TinyMight / TM 2

Sonic_1579

I hate to bring up batteries again after annoying somebody earlier, but wanted to mention that I tested 3 out of the 4 Molicel P28A's that I've recently purchased (from 3 different retailers) using my new XTAR VC4SL's capacity mode and none of them have tested over 2550mah. They are advertised as 2800mah. @RustyOldNail do you have any comment on this? Is it to be expected? One of the P28A's was only used about 5 times prior to testing, and never drained more than half way.
I think they are rated as 2600 mah minimal capacity

gmo67

I received my high artisan 4 terp pill stem this morning,it took 2 weeks to get to the uk ,just about to have a wee session.
GetAttachmentThumbnail
thumbnail-IMG-0174.jpg

Last edited:

GoldenBud

I received my high artisan 4 terp pill stem this morning,it took 2 weeks to get to the uk ,just about to have a wee session.
GetAttachmentThumbnail
to upload an image:

https://imgbb.com/ > start uploading > upload the picture > choose 'BBcode full linked' under 'Embed codes' > copy the whole line but remove the [u_rl] part, post only the [im_g]qqqqqqq[/i_mg]
you can also upload few photos then copy/paste few links, it works too

kiddvudu2

to upload an image:

https://imgbb.com/ > start uploading > upload the picture > choose 'BBcode full linked' under 'Embed codes' > copy the whole line but remove the [u_rl] part, post only the [im_g]qqqqqqq[/i_mg]
I use the "direct link" option. You can paste that directly into the "insert images" tool without editing it.

Capture.png

Just click the copy button that I highlighted on the right.

EDIT: My apologies. I am using https://postimages.org/, not imgbb. Sorry for the confusion. Either way works tho! :tup:

gangababa

Well, Damn! One week in as a Tinymight user and I have dropped my first glass. It wasn't one of the Tinymight glass stems, nor either of the Grav stems I bought. Indeed, I'd gladly lose the Grav Upline Taster to regain my now-broken Airistech mini-bubbler. It was becoming my favorite as it cooled nicely used dry. I was delighted to be able to use the Boundless Tera short glass mouth piece.
20230111-201519.jpg

I'd finished cleaning the stem for the first time just before I dropped it.

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Hey all! I've had a few requests for some custom mouthpieces for the hot glass stems and had a few ideas for some metal cooling mouthpieces (aluminum or stainless steel).

But I need someone who has a spare stem to loan me for testing the fit. Anyone have a spare stem they could loan me for a few weeks to test? If so shoot me a PM and we'll chat

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
to upload an image:

If you use "BBcode full" without the "linked" part on imgbb.com you don't have to edit anything. Just drop in the whole code. This is how it comes out, without the asterisk in the first IMG tag...
[i*mg]https://i.ibb.co/mXd99VJ/TM-w-Jhook.jpg[/img]
TM-w-Jhook.jpg

Last edited:

666Honeybadger

Unknown member
If you use "BBcode full" without the "linked" part on imgbb.com you don't have to edit anything. Just drop in the whole code. This is how it comes out, without the asterisks in the first IMG tags...
[i*mg]https://i.ibb.co/mXd99VJ/TM-w-Jhook.jpg[/img]
TM-w-Jhook.jpg
Wow, there's enough reclaim on that stem for you to just use it as a straw when you have a hot chocolatemilk and get wasted... ☕

I wonder: did somebody ever try to vape the reclaim by torching the stem while inhaling thru the hook?

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yeah imgbb sometimes throws in a URL ad at the bottom of the BB code so that's why I only highlight and paste here what is in the IMG brackets none of the URL brackets...

Edit: I misread the product referenced and thought the free gift came with the TM.
I will say my two Molicel P28 batteries from Li-ion came with a surprise free gift; an inexpensive 18650 powered fan, with cheap recharging cable

A USB C to USB C charging cable is standard with the Tinymight. With the optional full package, a fast charger is also included (among other items).

I am impressed by the sturdy, braided cover, USB charging cable that I received.
Actually, I am impressed by the entirety of this device; quality art, crafted functionality.
Well I've got no use for a cheap fan, but @Shit Snacks got me all hyped up for a flashlight, so I went and shopped myself a new 18650 light and an 18650 headlamp from Sofirn to help justify the new charger and 18650 fleet. :tup::peace:
Just got that xtar 4 battery charger. Got some extra 18650 batteries too.

I wouldnt be opposed to getting an 18650 flashlight😂
I haven't been in here in a while as I have 2 TM1s and don't expect to get a 2 unless something happens to one of mine (like losing it or giving it away). I would like to have a TM2, but I think 2 is enough... ;)

The last 3 times I ordered batteries the free gift they included was a cheap (but very serviceable) 18650 flashlight, but I see it has been over a year since I ordered batteries. Sorry if anyone was mislead, tho they only ever said free gift rather than stating flashlight. Regarding @kiddvudu2 post above I would think an 18650 for a headlamp might be a little heavy.

Just to wrap this up, my order from them came extremely quick, I have not opened the charger yet or charged up the new batteries (I actually still have another couple brand new Molicel sitting waiting for their inaugural charge for a long while now as I already have plenty in rotation) but not only did I get that USB cord as a free gift they also threw in the handheld fan! oh well no flashlight but still good deal for everything I guess lol We'll see if the fan is ever useful for me...

Meanwhile it's actually been quite a while since I've used any of my TM, been testing something else, but I have a bit more coming from GVB soon enough that will definitely help motivate me to get it back out again! Still hold the TM in the highest esteem so just feel a bit bad in neglecting :tup:

Last edited:

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Meanwhile it's actually been quite a while since I've used any of my TM, been testing something else

Unfortunately I have been neglecting my TA as I am testing another new thing the past few weeks
:popcorn:

I'll be watching to see what secret thing has you testing so zealously. Hopefully we can see it soon.

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Indeed, as long as it doesn’t have a light bulb in it….. :)
I think Aeromed has a light in it. It’s halogen, very funky like an electronic bong, at least that’s how I describe to novice friends. I’ve used it but don’t own one.

Still dreaming of a RED TM2 to keep my super awesome OG TM company. I reach for my TM before anything else! :love: :peace:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I think Aeromed has a light in it. It’s halogen, very funky like an electronic bong, at least that’s how I describe to novice friends. I’ve used it but don’t own one.

FYI they were referring to a recently released halogen based convection session portable that has had a mixed reception and often gets discussed with the tinymight (I believe vgoodiez has even begun to sell them as a bundle option together now in fact) there are a few other halogen-based vapes too though

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I hate to bring up batteries again after annoying somebody earlier, but wanted to mention that I tested 3 out of the 4 Molicel P28A's that I've recently purchased (from 3 different retailers) using my new XTAR VC4SL's capacity mode and none of them have tested over 2550mah. They are advertised as 2800mah. @RustyOldNail do you have any comment on this? Is it to be expected? One of the P28A's was only used about 5 times prior to testing, and never drained more than half way.

I covered this in the thread I’ll link below, and after that Post #90, scroll down to Post #92.

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
FYI they were referring to a recently released halogen based convection session portable that has had a mixed reception and often gets discussed with the tinymight (I believe vgoodiez has even begun to sell them as a bundle option together now in fact) there are a few other halogen-based vapes too though
I think I know of what you’re speaking. I was just saying the one I’ve used as a guest was a tabletop with a light that heated the flower. It’s a funky looking thing but it works incredibly well. The vapor is lighter than vapor with this thing. All good. :peace:

Vaporific,
Reactions: Grass Yes

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I loaded up the wpa tonight with some Ice Cream Cake flower and topped it with a generous heap of bubble hash. No worries of it going in the heater IF you remember to keep it inverted until at least the first good hit. My unit stays inverted in a hook throughout the whole session. Anyway....damn, that bubble done fucked me up. :uhoh:

Ok, gotta go load the TM2 up again, along with a good glob in the Core erig. Gotta get ready for the Troy & Jerry show tonight. Hope to see some of you in the chat. :spliff: edit: show got cancelled for tonight. Troy got the covs. Feel better man.

Vapeah like you stoleah. Yeah Bub.

Last edited:

badbee

Measured capacity depends on discharge rate, ambient temperature and air flow. Unless you tested under exactly the same conditions as the manufacturer with cells that just came off the line you will get different results. It's to be expected that they publish the "best case" capacity, because every other manufacturer will do the same. You got within 90% of the published spec, so that's not bad.

This is why engineers never design something to use the full published limits of the parts it's made from. If a "real" 10 A capacity is needed, for example, the parts get spec'd for 13 - 15 A to be safe.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Measured capacity depends on discharge rate, ambient temperature and air flow. Unless you tested under exactly the same conditions as the manufacturer with cells that just came off the line you will get different results. It's to be expected that they publish the "best case" capacity, because every other manufacturer will do the same. You got within 90% of the published spec, so that's not bad.

This is why engineers never design something to use the full published limits of the parts it's made from. If a "real" 10 A capacity is needed, for example, the parts get spec'd for 13 - 15 A to be safe.

Agreed, I covered this in a bit more detail with the links I included in my post above, and a BOOKMARK I keep, as this question comes up now and then.

SHORT VERSION: Most battery spec sheets use CHARGE/DISCHARGE settings that can capture the most flattering numbers. Unless you have a higher end charger like mine, where you can set the DISCHARGE limit to their test limit at 2.5 volts, and don’t mind waiting endless hours for their SLOW CHARGE rate, you CAN’T compare the results on an inexpensive charger to the rated specs.

RustyOldNail,
Reactions: kiddvudu2

Dr. G

Old Resident
So, I don't know about yours but, my TM2 is kinda perfect. It has no flaws. I am seeing this correctly, right? I had my TM1.5 out and I was staring at them both...they improved the 1.5 so well to the 2.0 what else is there? Even the stir stick we bitched about.

Mr Turnip

Update to my repair.... Second hand unit no receipt...

It took eight days from uk postage to receiving back in my hand.

Unit is as new all cleaned up and working perfectly. I had no temperature dial left which still worked perfectly fine for a while but then my unit started running really cold. I did all the quality of life recommendations I'd seen online but I couldn't get it running as it did when I first used it.

My unit went through a lot used and abused. The £112ish I spent getting a full service repair was definitely worth it.

Sorry for the ramble but hopefully this helps someone in the future.

Top Bottom