Tolerance Break Symptoms - What Happens When You Stop?

VWFringe

Naruto Fan
Original Subject of thread:

[h]Do Light Users Experience Withdrawal Symptoms When They Go Without?[/h]

Question for those of us who do not vape all day or three times a day...

when you go without for a day or two do you get withdrawal symptoms?

i get withdrawals everytime I go without, not usually the first 3/4 of the day, but after that, restless, can't sleep the whole first night even.

it's effecting my relationships, so I need to hibernate through it, take a pill that doesn't exist, or stop talking for three days.

is it easier for light users to go without?

Thanks,

VWFringe,

Nosferatu

I know I'm a 3 times a dayer so you might not want to hear from me, but I was a light user before obviously. And I swear its easier to stop when I'm using heavily rather than light.

Maybe because theres so much in my system after heavy use that when I stop cold turkey its basically still acting mildy for 3 or 4 days or a week or so. Like slowly weening me off it. Versus the first day a light toker stops, theres probably not enough in the fat to actually be a noticeable difference in feeling, so its a sudden "vaked" then bam sober.

Also your more bored of it so it doesnt seem like a big deal, or you even want to. Being a 3 time a dayer I surely have less stress and mixed emotions and problems than when I was a once a 1-2 time a dayer or even skipping days.

Nosferatu,

VWFringe

Naruto Fan
i don't want to hear from you, lol. hahahaha (of course i don't mind hearing from you)

my withdrawals are delayed also, and think it's due to saturation or something, but even tho those lite users may experience not being high quicker than us, I wonder if they do experience withdrawals.

Thanks,

VWFringe,

gettin lifted

psychonaut
i was an all day vaporist. i tried cold turkey while trying to lower my tolerance. it didnt work so hot. i then cut back to just vaping once a day and after that it was simple to quit for a while. infact starting tomorrow (april 1st) im taking a break until 4/20.

ill be sure to come back here and note any withdrawls. but im a firm believer its MOSTLY in your head.

gettin lifted,

lwien

I only vape once a day.

Every once in awhile, I'll go for a day or two without and the only things I notice is that on those days I do without, is that I have more dreams and they are very vivid. I do know that MJ use inhibits REM sleep, so what I experience makes perfect sense.

caseball2051

I dont know anyone who has ever had withdrawals from cannabis.

I start and stop constantly due to being separated from my vapes while i am living at college. Ill toke a little here and there but stopping has never been an issue.

The only thing I can say on the matter is that sleeping is easier when using more often.

caseball2051,
yeah heavy user here, took a week t break for shits and giggles when I was on vacation. Obviously i got intoxicated off of alcohol everyday instead. . .

the worst withdraw symptoms for me is the upset stomach i get without my medication. & the mildly light sleep and crazy dreams I get when I don't medicate a few hours before bed.

biojuggernaut,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
I vape constantly from about 6pm when I get home until ~ 11:30pm or so (on weekdays), and constantly from ~3pm until 2-3 am on weekends (not Sundays). In the last 2 months I've been smoking joints about 70%/vaping about 30%.

As the weather turns better and the cold weather isn't affecting my joints I've been cutting down. Haven't smoked in a few days, and I've vaped once in the last week.

Appetite is decreased and a slight nausea but that's it.

Tom

tdavie,

crawdad

floatin
since vaping i have only taken one big break, i define big to be 1 week. it was forced (complicated)...and during a time when honestly, i really needed it. sucked so bad. during that time someone actually put a bud in my face and said "hey, smell this and tell me what you think"...i almost ate it. during this time i experienced only a desire to have it, nothing else like nausea or headaches. i did a lot of meditating.

i only vape once a day and find it pretty hard to not do it once a day unless i have lots going on (people visiting, traveling, etc).

when i do attempt a break of my own doing, i find i just don't want to. as long as its not interfering with my life or the lives of those close to me i see no reason to take a break from feeling good and connected to all things around me, including a better understanding of my own thoughts. i understand the tolerance issues, have yet to experience the types ive heard about though.

crawdad,

GreenLeaf

I'm infrequent/light in my use not even on weekends or daily and I don't get any sort of withdrawals at all.

Even when I was combusting daily for period of time such as all day every day lots of times during the day and night, I never got any sort of withdrawal like you do from booze, opiates, or other drugs even like Caffeine.

GreenLeaf,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
lwien said:
I do know that MJ use inhibits REM sleep, so what I experience makes perfect sense.

That's weird. I vap all day long, and right before bed. I can tell you I have some weird ass dreams!! I'm only vaping about a gram a week, but I'm still able to vap everyday. I don't know if that makes me a light, or a heavy user.

Vicki,

lwien

Vicki said:
That's weird. I vap all day long, and right before bed. I can tell you I have some weird ass dreams!! I'm only vaping about a gram a week, but I'm still able to vap everyday. I don't know if that makes me a light, or a heavy user.

Guess it's all relative. To me, you're a heavy user because even though I vape every single night, a gram lasts me about a month and a half. To others though, you might be considered a light weight.

lwien,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
lwien said:
Vicki said:

Guess it's all relative. To me, you're a heavy user because even though I vape every single night, a gram lasts me about a month and a half. To others though, you might be considered a light weight.

Well, if I am considered a heavy user, cannabis sure doesn't suppress my REM sleep.

Vicki,

lwien

Vicki said:
lwien said:
Vicki said:

Well, if I am considered a heavy user, cannabis sure doesn't suppress my REM sleep.

Maybe not yours but they have done scientific tests in sleep labs and cannabis does suppress REM sleep.

Lots of articles on this. Here's one: http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-teenage-mind/200906/marijuana-sleep-and-dreams

lwien,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
lwien said:
Vicki said:
lwien said:

Maybe not yours but they have done scientific tests in sleep labs and cannabis does suppress REM sleep.

Lots of articles on this. Here's one: http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-teenage-mind/200906/marijuana-sleep-and-dreams

I know about the studies. It has never affected my REM sleep because I remember my dreams, unfortunately.

Vicki,

PhishCactus

Lvl. 420 Vaporist
I only vape on weekends, and I try to only vape every other, although during the summer and vacations I do a lot more, regardless I have never experienced any tolerance or withdrawal symptoms, other that boredom after vaping for a period of time, and then having to stop.

PhishCactus,

gettin lifted

psychonaut
i dont ever remember my dreams, but i also vape before bed. should be remembering them soon once i got on my break.

gettin lifted,

lwien

Vicki said:
I know about the studies. It has never affected my REM sleep because I remember my dreams, unfortunately.

Hmm........it does affect mine. I hardly ever dream or remember them when I vape before bed, but dreaming and remembering those dreams is one of the things I really look forward to on those nights that I don't vape. It's like, "Wow, that was neat", or "Wow, that was odd. Wonder where that came from?" Dreaming is actually one of my main motivations to skip a night of vaping now and then.

lwien,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
lwien said:
Vicki said:

Hmm........it does affect mine. I hardly ever dream or remember them when I vape before bed, but dreaming and remembering those dreams is one of the things I really look forward to on those nights that I don't vape. It's like, "Wow, that was neat", or "Wow, that was odd. Wonder where that came from?" Dreaming is actually one of my main motivations to skip a night of vaping now and then.

There are a lot of times I wish cannabis did suppress my REM sleep. Sometimes it would be nice not to dream.

crawdad

floatin
growing up i used to have very vivid dreams (the kind where you wake up really feeling as if it happened, even physically), often 2-3 a night and remembered all of them in the morning and for a while after.

as i got older i either quit having dreams or simply did not remember when i woke up. since taking herb i am finally having them (or remembering them) again. not every night and not like i used to when younger, but thought it to be interesting.

crawdad,

mrfloopa

Vappy
Yeah, I know what you mean. I get a semi-light headed/hazy feeling the next day, sometimes accompanied by a body tingle. It only happens when I smoke/vape lightly.

mrfloopa,

Nosferatu

crawdad said:
growing up i used to have very vivid dreams (the kind where you wake up really feeling as if it happened, even physically), often 2-3 a night and remembered all of them in the morning and for a while after.

as i got older i either quit having dreams or simply did not remember when i woke up. since taking herb i am finally having them (or remembering them) again. not every night and not like i used to when younger, but thought it to be interesting.

Wow, that explains me exactly as well, how weird :lol:

Nosferatu,

djonkoman

well I'm a multiple times a day-man myself, but I've never really noticed withdrawal symptoms when not vaping for a day, and I also don't recal any when I was a light user
the only sort of withdrawal symptoms I've noticed is that in the weekend it took longer to get hungry(after a while of wake and baking every morning, wich I now do rarely anymore), but I still did get hungry, it just took a little longer and it was more a physical hungry then mental hungry, usually I have both in the morning but that time the mentak hungry was almost absent(weedmunchies are mental hungry for me, I don't need food but I would really like some delicious things and I can get cravings for very specific things, usually I want either sweet stuff like candy or things like grilled cheese sandwich, opposed to physical hungry when I sometimes don't really feel like eating but I have to eat since my tummy is hurting and rumbling, in that case I usually eat a regular sandwich since I want to eat quick but doesn't really matter what)
and for the rest maybe a bit missing getting high, just like you would like a nice cookie when you're just out of cookies and it's sunday so the stores are closed, not much more then that, but that's not often since usually if I don't vape it's because I don't feel like vaping, this symptom only happens when for example I don't vape tolower tolerance, but I would still like to get high

djonkoman,

VWFringe

Naruto Fan
well, so far, I've learned a lot...and i'm not happy about it. lol

jeez, knew from the threads where people compared studying that it effects us all differently, but this thread, fuck...

now i feel like im the only kid on the block who gets withdrawl - hahahaha

I'm gonna change the subject of this thread

VWFringe,
I could be considered a heavy user (of delicious hop flowers, ahem) and experience zero "withdrawal" symptoms. Sure you might occasionally think "damn, I'd love a taste" but as far as physical distress or mental uneasiness, not at all.

charliedontsurf,
Top Bottom