Old_muel

Hi folks had my tubo for ages but first post (hey funky:wave:), love my tubo seshes it's a beast for sure it does its job remarkably well of reliably pumping out clouds, once warmed up this thing just spewes out vapor. Find it a great one for sharing just chuck on cruise & pass that shit around, too damn easy & happy dayz:clap:. Think i remember reading some of you don't stir but ive never yet been able to achieve that (same with milaana actually), don't mind stirring but have always kinda wondered how you're doin it, (micro loads perhaps:hmm:?) & how the grasshopper manages to pull it off despite technique when i cant do it with any others, definitely tried every draw speed imaginable & find i dont get much vape with anything but ultra slow so thats how i roll & just stir a bit.
Just a random thought it does get quite hot the tubo itself & thats a fair amount of energy wasted & seems to be causing chip errors for some (never had that myself), what if the heater was insulated ie the cavity/space between heater & wooden enclosure filled with some crazy aerogel type shit?
Unfortunately having major crisis atm as an rbt stem has become absolutely stuck as fuck & wont come out of the tubo, anyone got any possible solutions for this? Cheers fellow vapefiends

Old_muel

Ahh freezer ended up doing the trick, jeez I hope that never happens again, was actually starting to stress me out an odd amount coz i have other vapes to use so I guess that's a testament to how good the tubo is, oh & a glass flowermate mouthpiece in an rbt stem works perfectly to effortlessly achieve what i consider the perfect amount of draw restriction, keen to try one of FJ's new fandangled ones out too, cheers.

Last edited:

Rez

Hi,

I've just started gathering info about the Tubo Evic ... I was wondering if the Tubo Evic "custom" (here) was the only option or if there was also a "regular" Tubo (currently unavailable) ? Thanks !

Rez,

Likun

Damn! I got my wooden stem about two days ago!! Now with all the correct labels it arrived within just a week after being stuck two months in customs and sent back to Switzerland. F**k those German customs! At least they didn't charge any taxes.

I haven't had much time to test yet but I really like the craftmanship of the stems. It doesn't fit all tight inside my tubo like my glas stems so that I can move it back and forward but I think it's tight enough at the end so that there is no air/vapor leaking. Taste is awesome. Glas does indeed get hot after a slow, long draw. Vapor is definitely cooler than the default stem but not as cool as e.g. ddave stem. Therefor it doesn't reduce airflow as much as ddaves does.
But WTF those dosing capsules?? S&B designed them? The company behind a few of the most famous vaporizers out there? The capsules seem SO cheap. the material is so thin that with each touch I'm afraid so bend them somehow. They are SO difficult to open! I'm not lying when I'm saying that it's almost impossible for me to open them without any tools. Is this normal? Or am I just stupid? Maybe I'm not supposed to close them tightly, but then again the cap will most probably fall off. I've already ruined my fingernails + one capsule trying to open it. Plus they are really big compared to the selfmade double basket screen capsules for the glas stems.
All in all I'm still quite satisfied with the stem. Gotta test some more though. Maybe there's another way to fill it without those capsules? Or I'll need to learn to handle those things properly.

RelaxedNow

Damn! I got my wooden stem about two days ago!! Now with all the correct labels it arrived within just a week after being stuck two months in customs and sent back to Switzerland. F**k those German customs! At least they didn't charge any taxes.

I haven't had much time to test yet but I really like the craftmanship of the stems. It doesn't fit all tight inside my tubo like my glas stems so that I can move it back and forward but I think it's tight enough at the end so that there is no air/vapor leaking. Taste is awesome. Glas does indeed get hot after a slow, long draw. Vapor is definitely cooler than the default stem but not as cool as e.g. ddave stem. Therefor it doesn't reduce airflow as much as ddaves does.
But WTF those dosing capsules?? S&B designed them? The company behind a few of the most famous vaporizers out there? The capsules seem SO cheap. the material is so thin that with each touch I'm afraid so bend them somehow. They are SO difficult to open! I'm not lying when I'm saying that it's almost impossible for me to open them without any tools. Is this normal? Or am I just stupid? Maybe I'm not supposed to close them tightly, but then again the cap will most probably fall off. I've already ruined my fingernails + one capsule trying to open it. Plus they are really big compared to the selfmade double basket screen capsules for the glas stems.
All in all I'm still quite satisfied with the stem. Gotta test some more though. Maybe there's another way to fill it without those capsules? Or I'll need to learn to handle those things properly.

I love using the capsules.

Vapor production is intense and very consistent. Using them with the long wood stem, I start at 390F and end at 420F, with no problem...maybe a little coughing on a big toke, but that’s on me.

I will agree, the capsules are sometimes very difficult to open and are easily bent. I’ve had no problem bending them back into usable condition though. In the end, I’ll put up with the downsides, as the upside is so good.

As a testimonial, I’ll mention that I’ve purchased several other very good (and beautiful) vaporizers recently (the Nomad and the MVT2 among them), and I keep going back to my Tubo. It just works the best, particularly with the capsules and wood stem.

ChooChooCharlie

Hope this is not a derail.

New caps can be difficult. They get easier.
After they lose some circular perfection.
I like to give new caps a slight squeeze, then reshape.

When opening, avoid a two finger pinch style hold

cap_opening.jpg

Pry straight up with right thumbnail

If stuck, rotate capsule and find different pry spots

When successful, they open like there's an invisible hinge

MonkeyTime

I'll second @ChooChooCharlie in the fact that they get easier to work with as you use them. They stretch just a little and for me, the fact that they're made like this is greatly appreciated! While others like the F2 may have a much nicer pod, I can't justify buying 40 of them (at their cost) and being able to bulk load!

sickmanfraud

Can someone help me out? I have been trying to get the latest firmware to work on my dual and a couple of new mods.

Problem is that my computer is telling me that the archive is not working?

I know I had similar problems, but I don't remember the solution.

I keep getting an error saying the archive is either in an unknown format or damaged.

Last edited:
sickmanfraud,

Vapeur Rogue

Est. 2013- Never Lookin' Back
Seeing as I missed the last drop, I was wondering if this is an annual, semi annual, monthly? occurrence. Does anyone know? Would like to get in if/when there is another Thanks!

Vapeur Rogue,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Can someone help me out? I have been trying to get the latest firmware to work on my dual and a couple of new mods.

Problem is that my computer is telling me that the archive is not working?

I know I had similar problems, but I don't remember the solution.

I keep getting an error saying the archive is either in an unknown format or damaged.
What installer are you using ? Myevic or Arctic fox.. I havent used Myevic installer for while i load the tubo software trough the arctic fox and i havent had any issues.
Edited.

Just to be clear it is your computer that doesnt recognizes the file , it is not a message you get when from the installer ?
Maybe re-install you archiver program or re-download the files.
First clear/flash memory,reinstall stock software and then FJ software.

Last edited:

sickmanfraud

Thank you @KeroZen and @Abysmal Vapor it was a .bin file It had the avatar of a zip file.

I have not had any success so far. I do not know the problem.

I will check out the myevic software.

BTW none of the links to any firmware older than the current version are working.

Tried the software from Joytech. No luck

Edit: I am beginning to understand a bit of just how my father felt in 1984 or 85 when I brought home a computer.

I have to mention that I am frustrated with trying to get these vapes updated.

I should have my Tera from the CFV trade in in my hand by next week and it does not need updating. I don't understand why it is not working and I am disappointed that Tubo CS is not helping.

Last edited:
sickmanfraud,
Reactions: KeroZen

its moops

Has anyone gotten their wooden stems shipped yet? I ordered mine over a week ago and it was in packaging immediately but never shipped.

its moops,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Thank you @KeroZen and @Abysmal Vapor it was a .bin file It had the avatar of a zip file.

I have not had any success so far. I do not know the problem.

I will check out the myevic software.

BTW none of the links to any firmware older than the current version are working.

Tried the software from Joytech. No luck

Edit: I am beginning to understand a bit of just how my father felt in 1984 or 85 when I brought home a computer.

I have to mention that I am frustrated with trying to get these vapes updated.

I should have my Tera from the CFV trade in in my hand by next week and it does not need updating. I don't understand why it is not working and I am disappointed that Tubo CS is not helping.
Are you trying to update without the myevic software... You need it in order to execute the update.
Even better just download arctic fox :).
Did you check out the Firmware section on FJ site ?
http://shop.lamart.ch/index.php?route=product/category&path=72

How to update the TUBO firmware
  • download the latest version of the firmware and the program that will update your TUBO from above. One comes in a Zip folder so extract/decompress the file. Use 7-Zip, if you don't already have a program that does this.
  • Open the now decompressed folder, its called "tubo-joyetechupdater". Same as the download but it should be a "File folder" instead of a "Compressed (zipped) folder" now.
  • Inside there are update tools for windows and mac osx. Open the one for your system, and run the application. A window that looks like this should pop up:
guidepic1.png

• Turn your TUBO on and plug it into your PC with a micro USB cable. Your computer should immediately recognize the TUBO and the app will change to display your info! (Note: make sure the USB cable is one that can also transfer data. Some only do power. If nothing happens try a different micro USB cable first! The included TUBO cable will maybe not work. likely one for a smart phone is suitable.

guidepic2.png

• Click "Update" in the firmware app. A window will open so you can select the firmware update file. Find the BIN file called "XXXXX-tubomyevic-....", select and open it.
  • Your TUBO should now be updated! If the display stays black, repeat the update procedure. The device can not be bricked. Exit the app, unplug your TUBO.
  • To upload the LOGO click the LOGO button and select the tubologoblack.bmp from the updater archive.

JNY1vlg.jpg

Btw,are you getting a black screen on your device or it is working but just cannot accept the update.

Last edited:

sickmanfraud

@Abysmal Vapor I hope to have time to play with this today or Sunday. Regardless, thank you for the help. I am hoping to report back with good news.

Edit:
I just tried with another USB cable still nothing. My Dual still works but I do not have the most recent and I want to use the Temp step on my Dual so I want to get the update.

Last edited:
sickmanfraud,

IckiestOfTheSticky

Has anyone gotten their wooden stems shipped yet? I ordered mine over a week ago and it was in packaging immediately but never shipped.

Mine shipped a few days ago, but haven't arrived yet.

Just got mine today, I got a short stem and some capsules. Really liking it so far! I found that my stem wasn't fitting tightly (to be expected that wood will feel different than glass) unless I made sure that the capsule was seated really well, then it was able to grab better. I can't wait to test these out during snowboarding season :D

Mine took six days to get to me after it was shipped, but it's hard to estimate super accurately, since there's multiple variables at play depending on where you live and probably lots of other things.

I'm sure your order will be there to you very soon!

My Tubo evic is amazing btw for anyone on the fence! I've had it almost a year now, and it's a frigging champ. To see how the features have evolved has been awesome, and it's so versatile now that it has the ability to be an on-demand vape, session based vape, and ramping temperature mode with warmup is the cherry on top. Although it has gone through changes, it's always been awesome, just improved upon iteratively. Still super impressed with it.

Top Bottom