TinyMight / TM 2

Djsleepy

I think the majority of people are confused about how big really the TM operation is.
Yes it a really hot product and it is rumoured to outperform most of the portables,but just because of that it doesnt mean TM business is on par with the mass produced vapes. Do you know any semi-artisan wooden vaporizer that has reached more people and have had better availability ??
I am actually surprised how fast TM company grew and are able to constantly ramp up production !
I really thing that the revised version of the OG was a nice stepping stone,but now two is what gave the company a chance to grow and looks like they wont miss it !
I actually for once am amused by the drama ,it makes the TM2 even spicier product ,lol !!
He worked for over a year to get the TM2 right while updating the OG to the OG 1.5 ! And is on par to do BIG THINGS this year! And working with him the last 8 months I wouldn’t be surprised if he hasn’t in some way (even if it’s just an idea) started working on TM3! That’s just my opinion!

Md_Hybrid

Stuck under a 🪵
FYI the TM2 is currently back in stock @ Vapefiend, use code 420 for a small discount 🙂

bigdaddycurtis

So I finally was able to purchase a TM2 from VGoodiez and can’t wait to try it out. I bought a Ed’s tnt wood stem with the 3mm boro cooling option as well. Anyone have pics to show how the beads sit in the wood stem?

So I've been using my Tiny Might a lot lately, and I just couldn't deal with the battery cover any longer....
So I grabbed a pretty piece of Goncalo Alves , and made a new one ...
No more searching for a damn coin!!!!
How is it attached to the battery cover? Love the look. Very interested

farmerpalmersnt

Made a cooling stem for an all glass pathway. I know the heater element and screen is always there but from experiment I am convinced it's metal post herb that impacts flavour. Possibly the galvanic effect, like tasting a dirty penny. Anyway the flavour through this is brilliant. Cooling is also fantastic.

It's got a small cup I made from a section of smaller boro tube with a glass screen fused to it. Filled that with a load of 1.5mm ruby beads, this does the bulk of the cooling work up front. Then a jumble of terp pearls and a terp pill stacked on top. Made the pinch in the stem with a blowtorch and dabtool so don't judge 😂 The stem is a cheaper version of the octo taster type thing with a glass screen. When I do the pinch it has a tendency to stress fracture around the screen. I binned the first one and this one has a tiny bit. Any tips from any glass bending types on how to avoid that would be appreciated!

Definitely can't be trusted with it out and about but I've got a few of these stems so making a new one takes 10mins.

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
That looks great @farmerpalmersnt . Really nice job.

I'm no expert, I've done a couple of glass blowing courses but not any lampwork yet, hoping to get a decent torch set up later in the year or early next. That said, my understanding is if you are hot working the glass the best thing to do is slow down the cooling process. Obviously this is ideally achieved by an annealer but I think (again early days in my research) you can achieve an almost as good solution stuffing a biscuit tin with some ceramic wool, vermiculite, or cooling bubbles or even just a fire blanket if you have one handy.

If love it if one of the community's glass workers could offer some advice here too.

Good luck man!

vapeape77

Made a cooling stem for an all glass pathway. I know the heater element and screen is always there but from experiment I am convinced it's metal post herb that impacts flavour. Possibly the galvanic effect, like tasting a dirty penny. Anyway the flavour through this is brilliant. Cooling is also fantastic.

It's got a small cup I made from a section of smaller boro tube with a glass screen fused to it. Filled that with a load of 1.5mm ruby beads, this does the bulk of the cooling work up front. Then a jumble of terp pearls and a terp pill stacked on top. Made the pinch in the stem with a blowtorch and dabtool so don't judge 😂 The stem is a cheaper version of the octo taster type thing with a glass screen. When I do the pinch it has a tendency to stress fracture around the screen. I binned the first one and this one has a tiny bit. Any tips from any glass bending types on how to avoid that would be appreciated!

Definitely can't be trusted with it out and about but I've got a few of these stems so making a new one takes 10mins.
That’s pretty fucking awesome you did that yourself! I lack equipment to even try… Heck start up a webpage and you can sell em for $35.

Seems many don’t like the cooling unit. I’m giving it a go since it is a $30 thingy they put time into. I did notice the metal like taste on day one, but seems much less noticeable after running a good number of bowls through it by day three.

I’ll probably continue to use the cooling unit to some degree since my HR Edge caps can “lock” into the bottom of it. Adds some conduction this way to give me the vape high I am use to (maybe adds some couch lock for me).

Love how people here make this a fun dyi stem hobby. I’m over the stems looking like a one hitter. Made me think I would want to smoke when I first saw pics of em here, but I use to toke with much smaller one hitters anyway…. so the temptation doesn’t really apply. Lol I’m the type, buy a bong and throw away the bowl so I never think about using it.

VGOODIEZ

Home of the Heavies
Retailer
So I finally was able to purchase a TM2 from VGoodiez and can’t wait to try it out. I bought a Ed’s tnt wood stem with the 3mm boro cooling option as well. Anyone have pics to show how the beads sit in the wood stem?
Thx so much! We got through the list and have now also opened up for general sales. If we run out this weekend we expect more units next week so hopefully we can keep them readily available moving forward.

We use conical screens to wedge the boro in there for the Ed's cooling option. Your order will ship today and once again thank you for your support and patience!

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
It's hard to believe my TM will be three years old next month. I love it as much today as I did when I first got it and it still works perfectly. I know I don't need another one, but VAS will eventually win and I will order a TM2 just because I like the upgrades.
Thanks to you I have my Tinymight :D. I told you to get a VAS-19 vaccine! Yeah, a new RED TM2 sounds good right about now… :)

Pseudo scientifically with my digital Nitecore charger, it seems like my repaired OG TM is draining batteries a bit more than before. And that’s a good thing too. It may be that the battery contact at the bottom is bent up a bit more if they adjusted that or when they screwed it back together it’s tighter than it was. I’m not sure but I can tell you my TM is rocking again and I’m using lower relative temps with great performance and very nice delicious and soft clouds. Vape perfection! :peace:

EDIT: I received my TM in March ‘20 and nary an issue with it save the recent wrong way battery incident (my fault) which necessitated its lone RMA last month.

Last edited:

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
This is strictly a curiosity driven question and I don't think it implies anything negative about the TM or TM2, but does anyone know where they are manufactured or have they ever commented? I've seen people comment about scale and mass production, and the existence of the Chinamight seems to imply some manufacturing agreement (it seems far fetched to imagine that a random Chinese factory thought they could sell enough knock-offs to justify trying to reverse engineer and spin up a production run given how niche dry herb vaping still is).

Again, I'm just curious if they've commented. I'm personally on the list for a purple heart edition as its one of my favorite woods, but its been tough to be patient everytime I get a new in-stock notification from Vapefiend!

edit: hmm, I see they have a Made in Finland logo on the TM2 box. Do they have a factory there now or something? It seems hard to believe they're still entirely hand made in this volume! Maybe they order parts in bulk and do the final assembly in Finland or something?

FelixVonTrapp

This is strictly a curiosity driven question and I don't think it implies anything negative about the TM or TM2, but does anyone know where they are manufactured or have they ever commented? I've seen people comment about scale and mass production, and the existence of the Chinamight seems to imply some manufacturing agreement (it seems far fetched to imagine that a random Chinese factory thought they could sell enough knock-offs to justify trying to reverse engineer and spin up a production run given how niche dry herb vaping still is).

Again, I'm just curious if they've commented. I'm personally on the list for a purple heart edition as its one of my favorite woods, but its been tough to be patient everytime I get a new in-stock notification from Vapefiend!
Made in Finland. And I do think they revered engineered it

gordontreeman

Made in Finland. And I do think they revered engineered it

It just seems like there is no way the customer base would be large enough to justify a factory investing that much money you know? You can't just build one of something at factory scale.

I don't know what Finland has for production capacity. Maybe its all done in house, but I think the chips and boards and such at least have to be coming from somewhere in SE Asia, right? There isn't really any other part of the world that does semiconductor manufacturing.

greenganja

It just seems like there is no way the customer base would be large enough to justify a factory investing that much money you know? You can't just build one of something at factory scale.

I don't know what Finland has for production capacity. Maybe its all done in house, but I think the chips and boards and such at least have to be coming from somewhere in SE Asia, right? There isn't really any other part of the world that does semiconductor manufacturing.
First off let me start by saying I have never researched any of this, my reply comes purely from my head. So I could be wrong. But I would think that most of the TinyMight would probably be made in Finland. And I would probably have to agree with you that the electronics are sourced from somewhere like Chins. But again I have no proof of what I'm saying it's just my opinion.

Last edited:

FelixVonTrapp

It sounds like you’re suggesting one of those suppliers is supplying someone else or building themselves. However, it’s been discussed that one way to tell the difference between genuine and fake was the color of the circuit board. So not sure that would hold true.

gordontreeman

It sounds like you’re suggesting one of those suppliers is supplying someone else or building themselves. However, it’s been discussed that one way to tell the difference between genuine and fake was the color of the circuit board. So not sure that would hold true.
I'm just speculating of course, but my high level understanding of how the chinese counterfeits usually happen is a supplier who is already in an agreement runs some extra shifts after hours or after fulfilling capacity and just subs in cheaper components and looser qc to get higher margins. I think that would potentially explain the board colors, but again, I'm not someone with first-hand experience in these kinds of production facilities.

gordontreeman,
Reactions: Elfstone

FelixVonTrapp

I'm just speculating of course, but my high level understanding of how the chinese counterfeits usually happen is a supplier who is already in an agreement runs some extra shifts after hours or after fulfilling capacity and just subs in cheaper components and looser qc to get higher margins. I think that would potentially explain the board colors, but again, I'm not someone with first-hand experience in these kinds of production facilities.
I guess it wouldn’t surprise me if someone stole his IP. Would explain the secrecy before and around the launch of the TM2.

FelixVonTrapp,

tattooed

Figured I'd share this case I picked up today. I've used a lot of these Harbor Freight pick and pluck foam cases for various things including vape gear in the past and they've never disappointed me. For the money these things are a good value, this was $9.99 on sale this weekend. Its the Apache 1800 case.

It holds my TM2, titanium stem, high artisan stem, Ed's WPA, OGB J Hook, 2 Jyarz Chicos, and 2 extra batteries. More than enough to get me by while out.

BleuEyedGuy

Didn't he switch to a German made board & add the serial number, back in January, while he was getting ready to release the TM2?

VapeFiend.com

Retailer
I'm not saying what you describe never happens, but the vast majority of Chinese counterfeit products are copies made in totally different factories to the original, usually with inferior materials and just made to look like the real thing on the outside, not really true copies on the inside.

All genuine Tinymight devices are entirely hand assembled in Finland. I'm pretty sure that even the PCB is made in Finland, but maybe its Germany . there is quite a substantial electronics manufacturing infrastructure in Finland. Ever heard of Nokia? Nokia once made all its phones in Finland. Tinymight has a small factory and uses almost entirely European materials. Chinamight is a cheap knock off. No offence meant, but you can tell yourself it's the same thing if you want, but it's most certainly not!

Last edited:

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
China produces only crap batteries and has a genormous surplus of those toxic mini pipbombs. They have alterated the TM concept so it can work with lower amp batteries and it is severly underpowered compared to the original . The Chinese couldnt ever afford to copy the TM concept one to one,simply because it is not cashwise for them to equip a 10-15 dollar vape with an expensive battery which they will have to import...
I can assure you the unit itself is built in Finland and the parts for it are source locally or from EU(Circuitboard is from Germany),which makes it one of the most expensive to build/produce portables out there,but it is totally worth it IMO. In other words Chinese cannot afford to produce Finnish class and quality ! They just want sell cheapos by truckloads...
Who knows maybe they will take a swing at Vapmans one day or Nomads, lole ...

Last edited:

Zipford

edit: hmm, I see they have a Made in Finland logo on the TM2 box. Do they have a factory there now or something? It seems hard to believe they're still entirely hand made in this volume! Maybe they order parts in bulk and do the final assembly in Finland or something?
The website says the TM is a certified Finnish Key Flag product, which means it is at least 50% made in Finland, but most products are an even percentage.

Top Bottom