TinyMight / TM 2

MoltenTiger

pre-loaded avlp caps in the TM2 are as fast a reload as you are gonna get!
maybe pre loaded stems
Having a set of prefilled capsules is a good way to go when on the move.
The OG TM mesh capsules are okay, the newer TM2 SS style a little better.

The Air vape Legacy Pro gold plated ones do look pretty cool! Are they more shallow meaning less flower mass? The taller TM capsules are better suited for session use, maybe you could one-hit these chambers more readily?

I mainly use an Ed's TnT wooden WPA, or Rogue Wax Works pill/ball stem, and load straight from the grinder. It's very little fuss to do and with the WPA fits the use case of blasting bilsons back to back like the olden days, the RWW stem does lead to a bigger bowl/session style.
The loading of capsules is a little extra step that I found I prefer to avoid. But for taking out and about, it's a useful bonus.

With some other vapes, the biggest advantage to capsules is how clean they are to use in comparison to loading the vape chamber in the main unit.
Loading stems makes near enough the same difference, the main unit stays relatively clean, and this one is easy to take apart and clean. Too good.

What a vape the TM2 is! It just makes sense and is plenty versatile too.

budski

cantre member
Having a set of prefilled capsules is a good way to go when on the move.
The OG TM mesh capsules are okay, the newer TM2 SS style a little better.

The Air vape Legacy Pro gold plated ones do look pretty cool! Are they more shallow meaning less flower mass? The taller TM capsules are better suited for session use, maybe you could one-hit these chambers more readily?

The loading of capsules is a little extra step that I found I prefer to avoid. But for taking out and about, it's a useful bonus.

With some other vapes, the biggest advantage to capsules is how clean they are to use in comparison to loading the vape chamber in the main unit.
Loading stems makes near enough the same difference, the main unit stays relatively clean, and this one is easy to take apart and clean. Too good.

What a vape the TM2 is! It just makes sense and is plenty versatile too.
the versatility of tm2 is amazing, stems of glass, wood, or ti, with or w/out cooling beads and/or various mouthpieces make for a lot of personalization. I bought a Good Vibes Boro stem w/marbles and was a bit disappointed at 1st as it didn't cool much, but, the stem has a small/large "bowl" at either end. I was able to put some extra beads out of my Ed's wood stem in the end and trap them with the printed steel Fin-twist mouth piece from Delta 3D and it became my favorite stem.
caps; the avlp gold caps taste better than the stainless, they're the easiest to fill and empty, the wider flatter profile right on the oven floor begets a more thorough extraction at lower temps, than caps or direct loads in the stem and get AVB like used coffee grounds. The Angus caps work in some stems but the thick walls and deep cylinder shape doesn't roast the herb as well.

Last edited:

cliffhanger1

After I often heard about the good service from TM, I wanted to report my case.
I have 2 devices that worked perfectly for over a year until the USB ports are defective.
However, they are not loose, only the TM2 no longer charges.
With the cable plugged in I rarely get the red charging light if you shake the cable a bit, but rarely.
Even if the lamp is on, the TM no longer charges the batteries, otherwise everything is fine with the devices.
I now have an external charger and everything is fine. but the TM man says it's probably not a warranty case.

Maybe it was a user error on my part, wrong AC adapter or I pulled too hard on the cable or something ridiculous like that.
What disappointed me the most was that he lied to me. I said the devices no longer get hot when charging on the bottom plate,
so they don't charge. He said it wasn't normal, it shouldn't get hot while charging. apparently a mistake on my part.
but it is also stated in the FAQ on his homepage that it is normal.
He said they've changed something, the devices don't get as hot anymore. yes, but I have one of the first generation.
Why is he lying, I ask myself??

I have often heard here that it is normal for the device to get hot when charging.

Edit: I forgot

He will have an Video, but i cannot show the problem, because it not chargeing when the reds loading lamps on. I feel it only because the unit is not warm. that is not showable.
and i told i have NO camera in my house what he did not accept. because my illnes i cannot do it too.
if i have an warranty case by Sony for example i have not to make an video. laugh. but a video cannot show it what he does not understand.

Last edited:

Necroticism

I purchased my Tinymight in march 2022 (TM v1.5?) and since last month that it is impossible to brown my AVB on a 10. Little clouds.
Batteries have 4 months, Molicel p28a, they're new, have 6 so long rotation in between. Always used external charger (Xtar SC2).
Never fully closed the battery cap. Always just enough to vibrate, so I don't think the "pin connector" is that flat but who knows.

This is my final AVB on a 10 at this point (I'm not kidding)
Here's inside the battery compartment
How should I proceed? I don't think this is a matter of calibration.
Thank you

Necroticism,

davesmith

Glass Blower
After a good amount of FC reading, this is my first post. Does anyone know specifically if any solder is used anywhere in the TM2? Thanks. It’s good to be here!

Solder? Surely every vape has solder in it the pcb will always be soldered no?

Or do you mean solder in the airpath?

Rodney

I seen someone say what mode is best session or on demand? am sure on demand is best from sounds of it. It arrives tomorrow :)

Rodney,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I seen someone say what mode is best session or on demand? am sure on demand is best from sounds of it. It arrives tomorrow :)

The mode doesn't change the function, it is always on demand really, either way you are inhaling the hot air through the herb to create the vapor... It is much easier to do with a press of the button, so you can then let go of the button to deactivate heater, continue inhaling to clear all the heat and vapor before you exhale... In session mode it is impossible to clear, without removing the stem, so I only use it if I'm taking a higher temp one hitter typically through water so I can turn it off to completely clear my hit from heat and vapor... It's a pretty much always on demand, I'm not really sure how someone could use mouth to lung successfully with a vape like this, convection is typically based off strong lung deep inhale, not little puffs like session conduction vapor being made for you (there are some other convection ones that can work with the puffs well though I just wouldn't think to use it that way here but some people do so clearly it's very versatile beyond the expected!) I prefer full control

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I purchased my Tinymight in march 2022 (TM v1.5?) and since last month that it is impossible to brown my AVB on a 10. Little clouds.
The earlier versions of the TM of which I have two had an occasional problem with contacts. If I started to lose power, I found that loosening the screw enough so that you can manhandle the end caps a little bit, moving them around a little bit and then screwing it back in tightly usually resolved whatever contact issue I was having. I would absolutely try that before considering returning to Finland for repair.
It is my understanding that the need for this has been eliminated in the 2nd gen TM.

Durbandream

Session is much better than on demand most of the time. You have to hold down the button with on demand, session mode you can just hold the vape normally and puff until you're done. You just have to remember to turn it off.

angular ocelot

Batteries have 4 months, Molicel p28a, they're new, have 6 so long rotation in between. Always used external charger (Xtar SC2).
Never fully closed the battery cap. Always just enough to vibrate, so I don't think the "pin connector" is that flat but who knows.

This is my final AVB on a 10 at this point (I'm not kidding)
Here's inside the battery compartment
How should I proceed? I don't think this is a matter of calibration.
Thank you
first thing i would try, undo the screw at the bottom with a torx screwdriver a little bit, wiggle the top and bottom plates around a bit, then screw back together tightly.

edit: as cybrguy said above.

HighTime

Solder? Surely every vape has solder in it the pcb will always be soldered no?

Or do you mean solder in the airpath?
Thanks. Oh yeah. I should have been more specific. I, too, would think there is some solder in the pcb, and the pcb from what I’ve read is isolated from the air/vapor paths. So, the better question is whether or not their is any solder anywhere in the air/vapor paths of the TM2?

Shit Snacks

Thanks. Oh yeah. I should have been more specific. I, too, would think there is some solder in the pcb, and the pcb from what I’ve read is isolated from the air/vapor paths. So, the better question is whether or not their is any solder anywhere in the air/vapor paths of the TM2?

Then the answer would be a big nope! :tup:

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
i have had mine for over three years now and have had to do it twice. exactly the same symptoms as yours.
I’ve loosened the screw on my original TM a few times, not recently, which got it to make more vapor again. That was before my RMA over a year ago in which I haven’t had to adjust anything since - and more importantly working like new.

For 3.5+ years I’ve have - and loved!!! - my Tinymight I use on-demand mode 99.9% of the time. It don’t bother me at all and I love it. I’ve never had button issues either. Does the TM push my button? Yeah it does :)
:peace:

MoltenTiger

After I often heard about the good service from TM, I wanted to report my case.
I have 2 devices that worked perfectly for over a year until the USB ports are defective.
However, they are not loose, only the TM2 no longer charges.
With the cable plugged in I rarely get the red charging light if you shake the cable a bit, but rarely.
Even if the lamp is on, the TM no longer charges the batteries, otherwise everything is fine with the devices.
I now have an external charger and everything is fine. but the TM man says it's probably not a warranty case.

Maybe it was a user error on my part, wrong AC adapter or I pulled too hard on the cable or something ridiculous like that.
What disappointed me the most was that he lied to me. I said the devices no longer get hot when charging on the bottom plate,
so they don't charge. He said it wasn't normal, it shouldn't get hot while charging. apparently a mistake on my part.
but it is also stated in the FAQ on his homepage that it is normal.
He said they've changed something, the devices don't get as hot anymore. yes, but I have one of the first generation.
Why is he lying, I ask myself??

I have often heard here that it is normal for the device to get hot when charging.

Edit: I forgot

He will have an Video, but i cannot show the problem, because it not chargeing when the reds loading lamps on. I feel it only because the unit is not warm. that is not showable.
and i told i have NO camera in my house what he did not accept. because my illnes i cannot do it too.
if i have an warranty case by Sony for example i have not to make an video. laugh. but a video cannot show it what he does not understand.
USB-C is a bit too complicated for it's own good. That's a pity about the failure. And the warranty claim trouble.
As a device feature I would think it should be serviceable under warranty BUT given it was working on release, it is solely wear and tear to blame for the fatigued part, so it is at their discretion.
The problem is how hard it would be to service, they are fiddly bastards to solder. As this is their first go at USB-C I would bet they have discovered the fragility and potentially chopped and changed parts. Ultimately it is best to epoxy the connector and to include some kind of additional cable retention. None of that is present here. It's hard to find quality connectors at the right price for production, and a little hard to test and know they're on properly without an x-ray at the factory or a part that is mixed though hole and SMD or one of the newer styles that exposes all SMD pins for visual checks, created due to this very common issue. I replaced my last phone because of USB-C failure.
As you're getting the LED lit, there is power going in so it is only a marginal connection fault. You might be able to try different cables with various pin outs to see if any of the more basic power hookup styles will work. The TM2 cable is full pin functionality and quite nice... other cheap cables that can't transfer data may work, for a time.

652ef8bf1978b1a2ac6b4166_USB-C%20hero%20image.png

Session is much better than on demand most of the time. You have to hold down the button with on demand, session mode you can just hold the vape normally and puff until you're done. You just have to remember to turn it off.
Probably also causes a fair amount of additional stress on the button to use it on demand as often as I use it in session. Only downside to session is accidentally leaving it on and forgetting about it. But the batteries are easy to swap and are also better to charge outside the unit to keep the USB header fresh for emergencies.
At least the button would be trivial to repair vs the USB-C.

Rodney

any reason why a TM2 would suddenly start combusting, regularly?
had the vape brand new for a week with no problems, until this.
after it combusted about 3 or 4 times yesterday (heat setting 9, and lightly filled with cannabis) i put it down before i smashed it to bits in a rage.
have cleaned the device and made sure it's heating is set to the standard level as per back page of the manual.
is there something i am missing?

I have been reading this thread while waiting on my TM2 to arrive and it is an amazing story. Have anted tor reply to many posts but for nwo will just reply to this as seems like exact same issue I had with another vape and sent me mad until if found out problem.

ok so

I used my old vape the Arizer for months and months on same temperature and never ever had any combustion then I started to grind very very fine and it was ok at first but then it started to combust all of a sudden and never knew what it was until started to grind like I had previously. I know they are both different vapes but with the Arizer what would happen is fine bits of bud would go threw the screen and end up on heater below and if enough fell onto heater it would combust and combust up and combust the bowl. I even combusted on lower temperatures with too finely grinded weed on my Arizer.

It might not be same thing for you and I will pray hope and wish that you get it sorted and can happily vape without combusting with the TM2.

Shit Snacks

I have been reading this thread while waiting on my TM2 to arrive and it is an amazing story. Have anted tor reply to many posts but for nwo will just reply to this as seems like exact same issue I had with another vape and sent me mad until if found out problem.

ok so

I used my old vape the Arizer for months and months on same temperature and never ever had any combustion then I started to grind very very fine and it was ok at first but then it started to combust all of a sudden and never knew what it was until started to grind like I had previously. I know they are both different vapes but with the Arizer what would happen is fine bits of bud would go threw the screen and end up on heater below and if enough fell onto heater it would combust and combust up and combust the bowl. I even combusted on lower temperatures with too finely grinded weed on my Arizer.

It might not be same thing for you and I will pray hope and wish that you get it sorted and can happily vape without combusting with the TM2.

Yeah, it's not the same at all here, totally different vape designs, not really possible

MoltenTiger

ok so

FWIW I have been surprised how clean my TM2 is between chamber and heater.

Being able to partially take it apart is a great feature, several times I've broken it down for cleaning but it's very quick and easy. Mostly the mouthpiece will only need attention.

Pretty sure Arizer uses ceramic rods? TM2 has a big coiled ribbon, but the screen and mesh above it seem to work really well.

I'll randomly mention again as I forgot on a previous post about potential device improvements - LED light pipes!
I used DynaWax to block the LED holes in the power and charge indicators as well as the pick tool.
Big, big improvement and it has held up very well. I did the same thing on my PC which used to project a circle to the ceiling from the pwr/hdd activity LEDs.

Instead of a badly lit and dangerously bright nuisance, I now have clean easy to see glowing lights that you can look at from any angle. Much nicer. Only downside is you lose the crazy light show from blowing vapour over the lit pick tool. But those beams burn retinas, so it's nice not having those moments like I was at first.

Shit Snacks

Pretty sure Arizer uses ceramic rods?

No, what they are describing, is the metal cup, which you insert the stem into, there is a metal plate where if crumbs fall down, it becomes a skillet and cooks the crumb until it is black with direct conduction... It is not the heating element per se, though it is the heater... And yes here not an issue because the heating element is not only separate for convection without conduction it also has all the protective screens and style of use where you are inhaling it away (gotta love stems, removable chambers and pathways)

MoltenTiger

No, what they are describing, is the metal cup, which you insert the stem into, there is a metal plate where if crumbs fall down, it becomes a skillet and cooks the crumb until it is black with direct conduction... It is not the heating element per se, though it is the heater... And yes here not an issue because the heating element is not only separate for convection without conduction it also has all the protective screens and style of use where you are inhaling it away (gotta love stems, removable chambers and pathways)
Ah I see. Nice description. Classic low power technique, ramp the heater up way beyond target. The TM2 not only has better separation due to the convection style, it also likely reaches overall lower temps with better heat exchange allowing for the performance seen.

Top Bottom