TinyMight / TM 2

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
I’ve never used nose grease with my TM which I’ve had for 3.5 years. Adjust the oring as someone described above. And remember glass has variances - one stem’s optimal oring adjustment may not be another’s, as the case with my stock TM stems. It should slide in/out with a bit or resistance but it shouldn’t take that much effort. I might still be using the original stem oring too but perhaps I did replace it once. Regardless the TM rocks - every single time! :peace:

Kaptan

So I was in a rush packing for a short vacation… I was packing up my original TM to take along for the trip. TM2 is strictly an at home device. I checked the battery level on the TM and get only 2 vibrations. First thought is - Better change the battery before leaving. I pop the battery out, place it in my charger and I got distracted and walked away. I came back a few minutes later and proceeded to quickly insert a freshly charged battery in the TM. As I make the final turn where the device would vibrate as the battery makes contact, my heart stops….WTF! No vibration! no light indicator! A couple of seconds pass and I started smelling burning electronics. I frantically unscrewed the battery lid to see that I inserted the battery positive end up. FML! I then started thinking about all the others that had reported this and their devices were damaged and no longer turned on. I popped the battery out and swapped polarity so it was properly inserted, then slowly tightened the lid. 4 vibrations! What??? There’s no way it will heat up though, right? Sure enough, it still works and keeps on ticking!
For all those TM1 users out there - if you make a mistake inserting your battery, quickly remove the battery and you may get lucky. Better yet, pay more attention when changing your battery!

Xenkishøtz

𝓣Ø𝓜𝓑𝓗Ø𝓤𝓢𝓔 𝓣𝓥
Quick additional question R.E charging the TinyMight 2, I'm not in a position, financially where I can just go out and buy a couple 18650s and a Nitecore charger, will I be okay charging it through the device? Because realistically if it was such a damaging issue, they wouldn't have included the option to, right? I know it's better for battery longevity itself to charge externally, but it's not going to blow up or fry my device is it? Also I charge when it gets to the purple as I've heard if you drain it too low then on-board charging doesn't work, bit of a bummer but I will invest in one soon, but for the month or so ahead I'm gonna be internally charging. It might not be recommended, but is this okay?

Spin0620

Quick additional question R.E charging the TinyMight 2, I'm not in a position, financially where I can just go out and buy a couple 18650s and a Nitecore charger, will I be okay charging it through the device? Because realistically if it was such a damaging issue, they wouldn't have included the option to, right? I know it's better for battery longevity itself to charge externally, but it's not going to blow up or fry my device is it? Also I charge when it gets to the purple as I've heard if you drain it too low then on-board charging doesn't work, bit of a bummer but I will invest in one soon, but for the month or so ahead I'm gonna be internally charging. It might not be recommended, but is this okay?
It's fine. Just make sure you unplug after it's charged. Don't leave it unattended while charging but the same goes for using external charger too.

Xenkishøtz

𝓣Ø𝓜𝓑𝓗Ø𝓤𝓢𝓔 𝓣𝓥
It's fine. Just make sure you unplug after it's charged. Don't leave it unattended while charging but the same goes for using external charger too.
Thank you, and yes when the red charging light goes out I make sure to unplug it.

Xenkishøtz,
Reactions: Spin0620

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...

Just be aware the TM uses high speed charging. Testing with inline USB meter, shows over a 2.5 amp charge rate, which is ok for “most” 18650 batteries, including the Molicel 26/28’s. The only issue I didn’t like was how HOT my original TM got when charging in the device. I have not tested my new TM2 for heat yet, while charging.

I normally use an external charger, but NEVER charge no matter how, UNATTENDED.

Save up for the $32 Xtar charger I have recommended in the link below, and (3) more Molicel 28a batteries at $5/each. TOTAL COST: $47.00, less then 1/4 ounce of weed.

CHARGER:

Molicel batteries:

Xenkishøtz

𝓣Ø𝓜𝓑𝓗Ø𝓤𝓢𝓔 𝓣𝓥
Just be aware the TM uses high speed charging. Testing with inline USB meter, shows over a 2.5 amp charge rate, which is ok for “most” 18650 batteries, including the Molicel 26/28’s. The only issue I didn’t like was how HOT my original TM got when charging in the device. I have not tested my new TM2 for heat yet, while charging.

Save up for the $32 Xtar charger I have recommended in the link below, and (3) more Molicel 28a batteries at $5/each. TOTAL COST: $47.00, less then 1/4 ounce of weed.

CHARGER:

Molicel batteries:

Oh shit I had no idea how cheap they are lmao I'll buy them as soon as possible

Spin0620

CHARGER:

Molicel batteries:

My tinymight 2 doesn't get too hot. Just be cautious when switching the batteries as you don't want to damage the wrap on them.

RustyOldNail

How do you go about in upgrading from TM1 to TM2, how much is the discount?

Info in post below (which I bookmarked):

sickmanfraud

$18 for a discontinued charger

Molicel P28 $4.53 (3 and up)

Laantje

Sadly, it wasn't the case. :(

External chargers and different batteries gave the same results.
The device is most likely broken, I've contacted Tinymight in hope to get a replacement.
Good news, I've received a repaired Tinymight 2 (with a free extra battery) last tuesday :)

Love the device, it definitely is a beast!
I've noticed that there is a small learning curve though, I don't get consistent results. I'm not really used to the open airflow yet I guess. Tips are welcome :)

Do y'all prefer a coarse or a fine grind?
With my old Mighty coarse seemed to work better, but maybe I should try a fine grind for the TM2.

Oh and ehm, has anyone tried using the Arizer Extreme Q dome screens in the Tinymight?
I'm planning on using the metal stem for my bubbler by attaching it to my Arizer tube, but I'm worried the flat metal ring on the Extreme Q dome screens might be bad for the device.

Also, I can't really seem to move the cooling unit backwards without pushing the screen inside. I've tried putting the pressure on the small edges but I have to add enough pressure that my stir tool ends up on the screen anyway.

Xenkishøtz

𝓣Ø𝓜𝓑𝓗Ø𝓤𝓢𝓔 𝓣𝓥
Good news, I've received a repaired Tinymight 2 (with a free extra battery) last tuesday :)

Love the device, it definitely is a beast!
I've noticed that there is a small learning curve though, I don't get consistent results. I'm not really used to the open airflow yet I guess. Tips are welcome :)

Do y'all prefer a coarse or a fine grind?
With my old Mighty coarse seemed to work better, but maybe I should try a fine grind for the TM2.

Oh and ehm, has anyone tried using the Arizer Extreme Q dome screens in the Tinymight?
I'm planning on using the metal stem for my bubbler by attaching it to my Arizer tube, but I'm worried the flat metal ring on the Extreme Q dome screens might be bad for the device.

Also, I can't really seem to move the cooling unit backwards without pushing the screen inside. I've tried putting the pressure on the small edges but I have to add enough pressure that my stir tool ends up on the screen anyway.
I have also popped the CU's screen out with the tool. Fortunately it fits back in and will resinate enough to stay in place but yeah, the method for moving it really isn't intuitive at all. One of my very few negatives about the device. I have an arizer v tower and I assume those dome basket screens would work. If they fit snugly I don't see why it should matter. It's only metal heating up after all, which the screen on the heater does anyway.

Maschine

True, you don’t want to use lithium batteries that have compromised wraps. But it can happen, thus I have purchased new wraps, and using a heat-gun, have replaced them when necessary.
Sorry for asking again. What part of the warping/cover you all talking about? I have a pair old 18650 wrapped in tight blue plastic but after years some tiny bits plastic is worn off here and there and the blank metal of the battery starts to show. They still work great tbh but now I`m concerned, is it dangerous to still use them and if so, why is it dangerous?

I use a dosing capsule to push in the CU. Capsule fits perfect at the rim of the CU so you won`t push in the screen all the time. If you need to adjust length you can use the stir tool to push it in even further.

stuey

Sorry for asking again. What part of the warping/cover you all talking about? I have a pair old 18650 wrapped in tight blue plastic but after years some tiny bits plastic is worn off here and there and the blank metal of the battery starts to show. They still work great tbh but now I`m concerned, is it dangerous to still use them and if so, why is it dangerous?

If you remove all of the wrap from the battery, you will notice that the -ve part of the battery is usually isnt isolated from the outer case, so whole case is one big -ve pole. The +ve usually has at least a small rim of plastic around it (usually within the wrapper on most batteries so you wont see it on many batteries) so the +ve is usually isolated from the case. It can be the other way around as at lease on of the poles needs to be isolated. Have a look at how the MFLB works because that vape requites you to remove the wrapper from a battery to make use of the case as the -ve contact.

Its not really dangerous as to get a short the +ve and the outer case (-ve) need to both come into contact with something to cause a short and thats still fairly unlikely and if you keep batteries in a storage case then you shouldnt really have an issue, but a bit of shrink wrap (which is mega cheap) would sort that so up to you really.

Try using the flat end of a pencil (not the end you write with) against the edge of the CU.

In fact if you have a new pencil (one that has never had either end sharpened, you can put one end on the desk and the other on the CU and just press down.

TheDankness

Extremely Moist
Got my device this week and have been really loving it. For a portable it's really next level. Desktop power in the palm of your hand!

I did some quick searches through this extremely deep thread looking for any mention of an Orange Charging light and couldn't find anything. When I plug mine into a charger (I've been using iPad and iPhone chargers rated for >2A), I'm getting an orange charge light. Not red.

Does anyone know what that means? Is it a charging fault? Low current? I'm hoping this is just a normal charging situation, but can't find anything about it in the various faqs and battery charging comments.

Also, does anyone know if the Arizer Go batteries are compatible with this unit? I've got three of them (one Samsung and two NCR batteries) and a dual battery charger I'm hoping to reuse for this, but haven't installed one yet to try it out. I have a healthy respect for these batteries and realize the TM2 draws a lot more current than the Arizer.

Anybody know where to buy the Molicels in Canada?

blaze on, my vastronauts.

RustyOldNail

Also, I can't really seem to move the cooling unit backwards without pushing the screen inside.

the method for moving it really isn't intuitive at all.

Try using the flat end of a pencil (not the end you write with) against the edge of the CU.

LINK BELOW (with pictures) easy TOOL for adjusting TM C.U.:

Alex3oe

Accessory Maker
Got one of these delivered today. Not the cheapest (it‘s glass, so I’ll break it sooner or later :(), but really nice, very well made and it‘s delivering fantastic vapour.

imor jones

My tinymight 2 doesn't get too hot. Just be cautious when switching the batteries as you don't want to damage the wrap on them.
My tinymight 2 actually gets pretty hot, when charging the battery in the device.
At least when the battery was almost empty

imor jones,

RustyOldNail

$18 for a discontinued charger

I wouldn’t recommend the Xtar VC4! Reasons below…

GET the “Xtar VC4SL”, mentioned in POST #10 in this thread, others seem to be satisfied with it, and you have more options for charge speeds!

If you LOOK at the specifications of the OLDER VC4:

You need to BUY the power source separately, so the price is higher, granted you may already own a 2 amp charger, but the real limitation is the horrible charging speeds, thus the cheap price!

“ (Note that for fastest charging, you'll need to use a connector with at least 2.1A power. Our 2.1A wall adapter is sold separately.)”

• Charge speeds (auto selected):
    • .5A x 4
    • 1A x 2 (Channel 1 & 4)

My tinymight 2 actually gets pretty hot, when charging the battery in the device.
At least when the battery was almost empty

That’s why it’s BEST to use an EXTERNAL charger, the batteries are open to airflow, keeping them cooler when doing a FULL charge. The TM traps the heat in the body, and it uses a FAST charge rate over 2.5 amps, also making the batteries HOTTER. Heat is the enemy of a battery. With the new battery cap on the TM2, it’s now much easier to remove the battery.

AssistedLiving

I've used a Nitecore USM4 for 2 years without issue

Nitecore UMS4 - intelligent charger for Li-Ion, LiFePo4, Ni-MH, Ni-CD batteries.
The UMS4 is the big brother of the UM4 charger.
The main differences are mainly the higher charging current, now up to 3A in *QC (Quick Charge) mode on one slot possible with two occupied slots max. 2A per slot and 1A per slot for 4 slots.

https://flashlight.nitecore.com/product/ums4

Top Bottom