TinyMight / TM 2

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
There is a thread already about wood types and neutrality (safest is to line wood stems and bowls with metal or glass) not everyone is sensitive and not every wood is the same, but if it's getting that hot near the heater usually it affects the vapor, so I would never want to use a plain wooden stem of any species variety for the TM personally

Last edited:

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
Finally got the metal stem clean enough to use and I dig it. Using a rimmed basket screen with it and it fits tight and secure in the stem but is the TINIEST bit bigger around than the stem so sometimes it will hang up on the o-ring as I pull it out of the device and get pulled out of the stem. Cools a lot more than the short glass stem for sure.

iiNXS

I've had my TM1 for almost 2 years for the past few weeks I've noticed a loss in power. I probably have 3-4 bowls a week on average, so im not exactly beating it up. Can anyone help me figure out what's going on? Here's what I've checked so far:
- The battery contact at the bottom of the battery chamber is still raised
- I've cycled through 3 batteries (the LG that unit came wjth and 2 Molicell P28As) all between 1-2 years old and the unit underperforms with all of them.
- I've checked the aluminum strip under the top cover and it seems to be in place
- I've recalibrated the device from green to orange and it's still wayyy underperforming i.e. I only get anything other than thin wisps at best and start feeling any warmth at 9.
That battery aluminum strip under the top cover can’t make contact with the steel ring holding the glass outer chamber. Once the strip is loose and not right up against the wall of the wooden chamber it WILL make contact causing a short that doesn’t allow the heat to produce. You will still get the vibration indicator but within 2-4 seconds instead of the real 6-7 seconds. Once I wedged a small object (nonmetal) between the steel ring and the battery strip and also added another object to make sure the strip made the recommended added contact to the top of the TM. That finally got me making clouds. The vibration actually took its time after those two things.

GoldenBud

- I've checked the aluminum strip under the top cover and it seems to be in place
did you look at the wood beneath the strip? it looks ok or a bit burned/heated? maybe you need to do the "tinymight fix" after 2 years... be careful...

GoldenBud,

gangababa

Lol, I received mine yesterday and pretty sure my free gift was a USB cable... :\
Edit: I misread the product referenced and thought the free gift came with the TM.
I will say my two Molicel P28 batteries from Li-ion came with a surprise free gift; an inexpensive 18650 powered fan, with cheap recharging cable

A USB C to USB C charging cable is standard with the Tinymight. With the optional full package, a fast charger is also included (among other items).

I am impressed by the sturdy, braided cover, USB charging cable that I received.
Actually, I am impressed by the entirety of this device; quality art, crafted functionality.

Last edited:

kiddvudu2

Edit: I misread the product referenced and thought the free gift came with the TM.
I will say my two Molicel P28 batteries from Li-ion came with a surprise free gift; an inexpensive 18650 powered fan, with cheap recharging cable

A USB C to USB C charging cable is standard with the Tinymight. With the optional full package, a fast charger is also included (among other items).

I am impressed by the sturdy, braided cover, USB charging cable that I received.
Actually, I am impressed by the entirety of this device; quality art, crafted functionality.
Well I've got no use for a cheap fan, but @Shit Snacks got me all hyped up for a flashlight, so I went and shopped myself a new 18650 light and an 18650 headlamp from Sofirn to help justify the new charger and 18650 fleet. :tup::peace:

Madtater

Well I've got no use for a cheap fan, but @Shit Snacks got me all hyped up for a flashlight, so I went and shopped myself a new 18650 light and an 18650 headlamp from Sofirn to help justify the new charger and 18650 fleet. :tup::peace:
Just got that xtar 4 battery charger. Got some extra 18650 batteries too.

I wouldnt be opposed to getting an 18650 flashlight😂

Mr Turnip

Bit off topic...

I've sent my unit in for repair it's cost me roughly £112 collected Thursday.

Just thought I'd put this here and then update on timescale etc.... thought it might help some people as this is where I look for info on these things.

Needs some TLC temp button broken and low power output.

DaVapeGuy

Bit off topic...

Just thought I'd put this here and then update on timescale etc.... thought it might help some people as this is where I look for info on these things.

Not off topic at all. Nice to see a post that doesn't involve batteries or chargers in here.

Why did it cost £112 to repair it? Is it the TM1 or TM2?

Shit Snacks

Haha sorry it was @cybrguy who had ordered from them twice in the past and gotten flashlight as the free gift, I think this is my first time ordering from them, so I should not have hyped myself or anyone else lol I could really use a flashlight but I didn't feel like buying one purposefully :ko::lol:

Zeno

My TM2 was DOA also---temperature dial detached from the potentiometer. I received a quick apologetic response and DHL return authorization. They received the dead TM2 on 12/20. So far no further response, but it is the Holidays.
Although it was disappointing to receive my new TM2 in inoperable condition, the response and customer service have been excellent. They seemed a bit slammed, and the Holidays no doubt didn’t help, but I received a new operable unit a few days ago. It is certainly an outstanding device, and I look forward to further exploring its nuances. I am highly pleased with the acquisition.

kapows

Bit off topic...

Can you confirm why its cost you so much???

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Haha sorry it was @cybrguy who had ordered from them twice in the past and gotten flashlight as the free gift, I think this is my first time ordering from them, so I should not have hyped myself or anyone else lol I could really use a flashlight but I didn't feel like buying one purposefully :ko::lol:
I haven't been in here in a while as I have 2 TM1s and don't expect to get a 2 unless something happens to one of mine (like losing it or giving it away). I would like to have a TM2, but I think 2 is enough... ;)

The last 3 times I ordered batteries the free gift they included was a cheap (but very serviceable) 18650 flashlight, but I see it has been over a year since I ordered batteries. Sorry if anyone was mislead, tho they only ever said free gift rather than stating flashlight. Regarding @kiddvudu2 post above I would think an 18650 for a headlamp might be a little heavy.

Last edited:

kiddvudu2

I haven't been in here in a while as I have 2 TM1s and don't expect to get a 2 unless something happens to one of mine (like losing it or giving it away). I would like to have a TM2, but I think 2 is enough... ;)

The last 3 times I ordered batteries the free gift they included was a cheap (but very serviceable) 18650 flashlight, but I see it has been over a year since I ordered batteries. Sorry if anyone was mislead, tho they only ever said free gift rather than stating flashlight. Regarding @kiddvudu2 post above I would think an 18650 for a headlamp might be a little heavy.
No worries brother, I didn't expect much in these economic times! Re: the 18650 headlamp, I've owned many headlamps, but my favorite to date is one from a company called Fenix. It runs on an 18650 and it's a few years old now. I'm hoping newer tech only improves the experience.

The new battery arsonal and charger has prompted me to rearrange my travel kit for the TM2 and now I'm ready for anything! I can't get over the flavor and temp-step versatility of this device! And I'll go ahead and jump on board with how high-ball this thing looks and feels. I am an island among die-hard combusters, but even they notice the TM2's handsomeness. And it never fails to elicit compliments of how floral the vapor is compared to their joints and glass bowls. Very happy TM customer here. Thanks to this forum for all the help getting me to where I'm at now! Great community here! :tup::clap:

2minTurkish

That battery aluminum strip under the top cover can’t make contact with the steel ring holding the glass outer chamber. Once the strip is loose and not right up against the wall of the wooden chamber it WILL make contact causing a short that doesn’t allow the heat to produce. You will still get the vibration indicator but within 2-4 seconds instead of the real 6-7 seconds. Once I wedged a small object (nonmetal) between the steel ring and the battery strip and also added another object to make sure the strip made the recommended added contact to the top of the TM. That finally got me making clouds. The vibration actually took its time after those two things.

I will definitely check this, thanks!

did you look at the wood beneath the strip? it looks ok or a bit burned/heated? maybe you need to do the "tinymight fix" after 2 years... be careful...
I'll check this too! It seems kinda related to what @iiNXS was talking about.

2minTurkish,

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Of course this thread led me to Amazon this evening, to start researching 18650 fans and flashlights. I had gotten so excited when I saw this: fan, flashlight and stereo too, but alas.. doesn't use 18650's. Fuck... :disgust:

Maybe I can find something for the missus that runs on a 18650? :brow: But I don't think TM would give them out as a free gift.

I'm also trying to decide if I'm gonna bring my TM2 on vacation. I'd really like to have it, but I'm protective of my investment and would be pissed if it got damaged or lost while travelling. I've travelled with my Fury 2 in the past, but after using the TM2, the Fury 2 seems enemic. I've had my eye on the Angus or maybe a Crafty for such purposes.

Shit Snacks

I'm also trying to decide if I'm gonna bring my TM2 on vacation. I'd really like to have it, but I'm protective of my investment and would be pissed if it got damaged or lost while travelling. I've travelled with my Fury 2 in the past, but after using the TM2, the Fury 2 seems enemic. I've had my eye on the Angus or maybe a Crafty for such purposes

I mean, a spare TM would be ideal for this, many have no issue traveling with their go-to though, however if you do want a more solid alternative I would highly recommend v3pro or roffu over those others for this purpose... Off topic enough to stop there here? lol :tup:

2minTurkish

Yoo... I think you were spot on! I wedged a couple of thin pieces of cardboard there then put my TM1 back together. I took a stemless test hit on 9.5 for MAYBE 2 seconds MAX and it absolutely ROASTED whatever small amount of debris was in the chamber and mesh cuz I got a fairly thick fucking cloud. I'll do a full test tomorrow, but I think it's safe to say I can bring the calibration back to the default setting.

Also, what material did you use for your wedge?

Mr Turnip

I'm not so sure why the price is that high.

Disclaimer on site says have to cover costs for international shipping and repairs so covering own backs I suppose.

Not got a warranty receipt or anything so had to bite the bullet.

Cheers

Kaptan

Yoo... I think you were spot on! I wedged a couple of thin pieces of cardboard there then put my TM1 back together. I took a stemless test hit on 9.5 for MAYBE 2 seconds MAX and it absolutely ROASTED whatever small amount of debris was in the chamber and mesh cuz I got a fairly thick fucking cloud. I'll do a full test tomorrow, but I think it's safe to say I can bring the calibration back to the default setting.

Also, what material did you use for your wedge?
Aluminum foil has been recommended in the past.

sickmanfraud

Does anyone know where to get beefier o rings for the cooling unit? For some reason my cooling unit slides straight through the Ti stem. This essentially makes the stem useless. Id love to be able to use the Ti stem; the cooling unit fits the small glass stem perfectly. I know there are 2 sized o rings in the bag but I have tried every combo of o ring and still have the same problem. Can someone lead me to a slightly larger o ring that will still fit around the cooling unit and still be safe in the exposed heat?

I would contact Tinymight in Finland and ask them how to proceed. I think that somehow your Titanium stem is a fraction of a Millimeter off.

Seems off-topic to me, especially because material safety discussions are explicitly banned from device threads by the forum rules.

I am not worried about it. I just think it would make more sense over in Ask FC.
I don't think it belongs here. If there were an issue with the wood on the TM or included with it that would be one thing. Add-on accessories are not the real topic here.

Finally got the metal stem clean enough to use and I dig it. Using a rimmed basket screen with it and it fits tight and secure in the stem but is the TINIEST bit bigger around than the stem so sometimes it will hang up on the o-ring as I pull it out of the device and get pulled out of the stem. Cools a lot more than the short glass stem for sure.

There are rimmed basket screens that fit. Tinymight in Finland and many re-sellers have the proper basket screen for the TM.

kiddvudu2

I would contact Tinymight in Finland and ask them how to proceed. I think that somehow your Titanium stem is a fraction of a Millimeter off.

I don't think it belongs here. If there were an issue with the wood on the TM or included with it that would be one thing. Add-on accessories are not the real topic here.

There are rimmed basket screens that fit. Tinymight in Finland and many re-sellers have the proper basket screen for the TM.
Or use a rimless screen. That how I used the Ti stem when I was using it.

GoldenBud

got my TM1, it's not the same unit, after the button broke 2 times he gave me a new TM! Superior CS!!
@ 6 it's so good..5-8 sec preheat
1673275039280.jpg

Top Bottom