to flame or not to flame, that is the question

budski

cantre member
what am I missing? (besides burnt fingers) by liking electric heat over gas, I mean I dig the fact I haven't used up a lighter since I started fucking combustion in April.
Appeal of analog? The ritual? must be plenty of opinions on either side of the fence.

Razhumikin

I was a pure electric vaporist for years but recently got hooked on butane due to @Zillacon showing me whats up. Theyre just different, and variety is the spice of life. Something I like about butane vapes is that theyre just easy, no extended heat up time like a log and when youre done theyre are no batteries to charge and cables to put away. Also, you can get some really nice big rips instantly when you dial in your technique. Of course, there are down sides too, much harder to use outside due to wind and sun, genenrally worse flavor, and much higher risk of combustion. Its good to have both and have the option when you need or want it.

budski

cantre member
I'm not much of a big hitter or a desktop guy, don't want to pack and use a lighter/torch out & about, but I can see the ritual appeal sitting at home with nice wooden, fire powered vape

Radwin Bodnic

I'm not much of a big hitter or a desktop guy, don't want to pack and use a lighter/torch out & about, but I can see the ritual appeal sitting at home with nice wooden, fire powered vape
If you want a vape that use fire at home, I would recommend one that can be used with an alcohol burner, like the Vaponic or Cheaponic.
The torch can be quite noisy and the alcohol burner is a more peaceful experience.

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
You're missing a wonderful world of possibilities. The glass ones (elev8r, tasty tube, gvb 18mm killer, et al) can taste incredible and can hit hard too, they are generally a bit cheaper so you can afford to experiment a little more with different styles. The vapman is a classic that many people love, but it's not my favourite. The lotus has a really nice manual ritual that I enjoy.

BeltedCoyote

Foggin up the woods
I used to be like you op. Then I tried a sticky brick. Then a dyna. For me, butane is always going to be a part of my arsenal because it works. And it works well, provided you find the right butane vape and take the time to learn it. I now will not go without at least a dyna in my arsenal. I'm hoping to get another stickybrick after I aquire the one desktop I have my eye on.

Idk OP. All I can say is, there's a reason the lotus, dyna, vapman, etc are still recommended on here even though they're all older names in the vape scene.

Edit: also, ritual. The ritual is strong with butane

rizlafreak

two dog star
Give it the good old torchure... my electric coal igniter for the hookah coal just blew my fuse box... No thanks...

rizlafreak,
Reactions: budski

Zillacon

🤠🤠🤠🤠
Honestly no matter what, you will probably come around to a butane device out of curiosity. They offer something (albeit nuanced) different than what electricity can offer.

Sure ritual is a part of it, but once you establish a routine and bolstered skill repertoire these are the most efficient vapes per time spent roasting imo (direct draw). The models look similar, but offer a very varied experience that usually have a higher skill ceiling. Example, a dreamwood punch dlx is a very much different experience than a NOVA. This of course comes from viewpoint of being able to determinate the magnitude and topography of behavior to make each dimension optimal for each particular device.

Ultimately as @Razhumikin side, variety is the spice of life. Being proficient in a butane device when the power fails ain't a bad skill to have in your back pocket either.

Last edited:

budski

cantre member
I think the behavior topography speaks for itself, the magnitude of which will become apparent when I start paying off the credit card.

budski

cantre member
Ultimately as @Razhumikin side, variety is the spice of life. Being proficient in a butane device when the power fails ain't a bad skill to have in your back pocket either.
been suckin' butane for 45yrs, I think it'll come back to me.
sorry for the back to back, MODs please merge

Last edited:
budski,

simba

@weedanwine
For me it's the combination between speed and control over my hit that many butane powered devices give me. Being able to get big convection hits immediately is amazing and so convenient.

Top Bottom