(un-named) "portable dry herb vaporizer" on Instagram...?

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Seems like there is something coming from Asia?(China?), this Instagram account, posted some photos of some top-tier vapes (TetraP80, Firewood7, Tinymight, Mighty+) and now seems to be posting possibly similar prototypes of their own??

Screenshot-20220205-184522.png

Screenshot-20220205-184247.png
Screenshot-20220205-184107.png

Screenshot-20220205-184050.png

Screenshot-20220205-184314.png

Could be a little suspicious, I don't want to be the one to throw out the worst possible scenarios, trying to keep an open mind, but also feeling a bit cautious about this all...
:o:hmm::uhoh::uhh::\:disgust::suspicious::ugh::(:tinfoil::shrug::worms::popcorn:

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
They should call it the Chimera or Splice :D ! Aside from the creepy nails,i like that they seem to be forward about their inspirations. It is indeed like Milaana meets Tinymight and TUBO/Tetra. I think it is also a single battery device, looking at the top.

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
From the IG there is a pic of a mighty plus, a tinymight, a Tetra P80. Are there genuine or fakes?? Not sure why they are there?

Then there seems to be two new different vapes. One with metal top and bottom TM style but much bigger. Stem appears to be held by orings. Then a wood vape without the metal caps, but with a battery compartment TM style, and what looks like an 18mm female, and 18mm stem. I like the look of the spiral metal cooling insert used on both.

The 1st vape is huge, so would have to do something real special to be worth considering.

The 2nd looks like it could be a Milaana clone? Nice wood grain. As Milaana is not sold anymore this might have some appeal.

Going to ask some questions on IG

Edit: Just got confirmation there is two different vapes.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

From the IG there is a pic of a mighty plus, a tinymight, a Tetra P80. Are there genuine or fakes?? Not sure why they are there?

Can't be sure about the TM or the Mighty unfortunately these days, but that seems clearly to me a genuine TP80 and FW7, which is why I said it seems like they were buying them for research?? Hopefully not to knock off!

Yeah @Abysmal Vapor that is kind of the base impression I get if I'm trying not to be paranoid about this!

Then there seems to be two new different vapes. One with metal top and bottom TM style but much bigger. Stem appears to be held by orings. Then a wood vape without the metal caps, but with a battery compartment TM style, and what looks like an 18mm female, and 18mm stem. I like the look of the spiral metal cooling insert used on both.

Yep exactly as you can see in the photos above :tup:

The 1st vape is huge, so would have to do something real special to be worth considering.The 2nd looks like it could be a Milaana clone? Nice wood grain. As Milaana is not sold anymore this might have some appeal.

Totally agree, that second one makes me think it could even be someone affiliated with the manufacturers of Mi3/SplinterV...?

Going to ask some questions on IG

Edit: Just got confirmation there is two different vapes.

Cool, so they are definitely planning to release two different vapes that they are currently prototyping? Perhaps one digital regulated and one analog unregulated??

Thanks for doing some leg work bud :bowdown:

ugotmale

I messaged her on IG and she said,

"There will be better products in March, please be patient"

When I suggested I'd purchase a TM instead of waiting, she sent me a link to purchase from a "friend" that turned out to be an AliExpress site selling the "knock-off" ChinaMights for $150.

Last edited:

cptofnthng

I think theyre stupid for trying If they really try, because artisan vapes by design have more informed customers, live off personal touches and probably arent widespread.
Its like building a fake oldtimer. People will know.
A mighty knockoff on the other hand, apparently sells quite well i Imagine.
So maybe its really their 'own' design.

checkyourlibido

I think theyre stupid for trying If they really try, because artisan vapes by design have more informed customers, live off personal touches and probably arent widespread.
Its like building a fake oldtimer. People will know.
A mighty knockoff on the other hand, apparently sells quite well i Imagine.
So maybe its really their 'own' design.
I wonder how many Mighty and TM fakes have been passed around on ent exchange

Abysmal Vapor

I am not defending those guys ,but you are really quick to jump to assumptions. It is like Chinese people in US got bullied because the Covid-19 came from China....
How in the world could you tell from the picture it is a fake tinymight and that they are the exact guys behind knockoff tinymights. From what i see they have an authentic TetraP80.. I really doubt they could pull of a copy like that.
Also what are the identificator telling you that mighty is also fake ? Please educate me ... Lets condemn all chinese manufcaturers,just because someone out there in China is making knockoffs... Isnt it still innocent until proven guilty in the US ?
Maybe it irks you that they have build on others design ? (and you can tell that ,without knowing what is inside ,cause on the outside they look different enough?)
I have a conspiracy theory for you. It is RBT who took manufacturing of Artisan vapes to China . They got the hang of it like many others in the US and now they are making their own knock offs and spin-offs.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

@Abysmal Vapor no one was claiming the TP80 or other vapes from the Instagram in my initial post were knock offs, and yes we don't know if the maker of this yet to be fully revealed new vape is producing or going to produce knockoffs, but it was this specific comment below that set the conversation further in that direction (mighty was just brought up as a non artisan example?):
she sent me a link to purchase from a "friend" that turned out to be an AliExpress site selling the "knock-off" ChinaMights for $150
So at the very least they are affiliated, with whoever is producing a knockoff TM in China, they referred someone to buy from them instead of from the official site...

Abysmal Vapor

@Abysmal Vapor no one was claiming the TP80 or other vapes from the Instagram in my initial post were knock offs, and yes we don't know if the maker of this yet to be fully revealed new vape is producing or going to produce knockoffs, but it was this specific comment below that set the conversation further in that direction (mighty was just brought up as a non artisan example?):

So at the very least they are affiliated, with whoever is producing a knockoff TM in China, they referred someone to buy from them instead of from the official site...
Guess then i have been overly high and missed that part, :D .

enrarit

The CU on the Tinymight/Milaana unit looks interesting, watching this one with some curiosity indeed!

ConvectCode1

I like the aesthetics of that device. I’m just going to say it: Shit Snacks, just tell me when I should buy something. So far, nothing but good advice from S.S., hasnt led me astray. I await whether or not you buy it to see if I should. It should have a name though. Jeeze who creates a device without a name, other than TRWW?

chillmike

I like the aesthetics of that device. I’m just going to say it: Shit Snacks, just tell me when I should buy something. So far, nothing but good advice from S.S., hasnt led me astray. I await whether or not you buy it to see if I should. It should have a name though. Jeeze who creates a device without a name, other than TRWW?
It does have a name... "Portable Dry Herb Vape"... Can't you see the beautifully unique name they've chosen? I mean, how can you get a more one-of-a-kind, innovative name than that? ...lol. Oh, china... How you make me giggle with your ingenuity and originality... You never cease to make me smile....

Seems like there is something coming from Asia?(China?), this Instagram account, posted some photos of some top-tier vapes (TetraP80, Firewood7, Tinymight, Mighty+) and now seems to be posting possibly similar prototypes of their own??

Screenshot-20220205-184522.png

Screenshot-20220205-184247.png
Screenshot-20220205-184107.png

Screenshot-20220205-184050.png

Screenshot-20220205-184314.png

Could be a little suspicious, I don't want to be the one to throw out the worst possible scenarios, trying to keep an open mind, but also feeling a bit cautious about this all...
:o:hmm::uhoh::uhh::\:disgust::suspicious::ugh::(:tinfoil::shrug::worms::popcorn:
By the way - very curious to know if the inside of that "cooling unit" actually has a spiral/helix in the inside that matches the outside (which in that last pic where you get a good look into the bottom hole of it, makes me pretty suspicious if it actually does), cuz with the helix/spiral on the outside, and due to the o-rings being the same and thus dividing off that inner area between them; I don't really understand how it would work or do anything if those 2 o-rings make a seal blocking that area off from airflow... Doesn't really make sense to me logically, and seems like it would just end up working as a straight shot vaporpath from bowl to mouth, with the "cooling unit" just being a smaller diameter to travel through, but no surface area to hit other than the straight side walls, with that open hole to a blank trapped air pocket of where that "cu's" bottom hole is open into... Basically; I don't understand how that would cool much of anything...? Now, if that bottom o-ring wasn't there or something, it might make sense and maybe work... But it looks like the same exact size as the other and to be trapping that area off? Like even without the o-ring there, it'd still need to have airflow coming from the bowl or outside of the stem - which I'm not so sure it does either... I mean, we'd all have to better see how it works from the bowl area and up to determine, but regardless, I dunno... Just seems weird and doesn't look right. Maybe I'm wrong... But from what I can see, I'm not so sure that I am wrong... Can anyone enlighten me or give me a second opinion??

Joie de Vivre

Can anyone enlighten me or give me a second opinion??
Not enthusing about this product but the 3 shots of it seem to show holes in the spiral tunnel through to holes at the top and bottom, so the airflow is constrained to that spiral at the edge of the glass between the o-rings.

Joie de Vivre,
Reactions: LesPlenty
Top Bottom