Travel to North Carolina

Bazinga

Will be vacationing in Asheville NC. Apparently NC is not a legal State. We will be staying in a hotel and will be buying a smell proof bag before we leave.

Questions:
1. Do we need to be paranoid about bringing weed and edibles with us?
2. Recommndations for a smell proof bag?
3. Any must see attractions in Asheville?

I am a medical user.

Bazinga,

Madtater

I can answer #2 for you.

STASHLOGIX SMELL CONTROL BAG with Combination Lock Smell Free Storage Bag: The Silverton (Medium-Black) https://a.co/d/bfgYveR

This is the one i have (although it was not this expensive when i bought it). Have had it about a year and a half. Works FANTASTIC! Absolutely zero smell until you open it.

While i agree it is expensive, i recommend this to everyone who asks.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Call Curate and beg to get in... smother them with kindness, ask if they have any cancellations, and they may squeeze you in for one of the most delicious and most memorable meals.

Have no worry about oder, no one will bother you at all. TSA is not after your drugs, especially if you have personal amounts.

FlyingLow,

Bazinga

Checked out Curate's menu. Looks great. Will be making reservations. Thanks !!

We are driving not flying. We were concerned that the hotel staff might report us if the room reeks of cannabis. Flown Southwest Airlines many times with weed. Never had a problem. However, we were going to legal states.

Bazinga,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I've had issue with hotel staff even in the great free states like Co and Cali. Take comfort you can casually smoke outside anywhere, I recommend taking a portable or two down for a walk.

kimura

NC has been somewhat decriminalized for decades. I believe it’s just a ticket up to 1.5oz, and in my experience nobody really gives a shit about it. Been smoking out on the OBX since mid 90s and never had an issue. Just be chill and somewhat discreet and you’ll be fine. Probably don’t hotbox your hotel room though

kimura,

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Don't forget to try the whole hog bbq in NC. You're on the west side so the sauce is often tomato based, but I would also try the vinegar based sauces too.

BabyFacedFinster,

Kebo1923

Asheville is unique there has been a drum circle for years that smells of combustion. In general most people turn a blind eye to discreet personal use. Make sure to check out West Asheville. Chiller vibes than downtown and great food. Booty's Meat Market is an amazing food truck usually at One World Brewing in West Ashville. Billy Goat Tacos is great for breakfast. Trashy Vegan just moved from a food truck to a permanent location, not a vegan myself but good food is good food. 9-Mile is some unique Caribbean/Jamaican fusion. If you are a fan of glass art (both functional and non) Level 42 Gallery & Studio is a must. If you drink Ginger's Revenge is great and unique ginger beer, Pleb Urban Winery is fun, and Archetype is smaller but my go to for craft beer.

For bags I use Skunk Bags and Jyarz.

Darth Gram Gram

For craft beer, I recommend Burial Brewing in Asheville! I believe their are a few THCa weed vendors around there as well.

Darth Gram Gram,
Reactions: Kebo1923

Bazinga

It was. Returned home July 6th. Took some of the recommendations provided in this thread and had a wonderful time.

Bazinga,
Top Bottom