TinyMight / TM 2

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
great idea!! that balls are ruby 3mm but i think smaller balls can block a little the airflow , i havent more balls to compare :/

I did this using only 1/2 of the stock TM C.U.

gangababa

,,,😂
So, concluding, how do i know if mine is tm og or 1?
Does anyone know (if the button is the same between og and 1) where i can buy colored button + ring for my model?
Thanks 🤘
The Tiny Might was produced in the original size and the newer larger TM2 size. This was a significant change with a larger wood body and new castings for the top and bottom plates. Side by side the size difference is obvious. Visually the difference is the battery cover; originally flush in the top, later the raised knurled battery cover (TM2).
Inside or in use, the most obvious difference is the battery-installation orientation (say that fast repeatedly). + up in the TM2, otherwise + down in all previous TM vapes.

From the beginning PCB design changes have happened and at one point the upgrade was called TM1.5.
Perhaps one would see component changes on the PC boards if two or more were in hand. People speak of color changed PCB's (IDK)
The obvious way to have an (invisibly) older version is to have bought it a long time ago, or from 'who-knows', or as a Chinese pirate.

I have seen many tear-down disassembly photos and do not think the button has changed. The micro-switch on the PCB, that is pressed by the button, seems to have been soldered by its two power pegs but not the other two pegs. In use the micro-switch gets stressed and the un-soldered pegs do not stop the switch from leaning away from the button. This is my speculation, from seeing pictures and fixing my own micro-switch (ojala).

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
Looks like I opened a Pandora box 😂
I bought it one year ago, but then they fixed it (one month ago) and changed the bottom button (idk if they made other relevant internal changes and improved it to 1, looks powerful than before).

Does anyone know (if the button is the same between og and 1) where i can buy colored button + ring for my model?
Thanks 🤘
There are only 2 major versions. TM and TM2. TM1.5 was confusingly given that name by the community but in reality there was and continues to be rolling updates to the current model. If your unit has a flush batter cover, it's a TM (OG or 1) if your unit has a battery cover that suits proud, it's a TM2.

Coloured anodised accessories are only available for the TM2 afaik.

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
My point is, if it's not a designation given by the manufacturer, it's useless to the community because it does not have a specific definition. Oh, and btw, I see the liner going from glass to metal as a downgrade, but I understand why they did it, to try to get away from the other misunderstanding in the community that these vapes are fragile.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Looks like I opened a Pandora box 😂
I bought it one year ago, but then they fixed it (one month ago) and changed the bottom button (idk if they made other relevant internal changes and improved it to 1, looks powerful than before).

Thanks 🤘

Yeah it is all TM1, I'm just saying there were rolling upgrades, you have a later version than I have, the original had certain obvious differences with the software and other modest things, parts are still cross compatible... Sorry did not mean to make you or anyone else overthink it lol

With all the recent updates of the TM2 like the further enforced button, metal liner instead of glass, and sturdier battery contacts; I think we're on TM 2.5 now.

Exactly, the rolling upgrades, there have been several different stages of updates, but it's all TM1 or TM2 really (arguably the very first runs could be considered OG but it is the same as TM1 in all appearance really)

VapeForHealth

Not getting good vapor recently. Barely get anything on a full battery, and pretty much nothing if battery is blue.

Molicel P28A, I have 3 of them, and same with all. All 3 have had same amount of charge discharge cycles as I rotate between the 3, and keep them in order. They are 1 year old.

Full, Fresh Batteries
Same batch, same grind, same humidity level.
TM2 fully clean
Nothing has changed, or been damaged.

Any ideas?

VapeForHealth,

VapeForHealth

Deep cleaning. Something might be clogged. Get new screens. Try on a a higher setting or even do a few burn offs on 10 with empty stem.
Nothing is clogged, as I said it is "fully clean" I keep my devices very clean, and screens are soaked and fully cleaned after 2 uses. Nothing is clogged, that would be pretty obvious with restricted airflow. There is nothing to burn off. I would never let any device get dirty enough to require a burn off. I clean my devices daily.

Last edited:
VapeForHealth,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Too clean?
;)
:lol:

To me, it sounds like the only thing, and easy thing, you could try is a new battery, as suggested. Or maybe bring these symptoms up with the maker?

vapviking,
Reactions: Nebelmann

666Honeybadger

Unknown member
You sure about the seal of the o-ring holding the stem? Tried screwing in some more to compress the o-ring? Or tried a fresh one?
Sometimes these o-rings might get worn out over time compromising an airtight seal.

Does the wood get hot/warm as usual when using it or do you think the heater isn't engaging at all?

I also agree: maybe check with a new battery first. You said 1 year but also depends on loading frequency and more factors ofcourse. I've managed to ruin a couple in little over a year but have used them very intensively so yeah... TM likes its batteries strong and crisp i guess.

666Honeybadger,

VapeForHealth

You sure about the seal of the o-ring holding the stem? Tried screwing in some more to compress the o-ring? Or tried a fresh one?
Sometimes these o-rings might get worn out over time compromising an airtight seal.

Does the wood get hot/warm as usual when using it or do you think the heater isn't engaging at all?

I also agree: maybe check with a new battery first. You said 1 year but also depends on loading frequency and more factors ofcourse. I've managed to ruin a couple in little over a year but have used them very intensively so yeah... TM likes its batteries strong and crisp i guess.
Yes, the o-ring is new, and the seal is great. The heater is engaging, but its weaker than is used to be.

VapeForHealth,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Oh, and btw, I see the liner going from glass to metal as a downgrade, but I understand why they did it, to try to get away from the other misunderstanding in the community that these vapes are fragile.

I’ve been thinking about building a new liner as the stainless steel one stores so much heat.

After two back to back bowls my TM2 takes as long to cool down as a desktop.

The stainless liner plus the recessed stainless cooling unit creates its own “thermal battery.”

Last edited:

SonicBacon

Not getting good vapor recently. Barely get anything on a full battery, and pretty much nothing if battery is blue.

Molicel P28A, I have 3 of them, and same with all. All 3 have had same amount of charge discharge cycles as I rotate between the 3, and keep them in order. They are 1 year old.

Full, Fresh Batteries
Same batch, same grind, same humidity level.
TM2 fully clean
Nothing has changed, or been damaged.

Any ideas?
What I do when I notice the performance drop in the TM1, is to polish the underside of the battery door using a pencil eraser, and clean the threads using an iso dipped qtip

Worth a shot, hope it helps

Last edited:

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
Molicel P28A, I have 3 of them, and same with all
I doubt it's the batteries...
Follow these tips below, starting with cleaning the threads of the battery cover and top plate.
EDIT: confirm that the main screw is very well tightened (very well)
Try to calibrate the tm
maybe...if you notice that it reaches temperature faster
What I do when I notice the performance drop in the TM1, is to polish the underaide of the battery door using a pencil eraser, and clean the threads using an iso dipped qtip

Worth a shot, hope it helps
:nod:

Last edited:

showman

If you use a full glass stem, with the basket of glass too, which I recommend for best vapour and flavour, you can see sometimes a bit of green on the parts of the herb that touches the glass,
Where do you get glass baskets?

showman,

showman

Ah so like no basket in a piece with a built in glass screen. I thought maybe there were glass ones

showman,
Top Bottom