Underdog Log Vapes

darkrom

Great Scott!
Sorry I meant car adapter, definitely not in the theater. But with the UD it can keep me going strong for a while if I really hit it in the parking lot before going in.

darkrom,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Glass stem on its way :) should be useful for carrying around in my linty pockets.

darkrom,

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
darkrom said:
Glass stem on its way :) should be useful for carrying around in my linty pockets.

Thanks for the order darkrom, and thanks to Joe too.

Those pieces should ship out today and you should have them Mon-Tues depending on the efficiency of the USPS.

underdog,

darkrom

Great Scott!
That's a crapshoot :p

So I have someone local who is looking to get my solo. So time to start planning a custom twig I think.

darkrom,

gvape

Ok, I did a pretty big test last night. Around 3 or 4am, I switched the UD over to 9v and went to bed. I woke up, set a timer for 5 min and switched it back over to 12v. After 5 minutes went buy I took my loaded stem and tried to take a hit. It definitely worked, I dont think it was as milky, but it worked pretty damn well for only waiting 5 minutes. I may have to test after 2 or 3 minutes to see if I can still get a hit. I did no think it would work this fast.

What is nice about this is that the 9v setting is really not that hot to the touch, its actually pretty cool. Bumping it up to 12v and it only taking 5 minutes is really nice. I can leave it on the 9v setting most the day and just bump it up right before I take a hit, I like that quick warm up time. This makes me wonder about geting an even nicer power supply so that I could control the vape voltage even lower making it so that it was barely running. It it could still heat up within the 5-10 minutes Id be quite happy.

So with that being said, the relatively low temp I hope helps with not stressing the wood or vape as much. If I leave my unit on the 12v setting for over an hour it can heat up pretty hot, not burning hot, just like a very hot hand warmer. I might be able to use the UD a little like I do with the TT as a hot massage device.

gvape,

underdog

Manufacturer
gvape said:
Ok, I did a pretty big test last night. Around 3 or 4am, I switched the UD over to 9v and went to bed. I woke up, set a timer for 5 min and switched it back over to 12v. After 5 minutes went buy I took my loaded stem and tried to take a hit. It definitely worked, I dont think it was as milky, but it worked pretty damn well for only waiting 5 minutes. I may have to test after 2 or 3 minutes to see if I can still get a hit. I did no think it would work this fast.

What is nice about this is that the 9v setting is really not that hot to the touch, its actually pretty cool. Bumping it up to 12v and it only taking 5 minutes is really nice. I can leave it on the 9v setting most the day and just bump it up right before I take a hit, I like that quick warm up time. This makes me wonder about geting an even nicer power supply so that I could control the vape voltage even lower making it so that it was barely running. It it could still heat up within the 5-10 minutes Id be quite happy.

So with that being said, the relatively low temp I hope helps with not stressing the wood or vape as much. If I leave my unit on the 12v setting for over an hour it can heat up pretty hot, not burning hot, just like a very hot hand warmer. I might be able to use the UD a little like I do with the TT as a hot massage device.

Pretty awesome results gvape, I'm sure there will be some other interested people around here too! :)

underdog,

underdog

Manufacturer
Alright, a pile of outgoing packages just left here with the USPS. Many packages of glass stems, accessories and vapes.. including international orders. A nice strong finish to a good week!

All of you who placed orders should be receiving the typical tracking email from the USPS shortly I imagine.

Thanks!

underdog,

gvape

I was just wondering if my package was here and checked the tracking... sure enough sitting in the mail box AND with my other 9-13v adapter I just ordered. I love when the mail ships so fast.

What a fun package from Dave I got. Ill have to get some pictures up, but I really like the glass mouthpiece. It could be a bit bigger for the mouthpiece area, but overall, I think it will server well with functionality. Looks like I got a bit of fun ahead of me.

gvape,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I just got my package from Dave today as well. I really think the glass mouthpiece adds that touch that I thought was missing. I'm just not a big fan of the silicone as I've already mentioned here ad nauseum. But the glass mouthpiece really "completes" the UD IMO. If I were to market this vape, I would definitely suggest selling each UD with a glass mouthpiece out of the box. It makes it a much better vaporizing experience in my opinion.

Here is a pic of the setup now.
45143588.jpg

My original power supply was one of the bad ones, but Dave really impressed me with his customer service and shipped me a good one. I just vaped .04 of some Jedi Berry OG and while I didn't get clouds, the result was good and I cached it in 4 decent-sized hits.

I still find it a little awkward to load and unload into the silicone bowl, but maybe I'll get used to it.

Anyway, I'm enjoying my new UD and have added it to my sig as I think it will get a decent amount of use. :brow:

By the way, the screens that Dave sent me are the perfect size for a Solo screen. I made a perfect slightly domed screen for one of my stems in about 15 seconds. I'm not sure how much to cut them down for use with the UD (they're far too large and have to be cut down by hand) but I am sure I'll figure that out pretty quickly.
:peace:

Stu,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Stu if you aren't getting clouds with a jedi strain then let me suggest moving the screen closer to the heater core.

I have a far lesser bud and am yet to encounter a strain (only headies though) that won't produce larger clouds than any other style of vape I've used.

How long are you letting this thing heat up? I don't have a 1/4 core myself (yet) but I am working on getting one. If I can't get clouds then maybe I'll stick to 3/8, but can you try lowering the screen to see if it makes a difference?

darkrom,

stroh

errl enthusiast
i can achieve quite generous clouds with my 1/4" twig, but i believe it actually might have the 5w heating element of the 3/8" core, which could be the reason for that

stroh,

darkrom

Great Scott!
I forgot you had the twig. Any twig specific advice? I already have my Jester and love it and get fantastic results, but I too will be getting a custom 1/4" twig with the 5w element.

I simply can't understand how you wouldn't get clouds on the 3/8.

darkrom,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I moved the screen down a little before I started. I'd say that a loaded bowl when fully inserted is less than 1/4 inch from the heater when the silicone is fully inserted. I don't know that I'd want it any closer than that.

I did notice improved vapor after about 3 hours of being on. The first bowl I tried was after about 90 minutes.

Stu,

los

my unit gets to vaping temps in about 30 minutes but i find that a longer heat up time....say an hour or more to be more to my liking.

ive been keeping my unit on an average of 8hrs a day and shes holding up just fine so far.

stu the clouds will come, trust me ;) i thought the same thing but when my technique improved and i put the screen much closer to the core i got way better results....ive gotten some pretty big clouds out of UD, im not ashamed to say that my dog has induced some deep coughing sessions :D

los,

underdog

Manufacturer
Stu said:
I just got my package from Dave today as well. I really think the glass mouthpiece adds that touch that I thought was missing. I'm just not a big fan of the silicone as I've already mentioned here ad nauseum. But the glass mouthpiece really "completes" the UD IMO. If I were to market this vape, I would definitely suggest selling each UD with a glass mouthpiece out of the box. It makes it a much better vaporizing experience in my opinion.

Here is a pic of the setup now.
http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/6383/45143588.jpg

My original power supply was one of the bad ones, but Dave really impressed me with his customer service and shipped me a good one. I just vaped .04 of some Jedi Berry OG and while I didn't get clouds, the result was good and I cached it in 4 decent-sized hits.

I still find it a little awkward to load and unload into the silicone bowl, but maybe I'll get used to it.

Anyway, I'm enjoying my new UD and have added it to my sig as I think it will get a decent amount of use. :brow:

By the way, the screens that Dave sent me are the perfect size for a Solo screen. I made a perfect slightly domed screen for one of my stems in about 15 seconds. I'm not sure how much to cut them down for use with the UD (they're far too large and have to be cut down by hand) but I am sure I'll figure that out pretty quickly.

Thanks for the feedback Stu, I'm glad you got the power supply and that it's working better for you than the last one.. :brow:

I'm sure with practice you'll learn to juice all she's worth out of that little b-day vape.. and at least it's something that practice and experimentation is quite enjoyable. :)

Seriously though I think the b-day vapes are nice and pretty good performers but really when it comes down to it they just aren't as powerful as a full size 3/8" core is in our vapes. The design focus with these was really to be as efficient as possible and at that I think they really do kick ass, even over the 3/8" core.

Anyways glad you're enjoying it, also glad you like the glass and again thanks for your patience with the power supply issues. :peace:

underdog,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
I went to bed late and smashed amd i forgot to turn off my Underdog.. It is good that i don't sleep long and much due to my insomnia.. so it has been left about 5-6 hours on.. with a stem on it which was nicely heated.. I loaded it and i could smell the aromas due to the convection heat of the silicon.. I plug it in my hotdog fast.. and got the from 0.1 one of the biggest clouds in my vaporizing history.. with density compared to 0.3 g load on my MW...

Abysmal Vapor,

darkrom

Great Scott!
I don't know why I feel so weird about leaving the stem in between hits. Just seems wrong to me lol. Maybe I'm just an odd one.

darkrom,

underdog

Manufacturer
darkrom said:
I don't know why I feel so weird about leaving the stem in between hits. Just seems wrong to me lol. Maybe I'm just an odd one.

I feel the same way for whatever reason darkrom.. funny how that works.

underdog,

underdog

Manufacturer
You guys are keeping me on my toes with all the glass orders.. thanks!

Headed to the post office with on last batch of packages to ship before the weekend cutoff for shipping. :cool:

underdog,

los

i remove my stem as well, it just feels right or seems like the right thing to do....

los,

underdog

Manufacturer
Still no sign of my Aqua Vape, I ordered it two business weeks ago and they said it shipped over a week ago but apparently don't have any tracking info. :mad:

Their website led me to believe that it was in stock and would ship from somewhere in the states but now I wonder if it didn't actually ship from Asia as has occasionally happened to me in the past. Needless to say I'm less than thrilled with their service so far.. but I'll give them a bit longer before getting grouchy about it. :rolleyes:

So in other UD news I imagine many of you have received your new power supplies or will soon.. once you do please report back on how thing are going and any differences you might notice.

underdog,
well I noticed. The top is my daily driver again with that noice 13v Dave. I would hate to see my dog see 13v =( that b&w is so light I think it would start to crack. hahaha :lol: Still anytime I go anywhere, or am in the car the bell is right there. :D

biojuggernaut,

underdog

Manufacturer
biojuggernaut said:
well I noticed. The top is my daily driver again with that noice 13v Dave. I would hate to see my dog see 13v =( that b&w is so light I think it would start to crack. hahaha :lol: Still anytime I go anywhere, or am in the car the bell is right there. :D

You're losing me here bio.. not sure what you mean exactly? Your TT is your daily drive again because you got your replacement UD power supply? I'm confused..:uhoh: not that being confused is a new experience for me... :lol:

underdog,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Bio are you saying that you don't want to run the UD at 13v? If that is the case feel free to do so.

I accidentally left my UD on overnight again...no problems and this one was probably closer to 8-10 hrs since I forget when I turned it on. No issues other than me getting to baked for the morning, but hey, its sunday.

darkrom,
Top Bottom