Two New Vapes From 7th Floor

Abu

Hey all, so i've been looking for a portable unit, and i saw this thread http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?pid=56612#p56612 and it piqued my interest in a portable from 7th floor so i emailed them and this is what they said.

"Hi Abu, we are working on a portable. We were going to battery operated, but got vape owes us about $50k and they are trying to put us out of business. So we are going to come out in about 2-4 months we will have a corded portable. It kinda sucks, but it is still very very portable and with a 10' power cord it will be good.
We are also working an an all glass vaporizer that uses a torch to work. It works just like the SSV, no butane. This also should be out in 2-4 months. We have to work on more glass workers for this one."

I don't think i want a corded portable vape but its pretty cool that they're releasing 2 new vapes almost simultaneously. Anyone have any pics or videos?

Abu,

lwien

Why would 7th floor tell a complete stranger about their internal business issues with one of their distributors? It serves absolutely no purpose for them to do that and in fact, could put them in legal jeopardy.

Also, to me, a corded portable is an oxymoron. If a vape "requires" an AC cord to operate, how is it portable?

This all seems more than a bit sketchy to me.

lwien,
You know, I was going to say something along the same lines and held off, but since you opened the door ...

Seriously, the first statement he "quoted" is actionable and the rest is filled with vagaries and "third hand" info.

Corded portable ... lol. Does having a 20 ft-cord make my vacuum a portable too?

Howie Feltersnatch,

stinkmeaner

My guess on what they ment by a corded portable is that they will make a "PD like" handheld, just a guess.

It would be strange in the regular business world for a company to air out their dirty laundry in public but then again we are dealing with MJ paraphernalia from an E-store.

stinkmeaner,

lwien

stinkmeaner said:
It would be strange in the regular business world for a company to air out their dirty laundry in public but then again we are dealing with MJ paraphernalia from an E-store.
Yeah, but..........that's just common sense, no?

lwien,

aero18

vaporist
stinkmeaner said:
True but sometimes common sense isn't so common.
Especially when emotions are running high.

I tend to let a few words slip when something is really bothering me to people that are not involved whatsoever. Sure, this may be gossip but when my problems get recognized, I feel better.

He's just letting off some steam. We are all people with problems of our own, and when something really distress us it helps to tell other people even if they are random strangers. Empathy binds us all.

In this sense, I don't see why people are fretting over this. :peace:

aero18,

Abu

If you don't believe me email them. I cant see what reason i could possibly have to make up a story like that about a company that i support(my only vape is an SSV and i love it, it melts my face off some nights), can you? If you can, humor me please. I can kinda see where you're coming from, it is weird they just threw that out there, but the ONLY things i changed in the quotes are my name, to abu, and they spelled 'also' wrong. I really am sorry if i came off as a troll or whatever, I just wanted to share some news about a company that I'm interested in and judging from that other thread I wasn't the only one curious about 'portable' unit from 7th Floor.
p.s. I have been drinking so im sorry if this came off as rude or anything like that, I really tried my best to read it through so I don't sound like an asshat, but we were having a 'heated discussion' at the party, so im kinda in argument mode

Abu,
Abu,

It isn't that no one believes you. It is that a company is sharing (what should be) very private and sensitive information with a potential customer for no apparent reason, other than conversation.

The statement that "so and so owes us $50K and is trying to put us out of business" is potentially libelous, slanderous and otherwise legally actionable. It is very unusual for a company to tell that to anyone not directly connected to one of the two companies. It is also extremely unprofessional and could cost them the ability to recover what is owed to them. Any lawyer will tell you that you keep your mouth shut about things like that.

I personally would never deal with a company that is so petty that they are unable to keep their dirty laundry to themselves. You can be pretty well assured that if they take security and confidentiality with another business so lightly - they will not be as concerned as they should be with yours. There is very little difference between them saying that to you and them giving a list of their customers to authorities in paraphernalia-regulated or non-MMJ states.

Confidentiality is confidentiality.

The fact that they refer to a corded device as "portable" is just a humorous addendum.

Howie Feltersnatch,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
Abu (OP) - Hey all, so i've been looking for a portable unit, and i saw this thread http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic 612#p56612 and it piqued my interest in a portable from 7th floor so i emailed them and this is what they said.

"Hi Abu, we are working on a portable. We were going to battery operated, but got vape owes us about $50k and they are trying to put us out of business. So we are going to come out in about 2-4 months we will have a corded portable. It kinda sucks, but it is still very very portable and with a 10' power cord it will be good.
We are also working an an all glass vaporizer that uses a torch to work. It works just like the SSV, no butane. This also should be out in 2-4 months. We have to work on more glass workers for this one."

I don't think i want a corded portable vape but its pretty cool that they're releasing 2 new vapes almost simultaneously. Anyone have any pics or videos?
Someone had to quote it so it didn't get edited.

I like "We are also working an an all glass vaporizer that uses a torch to work. It works just like the SSV, no butane" as well. :hmm: a torch with no butane? :hmm: what a concept! :lol: And, I still can't figure out how to get butane into my SSV. :p I had no idea! :rofl:

I don't know you, so can not make any presumptions about your integrity. However, I feel that the message you posted on behalf reflects poorly upon the customer service staff of 7th floor, as it makes no sense whatsoever (or it is fabricated and merely libel).

On a side note, some of these early announcements with constant delays are pretty annoying IMO. It comes off somewhat like an attempt to keep people who are on-the-fence about similar units waiting with false hopes (or poor judgment).

I wish that someone from 7th floor would stop by to clear some of this up (or at least someone like Tokin if no rep from 7th floor would). :rolleyes:

Oh yeah...guess I gotta drop these :2c: ;)

Progress,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
... a corded portable ...
That could describe the Bud Toaster, too. It is definitely a portable, because it is battery powered, but there is a cord because the battery pack is just too heavy to be part of the hand-held vape unit itself.

It will take the next generation of LiFePo4 batteries before they are light enough and still have the capacity to be integrated as a single unit.

Hippie Dickie,
Hippie Dickie said:
... a corded portable ...
That could describe the Bud Toaster, too. It is definitely a portable, because it is battery powered, but there is a cord because the battery pack is just too heavy to be part of the hand-held vape unit itself.

It will take the next generation of LiFePo4 batteries before they are light enough and still have the capacity to be integrated as a single unit.
I am not trying to derail the thread - not that that is a bad idea ;) - but I am also anxious to see LiPoly being used in the vaporizing industry. I use e-cigs and the little NiCad batteries are small but still heavy so they will never really "feel" like a cig.

For crying out loud, I have an R/C plane that can run for a solid 10-minutes on a tiny LiPo battery. We should sure as hell be able to get a rechargeable one that is the size of a pack of smokes that will let you vape all day in a suitably-engineered device.

Howie Feltersnatch,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
...run for a solid 10-minutes on a tiny LiPo battery...
well, it's all a matter of power consumption, eh? i can only get 30 to 40 minutes on two A123Systems batteries because the Bud Toaster is pulling 70 watts on full throttle before dropping back to about 15 watts while maintaining vape temp.

But that's what it takes to be able to handle several big hit without dropping the temp.

Hippie Dickie,

mnmlh

Abu said:
It kinda sucks, but it is still very very portable and with a 10' power cord it will be good.
Rule #1: Don't say your up and coming product "kinda sucks." :lol:

mnmlh,

lwien

Howie Feltersnatch said:
I personally would never deal with a company that is so petty that they are unable to keep their dirty laundry to themselves.
The whole quote is just so odd on so many different levels that either one of three things are happening here. Either Abu just made all this shit up, or a 7th Floor Sales Rep went rogue, or.............7th Floor went off the deep end and totally forgot that they are "supposed" to be a professionally run business. If it's the latter, it's a sad state of affairs for a company that I once held in pretty high regard.

lwien,

SSS

mmj patient under siege by the obama admin
since abu's intention was to talk about new products i find it hard to believe he made the e-mail up.

SSS,

vap999

We may be expecting too much from startup vaporizer companies. Most just don't collectively have the resources and business expertise/savviness one would hope they would have (or need).

Many vaporizer startups are just one or a few person operations, with some or many run part-time by people with real full-time jobs. Very few startups have the capital ($), equipment and expertise really needed to really follow through fully with R&D, production, business management and marketing.

It is very likely that these are the first companies that vaporizer company founders have managed, with most founders having no real business or management training and experience to start with. Because of the nature of these products, including their being associated with illegal use (and likely often their personal use by those within these companies, including on company time), lack of experience and resources and the small size of these companies, many lack polish and sophistication in various aspects of their operations. Some founders/owners also appear to be lacking in communications, particularly writing, skills, with this often noticeable in FC responses and marketing materials.

Add in that many founders/owners are too emotionally bound up with their company, taking/making everything personal rather than being impersonal and objective, and one can expect a good amount of irrational (why'd would any company or anybody ever do that?) behavior from vaporizer startups. Founders/owners all too often make inane blunders and missteps, often resulting in discourse on FC.

[These comments are made in a broad, generic sense. None of my comments are directed to any specific company or person].

vap999,

lwien

vap999 said:
We may be expecting too much from startup vaporizer companies.
They are an LLC that has been in business for over 5 years with longstanding relationships with various distributors. They "should" know better.

lwien,
vap999 said:
Snip-

It is very likely that these are the first companies that vaporizer company founders have managed, with most founders having no real business or management training and experience to start with. Because of the nature of these products, including their being associated with illegal use (and likely often their personal use by those within these companies, including on company time), lack of experience and resources and the small size of these companies, many lack polish and sophistication in various aspects of their operations. Some founders/owners also appear to be lacking in communications, particularly writing, skills, with this often noticeable in FC responses and marketing materials.

Add in that many founders/owners are too emotionally bound up with their company, taking/making everything personal rather than being impersonal and objective, and one can expect a good amount of irrational (why'd would any company or anybody ever do that?) behavior from vaporizer startups. Founders/owners all too often make inane blunders and missteps, often resulting in discourse on FC.

[These comments are made in a broad, generic sense. None of my comments are directed to any specific company or person].
That is an extremely keen and insightful analysis.

Why should we expect companies making products for stoners, run by stoners and employing stoners to be polished and professional businesses?:cool:

Answer: Because we would like for them to stay in business.

Anyone who thinks this may be directed at them, it is.:|

Howie Feltersnatch,

B.

War Criminal
At of the risk of helping derail this thread...I say who cares about the odd quote. Maybe it was a joke gone bad that we didn't get. Or maybe it was one employee that made a genuine blunder. It's not like the entire 7th floor team got together and carefully constructed this email knowing that we would one day be hearing about it. The bottom line is they are not a secret keeping company, they are a vaporizer company. And they make bad ass vaporizers. So talk about whatever you want when you email people, just as long as you can keep up the good work.

B.,

lwien

B. said:
At of the risk of helping derail this thread...I say who cares about the odd quote. Maybe it was a joke gone bad that we didn't get. Or maybe it was one employee that made a genuine blunder. It's not like the entire 7th floor team got together and carefully constructed this email knowing that we would one day be hearing about it. The bottom line is they are not a secret keeping company, they are a vaporizer company. And they make bad ass vaporizers. So talk about whatever you want when you email people, just as long as you can keep up the good work.
But there is so much more in running a successful business than just making a good product. There's been some great products that have been produced that no longer exist because of business blunders.

7th Floor has been having some major issues in the customer service area that has been going on for some time, but that has been chalked off to growing pains by some including myself, but I think it may be more systemic than that. Now if this email quote is legit, than it just adds to their possible woes. I too think they make great product, and I would very much like them to continue to make great product, and it is for that reason that I would very much like to see them get their shit together.

So when you say, ", talk about whatever you want when you email people, just as long as you can keep up the good work", I really hope that they don't take that advice because good communication with their suppliers, distributors and customers is paramount to their existence which is true for ANY manufacturing company, including 7th Floor.

That email posted in the OP may have just been a fluke made by some random customer service rep that should be bitch slapped. I hope so.

lwien,

Abu

Well i got another email from them and they explained the whole gotvape thing, but I'm not sure if I should post it up or not. It's really not even what this thread was supposed to be about.

Abu,

lwien

Better yet, being that they are being so forthright with you and communicating to you their internal business issues, I suggest that you ask them to directly communicate here what is going on. I'd like to hear what is going on with gotvape and their new, upcoming portables directly from the source.

lwien,
lwien said:
Better yet, being that they are being so forthright with you and communicating to you their internal business issues, I suggest that you ask them to directly communicate here what is going on. I'd like to hear what is going on with gotvape and their new, upcoming portables directly from the source.
You have to wonder if they are aware that Abu is publicizing their "private" troubles.

Howie Feltersnatch,
Top Bottom