Torch/Butane Powered Vapes

Chandler

@bounce5 Thanks for taking the time. I appreciate your breakdown. If you don't mind could you speak on vapor quality and potency between the Lotus and Vapman? Lotus being convection, vapman conduction, i'd think the vapor quality might be superior with the Lotus? however, .03 in my vapman, surprisingly incredible potency. how do they compare??

Chandler,

bounce5

I think they are both potent. I can't say which one is definitely more potent. Each vape has it's own vape signature. Vapman has been called the best of conduction. Lotus is also pretty much the best of convection. But they both f*** you up well. I think you get used to vapes and your tolerance goes up, so it's good to combine the two or switch between the two. I like using both when I want to get really high.

It's true that convection is kind of a fluffier vapor that is more flavorful- not a huuuge difference, but just a bit different. But the Vapman gives great hits in my opinion. The flavor is good for the first few hits and then goes down the popcorn flavor/charred woody flavor. Convection (with the Lotus) will/can get the charred flavor too just a bit later. I like conduction a lot though. I think convection is great, but overrated. Conduction is great too when done well, and the Vapman definitely does it well.

Chandler

@bounce5 wonderful. thanks for your input. still learning how to best use my vapman, but the more i see the overall picture, i'm not dissapointed that i didn't get a Lotus...... as yet!

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
@bounce5 Thanks for taking the time. I appreciate your breakdown. If you don't mind could you speak on vapor quality and potency between the Lotus and Vapman? Lotus being convection, vapman conduction, i'd think the vapor quality might be superior with the Lotus? however, .03 in my vapman, surprisingly incredible potency. how do they compare??

The Lotus is convection where the Vapman is Conduction so very different beasts. I like to use both through water though! You have to barely torch the vapman to get the conduction heat going. You have to torch the shit out of the lotus to heat the plate enough to heat the air going past enough to vape the weed. But for the extra torch use you get more flavor IMO.

If I am going to use it dry, on the road I lean towards the vapman. And sometimes I throw it in the bottom of my PWTA too.
At home I prefer the Lotus through water I think, although they are both fantastic.

Apples and oranges, gotta get both I guess? :shrug:

FDC6AAF3-A624-456D-831E-2239A604A7E3_zpsaagcgt5o.jpg

0145FD0D-9D0E-4501-BC66-E5AC2F0C954B_zpsappsllvv.jpg

4B16D391-717A-49BA-806F-7F338DB47CB5_zpsuf9kov6y.jpg

Chandler

You have to torch the shit out of the lotus to heat the plate enough to heat the air going past enough to vape the weed. But for the extra torch use you get more flavor IMO.
Thanks! do you think the edge in flavor is lost on the vapman because of the "woody" flavor added to the vapor? i feel i'm getting used to the 'woodiness', but at low temps the flavor is still nice...

Chandler,

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Thanks! do you think the edge in flavor is lost on the vapman because of the "woody" flavor added to the vapor? i feel i'm getting used to the 'woodiness', but at low temps the flavor is still nice...

No, I kinda like the woodiness ;). It's purely the difference in a convection vs conduction style vaporizer. You can get some nice flavor off of the vapman, but the Lotus convection takes flavor to near Evo level.

mrbonsai420,
Reactions: bounce5

The Beagle

Bubbles & Bags
The Vapman is also great through a waterpipe.

How do you use it with water?
I found that it works better if you torch it while drawing, I posted my setup here in the Vapman thread.
Soon or later I will buy a Lotus, only drawback is that I can't find a EU based seller so as somone else said I'll have to deal with taxes and customs.

The Beagle,

Daily

Got my lotus at vapefiend. Tbh it's my favorite, nice flavor, awesome on waterpieces, can be used for smaller hits too.
My other buthane vape would be the vapman. This little fella is golden too...
I use my vapman mainly for outside, or for when I want a quick hit. Or for a quick little session. Imo the vapman is really efficient and it vapes really evenly. I also like torching before hitting more than torching while hitting ( like with the lotus ).
But like I said, the lotus takes the crown ( for me ) as I like using glass while vaping+ the lotus was my first vape with wich I really f*cked combustion, so it will always hold a special place in my heart :D

surprisingly incredible potency.

Many of us have found the vapman is one of if not the most efficient vape around with good technique. It certainly produces more effect point for point than the lotus (and a myriad of other convection vaporizers) in my own experience, I believe its actually due in part to the conduction and radiant heat. Most of us chalk it up to magic.

That's not to say the vapman is necessarily the best or whatever, its just super efficient and produces a particularly unique signature. I highly suggest opting for an on demand convection unit to even out your quiver though, I especially like the Triihouse vapes/StickyBrick Labs, vapor genie, and hammer.

The Beagle

Bubbles & Bags

I wanted to buy the hi temp cap and water tool adapter only and I would have to make two separate orders as Verdampftnochmal doesn't have the adapter in stock while vapefiend has it but not the cap itself...
Anyway after a quite expensive 2015 I made the vow of no new vapes for this year so I guess I'll just wait 'till january and take another look around.

The Beagle,

Tiny88

Deluxe420
Hey what about the Vaponic? I have an Omnivap TI and a Vapman as well, and I have owned a VaporGenie.

IMO the Omnivap is great to travel around with as it is very discreet and easy to use. The Vapman is also a really fun vape to use, however not as discreet.

Out of all the butane vapes I own/or have owned the Vaponic is far superior when it comes to how smooth the vapor quality is. The downside is the learning curve... it takes a bit of finesse in terms of heat up time. I have combusted my herbs a few times using different lighters (i.e. single flame vs. multi flame). Another downside is that it is glass, and glass inevitably breaks at some point. If anyone is willing to invest the time to be proficient and enjoys the ritual of vaping the Vaponic is definitely worth a consideration.

Cheers,

Tiny88

Tiny88,
Top Bottom