Turning E-Cig into a dry vapor?

Trey

I may be wrong with all this, it's late and I've been up for a long time, but I was thinking of an idea on turning a Blu cigs e-cig into a dry bud vapor (I've seen that you can turn one into a liquid vape, but I don't want to deal with making the concentrate).

Okay so what I've found so far is:

The atomizer is what produces the heat in the e-cig
THC burns around 365 degrees F
Nicotine's boiling point is around 524 degrees F

With all that being said, if the atomizer can heat up to boil the nicotine to vapor, the thc from bud will also be burnt off.

If I were to find a way to remove the outer cover, cover the atomizer to keep the bud from being in direct contact (preventing combustion) would I be able to burn thc vapor from the e-cig?

Also, I heard a man in Florida was smoking an e-cig and it blew up in his face from modifying it himself. If someone that knows anything about the incident and how it happened would you let me know if my attempt to modify would result in the same action? I'd rather keep my teeth and tongue.

Thanks all! Let me know what you think. :)

Trey,

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
e-cig atomizers/cartomizer are designed to rely on the e-liquid to keep them cool and from burning out (which is why if you power puff on them you get that dreaded burnt atty taste - or it just pops). It is, after-all, just a filament type heating coil. So I can't see it working with dry material at all (or not for very long anyway).

Regarding the exploding e-cig story..... here's some information: http://blog.casaa.org/2012/02/facts-about-exploding-e-cigarettes-from.html

smokum,
Reactions: Lo

max

Out to lunch
I've seen that you can turn one into a liquid vape
Since this is what's being done, by companies, that should tell you that this is the way to go, and not trying to mod in order to use bud.

max,

spanner

Would it be possible to have two cartidges in one e-cig pen , one for e-liquid to produce the clouds that we feel we need and another designed to vape bud at a lower temp thus preserving the use of the herb.

I have been thinking about this for some time and was about to start a thread when I saw this.
Something like the Atmos Nuke but one chamber Herb and the other e-juice>?

spanner,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
evidently not. and not for lack of trying. there are a fuckton of companies in this market space and not one has succeeded at using an e-cig to vaporize dry herb. there evidently needs to be a new heater technology.

u bwade wunner

I was thinking of an idea on turning a Blu cigs e-cig into a dry bud vapor
I often wondered this too.wth eliquid and oil,its pretty much like a nail.it basically incinerates the liquid wheter it be ejuice or thc oil and turns it to vapor

the heating coil which is essentialy a tiny coil of resistance wire in the ecig atomizer gets red hot and is in direct contact eith the oil/ejuice and turns it instantly into vapor.

To get a dry herb cart to work you would need to isolate that red hot coil heat and either channel in through baffles or heat a conduction chamber which i think is what the thermovape does.and pax and inhalater and the puffit do.

the universe adapter i think its called is a dry herb cart but what I ve seen so far it produces ok vapor but pulls so heavily on the battery.I dont think its efficient.and what looked like heavy battery use hitting it.early days though

but you are definitely onto something,i see big things happening in the pencil vape market.there is a lot of rubbish items out there too that use ecig technology but no one has channelled that power effectively for a dry herb cart.

examples that work very well are the pax and the inhalator and the puff it vape.They all use 18650 batteries,ok maybe different element style but it is happening.From what I ve seen and studied its hard to fault the pax and the inhalater as members will testify they work well.

I enjoyed thermovape too but was put off by the short battery lifespan.but that unit broke ground and it will be improved upon.

I ve said it before Vaporization will change medical practice.Its going to knock it sideways and it already is.We are lucky to be in amongst it so early.our medicine cabinet is all around us growing.I use an abundance of herbs in my vapes and I m conducting studies as to the effects.It is fascinating.When I found FC it was a eureka moment.It was like I m in.what a community!

The early egyptians got it right,their hookah is a vaporizer,not a smoke pipe at all.

I heard a man in Florida was smoking an e-cig and it blew up in his face from modifying it himself. If someone that knows anything about the incident and how it happened would you let me know if my attempt to modify would result in the same action?

i think he was using unprotected batteries and the battery got hot and blew up.Most ecigs now use protected Li batteries and have vents in the battery case so if they do explode they explode away from your e face.again dodgy devices are out there, issues arising from shorting batteries or being overused/mistreated.I use an ecig every day and have had no issues touch wood.

Top Bottom