Tubing for vape?

Status
Not open for further replies.

arkadiy

Check out the new tubing megathread for all your tubing needs!

About to buy an SSV and already have an EQ.

What is the best tubing for these vapes? Currently using silicone but a little worried as most silicone tubing is only rated to 350 F.

Does that mean I am probably getting some toxins?

arkadiy,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
Hey another French vaporist...great! I sent you a mail GoGlass to know if we are neighbors!

And yes, good answer, good link, good source, good price, good material! For US vaporists, I think Tygon tubing at USPlastics is DA reference here...

FLskwat,

MG23

Relaxin'
Bleh, went through checkout process at the DBV website and then got to the shipping charge. $12 for the cheapest shipping regardless of what length. :/ Probably still a better deal if you want 20 feet though.

MG23,

TwztedVaper

Boom Shankar
anyone know any good places to buy tubing in Canada? shipping from the 7th floor website will probably be too much

TwztedVaper,

PhishCactus

Lvl. 420 Vaporist
My question is: My VB came with medical grade tubing, but the tubing is very stiff and leads to a lot of stuff getting knocked around and pulled off the heating element, on some cheaper vapes, this more flexible tubing is used, I take it that this tubing is not safe?

PhishCactus,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
The stiffness of the tube does not define the safety level. The whips 7th Floor sells are very soft and flexible, yet also safe for vaping.

aesthyrian,

PhishCactus

Lvl. 420 Vaporist
Clearly I understand that I just figured flexible tubes were made of silicon or something which was not completely safe, safe is a relative term, IMO since some tubings are considered safe but still probably off gas certain chemicals, because flexible tubing is much more convenient, there has to be a reason why Da Buddha and Vapor brothers and likewise reputable whip companies don't use such tubes.

PhishCactus,

max

Out to lunch
arkadiy said:
About to buy an SSV and already have an EQ.

What is the best tubing for these vapes? Currently using silicone but a little worried as most silicone tubing is only rated to 350 F.

Does that mean I am probably getting some toxins?
You don't need tubing that's rated to 350. Tubing isn't exposed to temps anywhere near that high. If you want silicone, a good price, and a high temp rating, get the Silcon brand from U.S. Plastic Corp. http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/item.aspx?itemid=36289&catid=799&clickid=searchresults

max,

Tuck

If you don't need 350F then what would you suggest? I shied away from food grade tubing st lowes that was rated at 275F. Would this be okay?

Tuck,

hereatlast

Tuck, max made a suggestion in the post you referred to. That would be my recommendation as well, I couldn't speak on any of the tubing at Lowes but maybe other users can chime in.

hereatlast,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I just picked up 10 feet of the Lowes tubing for under $3. It works great for me and I haven't died yet. :cool:

Stu,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Hmmm.... I need some tubing for my Q. Maybe I'll go to Lowes and see if they have my size.

Tstat,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Make sure you get the 5/16" I.D. and not the 1/4" that your unit may have come with (mine did). Whoever decided to go with 1/4" at Arizer was an idiot...it's just too small to get the glass pieces on and off of. 5/16" works much, much better.

:peace:

Stu,

jayweb91

I just got 20 ft of 5/8 tubing for my vape. Its alot harder plastic than the stock dbv tubing, i think its plastic pvc type. I ran the stock tubing on high temp which does not smell at all. There is no real taste, also the plastic dose not get soft or change colors.

jayweb91,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I recently bought the Lowes 5/16" ID vinyl tubing for my Q and it works great with no smell of any kind. It was only 27 cents a foot, too which was nice.

Stu,

finchrock24

Proud MMJ Patient
Lowes would not be my first choice unless they say it is med/food grade. Even then I would take it home and wash it out with some warm water and dish soap (it is mild, but will wash out any residue that might be inside the tube).

finchrock24,

MG23

Relaxin'
I don't know this for sure but I've heard using acrylic/plastic tubing with a vaporizer can be dangerous.

Don't know specifics or anything, have just read that high temperature silicone is the safer choice do to the fact that it's well... high temperature.

MG23,

Nycdeisel

Nope. No way..
Its gotta not only be a specific material, it must also be food grade/medical grade tubing, otherwise you shouldnt be inhaling from it.

Always wash and thoroughly dry any tubing before using it.

Nycdeisel,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom