Topical Use

GenYHippie

Hello all :). Having issues figuring out the search feature so here I post again :p. This board seemed to have the most discussion of topical MJ use so I figure as good as anyplace to begin.

When I went to a brick and mortar dispensary they showed me the creams but it wasn't in my budget at the time so I didn't ask much. What I would like to know is what kind of extractions work for topical use. Doe sit have to be alcohol or can it be oil?

Im pretty experienced at infusing oils for topicals (comfrey, arnica, ginger, chilli peppers, ect...) for body oil and salve. Is it just as simple to do with MJ? Not looking to hijack anyones recipe just general guidelines. I have eczema so most lotions are off limits to me because of topical irritants like fragrance and preservatives.

Hence why I stick to salves, just oil and wax doesn't need anything to prevent bacterial growth as long are your cautious about dipping in. I wouldn't mind making a cream id just refrigerate it and make small batches.

I have a lot of pain in my neck, hips, and hands figure any boost to my routine could be of help.

TIA GenYHippie

GenYHippie,

Snake Plissken

Transcendentalist
I typically use coconut oil for a base and beeswax to thicken it up into a more pleasant, thicker texture. I keep a big jug in the fridge and refill smaller containers for daily use. Pretty much the same process as making medibles, except for the less palatable bases. While I want mj to be the dominant med in the mix, I add comfrey, arnica flowers, etc to the pot. Just like making medibles. I add as little oil as possible to do the work so that the end product is stronger.

GenYHippie

I typically use coconut oil for a base and beeswax to thicken it up into a more pleasant, thicker texture. I keep a big jug in the fridge and refill smaller containers for daily use. Pretty much the same process as making medibles, except for the less palatable bases. While I want mj to be the dominant med in the mix, I add comfrey, arnica flowers, etc to the pot. Just like making medibles. I add as little oil as possible to do the work so that the end product is stronger.

Thank you for the input Snake Plissken :). Coconut is always one of my base oils so I buy it in huge tubs. Once my vape gets here I will start saving up my ABV's

GenYHippie,
Top Bottom