Trying to describe White Widow and find it almost impossible.

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
I've been trying to post this for a week, and still can't, so....has anyone else here tried White Widow and did it make them a drooling idiot like it did me? (ex; After shopping, I put the tomatoes in the freezer).

Tom

tdavie,

lwien

lol. Absolutely. It was the most visually psychedelic cannabis I've ever vaped. Don't know if it was the Widow itself or if it just brought on some acid flashbacks, but things were moving that shouldn't be moving.

Love that strain, but I wouldn't want to vape it every night of the week.

lwien,

Nosferatu

Ooh I thought it was just one of those strains that people get all hyped over but arent special just popular. I'll have to search for some...

Nosferatu,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
It made me eat way too much and get sick. Those were some baaaad munchies :lol: This could also be due to me having a much lower tolerance than I do now.

aesthyrian,

lwien

masbanji92 said:
Ooh I thought it was just one of those strains that people get all hyped over but arent special just popular.

It's pretty special. Different than any other strain I've ever vaped. But, keep this mind. A lot of it has to do with the talents and meticulousness of the grower. But that can be said of any strain.

If you have a good source, it is definitely a strain that you have to try out. Just make sure than when you do, you aren't going to have to get behind the wheel to drive somewhere. ;)

Check out post #2, this thread: http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=3271

lwien,

CombustionJunction

What's Your Function?
OMG Yes! The first time I tried it was in Amsterdam. It was my first time and I went to a Coffee Shop and ordered the most expensive thing on the menu, which happened to be White Widow. I have never had such vivid visuals on weed. And I was high for hours and hours. What a strain!

CombustionJunction,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
I normally don't smoke (plain weed joints), but I tried it with this and ended up sleeping for ~12 hours. Gives me less munchies than other types/strains.

I'm not sure if it's reducing my IQ, but I have been watching a lot of 3 Stooges on AMC.

Tom

tdavie,

djonkoman

white widdow is a very common strain here, tried it once because I want to have tried everything, wasn't really impressed
it wasn't basd, but it wasn't outstanding either, just an average strain like most strains here in the coffeeshops, and the taste was weak and not special(just a slight typical weedtaste)
so all in all average weed, not that special as you would think with all the talk about it

I'd rather have a good sativa

djonkoman,

Beezleb

The white widow of old is not the white widow of today. Weed dramas lol.

You want Mr. Nice "Black Widow." now for the original White Widow.

Beezleb,

OO

Technical Skeptical
the stuff around here called widow is not psychedelic at all.

it's very uplifting and tastes great in the vape, like light fruit syrup.

OO,

Beezleb

The first time I tried it. I was in Amsterdam, the year it won the cup.

Me and a friend walked into a coffee shop, shortly after arriving. We ask for the strongest weed they have. The guy gives up white widow and bong. Perhaps the only person I met that was actually from Holland came in and said we should try some purple haze or something not so strong. We laughed and sat down.

It was bright day light when we went in and dark as shit when we left. We did not finish two bowls. That is all I can tell you. I lived on that stuff while I was Europe.

To be honest. I can not recall what it tasted like. Its been far too long. I have had so called white widow here and it is not the same plant as I knew it but you have to keep in mind.

Strains are like breeds of animals. Saying you have a white widow, OG Kush or what have you does not equate to having the same level of the trophy winner. Different phenotypes and grow conditions and whatnot all play a big factor and those trophy winners are best phenotypes and best selection of those phenotypes. The big players breed from clones from carefully chosen mothers to ensure the crop is the same. Besides of the drama associated with the white widow plant I believe this is why many name brands of herb to not stand up as they were at a cup or competition.

Think of it like a dog show. You may see a great dog at a dog show and go buy that breed of dog but that dog while maybe great likely will not equate to that particular award dog nor will that dog behave the same without similar or equal effective training.

Beezleb,

lwien

OO said:

Which reinforces the fact that the talent of the grower has a lot to do with this.

The other thing, and this pertains to most all us, is how do we really know if what we are getting is truly what it is being presented as?

lwien,

fidget

lwien said:
OO said:

Which reinforces the fact that the talent of the grower has a lot to do with this.

The other thing, and this pertains to most all us, is how do we really know if what we are getting is truly what it is being presented as?
Completely agree.
At the moment I've got crystal kush which is I believe is a straight cross of white widow and northern lights.
I'm told the growers have had this strain for the last ten years so they've got it down pat now.
It also looks identical to the only picture I could find when i googled it.

fidget,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
Oh I get that what I was told was White Widow is not the same as that being served in Amsterdam, or even the same as that sold on the west coast. It was, nonetheless, grown with obvious care. And while I don't harbor an illusion that it was dispensary product, I think it was dispensary quality. All I have is a name to go on :)

Tom

tdavie,

OO

Technical Skeptical
indoor and outdoor of the same widow plant I.E. different clones off the same plant were very different.

so the conditions do indeed play a large part.

OO,

momatik

I read on a seedbank website that it's a moderately difficult strain to grow. Might contribute to the wide range of effects.

momatik,
Top Bottom