1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

TUBO evic/dual

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by funkyjunky, Oct 21, 2016.

1. Shit Snacks

Shit Snacks Milaana. Lana. LANA. LAANAAAAAA

Exactly, there is variance, throughout the product life span, and all the different builds. But the glass used in all of them is technically 22mm. Anyway we've ventured decently off topic now...

I am looking forward to trying the nub cooler with my other 18.8mm glass vapes, we'll see which ones it fits well, but I know it will at least fit my current Tubo and future Dual pretty perfect!

Padriano and almost there like this.
  2. Padriano

Padriano Company Representative (Lamart Tubo)

Out and about with the new short mouthpiece..

[​IMG]

Running at 220c with a pre-warmed Tubo :)

3. Megaton

Megaton Well-Known Member

I didn't realise the Tubo could do pass through charging! That's great for me as my sofa has USB ports (ain't living in the future great!?) So i can have an evening on my sofa without having to worry about extra batteries!

What a wonderful little machine this is hey?

Padriano, bossman, funkyjunky and 2 others like this.
  4. sickmanfraud

sickmanfraud Well-Known Member

Just a quick shout out to @funkyjunky & Company for the new Nub stem.

I just received it (in 5 days from Switzerland) and used it last night. It can get warm if you take long hits one after the other but the cooling from the design of this stem is just wonderful.

[​IMG]

https://shop.lamart.ch/index.php?route=product/product&path=64&product_id=549

The glass is pretty thick I don't think it would survive a fall on a tile floor, but I would be very surprised if it broke on grass, carpet or even a wood deck.

Your luck may be different than mine so don't drop it at all is the best advice I can give.

EDIT: IMPORTANT INFO: This is a stem with a 22mm length which means it will not fit most Splinter models but works well with my Tubos, iHeat and Custom Splinter Z.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
    Padriano, BestBuds, Aezhenn and 8 others like this.
  5. QTdrone

QTdrone Member

Overall is the Tetra heater significantly better than the Tubo's? Considering upgrading soon, but wanted to know if the jump is worth it. Also is anyone else frequently getting the "device too hot" message? It usually begins to pop up for me after 5 minutes. Sucks only being able to use the Tubo one cruise sesh at a time.

6. vapenerd

vapenerd Well-Known Member

How much higher than high can you get? I'm sure it's better but I honestly doubt it's worth the upgrade. Except when you absolutely need the dual battery. I'm so happy with my Tubo that I see no need to get a Dual. Instead I ordered 3 more (cooling) mouthpieces from lamart.ch.

Verax likes this.
  7. virtualpurple

virtualpurple Well-Known Member

So my tubo-x is acting funky lately. Regardless of what settings it has applied the heaters will stay in warm up mode and will never raise above 1 watt when attempting to enter cruise mode or in fire mode. Any thoughts @funkyjunky? It makes me quite sad to see this bad boy out of rotation!

8. GoldenBud

GoldenBud Well-Known Member

what's your resistance?
    has it changed lately?
    are r using old batteries?
    try another batteries
    or just change the resistance abit?

Padriano likes this.
  9. vapenerd

vapenerd Well-Known Member

Came here to confirm that the Nub fits my Milaana perfectly! Posted a pic here.

Padriano and Jill NYC like this.
  10. Magistra

Magistra Member

Hi guys, I’m thinking about ordering a Dual. Troy got my wanter going with that bent, nippled stem!

How do you go about choosing the colors and accessories? What do I need vs what would be great?

The website says out of stock, is that just because they are custom orders?

Thanks,
    M

Padriano likes this.
  11. flammy

flammy Well-Known Member

I believe that the Tetra Duals have sold out. From what I understand, this was intended to be a limited run due to the limited stock of the underlying mod. I believe that another mod has already been selected for the next build which I know a lot of people are eagerly awaiting as well. Congrats to those who jumped on the Tetra Dual...I love my Tubo and if I didn't already have one and didn't make a few recent purchases, I would have snagged on too.

Padriano and Magistra like this.
  12. JibbsIsMe

JibbsIsMe Member

Do you know if this new mod has multiple batteries? That was a huge advantage of the Dual, and why I sold my original Tubo... I was hoping to get the latest and greatest!

Padriano likes this.
  13. funkyjunky

funkyjunky www.lamart.ch Manufacturer

just to quickly set things straight. there will be more TUBO DUALs to order. i am doing things in batches and dont take on too many orders at once as not to stretch out dates too much (its still happening :ninja:). i managed to get a few more black evics and still have some others left. ill need to count them but think there are still around 30 duals to build before the next iteration.
    more building slots will open in one to two weeks. there will be an email announcement for those on the emaillist (mail support@lamart.ch to get added).

up next is a single battery unit, the tubo evic successor.

Padriano, muunch, dudeguy and 13 others like this.
  14. Verax

Verax Well-Known Member

Great update! Can't wait to see what you come up with for the evic successor.

I've got an order in for a TETRAx that is being fullfilled, and currently on the waiting list for the TUBO DUAL. gonna be a fun winter! :)

Thanks for sharing your awesome work with us!

15. flammy

flammy Well-Known Member

I was wrong...see below for update. It appears that there are more Duals to be had.

I am so sorry about the bad info @funkyjunky. I saw that it was sold out and made a poor assumption. Mea culpa.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2019
    Padriano and funkyjunky like this.
  16. jimsmith90210

jimsmith90210 Who Is Nate?

hummina hummina hummina hummina

When you have two of these in your possession you have to try something like this:

[​IMG]

Padriano and Verax like this.
  17. Verax

Verax Well-Known Member

18. funkyjunky

here are some units from the current batch:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

also, nub cooler meets shrink-wrap:
    [​IMG]

a small instagram cross post, should do that more often.:wave:

jupazo, Magistra, Padriano and 12 others like this.
  19. muunch

muunch hotboxing the cockpit

:whoa: color me intrigued

can't wait to see what's up next!!

Padriano, SloJimFizz and almost there like this.
  20. Xclerk

Xclerk The Universe is our endless supply

Hoping to scoop a dual befor they gone for good. Like the shrink wrap on the nubs! Anyone got dibs on the lizzard one?

Padriano and MonkeyTime like this.
  21. ccc24

ccc24 New Member

Any eta on when the new batch will be available for sale?

I also emailed support@lamart.ch to get on the notification list but never heard back if I actually was or not.

Padriano likes this.
  22. sickmanfraud

sickmanfraud Well-Known Member

Welcome to FC, @ccc24. This is/was the "last weekend" of summer in the Northern Hemisphere. I am sure that @funkyjunky will get to you shortly.

A Tubo is worth the wait.

Padriano likes this.
  23. Grobalot

Grobalot Member

love my tubo and everything about it and try yo use it daily. still smoke along side as i've yet to find a vape that satisfies the want for a spliff. might need to look into a Dynavap just to scratch the the VAS itch. cant afford the upgrade to the new Tubo lol.
    hits like a train once you get it warmed up, but im smashing through batteries with it at the momnet. usually have 3 on rotation so as not to discharge them too much but i think i need to invest in some spares. usually, 1 batt lasts me 2 or 3 longish sessions but recently found im getting "weak battery" on warmup and at the start of cruise, but it doesn't keep the warning up for long, fraction of a second really, and it was concerning me a bit.
    had it for over a year with and, constant use, cant knock the performance at all.
    i use the Samsung 30q's and i've used them in all my ecig mods (designated for the mods and the Tubo separately), but are there any better ones that you guys use? need me one of the spiked bent stems and some new basket screens soon too so i may need to hit the website up soon.

Verax and funkyjunky like this.
  24. Shit Snacks

Shit Snacks Milaana. Lana. LANA. LAANAAAAAA

Pretty sure these are all customs, but maybe he is making some for sale as well? You can order a custom Dual on the site without extra cost btw

almost there and Verax like this.
  25. funkyjunky

your batteries are likely getting old and are not as powerful anymore as new ones. thats why you get the weak battery message for a second when the heater is pushed. its not a problem at all as the mod adjusts power to what they are still capable of supplying. the ramping up to temperature might be a bit slower.

i still use samsung 30qs altho i read a few things about sony vtc5a as powerful ones, dont have personal experience with them tho. i did replace all my 30qs early this year (after two years of constantly rotating through them) and it was worth it. power and bowl amount back as in the beginning.

@ccc24 i hope to have orders open again in one to two weeks. dont worry if you sent the email to that address you will receive the announcement for the drop.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2019

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors