Trying to decide on 2nd vape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tripp

My first vaporizer was the Aromazap, which I've had 3 years and has served me well as an introduction to vaporizing. I haven't combusted in some time. The Aromazap was an OK unit (granted I have no comparison data) which I've had to repair 3 times with a little solder, and it's the original square model with soft wood, so the core shakes around but still functions. The PD looks like a great new take on the Aromazap, btw.

I have decided to go ahead and move on, and have somewhat decided that I would probably get most satisfaction from a whip vape and have narrowed my choices down to Da Buddha or Vapolution. On the other hand, for double the money and debt, I could have the Extreme and all the advantages it seems to have. Granted, I gather, from lurking, that if you want a whip experience then a whip vaporizer might be a better bet.

Any final thoughts before I place an order later today?

tripp,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
get a PD....after you have used it for a bit report back on your needs, if any at all

:peace:

edit// oh yeah and for gods sake read around more...there's really not that much info to dig thru to figure out whats up. open your eyes a lil wider ;)

editX2 Im with AoZ on this one. the PD is a cannabis utensil at its finest. :brow:

Hennessy1414,

max

Out to lunch
I would probably get most satisfaction from a whip vape and have narrowed my choices down to Da Buddha or Vapolution.
These two are quite different actually. The Vapo is more portable, with the 12V operation making car use easy with the supplied adapter and also the optional battery pack. However, having been a long time Vapo user, the Purple-Days (known here as the PD) clobbers the Vapo in every area (unless an all glass vapor path is your main concern) except quick heat up. And most users just leave the 12V PD on all the time. And the PD is even more efficient than the Vapo, which also has a smaller than average bowl.

The Da Buddha will give you the huge hits of a standard whip vape. It's definitely a great buy in this price range. The PD won't hit as big, but is the king of efficiency and durability. Think of it as a much better version of the Aromazap. Both vapes were inspired by the Eterra, but the zap was a pale imitation, where the soft wood is designed to fail. The PD is a big improvement, with an ingenious stainless steel heat exchanger and RoHS compliant (think 'safe') parts.

Do some reading here and decide which attributes are important to you. My advice- get a PD AND a DBV. Enjoy the best of both worlds. If you can't afford both now, pick one and save your lunch money for the other. ;)

max,

Beezleb

If you want the bigger draws I recommend the DB. You can do bigger bowls or do the same size bowls of the pd, its all up to your preference. However, the PD does a better job in providing thicker draws at smaller amounts than DBV. The DBV will vape the same amount of herb to the same degree but the draws are noticeably thinner compared to the pd in my opinion. I believe this to be because the DBV is built for larger bowls where the PD is designed for efficiency.

If you want efficiency and probably the best performance at small amounts, the pd I recommend. In my opinion the PD is one of the top of models in efficiency.

If you want bags and whips the extreme is the way to go. Check out the extreme thread as theirs a post on how to get bigger draws from the extremes whip than from normal extreme whip use and this has made the whip option for those who like bigger thicker draws more favorable than it was viewed before.

In the end I suggest selecting a vape that matches your style and needs. The PD is similar to the vape that you were using. Either way, its all win!

Beezleb,

tripp

Hennessy, I did quite a bit of reading, but I was having difficulty making up my mind.

Thanks for the replies, and I think Max's suggestion of a DBV and PD sounds like a good one. I can continue using my Zap for now and get the Buddha, and when I pay off the bill I'll pick up a PD.

Happy vaping!

tripp,

max

Out to lunch
Good decision tripp. :tup: Quite a few of us here have either the DBV or SSV and a PD. They go well together. :ssv: :luv: ;pd;

max,

Phaang

Fog Huffer
I own several vaporizers (quickly collecting more than I can use!!). I split between the Happy Vappy (works somewhat like the PD) and Da Buddha (is that "the Da Buddha" or just "Da Buddha"??). When I want a laid-back, easy vaping experience while watching tv, playing a video game, etc, the HappyVappy works great. When I am focused on getting a vast buzz, then it's out with the DBV. It's nice to have a couple on hand. I'd get the PD first, then the DBV. Just my :2c:

Phaang,

tripp

Yeah, I probably would go for the PD first if my Aromazap wasn't still working (despite it's repairs and bruises). The idea of having a vape to get me blasted without several refills sounds like what I was missing.

tripp,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
If you have your own bong, the Vriptech Heat Wand is almost under 200 - or you can check out their Stimulus Package which i think is pretty darn good deal. Or check out the Magic Flight Tube, thats the one I have been eyeing!

stonemonkey55,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
I would still say after all this time to go with an Extreme vaporizer , it will just do whatever you want and as vapor quality its' still my favorite .

:2c:

Clear_Dome,

tripp

Well.. I was already indecisive enough, now you point me toward the launch tube and it looks intriguing. I had seen the wand on youtube and it also has caught my eye.

Ah well I'll decide eventually.:brow:

tripp,

max

Out to lunch
A DBV would give you the big hitter. If I were you I'd get something to complement it- A PD or something even more portable maybe.

max,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
bottom line...you will get high on any of these vapes NO MATTER WHAT. so in end the end....it really doesn't matter

:peace:

Hennessy1414,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom