Today's Film

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Last night's today's film was

Indiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost Ark - 1981

While I appreciate this is just a yarn, meant to be light hearted and fun action adventure, I kinda struggled with it last night, maybe I was just in the wrong mood or something, but I set out with an "oh yeah, that's fun" thought and ended up hardly paying any attention.

The thing that I kept noticing, which I don't remember before, was just how bad some of the acting is - wow 😂

Also, the underlying cultural implications that form the basis of these films are really quite inappropriate in 2021, more than once I felt they have dated badly.

Shrugs... not bothered about watching the rest, I fear that they others may well be worse.

Oh, they are def worse...

Maybe a little harsh and "cancel-culture"-ish imo, as most flicks of this genre (kids action/adventure) don't age well, and this one is 40 years old remember...

I agree with pretty much ALL of the "critical response" here:

Bologna,
Reactions: kel

kel

FuckMisogynists!
Oh yes, definitely, I can only say how it made me feel/respond, my opinion means almost nothing really and I am pretty sure it isn't cancelling anything except perhaps in my own mind 😃

Curious that it still holds as one of the very best adventure films ever made, I mean... "Really? In the last 40 years no one has managed to make anything much better?" That is truly astounding!!

kel,
  • Love
Reactions: Bologna

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Oh yes, definitely, I can only say how it made me feel/respond, my opinion means almost nothing really and I am pretty sure it isn't cancelling anything except perhaps in my own mind 😃

Curious that it still holds as one of the very best adventure films ever made, I mean... "Really? In the last 40 years no one has managed to make anything much better?" That is truly astounding!!
Your opinion means everything... that's what this whole she-bang runs on...!

I def agree with your assessment here... and disagree with wiki's... and sheee-it, The French Connection, Bullitt AND The Blues Brothers chase scenes were all much better, imo, too...!

Bologna,
Reactions: kel
Top Bottom