don't think that I've seen a flattop that was protected. But then again most of my batteries are button top because I use them all almost exclusively for flashlights......so I don't know the "definitive" answer......but have used unprotected button top (IMR's) in lights

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
I just cleaned all my UD stems & once they are dry I will be replacing all the screens with fresh ones for the festivities this afternoon & evening. This time round I marked the screen position on my dowels! One thing I noticed is my HD S/S stem has a considerably coarser screen than say the 14mm GonG screen. Could just be a batch difference between screens but it is interesting to note.

Funny to see how many people take their dogs for walks & drives round these parts. My dog is strictly a house dog & does not even go outside. Is that like animal abuse or something?

Anyone know is @Ed's TnT will be getting some UD stems in his store? I could really use a black walnut stem but I would be happy with any Ed's TNT stem.

Madcap79

Jack of all trades, master of none.
I just cleaned all my UD stems & once they are dry I will be replacing all the screens with fresh ones for the festivities this afternoon & evening. This time round I marked the screen position on my dowels! One thing I noticed is my HD S/S stem has a considerably coarser screen than say the 14mm GonG screen. Could just be a batch difference between screens but it is interesting to note.

Funny to see how many people take their dogs for walks & drives round these parts. My dog is strictly a house dog & does not even go outside. Is that like animal abuse or something?

Anyone know is @Ed's TnT will be getting some UD stems in his store? I could really use a black walnut stem but I would be happy with any Ed's TNT stem.
Shoot him a PM. I'm sure he could help you out.

Edit: @peaceonearth
Welcome to the pack!:wave:

Last edited:

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
I know I can always PM Ed but doing things like that ends up causing me to spend more than I intend to :). I just recall Ed mentioning something about starting to test out UD stems & he was also posting about walnut. Then again I am often intoxicated when on FC so who knows?

I know two things. I love Ed's TNT & I love Underdog. They could make some pretty children if they got it on. I also know some of the members here have had a three way with Snappo giving everyone a serve with his wood.

JESUSgotNAILED

Well that power adapter and extensions showed up today - my Zap is warm once again! The extensions are awesome and I am digging the heavy duty one.

The temperature compared with my old power adapters is a little bit lower (even without an extension attached) which isn't really a big deal but it means I can't milk my Zap stems the same anymore - the vapor is definitely lighter. It still gets me nice and toasty though and that just means I can get more of an effect out of eating/cooking my AVB. So I will live, hehe.

Thanks again Underdog and Underdogette!

jim-bob

One of my dogs has never left his corner of the kitchen counter, but believe me, he still gets plenty of attention. They do pretty well with whatever.

JESUSgotNAILED

Oh lordy... now I have that "buying itch" going on lol. I've been reading about VVPS on the UD site/in this thread and have decided I think I want to give that Tekpower lab style one a shot
(and hope for no flames!). If I wanted my extension cords to not go to waste I can just plug them into the Lab Style Cord, correct?

underdog

Manufacturer
Oh lordy... now I have that "buying itch" going on lol. I've been reading about VVPS on the UD site/in this thread and have decided I think I want to give that Tekpower lab style one a shot
(and hope for no flames!). If I wanted my extension cords to not go to waste I can just plug them into the Lab Style Cord, correct?

Yep you can plug them in just like that and we do recommend you do so with at least one to protect the actual VVPS cord from breakage. :tup:

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I just went crazy and bought the Tekpower VVPS, The OLD 18650 battery pack from Fast tech, It looks better than the New model on Amazon due to the variable voltage IMO. And I bought this So I can make my own with a deans plug input to use any one of my many Lipo batteries from RC's. They are mostly 11.1v? I wonder if this will get up to 13+V with a 3s 11.1v Lipo? If not I do have a 22.2v 6s if needed but its a lot bigger.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DWX8PM2?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=od_aui_detailpages00

http://www.amazon.com/Tekpower-HY-1...=UTF8&qid=1457907607&sr=1-3&keywords=tekpower

https://www.fasttech.com/products/1424/10004461/1457402-qidian-3a-4-18650-diy-power-bank-battery

And these little metal 1 hitters are the best buy on the underdog website. You can make 1 hitters out of anything! This is a 14/18mm male adapter from a CCA zeus nail I had laying around so it fits any female connection.

6DE54A1B-7FD2-4C64-A8A8-AB6D9E7C1CAB.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom