Ultimate, all-glass, non-toxic, "healthy" vaporizer (2023?)

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Re: The Wand with the solid Ispire SS sleeve - Does it roast evenly? How long do you heat it?
Roasts very evenly. I find it works best loading the bowl with little nugs. Takes about 10-12 flashes of the Wand to get vapor and then about half that number for reheating. You have to draw while heating to get more feedback about how much vapor is being produced. It's usually best to stop heating as soon as you start tasting vapor.
TRWW designs could be interesting with the metal sleeve. I think they are a bit larger?
Yes, they are larger but still quite portable.
As an alternative approach, instead of using an induction heater at all, I am curious how well using an Arizer Solo 2 /Air Max to heat the Vaponic would work. If it works well, you would be able to avoid dealing with a metal sleeve entirely and gain exact temperature control. Supposedly the Vaponic fits it, just haven't seen any reports on how well it works.
I have an OG solo I might dig out. Wonder if it's the right size 🤔?
I believe the neo is just a battery heater with a ceramic heating element
Yes, but it's a "clean" heater and could be used to heat all sorts of glass/ceramic/zirconia bowls.
the tinymight is more powerful, and the oven diameter can fit 16mm OD glass tubes, cheers!
Not so familiar with the TM but I think there are things in the vapor path other than just glass.

wamalt

I have an OG solo I might dig out. Wonder if it's the right size 🤔?

Not so familiar with the TM but I think there are things in the vapor path other than just glass.

From what I've read, the Solo 2 / Air 2 have a sealing ring that the OG Air doesn't, so the fit would be more loose on the OG Air. The concept should still work though, if want to try it out! I think Solo 2 / Air 2 also have more powerful heaters. Then I think the Air Max heating element is even larger than both of those but heats up slower (same size stem though, so Vaponic should still fit).

@AssistedLiving is saying that the Vaponic could be inserted into the TinyMight to achieve all-glass no-flame. The fit would again be a little loose, but perhaps a silicone o-ring could fix that if it's really needed. I don't own a TM to explore the idea -- hopefully someone here owns both!

Last edited:
wamalt,

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
From what I've read, the Solo 2 / Air 2 have a sealing ring that the OG Air doesn't, so the fit would be more loose on the OG Air. The concept should still work though, if want to try it out! I think Solo 2 / Air 2 also have more powerful heaters. Then I think the Air Max heating element is even larger than both of those but heats up slower (same size stem though, so Vaponic should still fit).
OG Air or OG Solo? I have the OG Solo but still have to find it 🤔. Also wouldn't this type of heating heat the tip of the glass tube which isn't ideal?
@AssistedLiving is saying that the Vaponic could be inserted into the TinyMight to achieve all-glass no-flame. The fit would again be a little loose, but perhaps a silicone o-ring could fix that if it's really needed. I don't own a TM to explore the idea -- hopefully someone here owns both!
What do you think of the Prrl Neo? I'm starting to read the thread now.

TigoleBitties,

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Doesn’t the Neo use a glowing metal coil heater…?
Yup, totally does use some inert alloy that heats up the zirconia tip. Definitely in the vapor path. Not a problem for me but maybe not clean enough for some? Don't remember the alloy.

TigoleBitties,

getsoutalive

Tinymight as delivered has metal in the vapor path, but that is easily removed. There are several 3rd party stems that offer "glass screens" with glass or gem cooling pieces and / or WPA for connection to your rig of choice.

Cannot avoid metal in the airpath as the heater is in the path.

wamalt

Tinymight as delivered has metal in the vapor path, but that is easily removed.

Cannot avoid metal in the airpath as the heater is in the path.

True, unless someone tries heating the Vaponic in the TinyMight. Then you get TM power and convenience with the all-glass Vaponic air path :) If it works, that is

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

No, you can use an all-glass stem, otherwise it's just a steel mesh basket screen which is pretty common necessary evil, stock setup with the metal cooling unit is of course much more steel in the path however

True, unless someone tries heating the Vaponic in the TinyMight. Then you get TM power and convenience with the all-glass Vaponic air path :) If it works, that is

That's not going to work, and what you're saying doesn't even make sense lol Sorry the power of the TM is to keep up with any draw for the pure convection on demand, cold air drawn through the steel ribbon coil to turn it into hot air that can vaporize the herbs as you draw through it... Even if you remove the screens blocking the heater, that would still not be an efficient heater for a vaponic and I honestly think you're just wasting your time thinking about it lol

There was a reason mistvape built his beast vaponic heater...

wamalt

No, you can use an all-glass stem, otherwise it's just a steel mesh basket screen which is pretty common necessary evil, stock setup with the metal cooling unit is of course much more steel in the path however

That's not going to work, and what you're saying doesn't even make sense lol Sorry the power of the TM is to keep up with any draw for the pure convection on demand, cold air drawn through the steel ribbon coil to turn it into hot air that can vaporize the herbs as you draw through it... Even if you remove the screens blocking the heater, that would still not be an efficient heater for a vaponic and I honestly think you're just wasting your time thinking about it lol

There was a reason mistvape built his beast vaponic heater...

What part doesn't make sense? Isn't TM stem ~16mm diameter? Vaponic is only ~12.5mm I believe. You wouldn't be removing screens covering the TM heater or drawing air through the TM or anything like that - literally just using the TM as a heater unit for the Vaponic. As I'm sure you know, Mistvape's heater isn't for sale, so that's the reason for searching for alternative approaches.

wamalt,

Shit Snacks

What part doesn't make sense? Isn't TM stem ~16mm diameter? Vaponic is only ~12.5mm I believe. You wouldn't be removing screens covering the TM heater or drawing air through the TM or anything like that - literally just using the TM as a heater unit for the Vaponic. As I'm sure you know, Mistvape's heater isn't for sale, so that's the reason for searching for alternative approaches.

Exactly that, what you're describing makes no sense and is a totally inefficient use of the heater in the TM, it doesn't get hot enough over there, and I don't think it would be good for the device to use it this way, trying to stick a conduction vape inside a convection vape so it's heater can then heat up the conduction vape to vaping temps is just not a realistic endeavor I'm sorry

wamalt

Exactly that, what you're describing makes no sense and is a totally inefficient use of the heater in the TM, it doesn't get hot enough over there, and I don't think it would be good for the device to use it this way, trying to stick a conduction vape inside a convection vape so it's heater can then heat up the conduction vape to vaping temps is just not a realistic endeavor I'm sorry

That's a solid hypothesis and could be true. Still would be interested to learn the actual results from using the TM, or Arizer Solo 2 / Air, to heat the Vaponic. The TinyMight or Arizer by themselves do not meet the "all-glass air and vapor path" requirement of the thread due to the metal and ceramic.

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
I agree. Don't think the heater in the TM is powerful enough. There's a case to be made for the arizer heaters though bc they do in fact heat glass stems via conduction but the glass they heat is in direct contact with the flower. Not so in the case of the vaponic, so likely those heaters wouldn't be enough either. I suggest you try the metal sleeve/wand. Takes some practice but still workable. I hope to have more control over the heat source position when I try products like the Slide and/or terpedo.

staircase slight of hand

That's a solid hypothesis and could be true. Still would be interested to learn the actual results from using the TM

I mean, how do you imagine it could work? From where i stand, this isn’t a “reasonable people may disagree” sort of topic, it’s one with known thermodynamic properties that make a certain stance nonsensical.

Shit Snacks

That's a solid hypothesis and could be true. Still would be interested to learn the actual results from using the TM, or Arizer Solo 2 / Air, to heat the Vaponic. The TinyMight or Arizer by themselves do not meet the "all-glass air and vapor path" requirement of the thread due to the metal and ceramic.

But they also don't meet the requirements to heat up a vaponic... You are the one with the hypothesis, and I think it is easy to disprove, I am not enough of a scientist to explain it though. I am sure you are not the first person to try to use a solo to heat a vaponic, my point was the mistvape beast heater was made specifically to heat a vaponic because that is necessary, you cannot do it with another vaporizer that is designed for something else entirely...

You could break one open, modify, like the way the e-cig heaters are created just using the metal coils heated up and then you heat up the vaponic, or yeah the induction heaters is what seems to be working well... I mean you're welcome to continue wasting time thinking about this pursuit I just think it is not well spent based on my understanding of the devices as well as my experience with them

I agree. Don't think the heater in the TM is powerful enough. There's a case to be made for the arizer heaters though bc they do in fact heat glass stems via conduction but the glass they heat is in direct contact with the flower. Not so in the case of the vaponic, so likely those heaters wouldn't be enough either. I suggest you try the metal sleeve/wand. Takes some practice but still workable. I hope to have more control over the heat source position when I try products like the Slide and/or terpedo.

Exactly, not that all the heaters are weak per se, they're just not designed to heat another device for use this way, so trying to adapt them seems like a fool's errand to me...

this may have already been shared here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/vaporents/comments/u53eee

Last edited:

wamalt

I mean, how do you imagine it could work? From where i stand, this isn’t a “reasonable people may disagree” sort of topic, it’s one with known thermodynamic properties that make a certain stance nonsensical.

I have no idea how the TM heater works beyond that it's a SS ribbon coil with ceramic rods intersecting it. I don't own one. I'm only going off the suggestion of another poster that mentioned the Vaponic would fit dimension-wise and was curious how that would work. Same with the Arizer. For both, if I had to bet, I would guess that they either don't heat up enough, take forever to heat soak through the glass, or cook just the bottom of the Vaponic bowl for a super uneven roast. Regardless, I would be interested to see what the actual result was.

wamalt,

Shit Snacks

I have no idea how the TM heater works beyond that it's a SS ribbon coil with ceramic rods intersecting it. I don't own one. I'm only going off the suggestion of another poster that mentioned the Vaponic would fit dimension-wise and was curious how that would work. Same with the Arizer. For both, if I had to bet, I would guess that they either don't heat up enough, take forever to heat soak through the glass, or cook just the bottom of the Vaponic bowl for a super uneven roast. Regardless, I would be interested to see what the actual result was.

Yeah so I'd suggest actually looking them up, for the TM, the TM2, you cannot even access the heater directly, so if you stick the vaponic in, there's going to be a bunch of metal between it and the heater, it's not going to be transferring heat enough to vape the material, it just doesn't make sense to use a convection vapes heater to heat up another vape unless you rip it apart and DIY something as I said... That was my point, you can't do it with any existing vape, and it's silly to me to try, get one vape you like, don't buy another vape to try to use it to heat up the other vape? Good luck!

staircase slight of hand

I'm only going off the suggestion of another poster that mentioned the Vaponic would fit dimension-wise and was curious how that would work.

With all due respect, I don’t think “I can stick object [x] into orifice [y]” is a particularly meaningful starting point for the sort of engineering you’re pondering.

staircase slight of hand,

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Follow up: Got my terpedo from TRWW a couple of days ago and started trying to get it working with the Wand.

TLDR: So far no dice yet but only because I haven't found a metal sleeve that'll fit yet from hardware stores. Needs to be metal and really thin because the terpedo is much bigger than the vaponic and fits inside the wand but with little clearance.

I tried some wire wrap but screwed it up by wrapping a bit too thick and it wouldn't fit in the Wand. Doh! 😣

Not giving up though. I'll try again with a thinner wrap of wire while I continue to look for a thin metal sleeve. Any suggestions where to find this are appreciated. Haven't measured exactly yet but think I'll need about 19mm diameter and maybe 3-4cm long.

In the meantime, I totally took a left turn and bought a small dual flame torch 😲. Never thought I'd be a torch guy but I just HAD to try the terpedo.

It didn't disappoint. Nice tasty clouds for days. It really is a vaponic on steroids! Likely the heaviest hitter I own right now because I really have only dabbled in battery portables and Dynavap/IH setups so far. Also I haven't combusted yet. Bonus!

Last edited:

Old_muel

This topic interests me greatly, i barely use my dc elev8r anymore coz the coils right at the air inlet hole on the heater & that totally defeats the purpose of getting it for purity & have been thinking of getting a manual one, a vaponic or one from trww or similar, I think im pretty ok with using a torch for external heating only, due to the fact that lots of people actually do huff the stuff through their bricks & such & swear by it's purity so surely there's negligible hydrocarbons left & making it to our lungs when used externally like on an elev8r?.....not at all sure about this though & would like to actually see some proper info like a lab analysis of the contents of the output of a butane torch or something....but yeah ideally no torch I guess.
Didn't some company come out with a 510 conduction vapcap heater that goes on mods, might that do the job?

coolbreeze

This topic interests me greatly, i barely use my dc elev8r anymore coz the coils right at the air inlet hole on the heater & that totally defeats the purpose of getting it for purity & have been thinking of getting a manual one, a vaponic or one from trww or similar, I think im pretty ok with using a torch for external heating only, due to the fact that lots of people actually do huff the stuff through their bricks & such & swear by it's purity so surely there's negligible hydrocarbons left & making it to our lungs when used externally like on an elev8r?.....not at all sure about this though & would like to actually see some proper info like a lab analysis of the contents of the output of a butane torch or something....but yeah ideally no torch I guess.
Didn't some company come out with a 510 conduction vapcap heater that goes on mods, might that do the job?
I think a torch with any of the glass vapes you've mentioned are functionally as pure as you can get (except with a coil), and an awesome experience as well (don't forget that a battery has its own toxic wastes and of course need power from some likely non-entirely-clean source). My guess is that your cooking and heating apparatii offgas more yuck into your household air--not to mention carpets, cloths, surfaces/finishes, scenting and cleaning agents, etc--than a daily torch session or two (or the coil). Not to dismiss health concerns, as that's why most of us arrived here, and not to dismiss the aim of this thread, which is the purest glass experience.

Only thing more pure I can think of is an all-glass Rogue vape and a magnifying glass. ; )

SquirrelMaster

The most "pure" vape I have is my DIY Glass Symphony. 1 screen to hold the balls near the handle/air intake and another in the bowl. Excellent flavor, hits hard like any other heavy and is the cheapest vape I own.

There's a new thread with instructions for a mini-GS but I haven't checked the parts list to be honest.

SquirrelMaster,
Reactions: coolbreeze

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
The most "pure" vape I have is my DIY Glass Symphony. 1 screen to hold the balls near the handle/air intake and another in the bowl. Excellent flavor, hits hard like any other heavy and is the cheapest vape I own.

There's a new thread with instructions for a mini-GS but I haven't checked the parts list to be honest.
I agree with you although I think some folks on this thread would not like the heater cartridge in the airpath. I don't have a Glass Symphony but it seems quite similar to an Atlas is this way.

coolbreeze

Now that I think about it, I recall a glassblower making a vape heater that was a long tube all folded up in a sort of 2.5D flower shape with a flat side that could lay on a stove burner for heating. I think you picked it up by the stem when it was hot and fit it on/in an adapter loaded with herb like an injector. It looked cool as hell. I can't seem to find it now.

Edit: Found it!
il_fullxfull.79163780.jpg

I inquired about it once but he no longer makes them. If a glassblower makes one, I will buy it,

Last edited:

SquirrelMaster

I agree with you although I think some folks on this thread would not like the heater cartridge in the airpath. I don't have a Glass Symphony but it seems quite similar to an Atlas is this way.
The cartridge heater is not in the air path like the Atlas (another amazing and much better looking device). There is a piece, a glass thermometer adapter, that goes down into the y piece and it is what houses the cartridge heater. In the DIY parts list there is a plastic stopper that the cartridge heater slips through (I opted for a cork piece) and that sits about 1" higher and 10" horizontally away from the handle/air intake.

Top Bottom