florduh

I'll throw Stiiizy into the mix. Really strong distillate cartridge in a Juul-like form factor. The taste is pretty good, and a hit until the battery times out is basically a "dab". One big hit is more than enough for me.

I don't love that it uses a proprietary battery and cartridge, but I really like how pocketable is, and the performance.

Here's a recent review: https://dabconnection.com/reviews/stiiizy-pen/

florduh,

Tranquility

Brass knuckles are getting sued in the hope of getting approved as a class action.

https://www.wilsonelser.com/news_an...medium=syndication&utm_campaign=View-Original

On May 10, 2018, a vape cartridge customer filed a consumer class action in Los Angeles Superior Court against cannabis brand Brass Knuckles and Alvin Nathaniel Joiner, better known as the rapper Xzibit. Also named is SC Laboratories Inc. (SC Labs), the logo of which appears on the vape cartigage product’s packaging.

Allegations of False Advertising, Misbranding and Adulteration
The complaint alleges breach of warranty, false advertising, unfair competition, misbranding and adulteration of Brass Knuckles−branded THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) concentrate vape cartridges as a result of alleged pesticide contamination and inaccurate marketing statements regarding the product's THC concentration. Specifically, the complaint states:...​

The article concludes with a prediction:

Our team has predicted a coming wave of this type of cannabis consumer class action based on allegations of false advertising and unfair competition. As we discussed in earlier papers on the topic (New Rules for Cannabis: The Coming Wave of California False Advertising and Unfair Competition Claims and Marijuana Marketing: The Do’s and Don’ts of Cannabis Advertising in California ), these claims are premised on violation of the state cannabis regulations, but are actionable under state consumer protection laws. It is essential for every California cannabis business to have a solid grasp of the cannabis regulations and the unfair competition laws to fairly compete in the new cannabis marketplace, and to avoid being named as an unwitting defendant in an expensive and potentially company-ending lawsuit.

Further complicating matters, insurance companies often decline coverage for these claims, leaving the company to fend for itself. As we have previously observed, this has proven disastrous for the dietary supplement industry over the past decade, with many companies forced to shut down after being found liable for uninsured damages and fees. History may be repeating itself with the cannabis industry. Although claims brought under the UCL and CLRA will be difficult to avoid as the California cannabis market expands, a well-informed licensee may nevertheless effectively mitigate its risk through vigilance and by instituting best practices consistent with the regulations.

This is one of the first – and certainly the most high-profile yet – of many more cannabis unfair competition cases to be filed. Stay tuned.​

Top Bottom