RelaxedNow

My Dual arrived today. It took 8 days to get to the Seattle area. Not bad IMO.

I just got home, so I haven’t had an opportunity to try it out yet. Of course, I’m expecting it to be exactly like my Tubo, aside from swapping batteries less frequently. I think I’ll check it out now. :)

Gray Area

Just wanted to say how much I :love: the PA for my og tubo.
If you're inclined to be sitting at a computer or on a sofa a lot, or use your tubo mainly in one spot I can highly recommend it :nod:

100% battery displayed all the time... it certainly makes using it on demand a much better experience for me (not that it wasn't good already), every button press is like having a freshly charged battery.

Very happy :tup:

I had the option of getting the single battery compartment of my dual converted to pa use with a dummy battery. I decided not to as I had my single battery ver already, but that'd be a great option for anyone just getting a dual.
Desktop and portable in one bundle :D

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
dOD14ip.jpg

Do I gotta make it, order it, how long is the tether?
Function is better with the PA? Or same, just always a fresh cell feel, so to speak.

Gray Area

@SloJimFizz

I ordered mine from FJ. I had an option to get it fully built (including the power supply), or in kit form where I could order my own PA. I took the lazy option and got it fully built :D

Performance is the same, just like a fresh cell every button press... and less battery charging to do

The thether is 1.1m/3'8"

Looks like this (although mine is beech)
GVjfYRo.png

Last edited:

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
Thanks.
Still trying to wrap my head around this. What's the rest of the huge wooden box with the all holes for?
Looks cool, but any function?
Any smaller, bare bones PA available. PA mini perhaps?

Gray Area

You can see its little better in this post

ok, now to the exiting news.... its....a.....power adapter :D
vbfyf42.jpg

yeah its big. its a proprietary power supply, namely RSP-200-4. and the wires are heavy gauge speaker cables, a bit stiff, but ok. they are necessary to avoid a big voltage drop over the length at such low voltage.
puVOhOF.jpg

design of the tubo connector will be a little different for the final version, less prototypy.

i am really happy with it and the wire length is enough to place the box on the floor, behind the monitor or in plain sight :) it will be ready soon. we need to figure out shipping, as this is a bit heavy, maybe some could purchase the psu themselves and mount it into the wooden box provided by me, to save costs.

RelaxedNow

Happy New Year, everybody!

*****EDIT: I’ve got this figured out, as in another post below.****

I’m having a slight difficulty with my new Dual, in that the display is upside down and I’ve been unable to change it after many attempts and much searching. I’ve turned it off and pressed the +/- buttons simultaneously for everything from 1-20 seconds, but no change. I don’t know if it matters, but I made sure “key lock” was off.

Aside from my display confusion, it’s working well. At first, Warmup would only run for about 1 second, and it would barely get warm in Cruise. I input the marked resistance (marked .212, versus .185 as received) and both heating modes are working great now, though it’s definitely hotter than my original Tubo. I start a stem at 370F on the Tubo, and I had to drop the Dual to 340F for the same vapor . I was thinking I’d mess with modifying the resistance setting on one or the other, with the goal being common temperature settings, but I’ve noticed that the Tubo displays 70W, while the Dual shows 120W......seems this may be my issue, but I’m unsure and tired of searching (testing the settings certainly hasn’t helped with the latter, or the former, for that matter).

I haven’t used it enough to comment on battery life. Aside from my settings questions, it’s working great.

Does anyone have other ideas on flipping the display? Also, what say ye on the wattage numbers? @funkyjunky?

Sorry if I’m rambling, but I’ll blame it on extensive testing. All in the name of science.

Last edited:

RelaxedNow

My display was upside down too but holding the + & - buttons while off worked for me...
The display flashed on, corrected orientation, then went black again. Was flipped when I turned the thing back on :hmm:

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I tried exactly that, with no response. However, I just now removed and re-inserted the batteries, and was able to flip the display. Another win for rebooting.

AND, the Dual is heating the same as the Tubo now. The TCR was set at .272, rather than .212. Man, that thing was getting HOT!! Oops. My bad. :doh:

So, it’s all good here, as the Dual is working just like the Tubo. :clap:

Last edited:

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
Flipped my screen since you guys were talking about it. :tup: Not that it was upside down, because I've been on a dry kick with the whip and bent stem lately.
Went ahead and pulled out the bubbler and had a nice cruise session while proper screen orientation was happening. Love this thing, start at 400°f then bump up to 410°.
About the PA which looks awesome and well made, but that is a bit bigger than I would want laying around to help power something so small to begin with. As @funkyjunky said, it's huge. I'll roll with the 3 battery rotation, add more if needed, since i got this pretty sweet dual cell charger that is like two single chargers in one. Keeps all my Air and Tubo batteries ready to go.
Awesome to see all these new Tubo owners getting their goods and the forward progress happening in this small company. :clap:

Last edited:

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
do people still get "device too hot" with the PA or dual?

Should only be another week til I can pay for my dual... Anticipation killing me, but trusty sapgreen OG still holding it down.

Gonna make more minicapsules once the dual lands for sure.

I'm also curious about a mini bent stem, if possible.

Perhaps just one of the whip adapter pieces with a little kink? Not sure if this would work, but really really love my bent stem, but would love a bit smaller form factor.

rozroz

just wanted to know something about the heat temp that's set up and the actual heat..

i slowly set the temp lower and lower (started at 430F, now around 410F),
because i noticed the temp can get much higher sometimes (up to 500F)
and i get combustion way too easily.
so how do i make sure i inhale with the temp i set up?
be more careful?
keep inhaling slowly?
does this happens only when inhaling "faster" ?

tnx.

rozroz

I don't see anything like that kind of crazy fluctuation/overshoot... if I set 210c it might jump to 220 but only for a second or less. And usually after the draw finishes and I stop inhaling.
Usually stays pretty close to set temp regardless of slow/fast draw.

i only refer to the actual inhaling time.
when you inhale gently it's fine.
but it depends on how hard you inhale.
does your devices stay "stable" even when you inhale hard and fast?

Gray Area

I did 480 back when I first got mine, before cruisemode, through water.

Wouldn't bother anymore with cruise. I usually do 395 max now, but I'm using the little capsules which keep the load closer to the heater than joint-packing, which is what I used to do.

Good point. My load is in the actual glass joint, capped off with a basket screen, so it'll be a bit further away I guess...

Top Bottom