Too many embedded links on page

2pumpchump

Thanks guys I was wondering if it was my internet. But have noticed more in certain treads now you mention it it does seem like the ones with more pictures video and stuff.
Since I have posted a handful myself I will try to clear up space on older space when I get off work.

2pumpchump,
Reactions: CANtalk

CANtalk

There's some threads like the ones where music videos are posted that always crash for me. Several browsers on latest iOS and macOS suffer from this issue. Is it possible to prevent pages from embedding every link? Or alternatively, show less posts per page?
Just saw this thread, that sucks. I think the music threads have some of the best content on FC :love:.

I've been adding multiple songs per post on music threads because of the FC rule not allowing a user consecutive thread posts unless the first post is at least 6 hrs old, https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/jyarz-storage-containers.9346/page-3#post-385752. Hey mods, because a high amount of linked media content is crashing music threads on FC for some people, can the consecutive thread post rule be relaxed for those music threads?

Paging @Stu @pakalolo @Grass Yes

:peace: :leaf:

Last edited:

Perfect_Speed4069

I am the beetle in a box that only you can see
Ive been wondering for a while why we don't just add to a shared playlist

Perfect_Speed4069,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Just saw this thread, that sucks. I think the music threads have some of the best content on FC :love:.

I've been adding multiple songs per post on music threads because of the FC rule not allowing a user consecutive thread posts unless the first post is at least 6 hrs old, https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/jyarz-storage-containers.9346/page-3#post-385752. Hey mods, because a high amount of linked media content is crashing music threads on FC for some people, can the consecutive thread post rule be relaxed for those music threads?

Paging @Stu @pakalolo @Grass Yes

I actually don't think that would help, if you posted 20 videos, in 20 back to back posts, instead of 20 in one post, I think it would still crash the page or continue to load extremely slow... Also, nothing is going to happen if you post back-to-back there, unless one of them notices it and follows that thread, or if it is reported, it's not really a problem, in a thread like that it would certainly skate by I think... Although yeah I don't think it would make any difference!:shrug:something that might actually help though, is if you posted only the links alone, not any embedded video

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
if you posted 20 videos, in 20 back to back posts, instead of 20 in one post, I think it would still crash the page
Although, I don't know the number of posts per page, and don't care enough to count lol, but if there's 20 posts per page, that's the difference between 20 embedded videos, and 400 on one page. I'm sure that makes a difference if you're connection is a little slow. I have to say though, those pages load quite quickly for me and don't cause a problem, but I've got gigabit internet that doesn't struggle very often :shrug:

FWIW (very little) I haven't noticed any problems with PCs or android devices with any browser, it has to be said I don't go to those music threads however, other than when I was testing for this topic.

CANtalk

Here's the math & yes it helps. 25 linked media on one page (25 posts per page) vs 125. It's easy to observe slow page load times on all my connections including fiber internet. No crashing on the laptop or desktop thankfully (on both wifi & fiber).

CANtalk,
Reactions: Cheebsy

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I thought it was 26 pages? But yes I said 20 just as a general example not to be specific... And crashing was also an extreme, I think what was initially said, what I experienced, it makes the entire page extremely slow to load and most of those videos take forever to pop up, on mobile Android browser at least, so I avoid that thread even though I was initially interested

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Cheebsy

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
I've felt that no more than 2-3 embedded vids per post per 20 post page is a good rule of thumb for awhile now... pics (unless they're huge), and back-to-back posts don't really matter all that much, particularly with these superfluous Lounge threads, imo... unless you're obviously just bumping your own stuff being annoying etc, which most don't.

Yeah, your new music thread won't load without error on my iPhone 15 Pro over wi-fi atm, @CANtalk.... PC's fine tho.

Last edited:
Top Bottom