TinyMight / TM 2

greenganja

Finally received the assortment of screens that I ordered from Finland. Took about three weeks to get here. So far I like using the rimmed basked and the dosing capsule with my High Artisan stem. The cap on the dosing capsule is a little fidgety and can be hard to get off & put back on, but otherwise works fine. Maybe the cap thing on the dosing capsule will work itself out over time. The rimmed basket however works great as long as you gently tamp the herb with the included TM tool. I seem to like the rimmed basket for it's easy of use, no slipping around inside the stem like the conical screens. The dosing capsule does fit just right inside the stem like Lad stated in his previous post. The rim of the rimmed basket rests right on the top edge of the stem with no slipping around and no interference with the glass sleeve or rings on the inside of the TM 2. I ordered five of each conical, dosing capsule and rimmed basket. Nice to have choices, as I didn't know which option would end up working better. I'll probably use the rimmed baskets for home use, and preload all five dosing capsules for travel purposes. Meaning that probably 80% of the time rimmed basket and the other 20% would go to the dosing capsules.

Last edited:

BleuEyedGuy

And the aftermarket cooling stem offerings have gotten fantastic! Just got my high artisan pill stem and good vibes pearl stems, very nice so far though I need to test them all... (Mine were pricier because I can't resist the colors though they are much cheaper when all clear)
PXL-20221008-220018703.jpg

These color stems are thicker glass, narrower inner diameter, still a nice basket screen load though!

Very nice, do you remember where you found it? I have something similar, 100mm in length, maybe 11mm ID, just enough that the TM rimmed screen & cu won't fit, but they seem to cool the vapor, cheers!

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Very nice, do you remember where you found it? I have something similar, 100mm in length, maybe 11mm ID, just enough that the TM rimmed screen & cu won't fit, but they seem to cool the vapor, cheers!

Sorry, maybe one of us is confused, these stems are from Good Vibes Boro... The basket screen in this one was included with the stem, the other clear stems take flat half inch screens... Did that answer it??

SirGanjaVapeAlot

I tried the search and wasn't really able to find an answer though I know its been discussed...

I have the TM1, and I love my HA stems, I have the 4 and now grabbed a 6 pill stem. I don't really like the rimless basket stems, especially if I want to take a smaller hit. On the other hand, I just can't seem to get the rimmed baskets to fit well, they seem loose, and whenever I try to take it out it gets stuck inside and I get to play fish the basket out of the vape. Is there an aftermarket version that fits better? Or a trick I'm missing?

GoldenBud

I tried the search and wasn't really able to find an answer though I know its been discussed...

I have the TM1, and I love my HA stems, I have the 4 and now grabbed a 6 pill stem. I don't really like the rimless basket stems, especially if I want to take a smaller hit. On the other hand, I just can't seem to get the rimmed baskets to fit well, they seem loose, and whenever I try to take it out it gets stuck inside and I get to play fish the basket out of the vape. Is there an aftermarket version that fits better? Or a trick I'm missing?
the tubo/tetra/rbt baskets are not working as well as the TM's baskets, which are much expensive and are being sold only at the TM website AFAIK (the TM's rimmed baskets don't get stucked inside, the tetra/rbt baskets do)

sdrsh

Big TM stuff drop at TRWW, including mouthpieces. Enjoy.
Thanks for this! Scored a gorgeous looking mouthpiece last night due to your public service announcement, the last one that was available :bowdown:Exactly what I've been looking for!

Had the TM2 for a little over a week now and can absolutely underscore all the hype around this manufacturer!
Didn't have a TM1, but this is exactly what I was looking for and more. The Bowle just isn't portable enough for me, and neither are other heavy hitters in the same category. The TM2 filled that void beautifully and will be in my pocket/backpack for many adventures, as well as quick hits in and around the house.

Positives:
quick and tasty hits, as thick as you like
very customizable ( variable heat settings, adjustable airflow by various means, stems, and mouthpieces, load size etc. )
easy charging and swapping of batteries
beautiful device ( in my eyes at least )

The main thing is obviously the vapor quality, with its own delicious signature. It sits right next to my miniVAP and Bowle in this department. Both are slightly easier to load and unload as the TM, but can't hang in the portability aspect.
The Bowle heats up 2-3 seconds faster, but also dies a lot faster without ability to replace the batteries, which makes it a table vape for me.
The MV needs minutes to warm up, but then you can just hit it back to back to back without even thinking about anything ( plugged in ) which makes it my workhorse for those nights of gluttonous indulgence.
Both, the MV and the Bowle really lack the adjustable temp however, which is a huge plus for the TM!

There are two things that I would mention as constructive feedback:

One is the button placement. For native dry use I would like the button to be actionable by my index finger, so towards the top of the unit, and not on the bottom. I've read of the palm press technique and tried it out, but found it to be a little inconvenient. The placement is probably due to the location of the board and would be an engineering nightmare to move it up to the top, so I understand...

The other thing is the lack of insertable mouthpiece out of the box. I am not quite a fan of sucking on such big of a diameter and would have loved even a silicone insert coming with it. Fortunately, there are great craftsmen and women out there... could y'all just move to Europe please? Shipping costs are eating my stash!

Will come back with more thoughts and hopefully a pic of my preferred setup in due time.

Last edited:

Zipford

Can only guess, but perhaps the heater coil has shifted, shorted or been damaged by gforce. Maybe the resistance has changed, and the device is now out of calibration. Given you can recalibrate, I think I would try this, but ultimately it might be a case where talking to the manuf is a good idea. It might need RMA, and it sounds like there is a good turn around with that at least. Of course if you can recalibrate it and get expected performance than you save yourself that hassle. It might be worth a try, maybe someone with more experience can chime in.

What was the process with replacing the glass sheath? Did you buy it from a retailer or?
TM included an extra glass sheath with my original order, maybe because I also ordered spare o-rings, so I had a spare on hand. It needs to be such a specific size that I never tried to source it elsewhere, and just ordered 2 more from TM as future back-ups.

The glass sheath sits around/outside the metal tube that you insert a stem into, and is sealed in place by a thin o-ring (black in my case, sometimes white) that sits in the top plate. So to change it you start by unscrewing the tube holder ring and removing the metal tube, tube o-ring and the heater screen. Then unscrew the bottom torx screw and remove the top plate (ideally keeping the lower plate firmly pressed against the wood body to keep the entire bottom of the device together. Then the glass sheath comes right out, along with another metal ring that the glass sits on.

There is also a lower glass sheath, but I don't think that is user-serviceable (at least not easily, I think someone here took that aspect apart but I think the heater coil can unwind and it becomes a real PITA to get back together).

Cheebsy

Microbe minion

You can stretch the sides out with a pencil or dab tool or similar and the ruined screen should be a little more secure.

Anyone having issues with the rimless in a WPA can try a trick I've been using for some time now. Find a pen that fits inside the stem with a slight amount of wiggle room. Grab a flat screen wider than the stem. Place the screen over the end of the stem and gently push the screen into the stem with the pen, forming a new rimless screen, but with messy edges. Use a pick to get the screen back out of the stem and flatten the base, this should help widen that area. Now reinsert the new screen but with the ruffled edges first. You should now have a glass chamber with a flat(ish) screen at the bottom which should fit much tighter than the standard rimless screen.

ezpz

You can stretch the sides out with a pencil or dab tool or similar and the ruined screen should be a little more secure.

Anyone having issues with the rimless in a WPA can try a trick I've been using for some time now. Find a pen that fits inside the stem with a slight amount of wiggle room. Grab a flat screen wider than the stem. Place the screen over the end of the stem and gently push the screen into the stem with the pen, forming a new rimless screen, but with messy edges. Use a pick to get the screen back out of the stem and flatten the base, this should help widen that area. Now reinsert the new screen but with the ruffled edges first. You should now have a glass chamber with a flat(ish) screen at the bottom which should fit much tighter than the standard rimless screen.
Same concept as @Cheebsy, but a little different technique.

I use the rimless baskets, smash the cone side down about half way, form the screen around the CU, and pop right in.

20221009-070912-Burst01.jpg
[/url]

teddyruxx

I personally like the button where it is....I can't think of many people to have mentioned this either 🤔
lol well I agree with them. i've played piano my entire life so my pinky has some dexterity i know the avg person's doesn't, and it's still kinda annoying to have to use it instead of an index or thumb. Can you name another device that's operated by pinky finger?

edit: lmao i'm editing immediately bc i don't want this post to come across like i'm hating on the TM2. i very much love it. but that is curious button placement

CaptBongRipper

Life goes on, man...
Same concept as @Cheebsy, but a little different technique.

I use the rimless baskets, smash the cone side down about half way, form the screen around the CU, and pop right in.

20221009-070912-Burst01.jpg
[/url]
Thanks! I have not been using my High Artisan 4-pill stem because of this issue. Just tried it and the screen is FINALLY sitting there and not moving around. I need to be sure though, so will try a bowl to test. In the name of SCIENCE, of course.

Last edited:

Lad113

There are two things that I would mention as constructive feedback:

One is the button placement. For native dry use I would like the button to be actionable by my index finger, so towards the top of the unit, and not on the bottom.

The other thing is the lack of insertable mouthpiece out of the box. I am not quite a fan of sucking on such big of a diameter and would have loved even a silicone insert coming with it.
I'm with you on the button placement and I don't think you are alone. I think it would be more comfortable if the button was on the top instead the bottom. One reason they may have chose to place the button on the bottom besides it being easier/cheaper to manufacture is to avoid accidental presses of the button when handling the device as you kind of have to go out of your way to push the button on the bottom.

As for an out of the box mouthpiece they could simply just taper one end of the stem for a more comfortable experience.

What other changes would you all like to see for the TM3? I'm sure the creator would love all the constructive criticism!

For me I would love to see a proper hard shelled traveling case made specifically for the TM that comes with the device or at least sold seperately. Another thing I would like to see are rimless basket screens that have a structured vertically rimmed groove at the opening of the screen to hold an o-ring to remedy the issue of having rimless screens that move around inside the stem too easily. I would also like to see more color options like the Tetra P80 has so its more unique to the individual. It would be nice if the temperature dial had clickable settings, maybe in quarter increments. I tend to spend way too much time making sure the dot on the dial matches up with the numbers on the scale, not everyone has OCD though lol. I think my biggest complaint with the TM is the stock cooling unit. Maybe they could just do away with it altogether and hook up with one of these amazing aftermarket glass stem artist to include one of their stems that don't need the frequent cleanings that the stock cooling unit needs.

Top Bottom