TinyMight / TM 2

sdrsh

lol well I agree with them. i've played piano my entire life so my pinky has some dexterity i know the avg person's doesn't, and it's still kinda annoying to have to use it instead of an index or thumb. Can you name another device that's operated by pinky finger?

edit: lmao i'm editing immediately bc i don't want this post to come across like i'm hating on the TM2. i very much love it. but that is curious button placement
Yeah I don't mind it that much really, and sitting at the piano quite often as well, I've got a reasonable game with my pinky and fourth finger.
Just thinking about the ergonomics. As peculiar a design the Bowle has, holding it and pressing buttons feels really intuitive compared to the TM. Being outfitted with pretty big hands, this might be different for someone with more delicate manual gear.

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
One reason they may have chose to place the button on the bottom besides it being easier/cheaper to manufacture is to avoid accidental presses of the button when handling the device as you kind of have to go out of your way to push the button on the bottom.
The current design really doesn’t allow for the button to be anywhere else. It’s directly below the board and above that is the bottom of the battery well and the heater assembly. A button on the top plate above where it’s currently, placing it narrowly adjacent to the battery cover, won’t work at all. I have very few gripes or wants about the TM. Button placement isn’t one of them though it has been discussed many times herein (position, rattling, stuck, etc.) and I’ve never had an issue with mine. I mostly use my ring fingers or pinky, no issues at all for me. On the occasion I use it upside down as someone recently said, I use my index fingers. Pretty simple.

Speaking of simple I’m a big native user, stock stem and cooling unit (sans nuts & washers). A tapered mouthpiece without a built-in screen to allow a cooling unit would be my biggest want to make my favorite vape even better. Other than that I wouldn’t change a thing (except a RED TM2 of course :lol:). :peace:

TeaCup

It took my a long while to order my TM1 when it came out because I could never get over the ergonomics of not only the button placement, but also just the way the whole device curved like it does. Couple years later I have zero such problems anymore whatsoever. Have come to love the design, it's super comfortable now. No idea if my pinky and ring fingers just needed to be 🏋️‍♂️"worked out" 🏅for a bit to get used to it, but it sure does work for me now. Same thing with the diameter of the stem, it felt massive compared to my FW7 stems, especially when I was using the super ass skinny one that it originally came with!!! Now I've even kinda gravitated to using bigger size mouthpieces with my other vapes as well. As they say, life has a funny way of it sometimes. :tup:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
i've played piano my entire life so my pinky has some dexterity i know the avg person's doesn't, and it's still kinda annoying to have to use it instead of an index or thumb. Can you name another device that's operated by pinky finger?

Some of us were actually already indoctrinated to this style, with Milaana and some other early handmade vapes, that had to put the button in that location as a necessity (yes nowhere else it can go) however the key thing to remember is you do not have to use your pinky?? Especially here, hold the TM lower down, so your hand is not covering the top, hold it by the bottom, so you can press the button with any finger :tup:

I tend to spend way too much time making sure the dot on the dial matches up with the numbers on the scale

I'm not sure exactly what you mean maybe, but you know the dial corresponds to any slight movement, so you don't have to be exactly on the numbers, in fact there is a whole world of additional temperature settings between the numbers too :tup:

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
I might have to have a few tokes before I see the lady figure mind you haha
20221008-172927-1.jpg
20221008-172927-1.jpg

:brow:

Lad113

I'm not sure exactly what you mean maybe, but you know the dial corresponds to any slight movement, so you don't have to be exactly on the numbers, in fact there is a whole world of additional temperature settings between the numbers too :tup:
I understand. I'm the type that likes to stick to a set temp once I find a setting I like, set it and forget it type. The temp dial does move with ease when adjusting it so I always feel the need to check where the dial is before I use it just incase I accidentally bumped it when traveling or handling it. A clickable dial (or even a cover for the dial) would in a way lock in your temp settings so that they don't move too easily on you, one less thing I need to check before I use it.

@ Shit Snacks, I see you test a lot of stems for the TM2, what's your favorite stem setup to use inside and outside of the house as of now?

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I understand. I'm the type that likes to stick to a set temp once I find a setting I like, set it and forget it type. The temp dial does move with ease when adjusting it so I always feel the need to check where the dial is before I use it just incase I accidentally bumped it when traveling or handling it. A clickable dial (or even a cover for the dial) would in a way lock in your temp settings so that they don't move too easily on you, one less thing I need to check before I use it.

Sounds like you are using other settings though, not just one all the time, I don't know I never use just one setting for multiple hits, that does not work well for me, I only take one hit at each setting temp stepping small amounts so it is different use, but I find the dial to be extremely secure, on my TM2 it was a little too stiff at first, though it is breaking in well now it is still very precise... And yes you can turn the dial all the way down to zero if that is especially concerning for you, though you will need to look at it to adjust it, just the nature of having the full range control, I suppose you could just leave it on one setting all the time, I doubt the dial would actually move much accidentally?

@ Shit Snacks, I see you test a lot of stems for the TM2, what's your favorite stem setup to use inside and outside of the house as of now?

At home as I've said it's always best with a WPA and a nice right angle hook like from OGB, and I love my Swiss hole rig dry with TM, I still have not really been out of the house much haha let alone with TM, but my plan is to use either of the two GVB stems I just got, I am so impressed how well they are cooling the vapor and preserving the flavors, there are so many different styles available though they can be quite reasonably priced for the clear options

RedZep

Because it looks like a Grav labs one hitter, just saying… people like me who are weak it’s a real fucking temptation and reminder of the real thing…
You're not weak. Habits are pernicious and mostly unconscious. They are set up to make you act without thinking.

You are strong everytime you resist. But you are not weak for needing to resist. Well done for trying to drop the habit.

CaptBongRipper

Life goes on, man...
Good post, people need to start showing pics instead of typing walls of text trying to explain something
What he said! Visual aids are great.

Just ask Doc Brown and no need to apologize if everything is not to exact scale...

Yeah I don't mind it that much really, and sitting at the piano quite often as well, I've got a reasonable game with my pinky and fourth finger.
Just thinking about the ergonomics. As peculiar a design the Bowle has, holding it and pressing buttons feels really intuitive compared to the TM. Being outfitted with pretty big hands, this might be different for someone with more delicate manual gear.
The pinky finger button on the TM2 REALLY bugged me at first due to a bit of arthritis, but after a week or so now it is totally second nature and no longer hurts once I realized I didn't have to mash it with my pinky. And I don't have small hands.

Maybe just give it a bit more time? Meh... ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

teddyruxx

Some of us were actually already indoctrinated to this style, with Milaana and some other early handmade vapes, that had to put the button in that location as a necessity (yes nowhere else it can go) however the key thing to remember is you do not have to use your pinky?? Especially here, hold the TM lower down, so your hand is not covering the top, hold it by the bottom, so you can press the button with any finger :tup:
oh yeh that makes sense, i assumed it was almost certainly a design constraint. and lol sure, u don't have to use your pinky! again, it's not sth i'm concerned about, my pinky's like the one part of my body that's fit lmao, and I've already bought aftermarket stuff from GVB, HA and RWW, so i'm lovin mine. I was just responding to a comment that seemed to me to imply the constructive crit re it was wholly unfounded.

Last edited:

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Let’s not forget this wonderful vape has a session mode so you could ease up on the finger movement a bit too. On-demand mode is my mode of choice though, and I don’t mind pressing and holding the button where it is. I think is a very comfortable vape to hold and love the feel (aesthetically the TM always appealed to me, almost steampunkish and love that too). :peace:

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
TM emailed me back and said it would be about 8 weeks before they would have a restock on the TM1.

Interesting, surprised they are going to bother, as it seems the TM2 solves most of their “return” issues on the OG. I know there is a price difference, but it’s not a huge difference for the improvements. Especially when I’ve paid less, but ended up with far less on other crap vapes. When the RED PH version comes out, I’ll get my 2nd TM, and it won’t be the OG…..

BleuEyedGuy

Interesting, surprised they are going to bother, as it seems the TM2 solves most of their “return” issues on the OG. I know there is a price difference, but it’s not a huge difference for the improvements. Especially when I’ve paid less, but ended up with far less on other crap vapes. When the RED PH version comes out, I’ll get my 2nd TM, and it won’t be the OG…..

I was expecting him to dis-continue the TM1, and the TM2 might be available without the ti stem, for something near $300, cheers!

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
Howdy friends,
Could anyone lend a second to measure how far deep the stems recess down when fully inserted into the TinyMight?

Thanks a ton :wave:
31.3 mm buddy 👍 (edit: original TM )

2nd edit: this is to the top of the retaining ring. There is a little variance to the height of the wooden body in the original models so be aware of that too.

The Pooka D

My little guy almost all kitted out! Still need a good case!
Does the wax that come with the high artisan wpa mouth piece safe to use on the TM body as well?
Check out Dime Bags. I picked up a 5" case and it fits perfect with the stock glass stem. Anything longer you'd have to leave out. Or maybe jump up to the 7" bag.

Zipford

lol well I agree with them. i've played piano my entire life so my pinky has some dexterity i know the avg person's doesn't, and it's still kinda annoying to have to use it instead of an index or thumb. Can you name another device that's operated by pinky finger?

edit: lmao i'm editing immediately bc i don't want this post to come across like i'm hating on the TM2. i very much love it. but that is curious button placement
A few small points on the TM button. First, I exclusively use the device native in "on demand" mode with either the OG stem or a GRAV Upline Taster. If you're running it through a bong or such, this may not apply.

But to activate the button, I use my ring finger and just let my pinky hang over the edge -- I find that easier than my pinky.

Alternatively, you can hold the device with the button against your palm and then pull the device against your palm to activate the button. Sounds odd, but it actually works pretty well, particularly if using a one or another finger doesn't feel comfortable.

Momor

The other thing is the lack of insertable mouthpiece out of the box. I am not quite a fan of sucking on such big of a diameter and would have loved even a silicone insert coming with it.
Just in case you don't know already you can put a dynavap fat mouthpiece in the TM tube.
You can also cut the tip of that silicone mouthpiece just to get the taper part (pictured with @dzoinp mods in the link below)

Top Bottom