Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
I get glow. And the resistance value is correct..(edit.. Hasn't changed from the original specified value) Sorry!
Well i dug this up from conversation with FJ a while back..as i was asking if i have damaged anything as i did a short cruise at 260 by mistake.,it seems that glowing is not that bad for the element health,but i am pretty sure it is not the healthiest thing for us,I've seen some talk about in the Project thread.

"if your coils glow bright red at 260degC, your tubo is still calibrated very hot. lower the coil resistance to get it to run cooler. what is the resistance indicated on your battery door?
when units are calibrated correctly the coils only slightly glow in the dark, i cant see it in daylight.

but dont be afraid, i heat every tubo to red hot initially to get rid of factory shit and contamination from touching the tubes and coils.
the chip overheats faster than the coils can heat up the unit at these temps. i tried a lot of scenarios originally to make sure nothing can go wrong. no cables melted ever (they are safe up to 300degC for short periods)."

DolfLun

Thanks will give it a shot later!

Update:

Cruise mode did the trick, excellent vapor! Even more impressed with this little guy than previously. I also did a little digging into the menus and found that tripple click is "warm up" Is it possible that I should be doing a warm-up before using on demand mode? I'm thinking this may solve the issue.

Edit: After reading the manual over again, the Warm Up is suggested for "faster" experience. I'm guessing it will also mean great vapor right away. Silly me.

Last edited:

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I have my eye on this vaporizer. I checked his website. It's not up yet. I will email if I decide to buy this unit as my next vape. I would get the extended mouthpiece.

@little maggie you perked my interest in another thread. I've read through a few pages so far. I usually like to buy myself a Christmas present.:D:leaf:

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I have my eye on this vaporizer. I checked his website. It's not up yet. I will email if I decide to buy this unit as my next vape. I would get the extended mouthpiece.

@little maggie you perked my interest in another thread. I've read through a few pages so far. I usually like to buy myself a Christmas present.:D:leaf:

This would make an excellent bday gift ck, you will love it! Like Milaana meets Solo 2

sickmanfraud

Get on the waiting list now. You will enjoy this present for years to come.

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Is it possible that I should be doing a warm-up before using on demand mode? I'm thinking this may solve the issue.

If you want clouds from the start, yeah. Otherwise, ride the button while drawing for a bit in on demand mode and get things warmed up to get vapor flowing.

Also, you can change what clicks do what.

I recommend making cruise all 3 of your options :spliff:

funkyjunky

www.lamart.ch
Manufacturer
hello all!

got a bit caught up with different things the last couple of weeks. great to see that the community is able to help with most questions :bowdown:

i keep being too much of a stoner and forgetting to toke until cruise is almost finished, how about double tap to reset cruise?
you can actually triple click (if you have cruise on 2 clicks) when in cruise which results in cruise being stopped and started again immediately. :)

Hey @funkyjunky will the Tubo X require that the 18650's be "paired" or can we use any of the 18650's we have (assuming they are the same battery type)?
as mentioned the capacity/condition must be more or less the same, so they discharge evenly and along side.
the firmware actually checks if the batteries are within 0.3V in multi cell mods. if this is not the case it will display a "unbalanced" warning and refuse to fire. i "test" this all the time by being not so precise with my pairing of batteries, only saw the unbalanced when i tested what happens with one charged one half charged cell.

It appears that my Tubo will no longer enter warm up mode. It flashes on with three clicks but then off within about 2 seconds; the coils don't glow. Performance across the board seems a bit "off," but it is still vaping otherwise.
the number after COIL on your display should match the number on the inside of the battery door.
if it does not, set the number in 'menu>coil>manage>TCR', make sure the lock symbol is after the number before you exit.
if this was already the case and you think your tubo is running "cold" anyways (compared to other devices set to same temperatures), then feel free to increase the resistance number (in the menu from above). this also makes the warm up mode last longer. ill probably make the warm up more configurable in the future.

warm up mode is not to be confused with preheat (an artefact from the original myevic firmware), we dont use this and i will omit preheat for the next firmware update.

on other notes:
the store is really almost ready, will have to go back to see since when i said soon, lol.

last week the ordering for first tubo vtc dual batch has been kicked off. there are some seats left if anyone is interested. will head to the cutter during next week to get the first shells in.

tubox is available as well, contact me for more info.
actually on the cable length: its a compromise between length and resistance. if its too long, the wire it self has a high resistance and robs energy/heats up. so, the shorter (and fatter) the better. i am thinking abouth a short extension, but it wont be very long.

and its time for a little statistics from the tubo evic. i ignored at least two ppl that were interested in this in the past.
i am really close to a 100 tubo evics built. from which two visited the mothership again (came back to me with an issue), both got the evic replaced. one of them failed again and is coming back another time.
other issues that i know of were battery related (too weak ones used) or got tackled with the no-heatup-issue firmware update.

have a nice sunday everyone! :wave:

edit:
Do you guys know where to buy those basket screens? I really do like them and I'd feel better to have a few in spare. I've found this on ebay, they're for the Arizers though so I'm not sure if they would fit.
started out buying this exact item :) still buy from them but more for a better price.

Last edited:

jay87

What temperatures are people using with their Tubo's?

I'm big into flavor and I've gone as low as 300F and still get great vapor even more so than what I'd expect from a true 300F.

I've also tried going higher ~400F trying to get more of a one hit experience.

The Tubo works great no matter how I use it but but i'm still figuring out how to really master this vape. :science:

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
not sure if this has happened to anyone else, but today was driving home (mind you I have cruise set as all 3 options for clicks... I wasn't kidding lol) and after I finished a cruise, I went to start up again a little later... noticed heat was off... look down and I'm somehow in power mode cruising at 14w?

I didn't have edit set as an option... I confirmed this after, because I had to set edit as an option to get back to TCR M1...

How did this happen and what can I do to avoid it?

I probably should just send this as a PM but :D

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
not sure if this has happened to anyone else, but today was driving home (mind you I have cruise set as all 3 options for clicks... I wasn't kidding lol) and after I finished a cruise, I went to start up again a little later... noticed heat was off... look down and I'm somehow in power mode cruising at 14w?

I didn't have edit set as an option... I confirmed this after, because I had to set edit as an option to get back to TCR M1...

How did this happen and what can I do to avoid it?

I probably should just send this as a PM but :D
It happened to me once or twice with the OG when i was hitting too hard and battery was quite low. IDK if you got the same situation though.. Do you have limited your wattage or it goes all the way up to 75w ?

funkyjunky

www.lamart.ch
Manufacturer
this happens when the temperature of the coils is not rising fast enough, can be due to very cold coils or maybe because cooling them down like @Abysmal Vapor said. kind of weird that it happened after a successful cruise.

reflashing the firmware should put it back into TCR mode automatically. when out, setting edit to one of the clicks, entering edit mode and selecting TCR again also resolves this.

ill likely get rid of this protective behaviour in a future update as well since the tubo heater does not need to be protected in this manner.

I'm big into flavor and I've gone as low as 300F and still get great vapor even more so than what I'd expect from a true 300F.
if you feel your tubo runs hot compared to other devices at the same temperature, you can try lowering the resistance by 0.002 in 'menu>coils>manage>TCR'. make sure the lock symbol is after the number before you leave.

sickmanfraud

this happens when the temperature of the coils is not rising fast enough, can be due to very cold coils or maybe because cooling them down like @Abysmal Vapor said. kind of weird that it happened after a successful cruise.

reflashing the firmware should put it back into TCR mode automatically. when out, setting edit to one of the clicks, entering edit mode and selecting TCR again also resolves this.

ill likely get rid of this protective behaviour in a future update as well since the tubo heater does not need to be protected in this manner.

if you feel your tubo runs hot compared to other devices at the same temperature, you can try lowering the resistance by 0.002 in 'menu>coils>manage>TCR'. make sure the lock symbol is after the number before you leave.

@funkyjunky, I have a question. I love the ability to change the temps mid-cruise, but I am beginning to think that I messed up some other setting(s) when I did the last update.

Can I just reinstall the latest version to reset the values?

Thanks

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit

Yes, but make sure your coil resistance matches after re-flashing.

And cooool didn't know what was up with my Tubo yesterday. I had seen that happen before, but always thought I was "accidentally" going into edit, and changing it myself...

It was kinda cold out, and the battery that had been in there had been sitting for a while... idk. I changed it back to TCR once I could and it was all good, just figured I'd post it here since I had proof last night that it actually had just happened randomly and not because of me being too baked and hitting too many buttons...

RelaxedNow

Yes, but make sure your coil resistance matches after re-flashing.

And cooool didn't know what was up with my Tubo yesterday. I had seen that happen before, but always thought I was "accidentally" going into edit, and changing it myself...

It was kinda cold out, and the battery that had been in there had been sitting for a while... idk. I changed it back to TCR once I could and it was all good, just figured I'd post it here since I had proof last night that it actually had just happened randomly and not because of me being too baked and hitting too many buttons...

Yeah, I thought several times that I’d screwed up. Nice to know what caused it. Thanks, @muunch, for asking the question, so @funkyjunky knows to remove that feature. And thanks to fj for adding it to the list.

Last edited:

little maggie

Just want to suggest for new users who have sensitive throats that they get one of the whips FJ's girlfriend makes. It cools the vapor down even without water.

I've stopped upgrading- maybe a few upgrades ago. Maybe I'm missing something but I like it exactly as it is so worry about making any changes.

funkyjunky

www.lamart.ch
Manufacturer
@funkyjunky, I have a question. I love the ability to change the temps mid-cruise, but I am beginning to think that I messed up some other setting(s) when I did the last update.

Thanks

the important parameters are: COIL resistance (battery door), peak power (70W), TCR M1 (185). with the same values the device should work always the same. the other options are more cosmetic or feature specific.

if you must reset everything, download the nfirmware editor from nfetools.org. when you are in the updater there is a tab: dataflash, press reset and reflash the latest tubo firmware. you will have to set your resistance in 'menu>coils>manage>TCR' as this gets overwritten as well, set Check to NO while you are here. check also 'menu>coils>TCR' if M1 is at 185.

or you can also install the original joyetech firmware followed by tubofirmware to overwrite the values.

almost there

the important parameters are: COIL resistance (battery door), peak power (70W), TCR M1 (185). with the same values the device should work always the same. the other options are more cosmetic or feature specific.

if you must reset everything, download the nfirmware editor from nfetools.org. when you are in the updater there is a tab: dataflash, press reset and reflash the latest tubo firmware. you will have to set your resistance in 'menu>coils>manage>TCR' as this gets overwritten as well, set Check to NO while you are here. check also 'menu>coils>TCR' if M1 is at 185.

or you can also install the original joyetech firmware followed by tubofirmware to overwrite the values.
I get dizzy reading all this advance esoteric jargon:hmm:. Please let it be someone from the stone ages such as ... ummmm.....a good friend of mine could manage:uhoh:

RelaxedNow

Yeah, the firmware thing can get a bit confusing, but it’s worth learning.

In the industry I was in before retirement, there were two primary software vendors. One lived by the theory that the software should be simple, the other that it should be flexible. As time went on, Simple had to become flexible, to satisfy a broad user group and stay in business.

almost there

Yeah, the firmware thing can get a bit confusing, but it’s worth learning.

In the industry I was in before retirement, there were two primary software vendors. One lived by the theory that the software should be simple, the other that it should be flexible. As time went on, Simple had to become flexible, to satisfy a broad user
I miss the days of my Commodore 64, life after that got complicated but I'm up for the tubo challenge:tup:

IckiestOfTheSticky

I've been using my Tubo Evic for a few weeks now, and I'm incredibly impressed with this little device. To me, it's almost more than a portable, like a bridge between portable and desktop. If you're on the fence about this device, jump! It's solid.

Here are my favorite parts -
  • Both Cruise mode AND on-demand. I actually use both. I like to sometimes also start in Cruise and finish in on-demand. Having flexibility to do both is fantastic.
  • This thing is at temps in seriously like two seconds or less. Of course with glass it likes to be warmed up, so don't expect to go from cold to ripping in two seconds, but this heater is extremely impressive.
  • Temp stepping in cruise and on-demand is super easy and effective.
  • I like being able to load both in the basket screen to microdose and in the stem with a larger load, I use the basket the most to keep my consumption lower.
  • Love the bent stem, I use it all the time and don't really feel it's too hot. Don't have a bubbler yet.
Here are some parts I'm not as crazy about (but none are really big issues, I frigging love my tubo)
  • Chews through batteries quickly - not a huge issue for me since I have four in rotation, and understandable with such a beefy heater
  • Not looking forward to cleaning the internal screen on the bent stem, not sure if it easily comes out.
  • Same goes with the internal heater screen, mine is a bit brown (although still clean and not plugged) and not looking forward to taking it out. I saw I think someone mentioning they did this with their pick?
  • It could be more stealthy, but I didn't buy it for that, I have a Vivant Alternate I use for that. I will say the Tubo Evic is a lot smaller than I expected.

I am luckier than most that I don't really experience VAS too much. This Tubo will be my daily driver for a long time. I am incredibly happy with it, and would purchase it again if I had to do it over. Hats off to @funkyjunky for such awesome work.

Also, I said in an earlier comment that I would test my Arizer Air batteries, and can confirm that they do NOT work well. I think I got one draw from a full battery before it said weak battery and I saw a No Atomizer error. Didn't ever try either of those anymore, so I'd steer clear of them. I wasn't sure because there really aren't true specs available on them anywhere that I could find.

Top Bottom