TinyMight / TM 2

sashka69

Nothing seems broken or dented, nothing sounds broken inside. What can be causing this?
I would also say, as other members, the batteries might be the problem if anything else is fine. I just sent 2 OGs to Finland because of bad performance.... I had 3 batteries I always rotate since 5 month and I'm a heavy user, at least 5 bowls per day. So I thought they were still okay...

Before I sent both devices to Finland and cleaned them, I wanted to use them a last time to be sure it's the right decision.

I used a fresh vtc6 battery I got last week and what shall I say? No more bad performance. I already calibrated both devices to maximum so I shit my pants because of the fucking huge clouds I suddenly got.

Maybe it's a good idea to have another spare battery, which is not in your daily use circle. With this one you can check if it's your tinymight or your old and worn out batteries fault, if the clouds are missing.

tashian

Better yet a Battery Free Ganz Fusion, its nice price and you will not regret. On the real cheap side of things a Vapcap M can do it but the Fusion is way way better.

Well, now i m in Thailand, what's easy to find? I check on Shein app but vapcap is not available (only on shopee). Any other simple tool easy to find in this area or by shipping post?
Thanks
On top of it you are in Thailand, get the BFG, no brainer.

tashian,
Reactions: Sto.Oned

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Better yet a Battery Free Ganz Fusion, its nice price and you will not regret. On the real cheap side of things a Vapcap M can do it but the Fusion is way way better.
Looks like a Dynavap but I haven’t explored it in detail. I have a Dynavap too which I seldom use. But yes, it’s good to have a backup vape regardless in order to avoid the combustion route. The Tinymight is my favorite vape for the last couple of years by far. :peace:

Vaporific,
Reactions: cybrguy

ezpz

OK, so it is my turn to ask for help.

My mate broke her vape so I let her use my TM2 while her replacement was arriving. After a week and a half of her using it, she told me that she though it was not hitting as hard. I tried it yesterday and indeed it is not. It is still hitting, but even at 8 or 9 the high is very low, I've tried different strains, good quality ones, with all same results. She says she did not drop it or anything, just that it stop working strong.

Nothing seems broken or dented, nothing sounds broken inside. What can be causing this?

I am thinking on opening and taking a look to see if anything looks broken, also trying to recalibrate, before the last solution of sending it back to Finland. But would like to hear any advice or experience of people here before I do it.
This is a long shot but might as well try. Try adjusting the stem holder ring (tighten/loosen). If it doesn’t have an air-tight seal, performance suffers. Sometimes, people twist the stem while taking it out, so it can loosen up that way.

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
I am thinking on opening and taking a look to see if anything looks broken, also trying to recalibrate,
Have you cleaned the threads on the battery lid and top plate? Batteries also gain a residue
Did you try a different battery?

Yes, it happens with all three batteries that I usually use. Plus, I have a xtar charger that tells me the impedance of the batteries and they all seem yo have good health.
In my experience, when batteries start to get tired, they do fewer sessions. some reached the point where they were 100% charged and couldn't handle a full session. The health values of these batteries indicated on the charger were ok, but the TM is very demanding
When this happened to me, I'm not sure if I noticed a decrease in TM performance...maybe but not much

Seantagon

I got my TM2 back from repair for button issues a few days back. The button requires a much harder press/hold than before. I find my self accidentally disengaging because my fingers start to get tired. The button also no longer has that satisfying click feel. Another minor complant is that the batt. lid does not screw on fully to be flushed with the device. It works fine, but the lid sticks up a bit. Just wondering if anyone here has any similar issues upon return. I emailed TM earlier this week, but havnt heard back yet.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Another minor complant is that the batt. lid does not screw on fully to be flushed with the device. It works fine, but the lid sticks up a bit.

Not all 18650 batteries are actually the same in dimensions. But that’s still odd. Just make sure you don’t use “protected” batteries, these are all TALLER, due to the added “chip” to the positive end, just a thought.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
They may have determined that your battery contact had been depressed by dropping the battery into the device over time and decided to pull it up a little for you. I have gotten in the habit of turning my TM horizontal before I put the battery in. It was my impression that they had improved the mechanism in the TM2.

Jojofernz

IMG-4673.jpg

Just received my TM2 last night! Lots of testing is needed but first bowls with it went excellent! Really love the feel on this thing and holy cow does it hit hard!

Xenkishøtz

𝓣Ø𝓜𝓑𝓗Ø𝓤𝓢𝓔 𝓣𝓥
Apologies, I don't mean to keep shitting up a helpful thread with anecdotes, but a warning to all you drunk vapers out there. I can take way phatter hits when I've had a few compared to not, and I just almost combusted on 7 with a 15 second long hit. I'm lucky it hasn't stunk up the device as I basically rid the very fine line between vaping and combustion, but be careful folks. Your TM2 is very powerful, and this is a good thing. Just use it properly! haha.

As Bogart so eloquently put it all those years ago, "don't be a dumbass and set fire to your medication." IYKYK.

Edit: To the above poster, congrats and welcome to the TM2 club. You'll get a lot of out this device for sure.

babyskunk

I just got my TM2 back after sending it away for button repair. Now the battery cap isn't screwing in flush with the rest of the device. It looks like the replacement causes the battery to stick out a bit further so now the cap doesn't screw in all the way. I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience.

axilla101

I just got my TM2 back after sending it away for button repair. Now the battery cap isn't screwing in flush with the rest of the device. It looks like the replacement causes the battery to stick out a bit further so now the cap doesn't screw in all the way. I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience.

Someone reported the same thing last week in this thread-- might just be the price to pay for the new button mechanism?

Jess

I just got my TM2 back after sending it away for button repair. Now the battery cap isn't screwing in flush with the rest of the device. It looks like the replacement causes the battery to stick out a bit further so now the cap doesn't screw in all the way. I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience
Mine came back like that. If you look down there you will see a clear blob under the metal contact. will eventually soften. My cap initially was showing several threads, but now it's flush. Been over a month since I got it back.

babyskunk

Mine came back like that. If you look down there you will see a clear blob under the metal contact. will eventually soften. My cap initially was showing several threads, but now it's flush. Been over a month since I got it back.
Oh, interesting! I wonder if it's supposed to do that or if it's just a happy accident. As long as it isnt going to wear down too much, that's good to hear. It doesn't impact performance, but it's sticking out just enough to bother me. Thanks!

Jess

Oh, interesting! I wonder if it's supposed to do that or if it's just a happy accident. As long as it isnt going to wear down too much, that's good to hear. It doesn't impact performance, but it's sticking out just enough to bother me. Thanks!
I think that may be part of the repair process since many are stating the same. It truly bothered me too. To the point where I was like I’m selling it. But I did screw down tighter and tighter each time I changed batteries and now it’s back to normal. I just haven’t used it much lately as I’ve been experimenting with the tempest. Just be gentle with it and I bet eventually with the heat and all, it’ll relax.

Jess

:hmm:...better check if you are not crushing the batteries
I just double checked in case I was doing that. I have several batteries and they all look ok except for a VTC5 which I don't use. I will confirm once I order some new Molicels. That said,I may have lied a little. The cap still shows 1 thread before it gets pretty tight. It was much worse when I received it, but much better now.

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
The cap still shows 1 thread before it gets pretty tight. It was much worse when I received it, but much better now.
The bottom contact is likely wearing in a bit. I have an OG TM and I know the contact has suffered over the years, bending a bit more than it should. Dropping batteries in is not recommended and inserting them sideways (mentioned many times herein) mitigates putting stress on the contact, regardless which version of TM you have. I suspect the newer ones were improved with a more rigid/firm bottom contact, which is what some recently have observed. Also, the wood body may have some tolerance which could impact how much/far the battery cover can be screwed in.

Someone recently suggested batteries themselves may have tolerances, which is possible, but I think the wood body tolerance is more likely. Just my two cents.

AND I’m still waiting for a RED TM2 too. Soon I hope, soon. The one feature I will enjoy most is the knurled battery cover - much easier! I’ve held and tried a friend’s TM2 so I know :)

On a brief 48 hour T-break (due to work) and can’t wait until work is done and break my fast with my favorite vape - the TM! TGIF everyone.:peace:

Seantagon

If you zoom in you can see a piece of metal on top of the contact. Can anyone confirm if they have this and it wasnt there all along? You can also see a black silicone next to the button. I reached out to TM and the silicone is ment to prolong the life of the button. I also told them about the lid and they said dont be afraid to tighten it down it wont hurt the device. That being said, Im going to slowly tighten it a little more after each battery swap. Its already sitting more flush.

HighTime

If you zoom in you can see a piece of metal on top of the contact. Can anyone confirm if they have this and it wasnt there all along? You can also see a black silicone next to the button. I reached out to TM and the silicone is ment to prolong the life of the button. I also told them about the lid and they said dont be afraid to tighten it down it wont hurt the device. That being said, Im going to slowly tighten it a little more after each battery swap. Its already sitting more flush.
Thanks for posting this Seantagon. One of the concerning things about it is that while it’s good that the life of the button is meant to be prolonged through the use of the black silicone, it will additionally have a better chance of reducing or eliminating battery button warranty repairs for the company through the new lowered three year warranty period for TM2s purchased from 2024 on—but it will also result in customers having to pay for button repairs after that if/when the silicone wears out and a potential failure occurs. The reduced warranty period and its implications are one sided, imho. As others have said, the former ten year warranty was an excellent selling point and an indication of the builder’s confidence in the product.

Top Bottom