Discontinued Tsunami by NewVape

bkkbob

Obsessive Collector
Honestly, in hindsight, if I purchased a T-Bucket or D-Cup I could have just switched it out with my VROD (which also has the MV PID) and I would have ultimately had the same thing. The reason I got the Tsunami is I was a bit scared of exposing coils living in a condo with a pet and young people over sometimes, it just seemed like something I could use more often. In reality, I have only used it once or twice. It RIPS much better than the Flowerpot for concentrates but the VROD is set up and out so it's easier to use. I never imagined in a million years that I would leave the VROD out, as I thought it would be too dangerous. I turn it on only when I use it though. So the Tsunami is a much better dab rig than the VROD, but if you buy a T-Bucket or D-Cup, you basically have a Tsunami without the beautiful design and safety kit around it. I think the Tsunami will get a fair amount of use when I have people over though, it's much friendlier of a device. If you're debating getting both, I would get the VROD, and then weigh the advantages of a T-Bucket if you're on a budget (or you want to try some of the other crazy devices out there), or the Tsunami if you just want the ease of use and safety that the normal T-Bucket doesn't provide.

BTW you can print your own Hydro Tube now for the Tsunami, so that would bring the price down to around 500 I think if you went with one of the standard PIDs

Last edited:
bkkbob,

Kins

Honestly, in hindsight, if I purchased a T-Bucket or D-Cup I could have just switched it out with my VROD (which also has the MV PID) and I would have ultimately had the same thing. The reason I got the Tsunami is I was a bit scared of exposing coils living in a condo with a pet and young people over sometimes, it just seemed like something I could use more often. In reality, I have only used it once or twice. It RIPS much better than the Flowerpot for concentrates but the VROD is set up and out so it's easier to use. I never imagined in a million years that I would leave the VROD out, as I thought it would be too dangerous. I turn it on only when I use it though. So the Tsunami is a much better dab rig than the VROD, but if you buy a T-Bucket or D-Cup, you basically have a Tsunami without the beautiful design and safety kit around it. I think the Tsunami will get a fair amount of use when I have people over though, it's much friendlier of a device. If you're debating getting both, I would get the VROD, and then weigh the advantages of a T-Bucket if you're on a budget (or you want to try some of the other crazy devices out there), or the Tsunami if you just want the ease of use and safety that the normal T-Bucket doesn't provide.

BTW you can print your own Hydro Tube now for the Tsunami, so that would bring the price down to around 500 I think if you went with one of the standard PIDs

I already own the Vrod premium kit.

Kins,

bkkbob

Obsessive Collector
Sorry for the seperate posts, to quote, I just hit quote and type right?

Yeah same here :), if you get the T-Bucket and just swap the Vrod when you want to exclusively dab it's the exact same thing minus the very convenient and beautifully crafted case. You would need a flat coil too, so it will add up a bit, but it will be a lot less than the Tsunami. The Tsunami is a beauty though!

bkkbob,

Kins

@NewVape710 If most of these devices use the same PID why not come out with just one vape that can rule them all?. Just switch out the heads when you want to use a "different" vape.

Kins,

Cannabis-Hardware-Ed

Seeking Higher Ground
Manufacturer
@NewVape710 If most of these devices use the same PID why not come out with just one vape that can rule them all?. Just switch out the heads when you want to use a "different" vape.
Are you suggesting an all in one tsunami & flowerpot

The tsunami uses a industry standard hydratube style glass. There are many different glass options that use that connection. The flowerpot has a on / off demand heating technique. The dab only tbucket and tsunami use a static heat source which is much easier to design around. I'm always going to be trying to figure out a way to combine these without losing any of there individual strengths. This forum and this kind of dialogue is a big help towards that goal. Thanks for the question.

bkkbob

Obsessive Collector
They are both amazing devices if they could be combined without sacrificing any of the benefits it would be amazing. One of the things that is so nice about the Flowerpot though is also the ritual of actually using it. So there is a place for both of these devices even if the Tsunami can be further developed to incorporate flower as well. I hope I'd be able to upgrade :)

bkkbob,

Kins

@NewVape710 Well I ordered tsunami premium bundle and some accessories to go with it. Also purchased the sapphire dish. Question on the Sapphire dish. There is a warning on the site that I will quote.

Newvape site said:
THERMAL SHOCK WARNING: Do not expose your HOT Sapphire dish to cold water. It will crack!

Sapphire dishes are susceptible to thermal shock. Do not add water or cleaning solutions while hot or use any metal without pre warming them. This is a specialty product, not for everyone. The main cause of breakage is not knowing how to handle it correctly.

Please understand that all sales are final and there are no returns or warranty claims on these sapphire dishes.

Ok so when I'm using the sapphire dish, how do I clean it after a dab? Just a dry q-tip?. I don't want to do anything to damage it. Tips on keeping it clean and care?

Kins,

bkkbob

Obsessive Collector
I just qtip it dry and then with distilled water and soak it in iso when it cools down. It works like a charm for me :)

bkkbob,

bkkbob

Obsessive Collector
That does the job, and soak in ISO if it gets really dirty but I haven't had to yet, since Dec,

bkkbob,

Kins

No instruction booklet included. Also missing accessories I ordered. Oh well. Are there basic set up instructions somewhere online? Should I just guess how this thing works?. I always thought and still do that new products however simple should at least have a basic instruction booklet or quick start guide. Wasn't missing anything. I was confused as usual!. I've talked with CH and they sent me a .pdf instruction booklet. Ok just tried it out for the first time. I put in some GMO live resin and dang this hit me hard. Was gonna try a few different extracts but I'll have to wait now. This must be how dabs are suppose to feel!. Also this is from one of my favorite dispensaries. Had not been there in a while and forgot how great the quality is of their products. Ok now I tried a tiny tiny dab of Prayer Tower solventless live rosin. The sapphire dish I am using. Using am I. Yoda. Anyway I have it set to 600 and I get pretty good flavor but I think it might do better at 550, not sure.

Last edited:
Kins,
Reactions: Shrike

Kins

I have had both of my sapphire dishes soaking in alcohol for a week now. There are still little spots all over both of them. I'm using industrial ISO 99.9%. Using my SIC dish in the meantime. Never used either before I got my tsunami. I think I actually like the Sic dish better because it cleans up much better. They both give dabs slightly better taste than quartz. Another thing about the tsunami. I like using the whip adapter for a rig attached. However the whip is way too short. So what I did was cut some silicon from what I have had for the Volcano hybrid. That worked but it actually made my dabs really harsh compared to using the whip that came with the tsunami. Plus that silicone with the volcano hybrid is too heavy. Need to find or ask @Cannabis-Hardware-Ed to put up longer lengths of the whip adapter.

Kins,

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I have had both of my sapphire dishes soaking in alcohol for a week now. There are still little spots all over both of them. I'm using industrial ISO 99.9%. Using my SIC dish in the meantime. Never used either before I got my tsunami. I think I actually like the Sic dish better because it cleans up much better. They both give dabs slightly better taste than quartz. Another thing about the tsunami. I like using the whip adapter for a rig attached. However the whip is way too short. So what I did was cut some silicon from what I have had for the Volcano hybrid. That worked but it actually made my dabs really harsh compared to using the whip that came with the tsunami. Plus that silicone with the volcano hybrid is too heavy. Need to find or ask @Cannabis-Hardware-Ed to put up longer lengths of the whip adapter.

ISO doesn’t touch the baked on oil.
But, Simple Green - Crystal does!

Kins

ISO doesn’t touch the baked on oil.
But, Simple Green - Crystal does!

This the stuff you are talking about?

So I just soak my cold or room temp sapphire dishes in that overnight and they should come out clean?. Just want to make sure before I purchase. Alright I just purchased the above from the best rated seller. $36.50 for a gallon.

Last edited:
Kins,

RustyOldNail

This the stuff you are talking about?

So I just soak my cold or room temp sapphire dishes in that overnight and they should come out clean?. Just want to make sure before I purchase. Alright I just purchased the above from the best rated seller. $36.50 for a gallon.

Same exact product. I use it for my glass rigs as well, looks like I have to buy more now.
While not expensive, for parts soaking, like my 30mm sapphire dish, I try to use small glass containers, a size that when the SGC goes in, it just covers the objects. For soaking, I use it at 100% strength, and toss it when done. Unlike Dark Crystal (more $$, but can be reused if not too soiled), SGC does NOT need to be heated to work effectively, and when I looked at the SG website, they don’t recommend heating it, as it will be less efficient.

For GLASS water rigs, I keep a small squirt bottle of 100% SGC, and after hot water rinsing my glass rig, I squirt some in, top and joint connections, fill with hot water, shake, let sit 15-30 minutes, rinse well.

But getting back to a sapphire dish, at ROOM TEMP, completely cover dish in SGC, and DEPENDING on how dirty, it could be clean in 2-3 hours. Overnight, and it’s definitely clean. I tend to clean it often enough, that in less then an hour, I see the floating oil slicks, if I’m in a hurry, I pull it out and rinse with water to see if it’s clean, if there are some stubborn spots, I’ll toss it back in for a longer soak. If I see a few light spots, I use a scrubber pad, and the rest comes off easy enough. I only bother with this, if I suddenly wanted to dab, but if I didn’t plan properly or overnight, then you don’t have to do any manual work, the burnt oil just lifts off. Very useful stuff, non toxic and the safety sheet can be downloaded. Good luck.

RustyOldNail,

Kins

Same exact product. I use it for my glass rigs as well, looks like I have to buy more now.
While not expensive, for parts soaking, like my 30mm sapphire dish, I try to use small glass containers, a size that when the SGC goes in, it just covers the objects. For soaking, I use it at 100% strength, and toss it when done. Unlike Dark Crystal (more $$, but can be reused if not too soiled), SGC does NOT need to be heated to work effectively, and when I looked at the SG website, they don’t recommend heating it, as it will be less efficient.

For GLASS water rigs, I keep a small squirt bottle of 100% SGC, and after hot water rinsing my glass rig, I squirt some in, top and joint connections, fill with hot water, shake, let sit 15-30 minutes, rinse well.

But getting back to a sapphire dish, at ROOM TEMP, completely cover dish in SGC, and DEPENDING on how dirty, it could be clean in 2-3 hours. Overnight, and it’s definitely clean. I tend to clean it often enough, that in less then an hour, I see the floating oil slicks, if I’m in a hurry, I pull it out and rinse with water to see if it’s clean, if there are some stubborn spots, I’ll toss it back in for a longer soak. If I see a few light spots, I use a scrubber pad, and the rest comes off easy enough. I only bother with this, if I suddenly wanted to dab, but if I didn’t plan properly or overnight, then you don’t have to do any manual work, the burnt oil just lifts off. Very useful stuff, non toxic and the safety sheet can be downloaded. Good luck.

Thanks so much for your help!. I let you know how it goes when my amazon order arrives.

Kins,

RustyOldNail

Thanks so much for your help!. I let you know how it goes when my amazon order arrives.

This is what Dingleb3rry wrote after using SGC:

1619395957775.jpeg

RustyOldNail,

Kins

Ok I received my order today. I've been soaking mine for about 1 hour now. The simple green is still clear. I used it at full strength to soak. The sapphire dishes and a quartz that I have have been sitting in it.

Kins,

RustyOldNail

Ok I received my order today. I've been soaking mine for about 1 hour now. The simple green is still clear. I used it at full strength to soak. The sapphire dishes and a quartz that I have have been sitting in it.

WAIT!
Coincidentally, I’m cleaning mine now.

RustyOldNail,

RustyOldNail

The photos below, are start of soak, and then ONLY 1 HOUR LATER!
The sapphire dish was not too dirty, but after the dab oil vapor gets up and over the dish, and down into the bottom of the titanium cup holder, the dish eventually gets stuck. This does NOT effect the use of the device, since I always DRY (2) QTIP my dish after every dab. Obviously, if one waits a long time between cleaning, the soak period is LONGER.

Moving on to other projects, I hope it works for you as it does for me and others. Lots of ways to achieve results, I try to find the safest and fastest when possible. Good luck!

F8552E9E-E42A-427E-ABB0-4B0B5B865B09.jpeg

Kins

Just wondering how many people own a tsunami in this thread. I just don't see many posts on it. Would like to make some suggestions to the manufacturer. When you connect the whip I'd like to see a swivel action like the way a whip connects to the volcano hybrid.

Kins,
Top Bottom