UK CBD concentrate myth?

Silat

When the Facts Change, I Change My Mind.
I just wanna step in here and say that Isodiol are a seriously legit operation, I've contacted and found out how they make their CBD crystals and let me tell you, that level of isolation is seriously admirable. These guys are also an ISO registered lab IIRC.

The level of fractional distillation that they achieve from industrial hemp and the resultant purity of crystals basically renders the 'but it is from hemp' argument moot. This shit is high purity CBD with little else to measure - the same molecule is the same molecule after all - whether you dug out the needle in the haystack from industrial hemp, or extracted it more easily from a specially bred 3rd or later gen CBD chemovar.

I can't wait to be doing the same level of isolation later this year :D Sadly this is not knowledge I will be able to instruct others in since the costs of much of the necessary equipment are prohibitive let alone the risks for the uninitiated.

I value your opinion. I just took possession (Not Linda Blair style) of some Isodiol crystal. Going to give it a try tonight.

herbivore21

I value your opinion. I just took possession (Not Linda Blair style) of some Isodiol crystal. Going to give it a try tonight.
Nice work brother! Many thanks for the positive vibes and kind words too! Please do share pics/experiences when you check it out :D

Remember that straight CBD will have the best efficacy if you take it with some other earl/flowers to provide an ensemble effect with terps and THC. :)

Last edited:
herbivore21,
Reactions: Silat

herbivore21

Hey guys need some expert opinion .. (@herbivore21 ?)

What do you think of this?

https://www.thecurecbd.com/collections/all
Hey brother, happy to help! Looking at this one, it seems that there are no test COA's provided. In fact, very little information is given here as to extraction/isolation methods.

The price is also quite steep compared to the site Silat purchased from (who are a European provider). I'd try out Isodiol if I were you - save some funds :)

When I contacted isodiol a long way back they definitely satisfied me with their methods. I do not trust vendors outside of the US to mix in 'cannabis derived terpenes', nor most of those within the US doing the same as IME a large portion of those who sell terps are selling dubious shit.

I suggest to all folk who are ordering CBD from hemp over state lines (especially internationally) to avoid additional terpenes for one more reason. This is potentially gonna set detection dogs onto your package if any of that beta caryophyllene oxidizes during shipping (Caryophyllene Oxide, a decomposition byproduct of beta-caryophyllene is a frequently cited trigger compound for drug detection dogs). You do not want that attention being drawn to your package, at the very least it is likely to slow the delivery down. If you order material from an unscrupulous provider that turns out to have very small amounts of THC still left and dogs are triggered by the above, expect trouble with law enforcement depending on your country/state!

VapourHaze

Rexcornish on IG, Vaping since '02
Thanks @herbivore21 much appreciated. . I know that the person involved in the company is a uk based extracter ( he won the uk concentrate cup) and also sells this product. On his ig it says they use blue river terps and their own.

Checked out the isodiol page .. very professional will recommend to my friend with an ill mother to check them out.

My bro is after a cbd pen for sports recovery so maybe he might be worth checking out the cure cbd pens? Or better off with isodiol crystals in a proper oil pen.

Cheers bro

VapourHaze,

herbivore21

Thanks @herbivore21 much appreciated. . I know that the person involved in the company is a uk based extracter ( he won the uk concentrate cup) and also sells this product. On his ig it says they use blue river terps and their own.

Checked out the isodiol page .. very professional will recommend to my friend with an ill mother to check them out.

My bro is after a cbd pen for sports recovery so maybe he might be worth checking out the cure cbd pens? Or better off with isodiol crystals in a proper oil pen.

Cheers bro
I would suggest avoiding all ejuice tank style pens (we know these are frequently made of questionable materials and we also know that polymerization byproducts build up a whole lot in that kind of tank-based cart over the course of using the whole tank). I would especially avoid buying pre-mixed cbd ejuices. It is just too easy to have a lot of filler and not enough illness killer and without test COA's, you are putting too much down to trust in this scenario. Unfortunately, I am not sure that a UK based extractor can necessarily have their products legally tested...

Using a proper oil pen is a better idea, or even a flower vape with a concentrate pad like many have these days - obviously a nail will work a treat too lol

If you find a need to mix in terps with isolated CBD without using any THC (your bro's scenario), I would suggest getting your own blue river terpenes and go easy with the mix (a little bit of terps go a long way!). You should have no more than 20% of the total weight of your given formulation made up of terps as an absolute maximum. This is a sky-high terp level already and we don't wanna go beyond it to avoid possibly unsafe overall terp concentrations.

You can also use terps in as little as 5% of the total weight to great effect.

Note: working out terp concentrations by weight does not mean by volume. 1ml =/= (DOES NOT EQUAL) 1gram in this scenario and could lead to too much or too little terps). Obviously you will need very sensitive scales.

Hope this helps man :)

Silat

Nice work brother! Many thanks for the positive vibes and kind words too! Please do share pics/experiences when you check it out :D

Remember that straight CBD will have the best efficacy if you take it with some other earl/flowers to provide an ensemble effect with terps and THC. :)

:)
I see Blue River sells crystals with their terps already added. Yes you pay a premium for the mix but that might appeal to some. In fact I am going to try their mix when I make my next purchase.

Silat

Isodiol
The package (gram) I ordered was delivered in a few days. I am in Oregon USA.
Ordered on the 7th and delivered on the 10th.

"Order ID: ISOI-0000000000000000 (order # changed to protect the guilty)
"Order Date: 07 SEP 2016 03:05:36

I call that fast.

I have not tried it yet but will tonight.
It looks like very dry Whistler Mountain powder the kind that requires you to use a snorkel when skiing. :)
Not really flakes to the human eye, as much as very light fluff.
I am sure it is flakes under a microscope.

herbivore21

Isodiol
The package (gram) I ordered was delivered in a few days. I am in Oregon USA.
Ordered on the 7th and delivered on the 10th.

"Order ID: ISOI-0000000000000000 (order # changed to protect the guilty)
"Order Date: 07 SEP 2016 03:05:36

I call that fast.

I have not tried it yet but will tonight.
It looks like very dry Whistler Mountain powder the kind that requires you to use a snorkel when skiing. :)
Not really flakes to the human eye, as much as very light fluff.
I am sure it is flakes under a microscope.
Wow, talk about fast delivery!! I look forward to hearing of your results :D

Tell me, did it despatch from an overseas address or one within the US?

herbivore21,

Silat

Wow, talk about fast delivery!! I look forward to hearing of your results :D

Tell me, did it despatch from an overseas address or one within the US?

I had to go to through the recycling in order to find the damn envelope. :)
It came from Carlsbad, Ca. which explains the fast delivery.
It makes sense that they have a distributor in the USA.
I am pretty sure they have a good market here.

I just tried some on my SIC dish.
Temp 600 at the Gimido.
I just barely touched a 5 inch dabber with a paddle end
(these tools are great and the price is right.I asked for some customization and he was fine with that, Highly recommended.)
Paddle-Dabber

into the top of the snow (some will get that) and attracted what is way less than .001 in weight. A very tiny bit of dust. It stuck to the paddle because there was a negligible amount of Dr. Jolly's Kosher Nug Run http://www.jollybend.com/concentrates/ on the tip that acted as glue.
When I say negligible I mean just a bit of residue. Imagine how some make a Martini. They just wave the Vermouth bottle over the Gin. :)
I try not to touch my tool on the dish or the sides if possible. I let the heat melt it off. So just a very little bit of the concentrate was on the dabber.
Taste was neutral. Nothing good or bad. I did not taste the Nug Run as expected. The Nug Run by itself is really tasty.
Silat is my handle and Silat has been my game for many decades. You can google it.
My hips are sore from Silat, racquetball, hockey and my former business (retired) which was environmental engineer aka scrap dealer. :) I had some big yards and in my younger days moved a lot of barrels of scrap that weighed 500 lbs. Being short meant I put a lot of strain on my hips.
I still move well but have some pain. Not horrible like some.
I felt some relief within about 15 minutes. There is a bit of a high but it is not the THC kind of high. Although I am not sure if the dancing girls were really there or not. :)
Relaxing but not so much that I cannot get up and dance.
I could definitely use this (small amount) during the day and function perfectly.
I can tell that this product would be a great sleep aid (sedative) with higher doses, if one desired to use it for that. But Melatonin is more cost efficient if it works for you or big pharma meds if you have good insurance.
I do not use everyday and use very small amounts of product.
But I will update after I have used it a bit more if there is anything to tell.
Thanks again Herb.

herbivore21

I had to go to through the recycling in order to find the damn envelope. :)
It came from Carlsbad, Ca. which explains the fast delivery.
It makes sense that they have a distributor in the USA.
I am pretty sure they have a good market here.

I just tried some on my SIC dish.
Temp 600 at the Gimido.
I just barely touched a 5 inch dabber with a paddle end
(these tools are great and the price is right.I asked for some customization and he was fine with that, Highly recommended.)
Paddle-Dabber

into the top of the snow (some will get that) and attracted what is way less than .001 in weight. A very tiny bit of dust. It stuck to the paddle because there was a negligible amount of Dr. Jolly's Kosher Nug Run http://www.jollybend.com/concentrates/ on the tip that acted as glue.
When I say negligible I mean just a bit of residue. Imagine how some make a Martini. They just wave the Vermouth bottle over the Gin. :)
I try not to touch my tool on the dish or the sides if possible. I let the heat melt it off. So just a very little bit of the concentrate was on the dabber.
Taste was neutral. Nothing good or bad. I did not taste the Nug Run as expected. The Nug Run by itself is really tasty.
Silat is my handle and Silat has been my game for many decades. You can google it.
My hips are sore from Silat, racquetball, hockey and my former business (retired) which was environmental engineer aka scrap dealer. :) I had some big yards and in my younger days moved a lot of barrels of scrap that weighed 500 lbs. Being short meant I put a lot of strain on my hips.
I still move well but have some pain. Not horrible like some.
I felt some relief within about 15 minutes. There is a bit of a high but it is not the THC kind of high. Although I am not sure if the dancing girls were really there or not. :)
Relaxing but not so much that I cannot get up and dance.
I could definitely use this (small amount) during the day and function perfectly.
I can tell that this product would be a great sleep aid (sedative) with higher doses, if one desired to use it for that. But Melatonin is more cost efficient if it works for you or big pharma meds if you have good insurance.
I do not use everyday and use very small amounts of product.
But I will update after I have used it a bit more if there is anything to tell.
Thanks again Herb.
Fascinating, and definitely nice to have the right tools for these powdered-crystal type consistencies (look at my avatar at a pic of my usual meds to see why I need such tools lol). Traditional dabbers definitely are less useful for these consistencies unless we use some other errl as glue like you say ;)

Glad to hear you are getting good results here! Always a great pleasure to assist, my friend :)

One thing I should say is that I have found and many others like me agree that CBD requires a higher temp for dabbing than other meds. I have always found I have to raise the temp to nearly nail-cleaning temps with CBD based oils to get that nice cherry flavor profile. Lower temps were almost tasteless lol.

Silat

Fascinating, and definitely nice to have the right tools for these powdered-crystal type consistencies (look at my avatar at a pic of my usual meds to see why I need such tools lol). Traditional dabbers definitely are less useful for these consistencies unless we use some other errl as glue like you say ;)

Glad to hear you are getting good results here! Always a great pleasure to assist, my friend :)

One thing I should say is that I have found and many others like me agree that CBD requires a higher temp for dabbing than other meds. I have always found I have to raise the temp to nearly nail-cleaning temps with CBD based oils to get that nice cherry flavor profile. Lower temps were almost tasteless lol.

Higher temps? Ok. I will give that a go and see if the crystals taste like my first kiss with Gloria back in 7th grade. Her lips were cherry red. :)

Is that "sugar"?

I just play this while vaping:

VapourHaze

Rexcornish on IG, Vaping since '02
I would suggest avoiding all ejuice tank style pens (we know these are frequently made of questionable materials and we also know that polymerization byproducts build up a whole lot in that kind of tank-based cart over the course of using the whole tank). I would especially avoid buying pre-mixed cbd ejuices. It is just too easy to have a lot of filler and not enough illness killer and without test COA's, you are putting too much down to trust in this scenario. Unfortunately, I am not sure that a UK based extractor can necessarily have their products legally tested...

Using a proper oil pen is a better idea, or even a flower vape with a concentrate pad like many have these days - obviously a nail will work a treat too lol

If you find a need to mix in terps with isolated CBD without using any THC (your bro's scenario), I would suggest getting your own blue river terpenes and go easy with the mix (a little bit of terps go a long way!). You should have no more than 20% of the total weight of your given formulation made up of terps as an absolute maximum. This is a sky-high terp level already and we don't wanna go beyond it to avoid possibly unsafe overall terp concentrations.

You can also use terps in as little as 5% of the total weight to great effect.

Note: working out terp concentrations by weight does not mean by volume. 1ml =/= (DOES NOT EQUAL) 1gram in this scenario and could lead to too much or too little terps). Obviously you will need very sensitive scales.

Hope this helps man :)

Thanks @herbivore21 appreciate your thorough response and thoughts. Much appreciated :) We're lucky to have you here at fc. Cheers

jimfish4130

Has anybody in the uk bought cbd crystals somewhere other than isodiol?

Shipping from them shows up as more than twice the cost of 1g

jimfish4130,

jimfish4130

A thread @HellsWindStaff made earlier reminded me to post this here

I'm in a CBD group on facebook and one of the companies recommend there is Synergy of Nature synergyofnature.co.uk, they do isolate and CBD crumbles with terpenes and I recently got a bottle of hemp extract & coconut oil from them for my mum to try (fibromyalgia)

Any else heard of them?

Last edited:
jimfish4130,

mouse

Since looking for CBD oil to help with my Mums cancer, i have been recommended the CBD Brothers about 5 times. These are people who've done a lot research and need the product to be as pure and chemical free as possible. Does anyone else have experience of the product from these guys?

Hi,

Yes I have been using CBD Brothers CBD 16.4% Paste for about a year or so and it is the best I have tried in terms of flavour (as in I can taste the terpenes) and also the best effect. I have recommended it to many people ( shared with about 20-30) and 9 out of 10 of them have had a noticeable and positive experience. I have not tried Endoca but I have used Cbd plus oil Gold and Green versions, 99% Cbd crystals, 60-80% resin/wax and some others that aren't springing to mind.

Overall in my experience CBD Brothers Purple 16.4% CBD paste is the best. When I vaporise the paste it gives me a high energy feeling/energy boost and when I use orally under the tongue it gives more of a focused calming effect without feeling sedated. Of course this all varies depending on dosage and from person to person (Although.

I have always received my order on time which is next day delivery before 1pm or 2pm I think. The only slight issue I have had is that the last batch I bought did not have the same strong pinene aroma or flavour, which must mean it contained very little. Whereas all my previous orders of that paste were consistent in flavour and effect. They do state that they receive new batches every week so i suppose a slight variation from time to time is unavoidable. I have also tried their paste blended with hemp oil, I like the taste reminds me a lot of quality female flowers but I have noticed that I get a slight mental dulling from it, which is an effect I am not keen on. This could be due to the higher CBD content but then I didn't notice the same effect from any of the very high CBD concentrates that I have experienced. So it I think it is either due to the sativa strain a opposed to the indica and/or it was the hemp seed oil. Conclusion is I highly recommend the 16.4% paste over all others that I have tried.

mouse,

herbalist33

Hi,

Yes I have been using CBD Brothers CBD 16.4% Paste for about a year or so and it is the best I have tried in terms of flavour (as in I can taste the terpenes) and also the best effect. I have recommended it to many people ( shared with about 20-30) and 9 out of 10 of them have had a noticeable and positive experience. I have not tried Endoca but I have used Cbd plus oil Gold and Green versions, 99% Cbd crystals, 60-80% resin/wax and some others that aren't springing to mind.

Overall in my experience CBD Brothers Purple 16.4% CBD paste is the best. When I vaporise the paste it gives me a high energy feeling/energy boost and when I use orally under the tongue it gives more of a focused calming effect without feeling sedated. Of course this all varies depending on dosage and from person to person (Although.

I have always received my order on time which is next day delivery before 1pm or 2pm I think. The only slight issue I have had is that the last batch I bought did not have the same strong pinene aroma or flavour, which must mean it contained very little. Whereas all my previous orders of that paste were consistent in flavour and effect. They do state that they receive new batches every week so i suppose a slight variation from time to time is unavoidable. I have also tried their paste blended with hemp oil, I like the taste reminds me a lot of quality female flowers but I have noticed that I get a slight mental dulling from it, which is an effect I am not keen on. This could be due to the higher CBD content but then I didn't notice the same effect from any of the very high CBD concentrates that I have experienced. So it I think it is either due to the sativa strain a opposed to the indica and/or it was the hemp seed oil. Conclusion is I highly recommend the 16.4% paste over all others that I have tried.

I was intrigued by cbd brothers paste after reading your post, and just looked them up- you REALLY should not be vaporising that stuff. It's only 16% cbd meaning the other 84% could be anything at all. When you read there nutritional info for the paste per 10ml, they state there is 10g of fat!!!!! You should never vape any oils/lipids, it can cause serious problems with your lungs.

Peace

mouse

I was intrigued by cbd brothers paste after reading your post, and just looked them up- you REALLY should not be vaporising that stuff. It's only 16% cbd meaning the other 84% could be anything at all. When you read there nutritional info for the paste per 10ml, they state there is 10g of fat!!!!! You should never vape any oils/lipids, it can cause serious problems with your lungs.

Peace

Thanks for the information. I was somewhat aware that the fat content/amino acids are not good when combusted or inhaled, but most things aren't. Due to the nature of fats I assume they are more volatile and less safe. I mostly use under the tongue. Thanks for getting in touch.

mouse,

svgaia

No worries, we all get the wrong end of the stick from time to time, after all we are all pot heads ;)

My mum uses the tincture (tastes like shit apparently), but to no affect.

Though she was put on other medication due to chest infection, so stopped taking it as she was concerned with potential interaction side effect, so is going to start again after the other medication has finished. Especially as it cost £50.00 for the bottle.

So far it hasn't been effective for her, she has nerve damage in her neck, they believe the vertebrae in the neck had been crushing the nerves for years and had an operation to put metal plates in her neck to open up the vertebrae and relive the nerves, but although the op was successful (10% chance of being paralysed from the neck down for the rest of her life!), the pain persists, which the docs say is permanent nerve damage.

She says the pain can be so bad some days, she has considered having an operation to cut the nerves in her arm, making the arm totally useless, but hopefully pain free, very drastic indeed!

It was made worse when she had Chemo therapy due to lymphoma, one of the nerve agents in the concoction attacked the metal plates in her neck and nearly pushed her over the edge for a plane ticket to Switzerland!

I'm hoping once she starts the CBD oil again, she will receive some pain relief, but currently it's not been working.

That's why your thread caught my attention, as the holy grail in full cannabis benefits without the buzz, is what I seek for my Mum in a desperate attempt to relieve her pain.

She unfortunately like me doesn't get on with pharmaceutical pain killers, they don't work, they just make us feel ill and the pain persists.
No worries, we all get the wrong end of the stick from time to time, after all we are all pot heads ;)

My mum uses the tincture (tastes like shit apparently), but to no affect.

Though she was put on other medication due to chest infection, so stopped taking it as she was concerned with potential interaction side effect, so is going to start again after the other medication has finished. Especially as it cost £50.00 for the bottle.

So far it hasn't been effective for her, she has nerve damage in her neck, they believe the vertebrae in the neck had been crushing the nerves for years and had an operation to put metal plates in her neck to open up the vertebrae and relive the nerves, but although the op was successful (10% chance of being paralysed from the neck down for the rest of her life!), the pain persists, which the docs say is permanent nerve damage.

She says the pain can be so bad some days, she has considered having an operation to cut the nerves in her arm, making the arm totally useless, but hopefully pain free, very drastic indeed!

It was made worse when she had Chemo therapy due to lymphoma, one of the nerve agents in the concoction attacked the metal plates in her neck and nearly pushed her over the edge for a plane ticket to Switzerland!

I'm hoping once she starts the CBD oil again, she will receive some pain relief, but currently it's not been working.

That's why your thread caught my attention, as the holy grail in full cannabis benefits without the buzz, is what I seek for my Mum in a desperate attempt to relieve her pain.

She unfortunately like me doesn't get on with pharmaceutical pain killers, they don't work, they just make us feel ill and the pain persists.
Hi, pardon me if I'm being intrusive but I read on this old thread about your mum and wondered if she had ever been prescribed Lyrica (Pregabalin) for her paresthesia. Her spinal cord damage sounds like mine in fact I'm about to have a similar op to hers removing three crumbling vertebrae from my neck as they're increasing my pain and paralysis. I'm on cocodomol, morphine and Lyrica, but Lyrica is the one I never miss taking as I would be bedridden and screaming without it. It targets neural pain specifically and is prescribed to epileptics as well. It's brilliant and (for me) doesn't have the side effects that the others do.. Anyway, hope your mum's feeling a bit better and if not maybe try Lyrica, I'd be contemplating Switzerland too without it!

svgaia,
Reactions: 1DMF

1DMF

Old School Cheesy Quaver
Hi, pardon me if I'm being intrusive but I read on this old thread about your mum and wondered if she had ever been prescribed Lyrica (Pregabalin) for her paresthesia. Her spinal cord damage sounds like mine in fact I'm about to have a similar op to hers removing three crumbling vertebrae from my neck as they're increasing my pain and paralysis. I'm on cocodomol, morphine and Lyrica, but Lyrica is the one I never miss taking as I would be bedridden and screaming without it. It targets neural pain specifically and is prescribed to epileptics as well. It's brilliant and (for me) doesn't have the side effects that the others do.. Anyway, hope your mum's feeling a bit better and if not maybe try Lyrica, I'd be contemplating Switzerland too without it!

Thanks for talking the time to post. it's very thoughtful of you, I've asked her about Lyrica and will let you know.

1DMF,

1DMF

Old School Cheesy Quaver
@svgaia I've had a reply from my Mum...

Hi: Thanks for this. I was given Pregabalin. I only took one lot in the evening… The following morning I nearly fell down the stairs. I was supposed to take them 3 times a day. I happened to be seeing the specialist that day and basically said these probably effect your brain and difficult to function. Do you get used to them ? The answer confirmed what I thought about all serious pain killers – they don’t actually kill pain they just numb your brain which means you are off with the fairies. I have come to the conclusion that no serious pain killer, kills pain and allows you to function normally ! I said I couldn’t live my life like that.

I have seen another specialist, they are going to do more tests. Might be possible for injections – although the last time I had injections in my neck I reacted badly. Also possible an operation, but even if it is possible it would be dangerous. Not sure yet of outcome until they have done more tests. I go for a special scan on 18th April and they inject me with “dye”.

I don’t think her op was the same as mine ? They cracked open my vertebrae which were crushing my spinal cord and held them open with rods/screws. The problem is that my damaged nerves did not recover…

I don’t know how she manages taking that concoction of pills. Cocodomol makes me violently sick and I can only take morphine in small doses – sends you off with the fairies and after a while makes me sick.

Shame it wasn't the magic bullet I had hoped for!

1DMF,

David369

I have recently tried canaxen for there cbd pils as there are so many stories from there products and i cant say it let me down at all! Awesome stuff

David369,

stancubog

I don't want to have a high that makes my mind state change in the way that THC does. SO that I can go about my daily chores. I want to feel relaxed but not high. CBD I think offers this.

So I ordered some CBD gold e-liquid and a Joyetech Evic mini, as an impulsive buy. @herbivore21 was saying not to mix CBD concentrate down with anything extra you don't need; and I agree with that. But to be honest I need something I can puff on continuously, not just the odd dab.

I have to say I thought this CBD liquids effects would be hard to notice, if at all, but the effects are quite clear to me. Although the CBD Gold e-liquid taste isn't the most delicious thing i've tasted, and the device I'm using to vape it is cheap, I can see that this is what I wanted. And for sure worth me following through and upgrading. Next I'll need to find the best liquid to carry the CBD and also get a good quality device.

Edit: Seems more suitable for me to continue this adventure in this thread instead... http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/m...effective-cheap-easy.6287/page-36#post-904626

Why don't you try Love Hemp? The brand is more and more popular in the UK and thy are manufactured here. https://cbdcannabisoil.co.uk/product/love-hemp-cbd-e-liquid-2

stancubog,
Top Bottom