U.P. Michigan shops? And Durban Poison experience?

MinnBobber

Hi,
I’m in MN and getting more disgusted with our shitty medical program.
They have had the same old boring 8 strains for forever.

Now they ad Durban Dream (cross of Durban Poison and Blue Dream) which sounds great.
$50 for 1/8 so
$400 / oz.
This could be a strain I want an oz of but yikes$

Any UP folks on here?
Any shops in Ironwood or close beyond that have
great quality flower?
What kind of prices?

P.S. anyone tried Durban Poison?? Report?
I have wanted to try Durban Poison for years and this is the closest I have found.

Thanks for any help/ suggestions!

MinnBobber,
Reactions: GetLeft

Madtater

I love the durban poison.

They have 2 strengths here in CT/MA area. I opted for the lower one (comes in at just under 13%) because it is one of those strains you can dose all day with without feeling weighed down.

It is also one of the tastiest strains i have had in recent history.

I try to have some durban poison on hand all the time as it isnt too difficult to find.

I would definitely grab a little to try if i were you!

2tiki

I've only had Durban poison and blue dream as separate flower, and from west coast sources, but they are 2 of my favorites. So at least it's a good start. Do you have to pay tax on top of those prices? it had better be really high end for that price, or rather it would have to be for that price out where I live. Sounds like there isn't much competition yet where you live. That would get the price down.

Principal Guy

Hey MinnBobber, I have been enjoying the Durban Dream at Green Goods in Minnesota. Think I like the Gator Breath the best among the newest strains. I have tried them ALL in this crappy medical state in which we live!!!
I think UP-Michigan prices have gone up lately for some reason. Been thinking of making the trek north but weather has been spotty and the older I get the less I like winter driving!!!

PS The best Durban poison I’ve had is from a dispensary in Denver, L’eagle. Consistently good quality at this place but a ways from UP-Michigan!!! Also expensive at $300/oz!!! I call DP my “house cleaning” strain.

Principal Guy

If our state government can get its act together and legalize cannabis AND allow home growing, I think I might consider growing my own. Old guy here who likes to follow the rules! On the other hand, if the professionals in this state can’t seem to figure out how to grow decent cannabis for medical patients, what chance do I have with my brown thumb???

Principal Guy,
Reactions: MinnBobber

MinnBobber

@Principal Guy thanks. All the local Green Goods seem to be out of Jungle Breath.

Have you tried the ground Durban Dream at $63 for 7 gm vs the flower DD at $50 for 3.5 g?

I have only done flower but that ground price is tempting.

@2tiki , Minnesota has only two companies, two monopolies as the state divides the territory and gives each their own turf……kind of like the Chicago mobs during Prohibition. There is no incentive for lowering prices.
There is no tax but we pay $200 /year to State Health Dept + Dr visit $$ to get paperwork .

Getting closer to legal adult with limited home grow , hoping it happens.

MinnBobber,
Reactions: 2tiki

Principal Guy

@Principal Guy thanks. All the local Green Goods seem to be out of Jungle Breath.

Have you tried the ground Durban Dream at $63 for 7 gm vs the flower DD at $50 for 3.5 g?

I have only done flower but that ground price is tempting.

@2tiki , Minnesota has only two companies, two monopolies as the state divides the territory and gives each their own turf……kind of like the Chicago mobs during Prohibition. There is no incentive for lowering prices.
There is no tax but we pay $200 /year to State Health Dept + Dr visit $$ to get paperwork .

Getting closer to legal adult with limited home grow , hoping it happens.
Figures they would be out of Gator Breath already!
Two things I never buy at the dispensary, shake or pre-rolls. Only purchase the buds, large as possible!

GetLeft

Dang that's a steep price for a ⅛ if no taxes are included. Somebody's making some money. I pay a bit less for good but super-taxed PA product. And steep prices for the yearly re-up, too. I thought PA was a bit steep but you have us beat.

I do my best to have Durban on hand at all times. That and Sour Diesel and MTF and Lamb's Breath if I'm lucky enough to be able to do so (fwiw). Just recently picked up a ¼ of Blue Dream to cover my hybrid needs. First go 'round with it and definitely love it. It and Durban are two different strains for sure but I bet they get along quite nicely together.

darbarikanada

Durban poison originates in S. Africa; it's quite cerebral, might be the same as S. African weed I smoked decades ago that the guy who'd brought it from S. Africa called 'South African tripping grass'. that description was spot-on: it was all in the head, no body high - I felt like I was tripping. my recent experience with locally produced Durban poison is that it's quite energizing and somewhat creative. if I want a better creative strain, I prefer Jack Herer, Cinderella 99, or (harder to find) Kali Mist. Durban's not as jittery as green crack, but it's up there. hope that helps.

Blargedy

I had some really good luck with The Fire Station in Houghton as well as the one in Marquette. Prices seemed decent for what I am used to. Sadly I never stopped in Ironwood or anywhere in that area.

stinkytofus

dispensaries and illegal shops in nyc has been underwhelming for me, either my tolerance too high or they selling a bunch of lows and mids

stinkytofus,

Commander Cody

Durban Poison is about as close to a pure sativa as you’re going to find. Worthwhile just to try a real sativa. Tasty

Commander Cody,
Reactions: MinnBobber
Top Bottom