Underdog Log Vapes

I took my UD out for an adventure this weekend, shared him around a group of 4 people (who had never vaped before) and they were all very impressed! Over the weekend we had many stems via direct draw and through a 100ml EHLE and it sounds like at least one of my friends will be grabbing a UD of their own :)

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Is that the Blue Mahoe stem, Stu?

I knew I should have called dibs, damned ;)

DJonko, I thought you had a sand blasted one but that's the white logo with a blue line isn't it?

I've been trying to shoot vapor video's too, and found it hard to capture the exhaled vapor as well. What seems to work best is the light of a setting sun, especially when it comes in through just a gap in the curtains. But I'm still experimenting over here.

Stu, what was that free editing software you mentioned in an other thread recently? I'd like to try that too. I think it had the word 'magic' in the name, but I'm not entirely sure about that.

re: music in vids: I often prefer vids without music myself, especially when it's about glass pieces so I can hear the sound the diffusion makes.

OhTheAgony,

vorrange

Vapor.wise

DJonko, I thought you had a sand blasted one but that's the white logo with a blue line isn't it?

I've been trying to shoot vapor video's too, and found it hard to capture the exhaled vapor as well. What seems to work best is the light of a setting sun, especially when it comes in through just a gap in the curtains. But I'm still experimenting over here.

Stu, what was that free editing software you mentioned in an other thread recently? I'd like to try that too. I think it had the word 'magic' in the name, but I'm not entirely sure about that.

re: music in vids: I often prefer vids without music myself, especially when it's about glass pieces so I can hear the sound the diffusion makes.

Some kind of backlight seems to work best to capture it OTA.. I haven't tried performing videos except with my iphone but when i did i either used a desk lamp or light from a window. And when i like to see my exhale, it is always better when i am like at an angle towards the backlight, not directly facing it. ;)

djonkoman

yes mine indeed has a white logo with blue edge, and the logo feels higher as the glass, so feels like a kind of sticker
that vid I posted was filmed in the evening, but I think still before the setting sun comes trough the window(but this room has a window mostly on the north, sop the setting sun only reaches a small area on the wall directly next to the window, a place where only some seedlings on a shelve can profit from it.

my next try will be black background+daylight, since in the last vid the daylight already wasn't as bright anymore

edit: just did anoter vid and already getting better visible vapor, now waiting till it's uploaded, taking long... maybe because I'm also downloading the newest episodes of weeds and aqua teen hunger force

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member

Yeah, I nabbed the Blue Mahoe stem. :cool:

The editing software I used for some videos is called "Magisto". I think that you can use it a few different ways, but I just used the free iPhone app and found it extremely easy (no brainer, really).

:peace:

Your Highness

Cannasseur
My Dogs...

photo.jpg

djonkoman

stupid youtube, I made another vid at 420, but now it's an hour later, and I still can't get it to upload.

djonkoman,

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
@ everyusername - way to spread the UD love dude.. thanks! You Australian guys must be fun to party with because I've shipped quite a few UDs down there and it seems to be a growing trend. :cool:

@ djonk - I'll be making some more Mahoe stems no worries dude

@ Your Highness - Nice Pups dude, thanks! How are they treating you so far?

Alright, I'm headed to the shop to get my Monday on. I'll check back throughout the day and also will slowly work on the emails that piled up from my taking part(s) of the weekend off so just bear with me until then.. :p

underdog,

underdog

Manufacturer
Thanks togepi, I'll send your Pup on it's way first thing tomorrow and it should arrive before the end of the week. Looks like the weekend weather forecast for your area is going to be 'Foggy with a chance of more Fog' ;)

underdog,
Reactions: Peloton

togepi258

LOL! Did you actually look up our forecast? Because it actually IS going to be foggy this weekend.

On another note, I got offered a S&B Plenty for $250, since it's what I was looking at before. I declined, since I just ordered my UD. I'm taking you guys' word at the efficiency of this thing! :p

togepi258,

underdog

Manufacturer
Haha no I didn't look up your guys real forecast.. :lol: funny though it does always seem to be foggy when a Dog arrives at it's first home.

Oh and too bad you couldn't pick up the Plenty too, it would have been fun to 'race' them. I'm sure someone around here could compare the two from experience but it wouldn't be me since I'm an UD only kinda guy. ;)

underdog,

togepi258

If I hadn't just spent a good amount of money on some non-vaporizer related things, I probably would have picked up the Plenty too. Would have been great to give it a comparison. If it's still available in a few weeks, maybe I'll pick it up. Although, if the UD is awesome as I expect it to be, maybe I'll just pick up a second UD :p

togepi258,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
Haha no I didn't look up your guys real forecast.. :lol: funny though it does always seem to be foggy when a Dog arrives at it's first home.

Oh and too bad you couldn't pick up the Plenty too, it would have been fun to 'race' them. I'm sure someone around here could compare the two from experience but it wouldn't be me since I'm an UD only kinda guy. ;)

I bought a plenty.... it is okay. I don't like it all that much. At $250 it would be worth the price. Personally, the UD preforms better in every way. My plenty is in the box. I need to do a review of it for my site... have not had the time though. I don't use it much on my own though. So I guess I am not a big fan of it.

Slightly Medicated,

togepi258

SM, I like to read your reviews too! If you're turning me away from the Plenty, as have many others, I'm definitely going to have to take your word on this one.

togepi258,

Peloton

Vapes Hard
My PH Space Twig just knocked my socks off a few minutes ago! Dave you really created a monster with this one. These direct draws with the thick silicone stem are massive! It is a real lung buster when I want to get immediate results. I feel like I am bonding with it so naturally, it really is pretty good looking and performing :) My only regret about the beast is not requesting her sooner! Guys, just let the man know what your heart desires, and he makes it happen all quick like. I finally am fully understanding all the hubbub about logs... it is beautiful, and powerful - yet efficient.

@ Dave: Thank you so much, can't wait to see the new designs coming out! I might need to order a matching PH stem and/or caddy too down the line somewhere... later dude

underdog

Manufacturer
Thanks Peloton, super happy to hear you're digging the PHST so much. It was a challenge (though fun) to make with how thin it is on the top half.. not much room for error there lol. Glad you've also come over to the dark side of massive silicone direct draw hits. :o Any time you want to talk stems or caddies just let me know, I'll be here.. :tup:

underdog,

underdog

Manufacturer
Nice djonk, glad to see you rocking the Pup.. :cool:

Busy in the shop working on the UDs of tomorrow so I'll let you all entertain yourselves for now. :peace:

underdog,

Gandalf

Can somebody please tell me exactly how to pair a UD with a bong? I really want to try vapor bonging but haven't used a glass piece in almost 10 years.

What size bong do you recommend, and do I need anything in addition to attach the UD? If you have any specific glass piece recommendations (under $100), I'd also be happy to hear them as well. Thanks!

Gandalf,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
Can somebody please tell me exactly how to pair a UD with a bong? I really want to try vapor bonging but haven't used a glass piece in almost 10 years.

What size bong do you recommend, and do I need anything in addition to attach the UD? If you have any specific glass piece recommendations (under $100), I'd also be happy to hear them as well. Thanks!

You want to get a water pipe with a 18mm Glass on Glass down-stem.

Then you get the Extreme Q elbow adapter:

http://arizer.com/store/en/heater-parts/26-glass-elbow-adapter.html

You stick the end of the elbow adapter into the thick silicone. The adapter goes into the 18mm water pipe. You just attach everything together and inhale.

Not sure what water pipe you should get... there are so many out there. Look for something that is Glass on Glass and 18mm.

Slightly Medicated,
Reactions: Gandalf

HighlyEducatedScholar

Student of Vapor
what SM posted is definitely one way to do it. i actually have this little dinky $20 bubbler that i bought which all i had to do was stick the thin silicone stem in and voila, water pipe attachment! from what i have read in the past, other UD owners also just take either the thick or thin silicone stems, depending if the piece has a 14mm or 18mm downstem, and stick it into their water pipes without any manipulation and produces good success.

the option that SM suggested probably looks a bit better though :p

HighlyEducatedScholar,
Reactions: Gandalf
Top Bottom