TinyMight / TM 2

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
So, onto today's question. How often does the cooling unit need cleaning? It's hard to tell how clogged it is so was wondering on the concensus
Looks like the buildup will happen quickly and cleaning the tm cu will turn into a weekly chore.
It depends on usage. I clean mine every couple of weeks. I have a second pair of stems and CUs too so I’m never without them. I’m a huge native user too.

And speaking of CUs, In my 3.5+ years of owning my TM I’ve never had a CU issue - until today. And it was all the orings fault too. I cleaned them (ISO soak) and tried putting the CU in the stem after a little moisture by blowing some gentle air into the stem using a toothpick to push it up from the bottom of the CU. The orings which let the CU slide a bit early on somehow expanded after cleaning and wouldn’t seat correctly when sliding it into the stem. After a couple of tries a minor slip caused the screen to dislodge - a first for me. It’s never happened. As luck would have it, it slipped out of my hand and along the wall behind my baseboard heater. It’s gone. I lost a CU oring to the baseboard heater once before too. I need to see if I have a spare CU. I have other stems too for variety but the stock stem and CU (sans nuts & washers which I stopped using 2 years ago) is what I mostly use.

Heck, instead if buying a spare CU I’d be tempted to buy a new RED Tinymight. Perhaps soon. How I love this vape! :love::peace:

Pablo13

So I'm around a week in and really enjoying what the TM2 is bringing. I think If you have any experience of another vape, you'll probabbly start off a bit too high in the temp range. I did, think first go I was 6 to 8 and got a pretty dark load. Since I have dialled that back to mainly 3-5 with maybe a quick blast at 6.5 to check its done. Capsules are a little different seem to start a bit higher and finish higher with them, but I've only used the S&B ones so far.

It does get through a bowl quickly and I like that, its whats been missing from my collection, every other vape I have in my rotation bar the Dynavap is for sipping by comparison.

My Grasshopper was probbably the closest I had, but has been retired a while now even though is does sort of work, just not reliably. Handilly I can use its silicone mouthpiece from it to size down for smaller glass on my 18mm WPA.

The XL Stem is ok, but not amazing, I like to use it to start a sesh off with, then quickly switch to water with the WPA. I've also experimented with the stock CU adding balls and loosing the washers and bolts. Up until a few days back I had not touched my Ti stem, exclusively using glass as I had not taken it outside yet and didn't see the point. But that is definately in its future, so I gave the Ti a little bit of heat treatment and worked out a travel set up that would be reasonably robust, with minimal glass to break so I got hold of a hardcase off amazon and made it work TM style

Its quite a tight fit but just about holds whats needed. The CU now resides in the Ti Stem with 4 & 6mm balls.

Tinymight capsules, J Hook and 4mm boro to replace 4mm ruby was ordered yesteday to play with too.....still eyeing up more glass :D

budski

cantre member
like the heat treatment, i'll have to try that, was fun on the Azurium, but I don't know if my lil single torch is up to it?

TimeBomb0

Don't make the same mistake as me and not replace your 18650 batteries regularly.
I've been using 2 Molicell P26As that were >2 years old, and 1 Molicell P28A >1 year old, and wondering what people were talking about when ya'll said you're getting great vapor on 3 and 4. I had been vaping on 6-7, sometimes hotter.

Not to mention my batteries only lasted ~6-8 hits (killing a glass stem-sized bowl in 2 hits). And my Tinymight would go from reporting 50% battery life to out of battery after only a couple hits.

I read that batteries should be replaced around every 6 months, and facepalmed when I realized how old mine were. I bought 3 new Molicell P28As and stopped using my old ones. Vaping at 6 had much more, and hotter vapor. Vaping at 4 is like vaping at 7 was, with more but slightly cooler vapor. I haven't figured out how many hits I can take yet but I'm expecting quite a bit more. And I'm able to get higher, faster.

I set up a recurring calendar event to remind myself to buy a few replacements every 9 months to make sure I don't have to worry about this again.

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
I read that batteries should be replaced around every 6 months, and facepalmed when I realized how old mine were.
I have Molicels a couple of years old and still work, granted their capacity and run time is less than more recent ones. I think this varies by usage, charging and storage, and how many cells you use in rotation. I currently have 6 p28a’s in rotation and while I don’t get as many sessions/draws from the 2 older ones they work fine for what they still provide. YMMV. :peace:

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Just replaced my batteries today after a little over a year of regular use.

Also as I've mentioned a few times, I generally just leave mine on 3 through the whole session. I decided to go in the other direction and dropped it to 2.5 for a few sessions and really enjoyed it. I love how long the flavor lasts at the lower settings and still get satisfying clouds. Maybe not as big as the higher settings, but I like some decent clouds and it delivers. I think I'm going to see how low I can set it before it shuts off. I think most don't operate below 2, but I also want to try a few sessions at the lowest possible.

Even at 2.5, the herb evenually does give you a roasty flavor and the clouds will dissipate so I don't think I'm losing a lot of medicine. The flavor and effects are great and it's so easy on the throat.

Varden

Also as I've mentioned a few times, I generally just leave mine on 3 through the whole session. I decided to go in the other direction and dropped it to 2.5 for a few sessions and really enjoyed it. I love how long the flavor lasts at the lower settings and still get satisfying clouds. Maybe not as big as the higher settings, but I like some decent clouds and it delivers. I think I'm going to see how low I can set it before it shuts off. I think most don't operate below 2, but I also want to try a few sessions at the lowest possible.

Even at 2.5, the herb evenually does give you a roasty flavor and the clouds will dissipate so I don't think I'm losing a lot of medicine. The flavor and effects are great and it's so easy on the throat.

I do this too. Low temps are great for a slow session and enjoying the flavour longer, plus the vapor is super smooth.

I really do not understand why people think the TM is ONLY a heavy hitter, when it can be an excellent sipping vape.

And because of on demand and pure convection, you can stop sipping and return to it during any period. 5 minutes, 10 minutes, ... Whatever, the weed is as you left it. I could not go back to your typical 3 minute session vapes, feels antiquated. Why is the vape telling me when and for how long to sip? I like being able to interrupt my vaping and interact with other people as long as I want and then go back to sipping my vape for as long as I want, without the vape forcing a timing on me.

The only downside of this system is it hammers the batteries like crazy, because you heat up the oven a lot of times just to finish a load. Sometimes I'll use one battery for only a couple of loads, but as long as you carry extras it works well.

At this point, I'm so used to sipping on the vape when I want to with the herb just being used when I want, that it feels backwards to use one of those 3 minute session vapes. I do not think I could go back to that.

FrostyGeode

TM2 / BAKx / CC-Omega
I do this too. Low temps are great for a slow session and enjoying the flavour longer, plus the vapor is super smooth.

I really do not understand why people think the TM is ONLY a heavy hitter, when it can be an excellent sipping vape.

And because of on demand and pure convection, you can stop sipping and return to it during any period. 5 minutes, 10 minutes, ... Whatever, the weed is as you left it. I could not go back to your typical 3 minute session vapes, feels antiquated. Why is the vape telling me when and for how long to sip? I like being able to interrupt my vaping and interact with other people as long as I want and then go back to sipping my vape for as long as I want, without the vape forcing a timing on me.

The only downside of this system is it hammers the batteries like crazy, because you heat up the oven a lot of times just to finish a load. Sometimes I'll use one battery for only a couple of loads, but as long as you carry extras it works well.

At this point, I'm so used to sipping on the vape when I want to with the herb just being used when I want, that it feels backwards to use one of those 3 minute session vapes. I do not think I could go back to that.

So true, I’ve started using the tm like this. One stem setup with cooling to rip (more vapour, quicker extraction, less flavour) and another stem setup as a sipper (no cooling, slower sesh, lower temp, loads of flavour).

So I'm around a week in and really enjoying what the TM2 is bringing. I think If you have any experience of another vape, you'll probabbly start off a bit too high in the temp range. I did, think first go I was 6 to 8 and got a pretty dark load. Since I have dialled that back to mainly 3-5 with maybe a quick blast at 6.5 to check its done. Capsules are a little different seem to start a bit higher and finish higher with them, but I've only used the S&B ones so far.

It does get through a bowl quickly and I like that, its whats been missing from my collection, every other vape I have in my rotation bar the Dynavap is for sipping by comparison.

My Grasshopper was probbably the closest I had, but has been retired a while now even though is does sort of work, just not reliably. Handilly I can use its silicone mouthpiece from it to size down for smaller glass on my 18mm WPA.

The XL Stem is ok, but not amazing, I like to use it to start a sesh off with, then quickly switch to water with the WPA. I've also experimented with the stock CU adding balls and loosing the washers and bolts. Up until a few days back I had not touched my Ti stem, exclusively using glass as I had not taken it outside yet and didn't see the point. But that is definately in its future, so I gave the Ti a little bit of heat treatment and worked out a travel set up that would be reasonably robust, with minimal glass to break so I got hold of a hardcase off amazon and made it work TM style

Its quite a tight fit but just about holds whats needed. The CU now resides in the Ti Stem with 4 & 6mm balls.

Tinymight capsules, J Hook and 4mm boro to replace 4mm ruby was ordered yesteday to play with too.....still eyeing up more glass :D

Such a cool idea for the ti stem! I will have to try this.

Seantagon

Ive read about using s&b caps latley for the TM2. Are we putting the capsule inside a stem like we would with a TM capsule?

Seantagon,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

You can operate lower than two, you need to be above that to turn it on, but once it is on you can put it all the way as low as it can go and still get extraction... Full temp range dial is the best, I like it so much more than any digital temp readouts honestly

Thanks for spreading the good word you two! Low and slow :tup:

gangababa

Ive read about using s&b caps latley for the TM2. Are we putting the capsule inside a stem like we would with a TM capsule?
No. The caps are placed into the TM oven and then the stem is inserted to touch the top of the capsule.
One needs to be careful because the glass stem can push the S&B capsule into and displace the screen.

gangababa,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

Not sure if this video can be seen anywhere else, but I guess the new TM2 button (featured in the purple heart version likely the others too) definitely is getting an upgrade for anyone concerned about that potential failure point... Video shows testing it by smashing with a screwdriver handle lol

El Duderino

The Dude abides.

Not sure if this video can be seen anywhere else, but I guess the new TM2 button (featured in the purple heart version likely the others too) definitely is getting an upgrade for anyone concerned about that potential failure point... Video shows testing it by smashing with a screwdriver handle lol

Dang, and my button is rattling... :uhh: That makes me jealous and now I want a purple heart TM too!

Dr. G

Old Resident
I do not think they sell the darker one any longer. I did not see it on the site. I regret not buying one when I had the chance. This vape is extraordinary to say the least...never a problem with it. Always works, It is just one of my favorites. I love mine.

Beansuppa

I think it goes both ways honestly. Sometimes you set the time aside for a full session, to get blasted quick, and other times you want the slow burn. That's why on demand vs session exists at all!

I use my TM2 like you. I keep it in on demand it's my favorite for gaming when I can just take a little puff to keep a buzz on during gaming, or get one big mega hit in.

My wife prefers my Lobo as I can just turn it on (I have mine set to the max 6m session), hand it and the bubbler to her, and she can finish it easily in that 6 minutes without having to worry about her draw speed or temps or anything.

The TM2 is great for people like us who wanna tinker and enjoy the whole ritual of it. And I do very much enjoy the "hit at your leisure" aspect of on demand, like you.

As my great aunt used to say: "That's why there's chocolate and vanilla".

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I like the consistency my TM2 gives me. I can honestly tell the difference in the vapor between a 2.5 and a 3. If I want to ride the temps, I can do that. But if I want to cruise at a certain temp, I know it's gonna get there and stay there.

I've said before, it's like prefererence in transmission. Some like to shift a manual and have control over the ride, and some, like me, like to just put in drive and cruise.

Add on the fact that it runs on-demand and you got my favorite vape.

Last edited:

FrostyGeode

TM2 / BAKx / CC-Omega
I do not think they sell the darker one any longer. I did not see it on the site. I regret not buying one when I had the chance. This vape is extraordinary to say the least...never a problem with it. Always works, It is just one of my favorites. I love mine.

Double this, the thing just works. I’ve used it daily for months portably & through a water pipe in the evenings. It has never let me down once, never an issue - other than a dead batt. It’s also incredibly efficient, consistent and versatile. Doesn’t struggle like other vapes when it needs a clean too- keeps on hitting.

A friend of mine (who isn’t that into herb) got one after trying mine. I of course tried to sway him to start with something cheaper (Dynavap etc) he hardly uses it, but to this day I struggle to say he made a bad decision. If his battery gets shot from leaving it dead for a long time he can pop a new one in. If he wants to microdose after not having herb for a while he can, session is also there.

Top Bottom