Toronto Medical Marijuana-Hemp Expo

Bruce@Zephyr

Vapor Fan
Manufacturer
http://medicalmarijuana-hempexpo.com

July 16th-18th 2010: Toronto, Canada.

Thought some of you may be interested. There is going to be a 10k square foot vapor lounge. Should be good times had by all. Zephyr Vaporizers is one of the sponsors.

We have 10 spare tickets. 5 will go to the first who ask, the other 5 will probably be some type of contest winnings.

Bruce@Zephyr,

Beezleb

Wish I could go, got relatives, Jumped the gun a bit but when I saw the dates I heard Homer in the background going DOH!

Beezleb,

the electrician

if you could slide one my way that would be most good. most good.

oh yea - are the tickets for the whole 3 days or just one (i was gonna go for just a day but id go 3 times without much persuasion)?

the electrician,

Bruce@Zephyr

Vapor Fan
Manufacturer
the electrician said:
if you could slide one my way that would be most good. most good.

oh yea - are the tickets for the whole 3 days or just one (i was gonna go for just a day but id go 3 times without much persuasion)?
The tickets get you in for the duration

Bruce@Zephyr,

SmogTown

:( Too bad I have to work that weekend. Oh well there's next year hopefully. That's nice to offer free tickets I hope the convention is succeess.

SmogTown,

nicelytoasted

Vaked Chemist
Being from the area, I definitely plan on attending.

A ticket from you guys would be much appreciated!

nicelytoasted,

Bruce@Zephyr

Vapor Fan
Manufacturer
Done. If those of you who want a ticket would send me an email, I will be able to keep it better organized and be certain not to leave anyone out. I do believe 4 are spoken for and I will be giving away another 6. Screw a contest, just ask.

Bruce@Zephyr,

PerseusStoned

I sincerely wish I could take you up on this, thanks for being so kind and offering them.

PerseusStoned,

Derf

I'm in NY, and Toronto isn't that far away for me. I'd love to go. Do you have a ticket left? Actually, my brother is only an hour north of me (even closer to Toronto) and he'd love to go... can we have TWO tickets?? PLEASE?

Derf,

Bruce@Zephyr

Vapor Fan
Manufacturer
I am glad to b able to help out, sorry to say the first 10 tickets are gone. If more become available I will post. Everyone who has asked so far will get tickets.

Bruce@Zephyr,

Derf

So I was reading the Canadian Hemp Expo in Toronto this summer has a 10,000 square foot vapor lounge, and it occurred to me that I have no idea what that would be like.

I assume there will be vaporizers there. Are they simply showcasing different model vaporizers, basically to just look at them, or is there going to be live demoing going on? Do we get to try these vaporizers out, and if so who's putting what into them? Is this like a bring your own supply to try :brow::D
And should I be bringing sanitary wipes to prevent catching anything that potentially hundreds of unwashed masses will be putting their lips on?

Derf,

mattybass

Quasi-Intellectual
They will most likely have vapes there... I was in Vancouver at one of Marc Emery's shops (Urban Shaman I think it was called) and they had a vapor lounge right in the middle of the store, hehe. The girl told us you bring your own bud and it appeared they had Volcanoes set up at little tables with couches. Sort of a neat idea. It's right by the Cafe Amsterdam in Gastown.

mattybass,

Derf

I'd be all for bring-your-own-and-use-our-machines, but I'm not familiar with Canadian law. Would that be legal? This is a medical marijuana / hemp expo.

Derf,

Willeh

There's a few vapor lounges in a few major cities across Canada. They're not technically illegal since they don't supply the the herbs, there's no indoor smoking laws being broken, and canada police are lax. Lots are free to be at or you just need to order food from them. There's about 3 in vancouver that are pretty open about their buisness. I know there's one in Toronto too, so I'm pretty sure the expo will be pretty open about using you own material at the lounge.

Edit: Though I don't recomend bringing weed over borders and clean your vaporizers before bringing them

Willeh,

MacRadish

We have vapor lounges inside dispensaries here in Colorado. All set to disappear on July 1st when a bill the governor signed goes into effect which makes it illegal to consume on dispensary property.

Here, they are basically a room with various vapes set up. I carry a VG and occasionally use it in a lounge or two.

Bring Pipe Wipes.

MacRadish,

Derf

MacRadish said:
We have vapor lounges inside dispensaries here in Colorado. All set to disappear on July 1st when a bill the governor signed goes into effect which makes it illegal to consume on dispensary property.

Here, they are basically a room with various vapes set up. I carry a VG and occasionally use it in a lounge or two.

Bring Pipe Wipes.
That sucks. Why would Colorado allow medical marijuana and dispensaries, but not want the patients consuming medicine at the dispensary? What advantage does that bring by making using at the source illegal? I can't really wrap my mind around why they would pass that bill - for what gain?

@Willeh - if you don't recommend crossing borders with anything, what good will a vapor lounge in Canada be for me?? :cool:

Derf,

steiner666

Serial vapist
omfg, if they allowed shit like this around here I'd be at least 500x more social than i am lol

steiner666,

MacRadish

Derf said:
That sucks. Why would Colorado allow medical marijuana and dispensaries, but not want the patients consuming medicine at the dispensary?
It's not "Colorado" per se. It's the Law Enforcement arm of Colorado. The people of Colorado voted medical marijuana into the states Constitution to the dismay of Law Enforcement. This is Law Enforcments way of fighting back if you ask me.

There are already lawsuits being drafted against some of the laws going into effect on July 1st. Local legal teams suggest many provisions are unconstitutional, such as giving municipalities the power to outright ban dispensaries from even setting up shop. Or the "armed auditors" that can ask for a dispensary's paperwork without a warrant. Or the new requirement that makes a dispensary have to grow 70% of what they sell. There are a lot of 'em. Some good ones though, like the recognition that some patients may need more then 6 plants (the states allowed amount to grow) because they make and use edibles to treat their condition.

Time will tell.

Back to the vapor lounge,,,,one local dispensary is doing this:

"To properly say goodbye to our beloved vape-lounge, we will be hosting a "Going Away BBQ & Vape-Out" on Sunday, June 27th from 3pm - 6pm"

I'll be there.

MacRadish,

Derf

Looks like my thread on the vapor lounge was merged with the Hemp Expo thread....
... also looks like my wireless keyboard batteries are dying. DRAT!

On the going away BBQ - that looks great, but so sad to see a dispensary shuttering its doors. :(

In the interest of the [New] topic - the Toronto hemp expo and the vapor lounge - ...
.. if one were going to be crossing a country's border with an illegal substance ... how much would you take and how would you stash it?

In truth I personally wouldn't worry about it too much, I've been to Canada many times and I've never been stopped or searched going in OR out. Granted, the last time was about 5 years ago. But if its for personal use, I can't imagine it'd be that much, and there would be any number of places I could stash it in a car or luggage.

... but I just want to keep this thread going and see how many topics we can cover before some real info for the Toronto Hemp Expo appears since it is still a good month and a half out.

Derf,

MacRadish

Derf said:
On the going away BBQ - that looks great, but so sad to see a dispensary shuttering its doors. :(
Just the vape lounge doors are being shut, as far as I know, Herbal Connections the dispensary will remain open.

MacRadish,

Samsquanch

Vapor Astronaut
For real , if your gonna cross with "herbs" , keep it on yourself . Do not store it in your luggage or in your car . If you do , that will make it a vessel of transport and they will take seize it if they find it. :cool:

Samsquanch,

Bruce@Zephyr

Vapor Fan
Manufacturer
My advice would be to not bring anything across the border in either direction. First off, it is like bringing sand to the beach, I don't think medication will be an issue for anyone there.

Speaking of who all will be there,.. can I get a confirmation so I know how many tickets I need to get off of?

Who is going with me?

Bruce@Zephyr,

Beezleb

I have relatives staying. I had wanted to go when I first saw this but then I realized timing. I need to go to high times or some weed news place and check out the expo dates and such so I can plan.

Beezleb,
Top Bottom