Tinymight VS Splinter Z VS Arizer Air 2

potatobass

I m looking for a portable vape to let at my girlfriend place and to use occasionaly on hikes or travels.
We would share it.
I'm a vaporist since 2010 , used and owned : Purple day (stopped working) , herborizer (best i owned but had two dumb cats so i sold it because of glass breaking hazard) , and i use an SSV as my daily driver since then.
On the portable side , i have a Vaponic , Vapor genie , magic flight , and an Xvape fog that died in 6 month and i never managed to use the warranty (the woman i got by mail just kept asking for my adress , that i gave her 3 times and i never got the unit...) , and an xvape xmax V2 , wich i don't like very much...
I also use an ecig box with a single 18650 for liquid.

I don't mind a vape that require some technique , but my girlfriend just stopped smoking and i feel like a vape that requires too much skills might draw her back to the combustion side.
She also cough a lot when using my ssv.
So i'm thinking cooling wand or water filtration, but big cloud , portable , and swappable battery , all of that paired with a nice taste.
I wanted to take a boundless tera , but apparently , some units do weird stuffs like turning them on by themself , changing setting etc... I want a reliable vape after my FOG story.

Tinymight with a RTB wand is appealing , but how reliable is it? Any electronics that might die fast? Price is a bit high so if it dies after one year , I would be pretty disapointing.

Splinter Z seems good , but i m not a geek when it comes to mod box , and i wonder if it requires a bit of skill to master (wich will be a problem for my GF).

Arizer air 2 seem appealing , but maybe less potent ...

If you have any suggestion or advice , it would be really kind of you.

Potatobass,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
It might be a good idea to ask your girlfriend to weight in on the choice too.Mine finds the form factor and aesthetics as a main selling point,so her opinion on the subject can help you rule out any that she will feel awkward to use.
All those 3 vaporizers are solid choices,but i honestly prefer handmade over factory made. A friend has an Air 2 which uses as a daily driver, i have tried it and it is a decent vape,i just dont like how easy it is for the stem to fall out of the heating chamber if you are not careful,also that dab of silicone under the donut heater is also a turn off.
I am really happy with my TM. I vape trough water for years,and this is the first vape that i can handle direct draw without feeling bad afterwards.. The cooling units are very effective,also it gives decent number of sessions of a single battery. Also it is just 8cm high,and gives impressive close to desktop level hits ,therefore it really delivers whats promised in its name.
I have tried only early v1 splinter ,so i dont really have much to say about it,especially the Z.It seems comparable to the TM in terms of vapor density,but it is almost twice as tall as the TM when sitted on a modbox.. On the other hand u can use it with multi battery boxmods,which also can be a plus for some,i personally finda that any unit with more than one battery to be heavy,cause the batteries themselve add a lot to the weight.
As far as reliability goes,all those vapes can be considered reliable. Durability is related strongly to the usage pattern,so one of them can last longer in some hands,while not so much in others. I monitor the TM thread closely,and i see that everyone is happy about how their warranty issue is handled, from what i've seen sofar he replaces faulty units with brand new. Maybe someone that has more experience and knowledge of Arizer and RBT's virtues can chime in and share.
I confess that i am a big TM fan,but tried to my best not to be dismissive of the other two products. Hope it's been helpful in a way. By the way the TetraP80 is also one very decent vape to consider ,but like with the TM there is a bit of wait involved,while RBT and Arizer products are readily avaiable. I have never tried the TetraP80 but i have a TUBOx which is similar to the tetrax, only it has one less tube in the heater. It is great to use as a desktop portable with 4 battery mod ,but only the mod is like 370 grams,lol... (wismecrx300)

Last edited by a moderator:

Tweakz

it will soon be 4 months as I am with my TM . during this time, I realized that I really love him. he never failed me or my wife . it always works perfectly, producing a very smooth and fast extraction, accompanied by large clouds and good taste. a powerful heating element is his Forte. outwardly, TM is very reliable , so it is not easy to break it. I like long work on one battery, about ~8-10 bowls I kill on it. and of course I love the service from tm dude , it is excellent. I hope it will be very long on the scene and we will see an updated tm 2.0 sometime
but now it is a small ronin (warrior) that serves to meet the needs of

arb

Semi shaved ape
Stempod and dreamwood are both spectacular 510 based portables.
The stempod completely changed the game for me and is the best hitting least hassle vape I own and I own a lot of vapes.

rebar,

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
While not an Air 2, I own the ArGo and I also own two RBT Splinter Zs as well as the TinyMight. The stem in the ArGo and TM stay in place with no issue, the Z however risks falling out. The ArGo is the most compact followed by the TM and then the Z. As far as performance imho the ArGo is just not in the same league as the TM nor the Z. The Z is a bit unwieldy by the time you add a box mod and cooling stem, whereas the TM is still pocketable. Since the TM arrival, my RBT Zs and ArGo have been gathering dust.

Bazinga

My Splinters are great !!! The only downside (although not for me) is they are not as portable as the TM etc. I asked about a zillion questions on these forums as to programing the box mod. Never did figure it out. I've been using it in wattage mode (no unique settings) and it works well. I like the TM, but I have a special fondness for my Splinters.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
As usual I agree with @YaMon and my first choice for you and your girl would probably be a Tinymight if the somewhat steep price and longish wait time isn't an issue.

I know former smokers who don't go for a vapcap on its own but are way into them once you add an induction heater, so that's another good option for your girlfriend's place. You'd have the torch option for hikes but I find reheating with a torch for every hit too annoying, especially outdoors.

If you're not a snob about vapor quality and flavor maybe keep a Fury Edge at her place and then raise your standards with a Splinter Z or Tinymight at your place.

Last edited:
bossman,
Reactions: YaMon
Top Bottom