TinyMight / TM 2

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
For the newest TM owners having difficulty with removing or adjusting the CU in OG stems:

RustyOldNail,
Reactions: cosimo

VapeKnight

Day Tripper
Dr. Vaporific, I presume? So I’ve got my TM open - I’ve already lost the thin rubber gasket atop the glass cylinder and can’t find it at all! - even removed the haptic thingy from the rubber housing with fine point tweezers (Nurse Ratchett, scalpel please), slightly bent up the contacts and reinserted the haptic thingy in the rubber housing with tweezers.

So far so good except I still can’t fucking find the oring! Oh and the board is loose and can slide a bit in either direction. Any suggestions for this? Do I dare tighten the screw holding the heater to the board which may help? Sanding will commence momentarily!

Lastly, for the first time in 3 times now I’ve taken my TM apart, the heater ring BELOW the screen heater ring came out when I turned it upside down. I’ve seen it in a rare photo and mentioned sparingly but it’s not an albatross. Very interesting! :sherlock:
:peace:

EDIT: This is getting weird. Not only did I find the clear oring, I found 2! I didn’t think I replaced the original with 2. They were stuck together. I wouldn’t have done that but I guess i did. Wow. Only one is going back in.
maybe you should wait until after you finish your repairs before vaping.:rofl:

Marlox

468 pages?!? Are you ... serious ❔⁉️❔:lol:

Incredible... There will NEVER be a Tinymight-Best-of, because no one will ever dig through all this posts for that^^
what a pity...

I recently made an 18mm-adaptor with extra thick walling, but maybe i should better post that in the diy-forum...
Search for: Tinymight 18mm adaptor EXTRA STRONG
(but give me an hour or so, OCDs need some extra time for writing 😉

edit:
Here it is:

Last edited:

Arawfish

Green Thumb
What’s the general consensus right now? I’ve heard the CS has improved markedly, has the rate of device failures decreased at all or is this thing still temperamental and finicky? Looking at buying one to see what all the fuss is about and to compare it with my others.

Vaporware

@Arawfish I still don’t have a TM, but I have read the whole thread and more about it so keep that in mind while reading. :)

The general consensus in this thread for a long time has been “buy one (or more) immediately”.

It does have great performance, and some of the design issues it started out with have been changed for the better, but there are still things that I see happening to people too often.

For example:

1. Many people experience performance drops at some point. Usually after a long period of great performance. Most of the time seems to be related to electrical contacts, but there are several contacts and without guidance from the manufacturer people have had to either send them in for repairs or come here for help.

On the positive side, I think these issues are almost always fixable and most of the fixes aren’t too difficult to try.

I should also say that while most people have good performance for a long time first, some people can have issues earlier and I suspect it has to do with the environments they’re using their TMs in (and/or whether or not they’re clearing their hits).

If you use it every day in a clean room it’ll probably be fine for a long time, but if you use it outside a lot you might want to talk to @slayyou about the parts he 3D printed himself. I think they might help to keep dirt out of the device since normally the wooden body and metal ends are not well sealed and it’s possible to end up with dirt under the cap which can mess with that electrical contact.

2. The haptic feedback motor stops vibrating more than I’d like to see. I think the design of that part might need another look, but most people who have problems with it fix it easily and I don’t think it’s as common a problem.

3. There are some small things that people can miss or when putting it back together after cleaning such as o-rings, the heater screen (which should be secured better in my opinion), and the metal ring around the stem that tightens (along with an o-ring) to hold the stem firmly and seal the air path from the top.

That said, almost everyone here who has bought one has been happy they did. If you don’t want to mess with it at all you may end up having to send it in for service at some point, but it would very likely work solidly for you for many months or more without much work from you.

I don’t want you to think I’m saying that you have to mess with it every time you use it to get it to work right because when it’s working it gives consistently great results, but if you ever do have one of these problems you may need to open it up or send it in.

I hope that’s a helpful answer for you. :)

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
What’s the general consensus right now? I’ve heard the CS has improved markedly, has the rate of device failures decreased at all or is this thing still temperamental and finicky? Looking at buying one to see what all the fuss is about and to compare it with my others.

Yeah the general consensus is buy it if you want it, ignore the rate of device failures because there's no way to know what it is at all lol many of us here have had no issues, some people do have issues, it's like any other vape, it may require patience for customer service, but they will take care of you, reasonable to but no need to overthink

Scrimshaw

Vaped Crusader
So I had a short but lovely honeymoon with a new TM, but now the button is stuck in and won't pop out... :\ I totally babied it, never dropped it or even used out of the house. Was hoping not to have to open it up for at least a while, but happy to if I can avoid returning. I figured I'd ask this brilliant hive mind if there were any easy steps before I start climbing the language barrier. TIA y'all!

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
So I had a short but lovely honeymoon with a new TM, but now the button is stuck in and won't pop out... :\ I totally babied it, never dropped it or even used out of the house. Was hoping not to have to open it up for at least a while, but happy to if I can avoid returning. I figured I'd ask this brilliant hive mind if there were any easy steps before I start climbing the language barrier. TIA y'all!
sounds like the soldered connections on the pcb gave way, bummer. only thing to do I start a repair ticket unfortunately. you can open it up to confirm of course but there's really nothing you can do.

Djsleepy

Gotta send it in! They will get it fixed quick or send a new unit! Just start the process and keep your info simple and to the point (that will take care of language barrier) ....mine took two weeks turnaround. Good luck!

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Love this new Tinymight mp/wpa @RogueGuy just flashed on IG.. fits RBT stems also. I will totally grab one of these if/when they hit the site! Like a colorful version of the ditanium mp.
Cool, however I must object to the cooling unit and the extra metal part below the blue tip.

For me the whole point of the wpa is to get the cooling done with a glass airpath via a j-hook or bubbler and to get the stainless steel out of the vapor path. The cooling unit also clogs much more quickly and adds draw resistance.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Cool, however I must object to the cooling unit and the extra metal part below the blue tip.

For me the whole point of the wpa is get the cooling done with a glass airpath via a j-hook or bubbler and to get the stainless steel out of the vapor path. The cooling unit also clogs much more quickly and adds draw resistance.

Except you do not want to remove the metal part for this, that goes inside the tip, giving you a steel vapor path, actually I think it is titanium, so the acrylic is just for the aesthetic and mating to the glass joint... This could certainly be used without a cooling unit, you could even fill up the stem with beads! His vapman one is very nice

NimChimpsky

For me the whole point of the wpa is to get the cooling done with a glass airpath via a j-hook or bubbler and to get the stainless steel out of the vapor path. The cooling unit also clogs much more quickly and adds draw resistance.
Yea I too wouldn't use the cooling unit in tandem with a hook, he was probably just showing that it is possible to fit both the CU and mp. And yea Ti on the mp vapor path.

Last edited:

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
I’ve gotta say for the millionth time I love my Tinymight. With the recent sanding and beeswax treatments (it looks more rich and a bit darker too) and fixing the haptic motor - and removing an unexpected second oring atop the glass cylinder, which I’m still at a loss for explaining - and, lastly, correcting a slight tilt of the top plate from the last time I dissembled it, my old (18 months) TM is like new again. And the most wonderful part it still kicks butt - every single time. It’s my usual nighttime and nightcap vape with the occasional weekend daytime usage. And I’m still using the CUs without the nuts and washers with the short stock stem. I love the low temps with it this way and found my balance with it after much time with it. Less hassle without the nuts and washers and I still get good cooling from the CU shells. I eventually do want to look into boro balls with the long stock stem but I’m in no rush. How I LOVE my TM! :peace:

condition

I will say it for the first time :). A week before my Bowle damaged, I received the extra long stem from Finland. While I was waiting for the replacement of the Bowle, I started using TM daily with the extra long stem from the manufacturer. When I managed to find the exact load quantity, I started loving the dry glass (term from shit snacks) vaping more and more. Now I like it so much that I ordered another extra long stem from manufacturer and stem from France and WPA with J-hook from France. I already own a cheap ass J-hook from china
rBVaVl6VsL-ABEvGAACaK3IIlVE919.jpg

and I can't wait to try the real stuff.

trevytrev

Happy little clouds
Not sure if anyone has posted this but I just found this j-hook in the UK, only £11 with shipping which I know is a little more than DHgate but at least it'll get here quickly.

*edit* Now sold out, you lot move quickly!!!! :lol:

Last edited:

Vaporware

Not sure if anyone has posted this but I just found this j-hook in the UK, only £11 with shipping which I know is a little more than DHgate but at least it'll get here quickly.

*edit* Now sold out, you lot move quickly!!!! :lol:

That looks like the same type a lot of places sell (probably bulk buys from the suppliers you see on DHGate), so if you see more similar pieces somewhere else they’ll probably be the same thing.

Sorry I don’t have another UK seller to point you to though. :(

trevytrev

Happy little clouds
That looks like the same type a lot of places sell (probably bulk buys from the suppliers you see on DHGate), so if you see more similar pieces somewhere else they’ll probably be the same thing.

Sorry I don’t have another UK seller to point you to though. :(
Oh yeah, almost certainly just bulk buying but just good to know it will be only 2 days. I got one all OK, I bought mine before posting in here as I had a feeling they might suddenly sell out!

condition

I got 2 of these at the same price from China and waited around a month for free delivery. I prefer it (using it with the WPA) from the typical short & long stem with bolts and nuts. Then I got the extra long stem which tastes better but restricts you to a certain quantity to load, so I managed to order one of the fancy JHooks from EU.

Apologies as this has probably asked before. I just can't find it in the thread...

My TM started out amazing. Huge rips like everyone else. But, I have been having issues with it for the last 3-4 weeks.

Issue -
I'm finding that I go to take a rip (at 3-4 temp) and all i'm doing is vaping hot air. Going to a higher temp just gives me hotter air and maybe some whispy vapor occasionally. It doesn't seem to vaporise the bud. This isn't consistent and some of the below attempts to fix have helped for a short time but then it goes back to the same issue.

Attempts to fix -
1. I pulled up the battery tab so that its at more of an angle. Originally I was just putting the battery in willy nilly but I think this pushed it down a bit. I'm more careful inserting the battery and haven't had to readjust this for ages.

2. Another solution I saw was to tighten the main screw. When I first looked at this, the screw was actually very tight and took some force to loosen, I assume it should be tightened in the same manner. I ended up completely removing the screw and 2 end caps. All the connections on circuit board looked good so I put it back together and tightened the screw as much as possible (while tightening, I put pressure on both end pieces so that the main body is as tight as possible). Sometime this fixes the problem for a time, sometimes this makes little to no difference.

I have not attempted to re-calibrate the temp but am wondering if that is the problem? Anyone with a bit more experience with this vape able to offer any guidance? Again, apologies as I know this has likely been covered.

Cheers,

DM

Dislocated Memories,
Top Bottom