Tolerance Break Symptoms - What Happens When You Stop?

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
B. said:
i vape once or twice on days i work once i get home, and most o9f the day on my days off. i rarely remember my dreams unless i take melatonin, which gives me awesome dreams. super vived. i never stop formore than a day or two, and i don't feel any withdrawal but i always take the melatonin to fall asleep.

Melatonin is fantastic. I do not take it everyday - it would make me sluggish unless I can be assured of a complete sleep cycle which is rare for me. I don't need it to fall asleep; a few hits off the vape when I'm by myself and I invariably fall asleep with the sometimes the PD or whip vape hose in hand.
But I like melatonin for its restful effect and for the lucid dreaming it engenders.
You get a window of sleep opportunity about a half hour after you take melatonin and if it passes and you're not in bed, you probably won't experience its sleep induction.
All melatonin is not alike though - years ago I had a bottle of a brand mixed with a vitamin; I don't recall the brand or the vitamin, but it sort of put you on your lucid dream ass.

jeffp,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Nycdeisel said:
I KNOW that is directed towards more light users, but I just wanted to update this. I was vaporizing heavily- multiple times every day. Im now on day 10 of my break, and I just started to get those really very vivid, sometimes even scary, dreams. Im reaching the thc 'half life', being 10 days clean. I stopped cold turkey btw, didnt try to cut down at all, just stopped on a whim.

I might come and update this further into my break if I feel the need.

20 days clean is a formidable accomplishment. Luckily for me it's self enforced a few times a year for anywhere from one week to one month when my daughter stays with me and every other weekend - just a decision that I made, that I don't want her aware or exposed to this aspect of my life at least not now.
Working out, going to the gym, going out, going for walks in the city, etc., all of this helps facilitate restoration of the non stoned state.
I have gone through very long periods of not using at all - years in fact.
Luckily and paradoxically for us, we're sort of addicted to a non addictive drug and I mean that in a positive sense.
Good luck with your drying out... Enjoy the straight head as a new head.

jeffp,

momatik

VW this is somewhat related but did you feel like your t-break supplemented with with the otc's was more effective i.e. did you get higher after that length of t-break than you normally would? Or was it not really a noticeable difference?

momatik,

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
jeffp said:
Nycdeisel said:
I KNOW that is directed towards more light users, but I just wanted to update this. I was vaporizing heavily- multiple times every day. Im now on day 10 of my break, and I just started to get those really very vivid, sometimes even scary, dreams. Im reaching the thc 'half life', being 10 days clean. I stopped cold turkey btw, didnt try to cut down at all, just stopped on a whim.

20 days clean is a formidable accomplishment. Luckily for me it's self enforced a few times a year for anywhere from one week to one month when my daughter stays with me and every other weekend - just a decision that I made, that I don't want her aware or exposed to this aspect of my life at least not now.
Working out, going to the gym, going out, going for walks in the city, etc., all of this helps facilitate restoration of the non stoned state.
Luckily and paradoxically for us, we're sort of addicted to a non addictive drug and I mean that in a positive sense.
Great post Jeff!
I am a three times a day user but it is usually just about 3 full elbow packs a day, and I am considering taking a T-Break with my next vacation in about a week. Generally, vaping sort of helps to combine the two sides of my brain and adds largely to my creativity and productivity. In the past I noticed that maintaining a slight buzz was best for me. I have some anxiety issues (PTSD and stress related) So I am wondering what my upcoming experience will be like (even though I might bring a little with me in case of emergency or emotional crash) As far as more REM sleep or more vivid dreams that sounds okay with me, but I would not want to experience any latent irritability because I have opted not to vape.

This is a great thread, and I will check back to see what others are saying soon. I wish all of you fortitude to decide for yourself what is the right way for you... :peace:

Bluntcrush,

lwien

Yeah, I don't vape nearly as much as most here, but even so, I can definitely tell when my tolerance begins to creep up and when it does, I'll go on a two to three day break. That's all it takes to bring it back down before I have to do this again in a few weeks.

But that 2 to 3 day break is kind of nice in that it gives me a different head space, which is kind of refreshing along with some interesting dreaming.

lwien,

Nycdeisel

jeffp said:
Nycdeisel said:

Thanks! I am not quite sure that I will go until 20 days on the dot, I am thinking of ending my break on either monday or wednesday, with spring break and the holidays and all. I found each day to get easier, for instance, my second day SUCKED, the third day was much better, funny how these things work. I went longboarding as much as I could, to curb my time inside sitting here with all my herb related supplies. Getting outside and doing stuff helps a ton! I thought that right now I would be pretty tempted to break but I dont see myself reaching for my cold PD or anything :)

However, I do see myself again getting into an unhealthy routine when I resume, but I will try to cut it down from my multiple time a day routine that I had before I started this break.

I WAS going to go and get myself something nice(like a new board) but it is raining. alas, I am stuck inside again. I will just wait and hope it is nicer tomorrow. I thought it would be a good reward since yesterday marked two weeks for me.

Nycdeisel,

RussyRoo

My use varies quite a bit. Usually I use maybe 5 times a week or so, but I am prone to the odd 'binge week' here and there, where I will use all day everyday.

The only negative thing I notice when I stop is that I can be pretty irritable for the first day or two of a tbreak. I get worked up over stupid shit that usually wouldn't phase me in the slightest. The higher my tolerance when I stop using, the more irritable I am. My friend says he gets the same thing. Thankfully, knowing the cause, I find it quite easy to just suck it up and get over whats pissing me off without making a fuss. Like everyone has said, I think the best way to ease yourself into a tbreak is to be really active for the first few days. It keeps you occupied and tires you out. A weeks skiing works best for me!! Much love to all the fellow tbreakers out there, 17 days clean and counting!! (420 is going to be a BLAST :D)

RussyRoo,

djonkoman

in 1,5-2 weeks I can report exactly how I will react to a complete break of a week, friday I'm going to rome for a week so to be safe I won't take anything related to vaping/smoking weed with me
so maybe I'll meet a stoner and it won't be a complete break, but I assume it will just be a weeklong break

djonkoman,

VWFringe

Naruto Fan
day four this time, and i've managed to keep my mouth closed - mostly

momatik said:
VW this is somewhat related but did you feel like your t-break supplemented with with the otc's was more effective i.e. did you get higher after that length of t-break than you normally would? Or was it not really a noticeable difference?

EDIT: Day 5 - so much better now, but i didn't use the supplements this time - next time i will - it helped last time, and some dark chocolate and fish pill yesterday prolly helped, but I need to start that regimine beforehand, and be healthier too

my daily calories come too much from refined sugar - i use it as a drug (DIY caramel corn), but stopped a few days ago

Mom:
i only like to do small amounts too (inhale 2-3 times), every 2-4 hours tho
high tolerance = 15 hits
I am very resistant to stopping even when i know i should, trying to change.

VWFringe,

VWFringe

Naruto Fan
lwien said:
RussyRoo said:
A weeks skiing works best for me!!

How often do you take a break? I think I'm envious.

i'm envious of both of you....

lwien for your usage patterns
RussyRoo for .... Doing the excercise! (thanks for the note, 'the higher the tolerance, the higher the fall')

i hope i'll effect change out of ...what i hope is a mini-educational process, i could be just stroking it, but maybe i'll talk myself into doing something out of these threads and the connections i think i;m makeing

VWFringe,

VWFringe

Naruto Fan
luchiano said:
VWfringe, try eating around 2-3 ounces of nuts and seeds daily(try to eat different ones each day) and this should ease your problem due to their high amounts of good fats, proteins, mineralsand other chemicals we are learning about that help the immune system stay away from inflammation which I think is the problem some have when stopping cannabis. In other words the cannabis is acting as a powerful anti-inflammatory and when they stop they don't have anything to takes it's place so the body tries to adjust and you get these issues.

you know what, ur right, fuck it, for too many months i've been allocating my daily fat intake to bad fats, and thinking i just didn't have room for nuts, but like you said, healthy fats, wow, ok

i could'a been having shell fish or nuts or avacado, which i enjoy...well, i still need to cook (don't need to make caramel corn every day), ...gonna reduce the oils and get me some a dem good fats, thanks

I got very good at making homemade caramel corn, and used it once a day (like a drug) since christmas

summary of my last t-break - tolerance was very high, receptors must have been pretty full
no effects first 24,
nervous, irritable
thoughts of vaping not really a problem
Did not eat - should have
started eating day three-four
i think i looked looked like an addict and only partly because of sleep

i used "thought stopping" and "thought replacement" and mood log CBT skills from anger management class & it definitely helped Turn Down the Volume on several occasions)

day four could speak again (you know ...without pissing people off)
day five pretty well over it,

went in to vape, much better onset and duration, it's like weed again,
worked on the backyard,
cool, cool, cool,

i wonder if lower resistance means more back pain, started feeling it more after day four

gonna change my diet, see what hapens

i got real good at small batches of caramel corn, I could tell by the consistency and didn't need a candy thermometer. i don't know, as skills go...hahaha

anybody want a batch of caramel corn?

VWFringe,

Nycdeisel

I'll take some. also today Im gonna start my break again, even if I suddenly decide to cut it short sometime this weekend. even since resuming just over a week ago, my habits have become the same, im just going through the motions, loading and hitting the vape all the time, being bored is my biggest weakness and during my break I was bored as fuck, but I think the nicer weather is a sign :peace:

these habits need to change!

Nycdeisel,

djonkoman

reporting back after my week in rome
it wasn't totally sober(I went to an alternative bar with some friends and on the way we were aproached by a dealer on the streets, I myself didn't buy because I didn't trust the preground weed full of stems and seeds, coming from albania according to the dealer so I would rather goo without then spent money on that, but one of my friends did buy a baggie for 10 euro and we smoked from it together 3 times, first time I got a heavy indicafelling so not so nice, 2nd time I had less and had an okay mild effect, third time I didn't feel like getting high so I just took 2 very small puffs because I liked the idea iof sitting in a park with very nice sunny weather smoking a joint with friends)

I didn't feel any withdrawal symptoms from weed, and also didn't really miss it there were a few ocassions that I thought it would be perfect to be able to smoke/vape some but it was more like thinking a nice cup of coffee would be nice
but I did get drunk almost every night so maybe my results aren't really representative(getting drunk is great once in a while but usually I prefer being high and the combo doesn't work well for me, so this was the perfect oppurtunity to get drunk again)
also now I know why I prefer weed, one night is a total dark gap in my memory(I remember the first part of the night, but from the last part of the night there is only one moment I remember, the moment I was in my bed puking in the trashcan my friends had positioned there for me)
but I did find out I can handle my liquor pretty well, even that night I didn't do anything stupid according to my friends, I even heard from some girls that I had offered to help them back to their room together with another friend because we 2 were the most sober(according to what I said to them that night)
and I also didn't get any hangover, not the classic hangover at least, never had one, but one night this week that I drank the most in my entire life I think(not the memorygap night, but it's a close tie between those 2 I think because the memorygapnight I drank less but with higher percentage) I did get an aftereffect in the morning, but it was nothing like the classic hangover, quite the opposite, I felt really great, full of energy and very well rested(better rested then after a regular weekendnight at home, while I only had 3-4 hours of sleep every night this week)
I did get this same effect but not as strong almost every morning after a night of drinking this week

I'm just home now(about 1,5 hours), I could've stayed in rome for mucj longer, great city and really energizing(as soon as I set foot in rome's streets I felt really energized, and when I was on the airport to leave rome again the tiredness hit me and I could barely keeo my eyes open during liftoff)

amd I've seen some beautifull art, especially apollo and daphne by bernini and a small church made by boromini were great(that small church easily overpowered the st. piter in beauty even tough that little church could fit inside one of the pillars of the st. pieter, the st. pieter wasn't really that special, just big)

I hope I'm not ra,bling too much but I'm just full of nice experiences, haven't vaped or smoked anytging since I'm home yet, don't know if I will do that tonight or that it will be tomorrow

djonkoman,
Top Bottom